Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? (16660 Views)

Poll: Do you enjoy Nigerian movies?

I mostly enjoy them.: 48% (78 votes)
I mostly don't enjoy them.: 51% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Free Nigerian Movies: Leave onlinenigeria.com alone / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Oracle(m): 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2006
Well, i generally love movies, nigerian, american, indian and any interesting and educative movie
Nigerians are actually doing their thing on Nollywood and they're trying their best but we cannot deny the fact that there are certain flaws in these movies
However, this should not make anyone hate nigeria movies or hate nollywood coz they're coming up
we just have to watch, detect their faults and let them know, in orderto improve them
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by classiqkid(f): 12:23am On Aug 07, 2006
The ones I watch are mostly good.If you fit watch with understand you go dey enjoy.I mean c'mon yo they are trying their best.Rome wasnt built in a day.Eventually they will get there.So Dudes and Dudettes support em
babaibadan:

Just a suggestion O! no shout on me O! You guys should try out Adebayo Faleti, Mainframe films productions (opomulero) and some of Tade Ogidan films your mentality towards nigerian movies will change. Maybe u have been watching the wrong movies. Mind you not all movies shot in the US or UK or wherever are always interesting.

Nigerian movies have their shortcomings though;at a particular time they are shooting love films(bitter love,sweet love,controversial love,e-loveLOL) the next its bakassi boys and OPC before u know whats happening only Aki and POPO or watever are the only ones acting.There was also a time that naija movies was all about witches wizards and rituals.

And yup your right about Mainframe they are good.Yall should try watching films like oga,iwalewa or abeni you go dey enjoy.Tade ogidan is good also that film he done last was crazy.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by KOYO(f): 1:34am On Aug 07, 2006
At least we have our own movies and stopped depending on others to produce movies before we can have somthing to watch.

The choice is now urs to choose which of them u would like to watch, Dont forget that this industry has provided jobs for many young, struggling graduates and the like.

Accepted they have their flaws but all we need do is to learn to appreciate our own and encourage them to do better with constructive criticism.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Rubbermaid(f): 2:06am On Aug 07, 2006
I don't enjoy mainly because of the poor editing. They are so long - I mean unnecessarily long. They just drag on and on and on and on and on undecided
And the sound quality leaves me adjusting the volume on my tv continually.
'Twas too much work that I lost interest.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by shawna(f): 2:09am On Aug 07, 2006
exactly! i always try to watch it too but i loose interest within 30mins of the movie
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by achinu(m): 3:01am On Aug 07, 2006
Naija moves are quite boring! My girlfriend & parents luv that garbage. The story-lines are just not cutting it, not to mention seeing the same actors and actresses in all the damn movies!! The movies sometimes can be entertaining but most times are just straight CACA. Why do the actors & actresses try sooooo hard to sound like a YANKEE OR BRIT? Ol boy the thing tire me sef jare
The chics in the movie could definetly use some make-up & costume cuz all i see on the chics is all the BAD LOOKING WEAVES THEY HAVE ON THAT LOOKS LIKE A ROAD KILL PLUS THE THICK LAYERS OF PANCAKE THAT COVERS THEIR FACES.
On a postive note they have come a long way with the movie production!!
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by otokx(m): 8:33am On Aug 07, 2006
I don't like them because they do promote a poverty mentality.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by aleroaruya(f): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2006
I hate dem with passion! angry all dey show u is blood, blood, blood, cry, cry, cry, and backwardness.
we cant even fake air-lift, car accident, gun shot, wow! we use plastic guns, no technology. wat we do is rewrite a 30 minutes movie 10 times (with differnt title of cos). we split a 60 minutes movie (1 cd plate) into parts, and end up with part 1 to 3, (that's 6 cd plates) with a lot of stupid adverts! we cannot burn a bicycle not 2 talk of a scrabed vehicle. no science fiction, thrillers, best sellers; all we have is stupid luv stories, family problems and juju. that's all we have, we potray wickedness as if there is no good person on the surface of the earth and we make a lot of noise about our growing movie industry based on the number of substandard movies rolled out each month.

to make it more interesting, we need thrillers, science fictions, best sellers, cartoons and original luv stories
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by sirwebs(m): 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2006
Its amazing the emotions this thread has provided. Thanks seun for starting it.

My M.sc thesis is on Nollywood. Even though i don't watch the movies my research so far has thrown up some interesting facts. Nollywood is popular, very popular and a lot of Nigerians and Africans in the diaspora watch them to have a connection to africa. Most importantly Nollywood is purely a child of commerce. It was borne out of the need to cut costs or better still make money. So don't crucify the merchants.

Everybody agrees the plot is trite, production poor, no intellectualism etc but this industry has created thousands of jobs and earned hundreds of thousands of Euros in foreign exchange in the past ten years - without govt. help.

I am not yet converted but they have my respect now.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by xkape(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2006
sirwebs:

Its amazing the emotions this thread has provided. Thanks seun for starting it.

My M.sc thesis is on Nollywood. Even though i don't watch the movies my research so far has thrown up some interesting facts. Nollywood is popular, very popular and a lot of Nigerians and Africans in the diaspora watch them to have a connection to africa. Most importantly Nollywood is purely a child of commerce. It was borne out of the need to cut costs or better still make money. So don't crucify the merchants.

Everybody agrees the plot is trite, production poor, no intellectualism etc but this industry has created thousands of jobs and earned hundreds of thousands of Euros in foreign exchange in the past ten years - without govt. help.

I am not yet converted but they have my respect now.

No offence sir, but these are just excuses for us to continue in our mediocrity while the world leaves us behind

Personally i think the amount of time one devotes to watching Nigerian movies (or WWF wrestling for that matter) is inversely proportional to ones IQ
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by OldGlory1(m): 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2006
xkape

And your point is?
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by xkape(m): 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2006
errrrr, , go figure
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by kellorah: 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2006
@topic: don;t hate them, dont love 'em either. i judt yab them when i watch 'em. that's just me.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2006
i hate alotta things bout them

the fact that u can predict whats gonna happen in every damn movie
the fact that they always have bad actor/actresses
the fact that they always got stupid songs for the movie
the fact that they always got bad sound effects, like damn one scene is loud as hell, the other scene you can't hear shitt. You always have to tune your volume up and down.
the fact that all their horror movies is only about blood money and witches
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2006
personally i think the yoruba actors are so much better in acting. they act good. now the english ones my lawd where did they get these ppl from?
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by kellorah: 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2006
lol @
K2DaC:

. now the english ones my lawd where did they get these people from?
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2006
lol i swear alota them cannot act.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by neelsel(f): 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2006
I am an avid fan and so too is my BFF. To each its own,
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Bisanke(f): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2006
K2DaC:

lol i swear alota them cannot act.

@KC u right.lol it seems as times that they b trying to hard
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by kinzolic(m): 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2006
Well 80% of 9ja films r rubbish,no concept,originality and u know wht's gonna happen in d end only a few of them r good
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Bisanke(f): 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2006
yup wink
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2006
Lol yeah @ Bisanke.

and when something want to happen. they play that gay ass keyboard/piano sound effect shitt

tryna get us scared n stuff undecided
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Bisanke(f): 7:34pm On Aug 07, 2006
lol smiley i know right they be crackin people up when they think there suppose 2 b scaring them. they r sum , i don't know what u can even call em people for real wink grin
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2006
hahahah n the babalawo thing. when stuff dissapears n appears it looks so fake cheesy
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Bisanke(f): 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2006
yeah then they b having all these graphics and shiny shitt in the video like arrows and stuff they b lookin messed up for real.

And then like u know they cant c sum of dem graphics , thats when u really c the actors/actresses who can act cause they gotta act that part as if they see it

And the ones who cant act damn they b lookin fxcked up and lost cause they cant act sumthin they aint seeinggrin
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2006
lmfao they try to hard man. they r tryin but too hard

but n e ways i watch them but if the beginning is stupid i dont watch i only keep watching if its good.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Bisanke(f): 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2006
yup gurl me too wink cheesy
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by soccerchic(f): 7:55pm On Aug 07, 2006
I have to say, I absolutley love Nigerian movies. I watch it all the time. Maybe the reason I APPRECIATE Nigerian movies so much is because I am not Nigerian, hmmm I don't know. All i know is that there are a lot of Non-Nigerian here in the T.Dot who love Nigerian movies. My boyfriens on the other hand, who is a Nigerian can't stand watching Nigerian movies.  A friend once told me that in Jamica, Nigerian movies are sold so fast-That they love those movies there. I admit, someties, the lines are boring but its up to the individual to pick which movies they wanna watch. One of favourite movie ( yea, I said it-i have some favourite Nigerian movies) is SILVER STONE. This movie is directed by a woman ( I think) and deals with a serious/important issue and that is Rape and War. ( We all know that rape is usually used as a weapon of war against woman).
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by soccerchic(f): 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2006
I forgot to mention that i DON'T WATCH those movies with witchcraft and jujus. I Hate them
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by babaibadan(m): 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2006
can u allsee now, a prophet is not honored in his own town. Jamaica far away they are watching our films, selling fast for that matter. Imagine that.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 8:49pm On Aug 07, 2006
nonesens!! foolish nigerians stupid black people! shame on yall for life huh

as i can remember was it men in black 2 or something for eg was a flop ! and there are lot more out there not to mention ilie!

but hang on does that makes an american hate their movie?

what nollywood need for real is support from u me and the federal government yes that just the truth hope all yall lossers will agree!

hey i think it can then only get better! wonder how many good english films they got out there with all their resource!

we are out foolish nigerians! shame ooooooooooo

osuofai the master (419) i think wasnt bad at all fool!
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by disney(f): 9:17pm On Aug 07, 2006
Well, l must confess some nigerian movies are quite interesting and some are very very annoying. Well, let's not be fast to make judgements in that our so called naija actresses and actors are trying their very best.

Well, my own true confession , this is how l watch my nigerian movies, l watch beginning, fastforward to the middle and then fast-forward to the end. lol.

I don't waste my time listening to all the shouting and bla bla bla. hello, girl ain't got time for that. So l advise ya alll to do the same. Cheers.

Anyone  wanting to watch an interesting movie, go to www.onlinenigeria.com and watch spirit of love, traumatized, fishers of men, my heart your home. Very interesting. Stay cutie ya all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Download American movies on laptop / Emmanuel Tv Changes Frequency / #BBNaija: Miracle Emerges As New Head Of House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.