Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,588 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? (16717 Views)

Poll: Do you enjoy Nigerian movies?

I mostly enjoy them.: 48% (78 votes)
I mostly don't enjoy them.: 51% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Free Nigerian Movies: Leave onlinenigeria.com alone / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2006
na waa!ooo

god bless one nigeria!
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by momoney1(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2006
I love Naija movies even though the prducers are wacky.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by deledele: 2:33am On Aug 31, 2006
nigerian movies!! where do i start; they are full of repititions, if u have seen one u have seen all!! there is no substance in these films.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by crabsweet: 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2006
naija movies are full of shit and it sticks. common animation looks like a rubber doll even rubber doll move better pass am.

Imagine one of this actors, i dont know his name but he has a scar on his forehead now alarm don tear am na mumu song he dey sing now. he was interviewd one certain time and he said naija will meet the pace of hollywood. can u imagine this. even 1,500 years to come dem no fit with their nonsense wey dem dey act.

i hate naija movies that i break anyone my sister buys
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Pribo(m): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2006
embarassedguy why not join them or give them clues they need to improve on. you seem to hate them so much tha i wonder what you were doing not into movie making. crabsweet try sweet small na.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by 2old4that(m): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2006
its not as if we dont like nigerian movies to be of standard like its western contemporaries; of course we do. Our so-called producers and co. should allow themselves to work with those that knows it. Better still pay money to have a foreign producer produce a film here and u get to learn from there.

i also believe there should be adequate finances prior to making a film. This will help in purchasing of high class modern facilities n equipment.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2006
na waa ooo! every time things dnt work out for we nigerians emm well i think its very funny when some nigerians advocate for a white man to be precise! this aint  soldier mentality na monkey mentality of cause! haha well believe it.  i swear nigeria at this stage in history dnt need that monkey mentality for real! people selling off the birth right without knowing it. oh lord im calling ha.

like im always say we never appreciate what we have when we had it. instead encouraging them in terms of support and $hit you are calling for UR SLAVE master, next now u probaberly turn around and call me a hater ! hope not ha.  emm when the 1st computer was produce by your slave master i guess he only reasearch and build on the knowlegde he s got! did he go to nigeria asking for herbalist for help? picture your brain huh. Germany economy is in recession, wonder how many germany u picture in nigerian embassy requesting for visa. they are still in their country dugging it.

therefore what nigeria need now is a young soldier like me (still under but coming ) not monkey mentality and im sure oga seun my brov (another soldier)will be glad to hear this.

nollywood for life ! it can only get better! and for those people that only just spent like 6 months in london went back to nigeria only to phone me back to tell me lagos is dirty, nigeria dnt like fake a$$ for real ! it was written God dnt like fake a$$es !

hey nigeria picture nollywood baby! have they got liver and niaja spirit!
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by 2old4that(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2006
maybe we should take sentiments and pride away from some would-be important issues like this. if we were highly considered slaves by them, we probably wouldnt be obsess with leaving our country to study with them in the same college. Just to be in the right footing with them (educationally).

when i meant by foreign; its not only whites that are best movies makers or producer in the world today, there're blacks as well. Of course there are good ones around us in the africa especially South Africa here. And i tend to like south african soap operas than ours.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by 2old4that(m): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2006
And i'm wondering if we were so precise in doing things, y did we have to call someone from outside to help uncover finger-prints in a crime scene committed in our own backyard.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 8:39pm On Aug 31, 2006
We should supprt our own. When the white man makes something we love it; whenever we make something we find fault. How about appreciating the self-sufficiency of the industry? We always knock each other as black people; we need to show more love and supprt so that we can prosper. For the early years; Nollywood is amazing. Go and research early Hollywood films and watch how they lynched our people and glorified racism and brutality. Nollywood is in its early days and still manages to have a dignity that Hollywood stils struggles to have. yes Nollywood doesn't have the full technical quality of things we've seen. Maybe that's because people make do with $10000 to make a film instead of the tens of millions Hollywood has. Level the playing field and let's see which industry trumps the other.

I support my own; even with it's imperfections.

Thank u lunafish, i dont need to elaborate or write much
Before americans wuld watch any other movie, they will watch hollywood's first, read it in an article.
black pple will neva apprecaite wat belongs to dem (Africans especially0.
As for me i love nigerian movies, i kno rite, not all the movies are gud, but u can tell me all the hollywood movies or bollywood movies are gud, they are not perfect, nollywood is just growing, and i know its going places.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2006
na waa ooo! they still dnt get it!
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by deledele: 2:26am On Sep 01, 2006
with regards to Seun comments that we should stop dissing nollywood films and try to big them up, the fact remains that nigerian film makers are not yet ready to invest in their films. they want to spend as much little money as possible and churn out alot of shoddy films. angry
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Madira: 9:09am On Sep 01, 2006
Well said, Superman and Queen2. As blacks we really need to start bigging up and appreciating each other, after all if we don't, who else will? No one else, that's for sure.
It is what one calls his or her wares that others will call them too.
Rome wasn't built in a day but our film industry, and hopefully, our country will get there someday.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Wumine(f): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2006
i dont think most nigerian movies make sense, u always know the whole script from the title. i dont like them at all!
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2006
Wumine dnt think ur post make any sense either!
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by 2old4that(m): 11:00am On Sep 02, 2006
@wumine
thank u

Like someone said earlier "if u've seen one u've seen all". grin
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2006
im sure a lot of story have been told! also alot still on the way! so sit back and fasten your sit belt all yall palyer haters!

in carnival festival in london i had my chance to see SEun arinze u see i just told my story
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by 2old4that(m): 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2006
Anywayz, lets not get too personal bout it.

i guess the result from the Poll says it all, my friend.
cheesy
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2006
which kind result ! oh u meant NFA result in glass house. u de crazy
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 12:34am On Sep 03, 2006
lol @ superman

@2old4dat, some movies are gud tho, not all
i kno some movies will make u want to curse after watching and spending ur money on it but as i said not all, some movies are re-watchable grin
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 12:50am On Sep 03, 2006
and how many good movies that comes out from london if i may ask this wanabees never beessssssssssss till they die. i guess all hollywood inspite of a the money invest are bums . i swear someone out there de craze. do u know even in musical vidoes u see in mtv base say like million or couple are spent only for the album out there to turn to a flop!

i swear some naija de suffer from "crazy cell anemia"
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by deb(m): 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2006
The best way to determine if somebody's

level of reasoning is low is to first determine

if he or she likes Nigerian "movies"(home video)
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 9:11pm On Sep 18, 2006
i guess someone in da house is declaring his IQ! great to know how dumb you are
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by deb(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2006
We should supprt our own. When the white man makes something we love it; whenever we make something we find fault. How about appreciating the self-sufficiency of the industry? We always knock each other as black people; we need to show more love and supprt so that we can prosper. For the early years; Nollywood is amazing. Go and research early Hollywood films and watch how they lynched our people and glorified racism and brutality. Nollywood is in its early days and still manages to have a dignity that Hollywood stils struggles to have. yes Nollywood doesn't have the full technical quality of things we've seen. Maybe that's because people make do with $10000 to make a film instead of the tens of millions Hollywood has. Level the playing field and let's see which industry trumps the other.

I support my own; even with it's imperfections.

I think I now have a better understanding. it does not matter if our own thing sucks. we should just support them anyhow. Even if our President is the most corrupt we have to "support" him afterall he his our own. "Great Idea"

That explains mr. superman's unguided and immatured way of passing comments.
Ordinary Man sorry "Mr. Superman" I support you whole heartedly afterall you are our own. Though you are a tokunbo residing in the uk sha.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2006
superman tokunbo for now! yes but emm im still down with the underground!
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by kk1(f): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2006
seun

i love naija movies, dont no why but i'v grown really fond of their so-called trash. i've sufferd all manner of scorn for this from my friends, but i dont mind. nollywood( wot d hell is'nollywood'?)has grown in a very disconcerting manner. is till prefer the movies i used to watch in the 90's (yeah, i'm a long standing naija movie follower) u know, dolly unachukwu, liz benson, ann njemanze. i watched stella damasus begin, i watched, RMD grow from a skinny scrawny actor,to the bulked up sex symbol he is now.

they had good stories then, nd it was all fresh, now its all being recycled, so its pretty annoying plus the technical errors and problems with speech articulation. i stil prefer yoruba movies, to some extent they seem to have more depth. i thot of goin in as an actress, but i'm not cut out for that, the quality of people in the industry now is quite appalling and i just cant fit in. so i've contented myself with being a personal movie critic to friends and family. i'm looking forward to the day i'd see a nollywood stakeholder and give him a piece of my mind!
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by cutey01(f): 2:43am On Dec 21, 2006
Raymand,
You said you hate Nigerian movies so much that you pirate their movies to bring down the industry.I do believe you know doing that makes you a CRIMINAL because it's illegal.Get real,be original,if you hate them that much,use the lil' coins you've made from pirating their work to make your own blockbuster instead of stealing their works.
As for wether I love or hate naija movies, I like Naija movies,but I will not disprove the fact that they are often full of flaws.However,I believe there is a topic on the common flaws in Naija movies on this forum,so,I will take my complaints there. I watch them when i'm homesick and I derive pleasure in criticising them.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 2:58am On Dec 21, 2006
now to all yall fake out there

i got 99 question

one

what if it happen to improve in futher that the whole world start watchin what would be ur blessed opinion

Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by grafikdon: 5:57am On Jan 01, 2007
smiley Don't waste your time Superman, even if there is a 'perfect' film from Naija, many will give it thumbs down without even taking a peek. I don't know about blacks in other parts of Africa but this trend is disturbing in Naija. Forget about Nollywood or whateva the heck you call it, everything else suffers the same persecution. In their mind they have built a great fortress that resist everything made by Nigerians. Don't forget there are Nigerians who will laugh at Nigerian made shoe calling it all manner of derogatory names but when an Aba man grabs the same 'crappy' shoe and slaps 'Made In Italy', the same people will grab the shoe faster than the speed of light. I am not at all surprised that some people think ''All'' Nigerian films are crap and the same, predictable, horrendous. Their judgmental sentiment apparently reeks of ignorance.

To those who think Nigerian movies suck so much that they have to pirate them. Clap for yourselves! You have done well. I hope you ain't saying jack about our 'corrupt' politicians and 'lootocratians' because na the same boat carry all of una. If you can't see it that way, sorry I can't help ya. If it sucks so much that they give ya pile, do the simple thing. . . fashie them movies , na by force?

Wonder what happened to the first Nigerian made car?

Anyway sha, naija movies are not perfect, heck I don't expect ANYTHING from ANY movie put together in two weeks . I have seen my fair share of good Naija movies as well as the bad ones There's always room for improvement. There are those who see the art of filmaking the same way they see buying and selling, that is a big problem right there. The most unfortunate thing about the Naija movie industry is the gate crashers run the show and the real pros are running around whining and fussing with their tail between their legs with nothing to show but big grammar and perhaps some obscure film nobody's ever seen/heard of. Fortunately there are those who are in it to make a difference and by the time they get together, the gatecrashers will be shoved off the cliff. . .
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2007
tell then! the truth is these ppl are enemy of progress for real! stupid ppl
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by phoenixman: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2007
i am just[b] indifferent[/b] to Nolly movies. embarassed
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2007
aND UR POINT IS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: JMK, Pere, Maria Receive Strikes For Microphone Infringement / Favorite Commercials / World Television Day 2017: Share Your Best Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.