Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only - Romance (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only (128044 Views)

Seven Reasons Guys Cheat Easily / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by drnairalov: 8:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
still remember this topic ,one of the well written topic on Nl killjoy i sight u cheesy
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
cheesy
drnairalov:
still remember this topic ,one of the well written topic on Nl killjoy i sight u cheesy
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by ChizzyMaris(f): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2016
killjoy:

brainwash you say? such a poor choice of words
Whatever. at least you understood my point.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by virginboy1(m): 9:09am On Feb 06, 2016
killjoy:

please read the book, if not to gain knowledge about the schemes and wiles the "matriarchal system employ in 'stretching a man's balls'", then read it for it's erudition, originality and humor.

I assure you, you won't regret the time spent.
Thanks Bro. I appreciate. Moreover it was a privilege coming across this thread.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2016
Great post! I had to break up with my gf(now ex) because she's always nagging about getting married.

The only thing she talks about each time we're together is how this suitor and that suitor is coming for her.

At last I couldn't take it any longer and told her to go get married to her damn suitors and leave me alone and that marriage is the last thing on my mind now.

Who the hell wants to get married anyway when the time could be spent making more money huh?

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 11:34am On Feb 06, 2016
slim49z:
Great post! I had to break up with my gf(now ex) because she's always nagging about getting married.

The only thing she talks about each time we're together is how this suitor and that suitor is coming for her.

At last I couldn't take it any longer and told her to go get married to her damn suitors and leave me alone and that marriage is the last thing on my mind now.

Who the hell wants to get married anyway when the time could be spent making more money huh?

Getting married didn't stop Zuckerberg from becoming a billionaire. This is just a lame excuse, there are better reasons.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
LordReed:

Getting married didn't stop Zuckerberg from becoming a billionaire. This is just a lame excuse, there are better reasons.

there is this type of fallacy you guys are guilty of time and time again. it's called:

Survivorship bias – when a small number of survivors of a given process are actively promoted while completely ignoring a large number of failures.

don't act like there are not millions of men out there who are far from productive "because they are married". if you can spend the rest of your life with a selfish nagging creature who thinks only of herself and can still make it in life, by all means, go ahead. good luck

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 12:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
slim49z:

when a woman starts nagging about marriage, it shows, most of the time, how tired she is of taking responsibility for herself and how she can't wait to push all her problems on her unsuspecting prey. for better for worse indeed.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by IgaraNla1(m): 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
No b ur 4lt,if dem no born u,u 4 no get chance talk shit.... commend ur hands 4 d stress sha..
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
killjoy:

there is this type of fallacy you guys are guilty of time and time again. it's called:

Survivorship bias – when a small number of survivors of a given process are actively promoted while completely ignoring a large number of failures.

don't act like there are not millions of men out there who are far from productive "because they are married". if you can spend the rest of your life with a selfish nagging creature who thinks only of herself and can still make it in life, by all means, go ahead. good luck

LoL who told you to hang out with selfish nagging creatures? The female billionaires who are married are not making money abi?

LoL I point out a couple of role models for your "I want to make money" bs and you hide your head under "survivorship bias", isn't it obvious your problem is not marriage?

LoL anyway keep deceiving yourself that it is marriage that will be your only obstacle to wealth.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 1:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
LordReed:

LoL who told you to hang out with selfish nagging creatures? The female billionaires who are married are not making money abi?

LoL I point out a couple of role models for your "I want to make money" bs and you hide your head under "survivorship bias", isn't it obvious your problem is not marriage?

LoL anyway keep deceiving yourself that it is marriage that will be your only obstacle to wealth.

I'm gonna tell you a lil story..

I got me this friend of mine working some peanut job and the gf then too is working some job of around 50k per month.

Then suddenly the gf starts getting a boatload of suitors..the rich and the poor, the lame and the wise..

My friend gets cold feet and feels he's about to loose the girl..I told him so what?..I know you love her and shit,but if she wants to get married then let her.

He said no that he cant let her go that he would marry her then, afterall she's working too and they can always combine. Poo talk!

He talk it over with her gf and they agree to get married. They got married eventually, but the guy lost his peanut job not long afterwards..too bad.

Then he starts asking the girl(now wife) for money while he hunts around for another job.

Know what the wife told him onetime? That if he thinks she's gonna be sharing her salary with him, then he had better think again! So much for better for worse..nonsensical nonsence!

The worst part is that each time he hangs out with us 'singles' where we discuss business plus pleasure, the wife asks him why he's hanging out us, that he shouldn't be useless, that he should be useful by looking for job. Another Poo talk!

So tell me Lordreed, what do you make of this real life story?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 1:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
killjoy:

when a woman starts nagging about marriage, it shows, most of the time, how tired she is of taking responsibility for herself and how she can't wait to push all her problems on her unsuspecting prey. for better for worse indeed.

True talk.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 1:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
slim49z:

I'm gonna tell you a lil story..

I got me this friend of mine working some peanut job and the gf then too is working some job of around 50k per month.

Then suddenly the gf starts getting a boatload of suitors..the rich and the poor, the lame and the wise..

My friend gets cold feet and feels he's about to loose the girl..I told him so what?..I know you love her and shit,but if she wants to get married then let her.

He said no that he cant let her go that he would marry her then, afterall she's working too and they can always combine. Poo talk!

He talk it over with her gf and they agree to get married. They got married eventually, but the guy lost his peanut job not long afterwards..too bad.

Then he starts asking the girl(now wife) for money while he hunts around for another job.

Know what the wife told him onetime? That if he thinks she's gonna be sharing her salary with him, then he had better think again! So much for better for worse..nonsensical nonsence!

The worst part is that each time he hangs out with us 'singles' where we discuss business plus pleasure, the wife asks him why he's hanging out us, that he shouldn't be useless, that he should be useful by looking for job. Another Poo talk!

So tell me Lordreed, what do you make of this real life story?

The only thing this validates is there are shitty people in this world. I don't have the patience to pull up the many stories from women who supported their husbands when the going was bad only to be abandoned when it got good. There are shitty drivers who cause accidents so do you propose we stop driving all together or is there a better way to solve that dilemma?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Ruq: 2:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
Killjoy if you do eventually have a child or children how do you suppose they be raised?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
LordReed:

The only thing this validates is there are shitty people in this world. I don't have the patience to pull up the many stories from women who supported their husbands when the going was bad only to be abandoned when it got good. There are shitty drivers who cause accidents so do you propose we stop driving all together or is there a better way to solve that dilemma?

Way to solve this dilemma? Life is much more less complex and freer when you don't commit to a particular woman.

What drives me nuts is the African mentality that every man is supposed to get married.

I think the high time men starts making marriage decisions based on how they feel and not how the society feels, the better for everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ruq:
Killjoy if you do eventually have a child or children how do you suppose they be raised?

For someone who feels marriage will not make him become rich, I can bet he feels double for children.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
slim49z:

Way to solve this dilemma? Life is much more less complex and freer when you don't commit to a particular woman.

What drives me nuts is the African mentality that every man is supposed to get married.

I think the high time men starts making marriage decisions based on how they feel and not how the society feels, the better for everybody.

Which is why I said the "l won't marry because I want to make money" is a rubbish reason. Don't get married because you don't feel it is right for you. That is great marriage is not for everyone. But don't deceive yourself that marriage is the barrier to your becoming rich which is a rubbish reason.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
LordReed:

Which is why I said the "l won't marry because I want to make money" is a rubbish reason. Don't get married because you don't feel it is right for you. That is great marriage is not for everyone. But don't deceive yourself that marriage is the barrier to your becoming rich which is a rubbish reason.

The thing is, when you get married, you start playing careful. You don't take as many risks as you would normally when it comes to making money if you were single.

In addition, marriage can certainly make a man unhappy..look around you. The number of failed marriages is much more greater than the number of successful ones.

What most men do these days is get marrield to satisfy the societal urge, then keep a lot of mistresses outside to keep their sanity in check. Believe me, marriage can really drive someone crazy.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
slim49z:

The thing is, when you get married, you start playing careful. You don't take as many risks as you would normally when it comes to making money if you were single.

In addition, marriage can certainly make a man unhappy..look around you. The number of failed marriages is much more greater than the number of successful ones.

What most men do these days is get marrield to satisfy the societal urge, then keep a lot of mistresses outside to keep their sanity in check. Believe me, marriage can really drive someone crazy.

I really don't like arguing with statistics as a basis but here read this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2015/04/02/dont-be-a-bachelor-why-married-men-work-harder-and-smarter-and-make-more-money/
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
LordReed:

I really don't like arguing with statistics as a basis but here read this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2015/04/02/dont-be-a-bachelor-why-married-men-work-harder-and-smarter-and-make-more-money/

I read your statistics. Married men become more responsible..blah blah blah..but does that account for why many men detest going home to their 'lovely' wives after work? No or you got a statistics for that one too? I'd be happy to read!

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
slim49z:

I read your statistics. Married men become more responsible..blah blah blah..but does that account for why many men detest going home to their 'lovely' wives after work? No or you got a statistics for that one too? I'd be happy to read!

I am sure you do but that was not the point. Let's see if I can be clearer.

1. Marriage is not a barrier to financial wealth.

2. You don't have to marry if you don't want to.

Are these 2 points clear enough for you?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
killjoy:

I don't believe a woman should nag a man into marriage I prefer she looks for a man who is ready and glad to marry her. Getting married is actually taking on more responsibility because marriage means she can't just live for herself she has to look out for her husband and children as well.

When a woman is nagging a man to marry her I hope she is ready for the responsibility that comes with marriage.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
slim49z:

Like any venture in life some people will succeed and many will fail.

Anything can drive anyone crazy. Being broke can drive one crazy, being ill can break your spirit. Losing someone you care about can break your heart. Many happenings in life can drive you crazy. Marriage is just one of them.

Anyway I see no reason why anyone should marry if they don't want to people should stop blaming society it's the urge within themselves that drives them to marry.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Allboiz: 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Guys... go and read "The Manipulated Man" by Villar Ester and see how we are being maniputed to do what women want. It was written by a female as u can see. Enjoy and Learn!!!

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
Allboiz:
Guys... go and read "The Manipulated Man" by Villar Ester and see how we are being maniputed to do what women want. It was written by a female as u can see. Enjoy and Learn!!!

I'm definitely going to look for that book and read it. If I don't see it in bookshops, then I'm gonna buy it online, even if it's 10k. I'd like to read a woman's perspective on this.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 5:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
andromida:

Like any venture in life some people will succeed and many will fail.

Anything can drive anyone crazy. Being broke can drive one crazy, being ill can break your spirit. Losing someone you care about can break your heart. Many happenings in life can drive you crazy. Marriage is just one of them.

Anyway I see no reason why anyone should marry if they don't want to people should stop blaming society it's the urge within themselves that drives them to marry.

You think the society don't push a man to get married? No swthrt, our African soceity does, quite unlike what's obtainable in the Western world. I have lived in Europe before, so I should know.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
slim49z:

You think the society don't push a man to get married? No swthrt, our African soceity does, quite unlike what's obtainable in the Western world. I have lived in Europe before, so I should know.

I agree that there may be pressure from family members and friends but if you are convinced that marriage is not for you as many of you on this thread seem to be then why live for others expectations and not your own beliefs.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by slim49z(m): 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
LordReed:

I am sure you do but that was not the point. Let's see if I can be clearer.

1. Marriage is not a barrier to financial wealth.

2. You don't have to marry if you don't want to.

Are these 2 points clear enough for you?

Marriage is not a barrier to Financial wealth in its entriety, but somehow it does. Look at it this way; You got a once in a lifetime opportunity that requires you spending at least 2 yrs or more outside the country. Being a single dude, I can just jet off in the next available flight, but married?...
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by LordReed(m): 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
slim49z:

Marriage is not a barrier to Financial wealth in its entriety, but somehow it does. Look at it this way; You got a once in a lifetime opportunity that requires you spending at least 2 yrs or more outside the country. Being a single dude, I can just jet off in the next available flight, but married?...

Not a very good example. I know of no country where you legally get a job and will refuse your spouse entry. Heck even terrorists have used it as a means to get across borders.

Listen let's be honest there is no human relationship system that isn't froth with advantages and disadvantages. I get it, marriage to you is one big disadvantage. No problem, don't marry. But here is the rub no need to cook up the disadvantages that are frankly very subjective. Google "singles are more prone to suicide" so you know that what you are advocating isn't without its risks. But all of that is just words because each person must decide how their life will be lived. You want to be single, go ahead it's your life. Don't allow another person's experience be the sole determinant for what you are going to be and do.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by AVRecruit: 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
LordReed:

Not a very good example. I know of no country where you legally get a job and will refuse your spouse entry. Heck even terrorists have used it as a means to get across borders.

Listen let's be honest there is no human relationship system that isn't froth with advantages and disadvantages. I get it, marriage to you is one big disadvantage. No problem, don't marry. But here is the rub no need to cook up the disadvantages that are frankly very subjective. Google "singles are more prone to suicide" so you know that what you are advocating isn't without its risks. But all of that is just words because each person must decide how their life will be lived. You want to be single, go ahead it's your life. Don't allow another person's experience be the sole determinant for what you are going to be and do.

LordReed i skimmed through the conversation so pardon my omissions. The truth he is trying to convey is that the net benefits of modern marriage is either netral or negative for majority cases. When you get married you marry nagging, the lieing/unpredictable/illogical nature of women (i except mothers and pastors from this generalization), the risk of incuring a divorce as a result of this, most women today prioritize career over motherhood....this leads to men marrying older women but then cheating with mistresses.

the above pointed out phenomena are a trend in modern day. so highlight the logical benefits of marriage aside having children?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply)

S€X STORY: How I Slept With Anita “my Indian Maid” / What Name Do You Call Your Lover In Your Language? / Lady Selling Banana Causes Stir With Her Backside.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.