Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,031 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (63433 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2008
think they will be fit.

Now Scholesy wont be back again for the derby. Its better not to rush him back sha but he'll be ready for the tournament in December.

good one! they shouldnt rush scholes o
December will be fine

Its only Hargo we aint gonna see this season embarassed
so painful
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2008
TKB
You have absolutely nothing to worry about
If Johny Evans coped well with the Chelsea game, Villa will also be an opportunity for him to stick his head for a shirt
He has rarely put a foot wrong in his games for us thus far this season

Rio has been a bit fidgetty and jittery. No denying his experience
As for Rooney, i pray he remains a bit on the sidelines with Gary
I need some more time to access the Partnership between Apache and Berbatov

We can beat Villa we've done it in the past, we can still do it again
Yes We CAN!! cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2008
tkb417:

good one! they shouldnt rush scholes o
December will be fine

Its only Hargo we aint going to see this season embarassed
so painful

I believe Scholes and Giggs should retire.
They should leave when the ovation is loud now and follow the footsteps of Solskjaer and even Roy Keane.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by neowelsh(m): 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2008
they've got plan brother,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2008
Sauron
nope, i still Scholes can still do 1 more season after this. Giggs should go after this season
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2008
tkb417:

Sauron
nope, i still Scholes can still do 1 more season after this. Giggs should go after this season

Whatz the point in keeping those "relics" when we have young kids coming up.
We are too bloated as a squad. . . . .It's about time Scholes/Giggs retire so the young kids can develop faster.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2008
~Sauron~:

We are too bloated as a squad. . . . .It's about time Scholes/Giggs retire so the young kids can develop faster.

Yes, we've coped without them very well already so I kind of agree esp for the sake of the younger ones cominng through but we all know Fergie is very sentimental and didn't Scholesy just signed a new contract recently?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2008
chamotex:

Yes, we've coped without them very well already so I kind of agree esp for the sake of the younger ones cominng through but we all know Fergie is very sentimental and didn't Scholesy just signed a new contract recently?

I know Fergie loves his old guards like crazy.
However, Nani and Anderson should be having more appearances than they are copping right now.
These guys are talented. . . . .They should be given a chance to grow.
Giggsy should just call it a day and retire.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2008
I agree with Giggsy, I think this should be his last season. He just doesn't cut it for me. I'm having doubts about Neville too, i'm not quite sure about him any more.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2008
Giggs retire?
Its just like asking fish to quit living in the water
His life is football
But for me, One more season, infact at the end of this,
Its over for them
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2008
chamotex:

I agree with Giggsy, I think this should be his last season. He just doesn't cut it for me. I'm having doubts about Neville too, i'm not quite sure about him any more.

Giggsy gave 3 points to Liverpool at Anfield . . . .I felt like bashing his nose when he failed to clear his lines.
He must retire this season. . . . .On that left wing, we have Ronaldo, JS Park, Tevez, Nani and Anderson who can run that channel effectively.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2008
I think Giggs and Gary should retire with immediate effect. they ve played their parts and we appreciate but we need to move on.
We can still make do with Scholes for a season cos he is still visionary.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2008
~Sauron~:

Giggsy gave 3 points to Liverpool at Anfield . . . .I felt like bashing his nose when he failed to clear his lines.
He must retire this season. . . . .On that left wing, we have Ronaldo, JS Park, Tevez, Nani and Anderson who can run that channel effectively.

Fans are quick to castigate a player for the slightest bit of self interest. . . .

How about the fans show some loyalty too. . . .

A whole Giggs na I'm Jacko dey disregard like this after almost two
decades of toiling for the Trafford faithful

Shior
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2008
Van Der Sar should also call it quits at the end of the season.He has paid his dues. 1 carling cup, 2 EPL and 1 UCL at the last count is a good return for a GK of his age.
His spirit is willing but the body is weak.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nyabinghi(m): 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2008
Giggs and Gary neville should be used in carling cup matches and fa cup . Also they should be allowed to come in when we are 3 goals up and around 10 minutes to go. Scholesy should be used against non physical sides.
My first 11 for now:
Van der Sar,rafeal,evra,carrick,rio,vidic,ronaldo,rooney,tevez,fletcher,park

or van der sar,brown,evra,anderson,evans,vidic,ronaldo,tevez,berbatov,carrick,nani
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2008
doyin13:

Fans are quick to castigate a player for the slightest bit of self interest. . . .

How about the fans show some loyalty too. . . .

A whole Giggs na I'm Jacko dey disregard like this after almost two
decades of toiling for the Trafford faithful

So we should keep him even if he's no longer effective again??
Uncle Doyin, where is your common sense??
Players come and go. . . . . .Giggsy cannot continue to play forever.

ndumart:

I think Giggs and Gary should retire with immediate effect. they ve played their parts and we appreciate but we need to move on.
We can still make do with Scholes for a season because he is still visionary.

We can sell Giggs to Arsenal like we flogged Silvestre.
Fergie needs to start thinking about the future. We have got some good young players coming up and we need to start clearing for them.
United's midfield is secure with Anderson and Carrick and Hargo if he stays FIT.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2008
Abi u dey craze angry angry angry

Go find ur Uncle for Okoko u hear grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2008
doyin13:

Abi u dey craze angry angry angry

tssk tssk, Where is this guy from??
Resorting to cheap insults when cornered makes u come across like a kid throwing his toys out of his pram.
Grow up.

Go find ur Uncle for Okoko u hear grin grin grin

Okoko ko Obobo ni. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2008
~Sauron~:

So we should keep him even if he's no longer effective again??
Uncle Doyin, where is your common sense??
Players come and go. . . . . .Giggsy cannot continue to play forever.

We can sell Giggs to Arsenal like we flogged Silvestre.
Fergie needs to start thinking about the future. We have got some good young players coming up and we need to start clearing for them.
United's midfield is secure with Anderson and Carrick and Hargo if he stays FIT.
It looks like the word impossible has stopped existing in your dictionary grin grin

Moreso they won't try a second gamble.
Silvestre is already dealing with them
Cheap article. . . . .  na so e dey be grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2008
u have forgotten the goal against Barca grin grin
He can still do it
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2008
tkb417:

u have forgotten the goal against Barca grin grin
He can still do it

Of course, our relics can play in Europe.
European teams are too slow to build up their attack which suits Scholes n Giggs.
In the Premiership, they would be exposed.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2008
We've still got old heads like Rio, Vidic and even Carrick to step upa nd be counted. Hargo aswell cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2008
Scholes still has some things to offer, Giggs has little while Gary has absolutely nothing to offer.
Gary and Giggs get me tensed up anytime i see them wear that red shirt. Before now, i thought they should play against the Hulls, Stokes and West Broms of this world but the performances of the aforementioned teams so far made me change my mind.
We have a lot in our 'arsenal' and we can do without theses guys.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2008
chamotex:

We've still got old heads like Rio, Vidic and even Carrick to step upa nd be counted. Hargo aswell cool

The defence unit should contain the most experienced players in the team.
The midfield should contain players in their mid-20s(less experience) because their energy is important.
The attack unit should have the least experienced players and yung'uns who can run opponents down.
Giggsy n Scholes are not defenders so they are not effective for the team. . . .Scholes would flourish if partnered with Carrick though.

I am watching our reserves playing an AWAY game against Hull.
Stelios is playing for Hull and he is giving our lads so much trouble in the defence.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2008
@ sauron,

Don't mind me. My usual life/workstyle takes over my leisure
which includes nairaland. Hardly in one place. Doubt I'll be a
great husband. Typing this from stanstead. Bloody expensive
stuff.

Out of our old guards, only Neville seems out of place at the
moment especially with Brown Rafael doing greatly there.

Scholes especially will still be useful for us.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2008
akinalabi:

@ sauron,

Don't mind me. My usual life/workstyle takes over my leisure
which includes nairaland. Hardly in one place. Typing this from
stanstead. Bloody expensive stuff.

We have missed u in this zone.
After our victory in Moscow, u just disappeared. tongue

Out of our old guards, only Neville seems out of place at the
moment especially with Brown Rafael doing greatly there.

What about Giggs??
I was shocked when Fergie brought him on at the Emirates when United needed to get goals.
Please. . . . . .Does Giggs scare anyone again? I was expecting to see Nani

Scholes especially will still be useful for us.

Scholesy is useful. . . . . . .He would flourish with Carrick as Carrick quickly makes himself available to receive his passes.
Anderson does not function well with Scholes as he is still learning how to play in Man Utd.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 8:44pm On Nov 18, 2008
Yeah. Giggs should not be brought in in times of emergencies. At
such times, what we need is pace and penetration. The type Nani
can offer.

Giggs can still play some European matches. His experience will
come in handy.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2008
akinalabi:

come in handy.

Only when the matches have been won.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2008
akinalabi:

Yeah. Giggs should not be brought in in times of emergencies. At
such times, what we need is pace and penetration. The type Nani
can offer.

Exactly ma sentiments.

come in handy.

I agree but only when the game is almost over like his cameo in Moscow.

P.S. Sir Alex Ferguson got hit with a 2 match touchline ban and £10,000!!!
The punishment is senseless in me opinion. . . . .When players make mistakes, they are criticised and corrected.
When referees goof, they should be told so they don't make the same mistakes. . . . .
I also felt the man in black in the HULL game was biased. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2008
ndumart:

Scholes still has some things to offer, Giggs has little while Gary has absolutely nothing to offer.

we can do without theses guys.

Actually Scholes and Giggs still have some things to offer. Its Gary that's the scariest of the three. Scholes still does good in the MF, and of course his experience is invaluable. We can still do with the man's legs (and hands for more volleys grin ).

Giggs is slowing yeah, but he is still okay in the middle. Only thing now is he shouldn't be a starter anymore.  .  .more of a mid second half performer.

Gary.  .  .Gary Gary Gary grin He is a good skipper and all, but I was just too embarrassed at the way Nasri played around the old boi grin Definitely he should make way for Rafael. Of course Fergie will still insist on playing him.  .  .he should be used for UCL games where experience is very necessary, and even then, he should be surrounded with the younger boiz to help minimize his slip-ups.

Youth is necessary and experience is invaluable.  .  .the key is knowing how to effectively combine them when required, and knowing when to pick one over the other. If Fergie would just reason un-sentimentally, United would have no problems at all. If the players aren't being complacent, that is. There's only so much a gaffer can do anyway grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2008
What? Havnt heard that? Jeez.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2008
So who's going to be in charge at the touchline?

Mike Phlan? Dont trust him one bit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (98)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.