Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate - Fashion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate (44587 Views)

Latest Weaves In The Market And Prices / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 3:51am On Dec 01, 2008
okunoba:

Dear Oyinye,
we are meant to debate and make points that can trigger reason, no need to insult and abuse. We can disagree on issues that is normal but we don`t have to insult people because they have a different opinion. If one had a good solid point to make there will be no need for the abuse.
U mean to tell us that the majority of black people that don`t bleach their skin to be lighter and accept their natural skin color are insecure for doing so, they are trying to prove they are black by your reasoning. If we follow ur logic then we most all do artificial things to our physical being, like Micheal jackson, Pamela Anderson etc, to be considered a secured person. Insecurity stems from not being confortable with your being, so u try and change or disguise that part of u. But on the contrary, does that keep it real are confortable with their natural hair hence they see no reason to disguise or change it.
No one is imposing their opinion on others, we are all just debating and bringing our points across. If i think bleaching stems from effects of slavery and colonisation which makes us want to lookas close as possible§ like the slave/colonial master, does that make me a self hater, just because we thing natural hair is cooler than permed or fake hair doesn`t make one a self hater. How can u hate yourself when u are advocating being confortable with u. My blackness, my big lips, my long skinny legs, my kinky nappy hair all god given and I am happy and confortable with these physical being, that is what makes me. Again I repeat Lets be civil and refrain from abusive language.

It turns out that people without points insult others because they use tantrums and abuse to make their points sort of like some people with speech impendiments use their fists to make points. It's called the "if a caveman can do it" method.

Anyway your points are amazing, thank you!!
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by okunoba(m): 3:55am On Dec 01, 2008
maryray,
Tanning is natural, all u do is go in the sun and it`s done very occasionally by minority of whites, the ones that do it constantly usually through artificial means are seen to have a problem similar to being bulimic.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 3:56am On Dec 01, 2008
svannah you are guilty of insulting people in proving your own *point*

okunoba:

maryray,
Tanning is natural, all u do is go in the sun and it`s done very occasionally by minority of whites, the ones that do it constantly usually through artificial means are seen to have a problem similar to being bulimic.

Obviously you're not aware of the millions that tanning beds and places make.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 4:04am On Dec 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

svannah you are guilty of insulting people in proving your own *point*

So telling people about the truth of how perms with chemicals destroy your body (it has been proven, it has lye) and that weaves rip out hairlines and that wigs are just plain nasty is insuling. People that actually use insulting words are not insulting people. I have a point while some people rant and rave without facts.

Nigerians think that it is silly to talk about having colonial mentality or slavery mentality because they did not undergo slavery but some of us do whether we admit it or not.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 4:05am On Dec 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

Obviously you're not aware of the millions that tanning beds and places make.

So you admit that tanning is unnatural but perming and weave is not?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:08am On Dec 01, 2008
More like I'm "admitting" that more than "small amount" of white people deal with tanning booths/salons
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:10am On Dec 01, 2008
savanaha:

So telling people about the truth of how perms with chemicals destroy your body (it has been proven, it has lye) and that weaves rip out hairlines and that wigs are just plain nasty is insuling. P

Actually i was referring to your PERSONAL insults.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 4:20am On Dec 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

Actually i was referring to your PERSONAL insults.

Well sorry!! I didn't "insult" anyone that didn't initiate something and then got offended when they got a dose of their own medicine.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:30am On Dec 01, 2008
Got offended when I mentioned your typos despite the fact you were the one that started the whole "pointing out typos" business in this thread.

There's one.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by okunoba(m): 4:30am On Dec 01, 2008
Tanning is natural, if u go in the sun. When the weather is hot and sunny I go and enjoy it and I get darker from it but because I am already dark it doesn`t show like it does on a white person. White people that work out doors when it`s sunny and hot or live in hot climates naturally get tanned. I don`t have a figure on how many whites tan, all I know is that it`s still a very small percentage of the population that go to a tanning saloon.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:33am On Dec 01, 2008
okunoba:

Tanning is natural, if u go in the sun. When the weather is hot and sunny I go and enjoy it and I get darker from it but because I am already dark it doesn`t show like it does on a white person. White people that work out doors when it`s sunny and hot or live in hot climates naturally get tanned. I don`t have a figure on how many whites tan, all I know is that it`s still a very small percentage of the population that go to a tanning saloon.

Point still remains that if it were a "small %", tanning business wouldnt be making so much money

or have you forgotten that this country isnt just Summer 24/7?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by okunoba(m): 4:43am On Dec 01, 2008
Karmamode, nice hair style by the way.
If only 1% of the white population tan that means there is a demand. If u supply the demand, it follows that u should make money if the market is not already saturated.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by maryray(f): 4:49am On Dec 01, 2008
OK OKUNOBA MR EXCUSE GIVER!. . . . . . . I GUESS D LIP STICK N NAIL PAINT THAT WHITE guys ALSO USE MEANS THEY HATE THEIR NAILS N THINK THEY R UGLY, THATS WHY THEY HAVE TO ENHANCE THEIR APPEARANCE RIGHT by applying lipstick n other facials right?.

O SORRY I FORGOT THAT ONE IS NATURAL, ITS ONLY WHEN WE ENGAGE IN IT, THAT IT BECOMES unnatural!. . . . . .lmao

LOL THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS, I'M OUT EXCEPT I FIND A COMMENT WORTH RESPONDING 2. . . . . OR I'M BORED. UNTIL THEN, PEACE OUT!

GOOD LUCK REASONING TO lipsrsealed KARMA
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 5:04am On Dec 01, 2008
KarmaMod:

Got offended when I mentioned your typos despite the fact you were the one that started the whole "pointing out typos" business in this thread.

There's one.

Oh Lawdy here we go. I don't get offended by stuff like that. I thought it was funny. I think other people's typos are funny and so are mine. Its not a something that insults me if it were I would stop making fun of other people's typo so I would have a reason to defend mine. Now if me not getting offended for having a typo offended you or insulted you then am sorry!!
If you are insulted by the fact that weaves and perms are self hatred and bad, well then am not sorry
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 5:55am On Dec 01, 2008
savanaha:

If you are insulted by the fact that weaves and perms are self hatred and bad, well then am not sorry

Not insulted. Afterall, That's your business, not mine.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 6:07am On Dec 01, 2008
Self hate issues began with whitey. After a prolonged contact with them during slavery and colonization and now indirectly through global media, they have successfully deflected their self hate unto other so-called coloured groups; especially nubians. Their contagious self hate is further enhanced by their media and dominant ideological sector(i.e education, religion). That's also the reason why they go around the globe claiming superiority. What is superior does not have to be dramatic about it; superiority speaks for itself. The white devils know they are genetically recessive/inferior and the fear and envy that results from this overstanding compels them to be aggressive and seek domination. So now the after effect of their perpetual tyranny, that spans centuries, has left our people mentally ensalved. Our sistas can't stand their natural looks and they use whitey's self hate as a justification for theirs; as some posters have done. Our fake sistas look up to and copy their colonial masters; they admire everything massa does,

Whitey tan their skin out of self hate, they know their pale skin is a curse(even your bible calls it lepros, numbers 10:12), they know nature seeks to exterminate them and they use sun screen for protection. They know they are an anomaly. They are never, and have never been, comfortable in their own skin. They are known to starve themselves to stay thin, spend billions on plastic surgery, always wanted to be us and have stolen our history and legacy. This current global crisis of modernity is a direct product of their psychosis which has been trasmitted to all indegenes. Let them deal with their own problems while you handle your own business before your business handles you.

And like i have said several times now(but you self hating sistas never listen), Let us do what is objectively right and deal with our issues on our own without having to use what whitey does or does not do as a frame of reference. Stop copying everything whitey does, they are the source of most of our problems to begin with. I have come across so much white washed thinking through the course of this thread and it is very clear that my people are still in chains mentally; it's just sickening.

And to all you weave wearing perm loving fake chicken heads running around here playing tug of war with your tongues, i will have you know that this is not a game. This is serious business, so quit being a damn nuisance and go some place else with your self hating fake activities.

I won't rest until i destroy everything you fake sistas stand for.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 7:00am On Dec 01, 2008
Rofl My sympathy to the Igbos.

Pele Osisi cry
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 7:39am On Dec 01, 2008
fayahsoul:

And to all you weave wearing perm loving[b] fake chicken heads running around here playing tug of war with your tongues[/b], i will have you know that this is not a game. This is serious business, so quit being a damn nuisance and go some place else with your self hating fake activities.

I won't rest until i destroy everything you fake sistas stand for.

This had me rolling. So true, the way Africans wear weave one would think they were trying to be chicken heads.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by whatever90(f): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2008
with the way u r going savannah,i wouldnt be surprised if u end up wt a heart attack undecided
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2008
shocked I don missssssssssssssssssss!
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2008
grin Orishirishi. . . . grin Lordy Lordy meeeeeeeeee grin

. . . . . . still readinnnnnnnnnnn. . . . grin . . . .ehn . . . . . Interesting . . . . cheesy

. . . . . . . . .
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2008
whatever90:

with the way u r going savannah,i wouldnt be surprised if u end up wt a heart attack undecided
Have a heart attack when your the one destroying you body? No, I can try to help you see the way but you have to do the rest.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by whatever90(f): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2008
savanaha:

Have a heart attack when your the one destroying you body? No, I can try to help you see the way but you have to do the rest.

take it easy young savanaha?because i just  weaved my hair braids cool and believe me ur post wont stop me from changin it to the next reigning style in two weeks time cool

by d way i wouldnt be surprised if u r wearing a wig,no be internet? undecided anybody can just come here and claim good,whilst hiding behind d PC screen grin

abegiii make we hear word ojare,na ur type dey plait bob marley every week for hair smiley
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2008
whatever90:

take it easy young savanaha?because i just  weaved my hair braids cool and believe me ur post wont stop me from changin it to the next reigning style in two weeks time cool

by d way i wouldnt be surprised if u r wearing a wig,no be internet? undecided anybody can just come here and claim good,whilst hiding behind d PC screen grin

abegiii make we hear word ojare,na ur type dey plait bob marley every week for hair smiley

No wonder you seem so agitated. They did it to tight!!! Too bad!!!

So I am wearing a wig and also plaiting my hair bob marley style. O.K then, I'll wait till blood starts running back to your brain and scalp before taking what you say serious.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by whatever90(f): 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2008
savanaha:

No wonder you seem so agitated. They did it to tight!!! Too bad!!!

So I am wearing a wig and also plaiting my hair bob marley style. O.K then, I'll wait till blood starts running back to your brain and scalp before taking what you say serious.

young savanaha maybe u should come take a look at my hair,and help me arrange it properly,ur help is needed,since ur so jobless and wouldnt mind dying on this thread,why not come help aunty whatever90 wt her hair

and don't forget to apply oil on that dry wig u r wearing cool
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2008
Rofl.

Omo yen ni ishoro. Thread lo ma ku si
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2008
whatever90:

young savanaha maybe u should come take a look at my hair,and help me arrange it properly,ur help is needed,since ur so jobless [/b]and wouldnt mind dying on this thread,why not come help aunty whatever90 wt her hair

and don't forget to apply oil on that dry wig u r wearing cool

I don't use hair oil because that stuff actually prevents hair growth by clogging up the pores of the scalp but you wouldn't understand. As long as you come close to looking white you will do whatever it takes even if the result is opposite of what you want.

PS. I didn't know you were Nostradamus' kin called Nostra[b]dumbass
and here I thought you were Nigerian. Anyways Nostra[b]dumbass [/b] the gift of reading people over the internet was not given to you so stop thinking it was. Don't you worry about my supposed "joblessness." this is not the job thread.

I really feel horrible talking to someone who might be older than me like this but you can get whatever you like
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bettes(f): 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2008
@savanaha:i have noticed from your previous contributions on this thread that your contributions are not intelligent,i was particularly irritated at the shock you seemed to express at the fact that fayahsoul was chemist and when he said he grad of uni of toronto.What in the world is the big deal in being a chemist,or graduating from toronto.If you are easily that impressed,then you should be sucking up to every doctor,dentist,lawyer,engineer and grauates of ivy league unis on NL.
There is nothing absolutely wrong in having on weaves or perms,if you dont want to,good for you.But please dont lose any sleep over people that chose to,hence you give yourself high blood pressure over people that want to.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2008
bettes:

@ the shock you seemed to express at the fact that fayahsoul was chemist and when he said he grad of uni of toronto.What in the world is the big deal in being a chemist,or graduating from toronto.If you are easily that impressed,then you should be sucking up to every doctor,dentist,lawyer,engineer and grauates of ivy league unis on NL.

so I wasnt the only one surprised?

I'm a research chemist o, oya where's my adoration  tongue
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2008
savanaha:

PS. I didn't know you were Nostradamus' kin called Nostra[b]dumbass[/b] and here I thought you were Nigerian. Anyways Nostra[b]dumbass [/b] .[sub]

It turns out that people without points insult others because they use tantrums and abuse to make their points sort of like some people with speech impendiments use their fists to make points. It's called the "if a caveman can do it" method.

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bettes(f): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2008
tpia:

if not that i respect savanaha somewhat and am also considering the possibility she and fayahsoul are simply propping each other up here, i would have called her out on that University of Toronto chemist thing.

this is how people get belle after falling for slick talking tricks who vanish after spinning their tall tales.

university of toronto ko,university of froronto ni.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Photos: Am The Most Handsome And Decent Nairalander, Your Take / Cute Ankara Style / What Is Wrong With This Photo(pineapple Head Edition)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64