Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? (16657 Views)

Poll: Do you enjoy Nigerian movies?

I mostly enjoy them.: 48% (78 votes)
I mostly don't enjoy them.: 51% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Free Nigerian Movies: Leave onlinenigeria.com alone / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by djrandom(f): 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2006
winkThey are like duplicates of each other. The good ones are good sha. But most are pretty predictable. Also, have u noticed that the TVs r always on (showing a DSTV channel) if people r there or not. And, another thing I don't like is after answering the phone, most times, u hear a loud 'WHAT'
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by dominobaby(f): 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2006
I don't want to use the word 'hate' but i strongly dislike them. I've only found one meaningful- Keeping faith
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Remmzy(m): 3:48am On Aug 14, 2006
damygurl:

i love and enjoy some of them but there are some nigerian movies that are so boring i can't even even watch more dan 20 mins of it.
[b]the truth & nothing more, but who do we blame for those irritating naija homevideos grin[/b]Is it the buyers or nollywood executives{whatever their association is anyway}? angry
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by damygurl(f): 5:16am On Aug 14, 2006
i blame the actors/directors. most of emm can't act. they don't make you feel the movie cuz they don't and it seems like they just reading a book insteading of acting a role.

in diz movie i watched recently. this gurl was playing sorta like catwoman's role. the costume was aight but she was wearing a brown timbaland boot. and the rope she climbed the wall with was this old rope they use @ d market. stuff like dat just make you wanna slam something.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Jamiie(m): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2006
I dont know why all this guys hate Nigerian movies, I think Nollywood is trying his best, I still prefer English movie than Yoruba movie. But never doubt mainframe movie they are great.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by enugu(f): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2006
When Bollywood started, the movies were worse, much more worse than Nigerian films; they got better as they went along. They copied Hollywood films UNASHAMEDLY but their people supported them and still do and now they are the biggest thing, next to Hollywood. Not only that, they are beginning to go mainstream. e.g 'Bend it like Beckham', Bride and Prejudice etc.

I LOOOOOOOVE Nigerian movies, sure a good percentage of the films suck; the story lines, dialogue and so on but so do Hollywood films. they just cover it all up with special effects and such e.g What women want (apart from mel gibson's performance, it was a washout!) and they are so many others but I wouldn't want to go into  that.

Nigerian movies are NIGERIAN and not American, Indian or Chinese so expect the Nigerian factor to be at work; however like those Chinese films that made us laugh with their 'unsynchronised speech', Nigerian films WILL get better. Let's love them and get involved positively to make them better
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Seun(m): 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2006
What women want (apart from mel gibson's performance, it was a washout!
This is like saying that Spiderman 3, minus Spider Man, was boring. What a ridiculous thing to say!
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by michy(f): 10:46am On Aug 18, 2006
i love nigerian films though some are annoying lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Shokoloko(f): 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2006
[color=#990000][/color] I HATE NIGERIAN MOVIES WITH EVERY ATOM OF MY BODY. it is so lame. they always repeat the same story lines. and some of the actors are very fake. only few films i've watched that i enjoyed like DISCORD1&2. the story line is different and they probably stole it from a foreign film. i can hardly believe the pple in the industry are smart enough to produce such a film. tongue
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2006
huh really?

as much as there are fake nigerians! u no i get one guy like that came to this country england a year ago, he went back this year with oyibo girl! now this is him on the phone with me hey lagos is very dirty!

so i think its difficult to tell you is real or fake before critising and stuff.

shit i don wound oooooooooooooooo! chineke
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by dilichukwu(f): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2006
they are trying, I've learnt alot of things even though they are repititions, each film has something reasonable to relate to people. most of the films are real when you watch them. To me anyway I love them. Somebody like Pat Attah, I love him soooooo much and his way of acting, I would personally like to communicate with him but I dont no how to reach him. If you can help me i would appreciate it so much. bye grin
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by shadex1(m): 12:07am On Aug 21, 2006
I actually retch when watching most nigerian movies and thats cus Am seriously allergic to bullshit.

I hate when nigerians try to make some detective kinna movie.it sucks like Dare Arte Alade's Album,
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by imomoh24(m): 5:02pm On Aug 21, 2006
2 me, its more interesting to watch a plant grow from planting to maturity, than to sit down and watch a nigerian movies.One of the actors is visiting with my family right now and he's always on my case on this,but i take care of mine.

pple always giving one excuse why things are the way they are,but we dont have to go thru all the phases Hollywood went thru b4 they got to where they are.

same way u cant invent the wheel again,but modify it to fit to wat u want to use it for.

its a shame really,wish we cld just stick to drama and see hw far we can go frm there.

"can i get a witness"
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by xkape(m): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2006
imomoh24:

2 me, its more interesting to watch a plant grow from planting to maturity, than to sit down and watch a nigerian movies.One of the actors is visiting with my family right now and he's always on my case on this,but i take care of mine.

people always giving one excuse why things are the way they are,but we don't have to go through all the phases Hollywood went through before they got to where they are.

same way u can't invent the wheel again,but modify it to fit to what u want to use it for.

its a shame really,wish we cld just stick to drama and see hw far we can go frm there.

"can i get a witness"

HALLELUYAH my broda. U ve got a witness right here

I would rather have a vasectomy that watch some Nigerian movies
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 11:04pm On Aug 21, 2006
na waa oo! we don golo
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by soulpatrol(f): 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2006
if them ask me say who be my role model among naija actors, i no fit mention any, what a shame! embarassed
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by soulpatrol(f): 8:19pm On Aug 22, 2006
in an igbotic accent what a shem! grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by superman(m): 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2006
haha ahah damn! and in yoruba that means ?
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by imomoh24(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2006
Hey i knw its kinda funny,but it is rather very serious.
these things are now on MNET,who knows where nxt? If we hv to put content out there, it has to beworth it.
dont just release a "movie" cos u got ther money to do so.
Simply put, our "movie industry is twisted"

XKAPE feeling u real good.hnx 4 being a witness.

nothing but love for 9ja though.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by koredey(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2006
As 4 me i don't really like nigeria movies & i can't say i hate then but all the same they are doing their best is just that their best is not enough. the should stop releasing many movies (most especially the yoruba mivie industry).they keep producing rubish & call then movies.well God will see u people thru. but to be candid nigeria movies are no worth it shocked tongue
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by sonyflash(f): 11:42am On Aug 24, 2006
yes i really love naija movies.infact i can't stay a day without watching at least one of them.i'm i love with nollywood,they are really doing well and growing faster than i could have imagine.i say kudos 2 nollywood and keep up ur good work done.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by mairodi(f): 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2006
I love love love love Nigerian movies!! Most people in Southern Africa love these movies!! If we are not watching Africa Magic then we buy copies which are found all over. Yes, these movies may not be perfect in many ways but its a joy to watch movies done by "sons of the soil". I do not enjoy them when they try and make a replica of a western movie or show too much juju. I appreciate Ramsey, Jim Ike, St Obi, Patience Ozokwor, Rira Dominic and Genevieve. Keep it up Nigeria because Rome was not beuilt in a day
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by soulpatrol(f): 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2006
@mairodi. i take it you're not nigerian? grin grin grin
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by soulpatrol(f): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2006
i ask because ive noticed that non-nigerians seem to appreciate our movies more than us. its kind of a shame too but tongue tongue
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by mrmayor(m): 1:05am On Aug 25, 2006
I actually give credit to Nollywood producers for what they have done so far but no industry especially entertainment can survive without active criticism.
A few of the things I find annoying is

1.Phony American and British accents,even Nigerians living in these countries don't talk like that.
2.Most of the movies showcase either extremely rich people on extreme poverty.No middle class i.e nurses,teachers or civil servants.
3.Some of the the story lines don't add up,why would people be talking about S Class Mercedes in a movie set in 1980?
4.Wrong actors for some roles,how can they cast a mid thirties actor as a teenager in secondary school.
5.Why are babies born in nollywood movies always boys! all rich families always have Only Child Syndrome but in reality Nigerian rich men are baby machines with childen from multiple women

Its really easy for outsiders to watch Nigerian movies because they are looking into another culture but for Nigerian we see things that are not real.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by mairodi(f): 7:35am On Aug 25, 2006
You are right, I am Zimbabwean. We watch more Nigerian movies than western movies. This also goes for Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique and recently South Africa. We have good films like Tsotsi from SA but these are directed by whites and sponsered by the west. Nigerain movies are totally African.With time, they will be as polished as the American film industry. Infact, Nigerian movies are better than most Bollywood sing-song movies. Anyway, i am glad the week-end is here. I have hired 3 african movies which I will totally enjoy with my family . Adios
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by Madira: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2006
I think the Nigerian music industry is a diamond in the rough. It does have its problems which must be addressed, however, some of the movies are quite enjoyable.
However, when all is said and done, I am extremely proud of it, warts and all cos as Mairodi said, it's ours. And not just for Nigerians alone, but for all Africans. The proof of this is in the fact that our peeps all over the continent enjoy and support these movies
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by 2old4that(m): 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2006
i dont like them any bit.

It doesnt need to have parts cos u'll notice that it always a repetition of the previous part.

And in some cases where there is part 2; they'll just be dragging it wishing it comes to an end.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by premo: 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2006
i love naija movies.they are not so wonderful but i think they are trying.we should and encourage them
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by premo: 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2006
i dont know why people say i cant watch a naija movie,if its not american its nothing as if they dont have american movies that are messed up.
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by enugu(f): 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2006
What women want (apart from mel gibson's performance, it was a washout!

@ Seun
[This is like saying that Spiderman 3, minus Spider Man, was boring.  What a ridiculous thing to say!

Your point of view, I take it? 

Would you have found it ridiculous if i had said that it was Olu Jacobs' presence/performance in 'Before the Sunset, that kept me watching for all of 15mins So what's so ridiculous about saying that the saving grace of 'What women want' was Mel Gibson

I take it you're an american film apologist  sad
Re: Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? by enugu(f): 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2006
[table]
premo:

i don't know why people say i can't watch a naija movie,if its not american its nothing as if they don't have american movies that are messed up.
[/table]

Abeg, tell them o!!!! Go and watch 'Chronicles of Riddick' and see how the lead actress's performance was as wooden as my computer table!!! They just use special effects and so on to cover up their flaws but even at that some american movies are just blah!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Download American movies on laptop / Emmanuel Tv Changes Frequency / #BBNaija: Miracle Emerges As New Head Of House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.