Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? (88103 Views)

I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / My Man’s Dad Smacked My Bum / Riposte: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by ice234: 8:45am On Nov 08, 2014
You mean wrote?

raphy:
ya hubby have so many reasons for not given u one of d cars yet...so many ppl .hv wrote some reasons here ..maybe u r not yet good on wheels.so just be patient or u can work hard and buy ya own .or u be full tym house wife u better lose d chains .
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by kilokeys(m): 8:48am On Nov 08, 2014
cutemii:

A beauriful morng to my crush...enjoy ur wkend
shocked
as per south south boy too.. no dulling.. sending pm right away. grin

1 Like

Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by freecocoa(f): 8:56am On Nov 08, 2014
Callfubu:
if I had 20 cars, I sure as hell won't still give a bicycle talkmore of 1 of the cars. Even if I love her to pieces, she should be more concerned about getting the ring than a friggin car
What kind of reasoning is this one? Concerned about getting the ring, you say? So a lady is supposed to work to get the friggin ring? Y'all must think having mrs attached to one's name is a woman's sole purpose on earth.
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by freecocoa(f): 8:59am On Nov 08, 2014
justmag:
Worry about his heart not ya entitlement to his possession.
Isn't that what she's worried about? In as much as I don't have a sense of entitlement to anyone's property, I'd like to think that if I'm in a relationship with someone, we'll get to share stuffs.
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 08, 2014
goofyone:
i should believe almost all people from upper Volta speak at least a little French
a little yes!
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 08, 2014
goofyone:
you can change a flat tyre? How strong you really are! grin
im strong enough to change a flat tyre on a small car though grin
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by freecocoa(f): 9:03am On Nov 08, 2014
And y'all just shut da feck up with this independent woman talk, being an independent woman doesn't mean you don't get/give things to your significant other, rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2014
Mondisweets:
im strong enough to change a flat tyre on a small car though grin
I'm sure you mean to say, you are strong enough to bend and attempt to do it until a guy riding along is enchanted by your beauty and stops to quickly change the tyre for you. Then you just ride away without giving him your number. Wicked! grin
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by ATinaC(f): 9:07am On Nov 08, 2014
No matter how commited d relationship is, u r not yet his wife so he might not want to give u. Moreover, wen d car is faulty, will u be able to maintain it or will he be d one to do it?
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 08, 2014
Nairaland ladies, do not always take every word u see here as what is obtainable in the real world. some of the things that come out of some men's mouth is all wash. Na only for online people dey beat chest dey make noise. We have men who are financially able enough to buy their girlfriends cars, not even wife o, girlfriends. No be today men dey buy car for women. So please Op, if you wanna drive any of his cars you are free. But keep your expectations low so that you can focus on other things that matter. Dnt mind what the men say here o. All na wash!!! They beat chest here while they are mugu 1 to 10 for ladies out there in the real world.

2 Likes

Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by freecocoa(f): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Nairaland ladies, do not always take every word u see here as what is obtainable in the real world. some of the things that come out of some men's mouth is all wash. Na only for online people dey beat chest dey make noise. We have men who are financially able enough to buy their girlfriends cars, not even wife o, girlfriends. No be today men dey buy car for women. So please Op, if you wanna drive any of his cars you are free. But keep you expectations low so that you can focus on other things that matter. Dnt mind what the men say here o. All na wash!!! They beat chest here while they are mugu 1 to 10 for ladies out there in the real world.
Don't mind them and all these girls here yapping, don't know the first thing about a relationship, talking independence when we all know they beg for recharge cards.

So my man will have two cars and I can't use either? Why da feck is he my man? Duh! Na OP I even dey blame, sounds like she doesn't really know her place in the relationship.
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 08, 2014
goofyone:

I'm sure you mean to say, you are strong enough to bend and attempt to do it until a guy riding along is enchanted by your beauty and stops to quickly change the tyre for you. Then you just ride away without giving him your number. Wicked! grin
its not true o grin
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by pickabeau1: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2014
freecocoa:
Don't mind them and all these girls here yapping, don't know the first thing about a relationship, talking independence when we all know they beg for recharge cards.

So my man will have two cars and I can't use either? Why da feck is he my man? Duh! Na OP I even dey blame, sounds like she doesn't really know her place in the relationship.

Do you think you are entitled to stuff because you are dating a man

1 Like

Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by freecocoa(f): 9:26am On Nov 08, 2014
pickabeau1:

Do you think you are entitled to stuff because you are dating a man

I'm sure I've mentioned somewhere that I don't have a sense of entitlement but somethings are just too obvious.
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by fabulousdame(f): 9:32am On Nov 08, 2014
Most of the comments here are hypocritic. Typical nigerians.
Being independent has nothing to do with using ur partner's stuff or getting gifts from dem.
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 08, 2014
Tabh:

Being a lesbiann doesn't hurt anyone,it is just the choice of sexuality,Live and let live. When men open their mouths to insult girls,they are cool but when a girl does same to men,she is a lesbiann. So much more for double standards.
please ignore those guys, they are idiotss
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 08, 2014
freecocoa:

Which man will have two cars and won't allow his girlfriend to use any if she needs to? I hhave a cousin whose fiance has a jeep and she drives this jeep around. Except their relationship has a faulty foundation and the man doesnt really value her. Abeg leave all these people to brag up and down. Even some here that are married shamelessly buy their mistresses cars and furnish houses for them. Let them say that they are not financially bouyant to buy a car for their girlfriends then we will understand their bragging. The Op should just focus on things that matter abeg. I am sure her man wouldnt stop her from using the cars.
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by justmag(m): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2014
freecocoa:
Isn't that what she's worried about? In as much as I don't have a sense of entitlement to anyone's property, I'd like to think that if I'm in a relationship with someone, we'll get to share stuffs.

let's put this thread in perspective. The creator of this post said "he just bought a new car, isn't he SUPPOSED to give me one?"....dat sounds like she suggesting she is entitled to his belongs. At the end of the day, if he decides to give you the car or not thats his personal perogative and it shud not determine the degree of his love for u. I am personally used to a breed of giirls who hold their independence as their identity card and will never want to be misunderstood as someone who needs a man but wants a man. personally! I think u shud be asking if it's okay to use his car n if he says no for some good reason then move on.
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by mizkeleke(f): 9:46am On Nov 08, 2014
firstEVA:
He just bought another car, isn't he suppose to give me one, is it that he doesn't genuinely love me or he's just being selfish.
Plan to buy yours ........#TeamIndependent
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by pickabeau1: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2014
freecocoa:
I'm sure I've mentioned somewhere that I don't have a sense of entitlement but somethings are just too obvious.

Some things Like what

If u don't have any sense of entitlement why angle for his car or phone when you are also working
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by justmag(m): 9:59am On Nov 08, 2014
mizkeleke:

Plan to buy yours ........#TeamIndependent

Thank you!!! Good bless ya beautiful mind n ya family and may u never have to depend on any man in ya life. May God keep u independent. We need more independent women in this world. I am hustler out here trying to get mine. Last thing a man needs is a woman without a hustler or go getter mentality!
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Contumely: 10:03am On Nov 08, 2014
wristwatch:

Go thief the car nah giv OP. Gold digger!

@ Op, even ur english self will not allow him 2 giv u a car *TREK AROUND* eh eh nah TREK ROUNDABOUT. Anyway if he is ur bf, u have no right 2 tak his car. If he is ur husband den I can say he is but can't u be an independent woman?? Dat is y i lov my mum. She bought hersef 2 cars.
Hi, trek around is correct, okay?
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Callfubu(m): 10:11am On Nov 08, 2014
freecocoa:
What kind of reasoning is this one? Concerned about getting the ring, you say? So a lady is supposed to work to get the friggin ring? Y'all must think having mrs attached to one's name is a woman's sole purpose on earth.
In this particular case, the ring is metaphorical, meaning she should be more concerned with knowing if I love her to the extent of wanting to marry her or she is just fulfilling all righteousness in my life, what will she profit when I give her a car to up her status and eventually take the car back when ww break up. At that stage I'll just be a heartless man to her
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by freecocoa(f): 10:19am On Nov 08, 2014
justmag:

let's put this thread in perspective. The creator of this post said "he just bought a new car, isn't he SUPPOSED to give me one?"....dat sounds like she suggesting she is entitled to his belongs. At the end of the day, if he decides to give you the car or not thats his personal perogative and it shud not determine the degree of his love for u. I am personally used to a breed of giirls who hold their independence as their identity card and will never want to be misunderstood as someone who needs a man but wants a man. personally! I think u shud be asking if it's okay to use his car n if he says no for some good reason then move on.
Actually I guess she didn't mean it like that because somewhere along the line, she said she meant just using the car for the time being, so let's just say she didn't pass her message across well enough, still some men would not wait to be asked before they give you something they clearly see you need.

I'm the kind of girl who don't know how to ask(e must don red for me before I ask), now if I've been with a man for awhile and we've known somethings about each other, I expect he should be caring enough to see when I'm in need without me always having to ask(vise versa), I mean he is not a mind reader ofcourse but he should be able to get me to an extent, how do you care about someone if you are oblivious of what's happening with him/her?

2 Likes

Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Callfubu(m): 10:19am On Nov 08, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Which man will have two cars and won't allow his girlfriend to use any if she needs to? I hhave a cousin whose fiance has a jeep and she drives this jeep around. Except their relationship has a faulty foundation and the man doesnt really value her. Abeg leave all these people to brag up and down. Even some here that are married shamelessly buy their mistresses cars and furnish houses for them. Let them say that they are not financially bouyant to buy a car for their girlfriends then we will understand their bragging. The Op should just focus on things that matter abeg. I am sure her man wouldnt stop her from using the cars.
Just incase you didn't understand the OP well, she said and I quote "isn't he supposed to give me one?". She means her man should give her one of his cars as a gift of some sort not him letting her drive it when she needs to. I can let my girl drive mine when she needs to, but not give her a car until I marry her
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by freecocoa(f): 10:21am On Nov 08, 2014
pickabeau1:

Some things Like what

If u don't have any sense of entitlement why angle for his car or phone when you are also working

Some things like my needs that I can't meet at that time which he can, what do you mean angle for his phone/car? So I can't use my man's stuff or what exactly?
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by freecocoa(f): 10:24am On Nov 08, 2014
Callfubu:
In this particular case, the ring is metaphorical, meaning she should be more concerned with knowing if I love her to the extent of wanting to marry her or she is just fulfilling all righteousness in my life, what will she profit when I give her a car to up her status and eventually take the car back when ww break up. At that stage I'll just be a heartless man to her
Wow I don't know where to start with you, so you'd deceive a girl and worse collect back a gift after break up? Just wow! I gif up.
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Callfubu(m): 10:29am On Nov 08, 2014
A car in this context is a liability, if you as his girlfriend is also a liability i.e can't maintain the car, then what's the point? If you are asset on the other hand and can fuel and fix the car with your money when needed, good. But what's the point when you are not married to him and he didn't buy the car in your name, meaning after that much of your money on repairs would vanish if you guys decide to break up and he decides to take his property back
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 08, 2014
Callfubu:
Just incase you didn't understand the OP well, she said and I quote "isn't he supposed to give me one?". She means her man should give her one of his cars as a gift of some sort not him letting her drive it when she needs to. I can let my girl drive mine when she needs to, but not give her a car until I marry her

That was why i said she should keep her expectations low and feel free to drive the cars. That is if she can drive. With the way people are bragging like there is no tomorrow, who are the men buying their girlfriends cars? Ghosts? If a man is financially bouyant to do so, anything wrong with that? people are making mouth as if there is something wrong with that. How about married men buying cars for their mistresses? Mistresses that are wh0res!! Its only in naija mistresses are dignified more than wives with many men doing so many things for them that they cannot do for their wives. Kmt. Abeg buying car for girlfriend no be new thing. If a relationship has good foundation and a man can afford to buy his girl a car, he will buy it.

1 Like

Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by pickabeau1: 10:31am On Nov 08, 2014
freecocoa:
Some things like my needs that I can't meet at that time which he can, what do you mean angle for his phone/car? So I can't use my man's stuff or what exactly?

Why can't an independent lady get her own transportation

You can use it

You are not entitled to it
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by justmag(m): 10:36am On Nov 08, 2014
freecocoa:
Actually I guess she didn't mean it like that because somewhere along the line, she said she meant just using the car for mi casa es su casa

he time being, so let's just say she didn't pass her message across well enough, still some men would not wait to be asked before they give you something they clearly see you need.

I'm the kind of girl who don't know how to ask(e must don red for me before I ask), now if I've been with a man for awhile and we've known somethings about each other, I expect he should be caring enough to see when I'm in need without me always having to ask(vise versa), I mean he is not a mind reader ofcourse but he should be able to get me to an extent, how do you care about someone if you are oblivious of what's happening with him/her?

Now when you put it that way. U are absolutely right. If I have known u for a while and I understand ya habits and we basically both understand each other then "mi casa es su casa"
Re: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around, Isn't This Selfisness? by Callfubu(m): 10:40am On Nov 08, 2014
Sophyrocks:

That was why i said she should keep her expectations low and feel free to drive the cars. That is if she can drive. With the way people are bragging like there is no tomorrow, who are the men buying their girlfriends cars? Ghosts? If a man is financially bouyant to do so, anything wrong with that? people are making mouth as if there is something wrong with that. How about married men buying cars for their mistresses? Mistresses that are wh0res!! Its only in naija mistresses are dignified more than wives with many men doing so many things for them that they cannot do for their wives. Kmt. Abeg buying car for girlfriend no be new thing. If a relationship has good foundation and a man can afford to buy his girl a car, he will buy it.
true, if he is financially buoyant and wants to do it, ofcourse he can go ahead. Maybe I sounding like a broke nigga, but I know my hustle and I know that only a wifey deserves such gifts, buying a phone for my girl is cool, but a car is a little far-fetched for me #JustMy2cents

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (34) (Reply)

Queen Farcadi, Pregnant Ghanaian Prostitute That Makes N4 Million Monthly / Sex Dolls: The World Is In Trouble. / Kenyan Man Catches Wife Committing Adultery With His Employee, A Watchman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.