Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate - Fashion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate (44589 Views)

Latest Weaves In The Market And Prices / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bacterium(m): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2008
Black ladys is bald they need them weave and them wigs to not look like the sexy black brothers. They have same face only thing different is hair. They need it so PLEASE leave them ALONE!!!!!
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2008
bettes:

@savanaha:i have noticed from your previous contributions on this thread that your contributions are not intelligent[b],i was particularly irritated at the shock you seemed to express at the fact that fayahsoul was chemist and when he said he grad of uni of toronto.[/b]What in the world is the big deal in being a chemist,or graduating from toronto.If you are easily that impressed,then you should be sucking up to every doctor,dentist,lawyer,engineer and grauates of ivy league unis on NL.
There is nothing absolutely wrong in having on weaves or perms,if you don't want to,good for UBut please don't lose any sleep over people that chose to,hence you give yourself high blood pressure over people that want to.

So you don't interest me enough to look at your previous posts but from this one it is obvious how intelligent you are. Are you sure you weren't irritated by the fact that you didn't go to college or you didn't do the sciences? I am into the sciences, I was going to major in Biochemistry but found out I am much more into such research as malaria. That is why I was excited that he is into the sciences. I wasn't shocked, being shocked would mean I didn't think he could do it. oh by the way I am impressed at every doctor, dentist and engineers on Nairaland. And I am especially impressed by those that survived Ivy League schools if it hurts you that you didn't make it that far well then too bad. Now I see you think being happy at other people's achievements is sucking up well again I say TOO BAD!! Maybe if more people from our generation use the knowledge we got from Ivy league schools then we could help improve Nigeria. Believe me am working on it.

I realize your only achievement is getting weaves, wigs and perms. Its not my fault you blow your money on trivial things in life and get mad at those that maintain there focus. I sure am not losing any sleep but I think red eye for other people's accomplishments has been burning you to the point of blindness.

1 Like

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2008
bacterium:

Black ladys is bald they need them weave and them wigs to not look like the sexy black brothers. They have same face only thing different is hair. They need it so PLEASE leave them ALONE!!!!!

I realize your not that smart but please stop looking for attention. Atleast before you try to type crap change previous posts. Didn't you say you like black women cause their hair are curly now they are bald. You are funny, one of the humors of life.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2008
tpia:

if not that i respect savanaha somewhat and am also considering the possibility she and fayahsoul are simply propping each other up here, i would have called her out on that University of Toronto chemist thing.

this is how people get belle after falling for slick talking tricks who vanish after spinning their tall tales.

university of toronto ko,university of froronto ni.

If not that I have respect for you ability to attack someone without making it obvious I would say you were a hater like the other Nairalanders who get on people for doing better in life. Must all Nigerians be advocates of the People holding others Down (PhD)mentality? Would you rather him live on the Romance section talking about fake sexual conquest and disvirgining someone.

Atleast if it is as most haters would like to believe it is tall tales its not tall tales about dumb stuff. The levels people go to change the subject about how they hate themselves. There is an Igbo (wah wah) song on youtube called "ndi akwa siri ike n'ukwu." I think the bahavior on here is exactly what he is talking about.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2008
Africans take this wig and weave wearing thing to a whole nother disgusting level. This lady came to my house with those trifling curly weaves that is the signiture of Nigerians and the thing was turned to the side and looked like a dirty matt and worst of all her 10yr old daughter had an identical one. So disgusting and the child has beautiful natural hair that I have helped braid. So why the nasty wig? I don't know, but it sure aint for beauty. Africans think that a special outing means wearing a wig even they have hair.

1 Like

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bettes(f): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2008
savanaha:

So you don't interest me enough to look at your previous posts but from this one it is obvious how intelligent you are. Are you sure you weren't irritated by the fact that you didn't go to college or you didn't do the sciences? I am into the sciences, I was going to major in Biochemistry but found out I am much more into such research as malaria. That is why I was excited that he is into the sciences. I wasn't shocked, being shocked would mean I didn't think he could do it. oh by the way I am impressed at every doctor, dentist and engineers on Nairaland. And I am especially impressed by those that survived Ivy League schools if it hurts you that you didn't make it that far well then too bad. Now I see you think being happy at other people's achievements is sucking up well again I say TOO BAD!! Maybe if more people from our generation use the knowledge we got from Ivy league schools then we could help improve Nigeria. Believe me am working on it.

I realize your only achievement is getting weaves, wigs and perms. Its not my fault you blow your money on trivial things in life and get mad at those that maintain there focus. I sure am not losing any sleep but I think red eye for other people's accomplishments has been burning you to the point of blindness.
[color=#990000][/color]

Please spare us the explanations,what is the big deal in being a chemist i ask again,i read your post and was amazed at your follow follow attitude,there's no arguement in your past thread that makes any sense.
So start sucking up to KarmaMod she's also a research chemist,
Now i can understand so your beef with women that have weaves and perms on is because you feel they 'blow their money on trivial things in life'(bad belle). if you cant afford it there's no need to beef those who can.

Isnt it an irony that your boyfriend Fayahsoul could boast that he attended the canadian equivalent of harvard,a university founded by the 'colonial masters'.What great hyprocrites you both are.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by whatever90(f): 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2008
savanaha:

I don't use hair oil because that stuff actually prevents hair growth by clogging up the pores of the scalp but you wouldn't understand. As long as you come close to looking white you will do whatever it takes even if the result is opposite of what you want.

PS. I didn't know you were Nostradamus' kin called Nostra[b]dumbass[/b] and here I thought you were Nigerian. Anyways Nostra[b]dumbass [/b] the gift of reading people over the internet was not given to you so stop thinking it was. Don't you worry about my supposed "joblessness." this is not the job thread.

I really feel horrible talking to someone who might be older than me like this but you can get whatever you like

older?hahahaha don't be surprised dear,u may never know,u might be a grand mum to me wink

Bravo *claps for young savanaha* good job girl,good job,now d news-paper will consider ur article wink

like i said,i can also beg d girl that made my hair to make urs for u too,but cheaper than mine?u know i want to help a sister in need cool

that wig of urs is so old,that i feel sad weneva i see u wearing it sad  sad but as a good samaritan,i'll help u wash ur hair and perm it first of all,so that the terrible odour will vamoose,then i will take u to d girl that makes my hair(after a week sha) I'm sure u will like d bob marley she'll make for u grin

now who said whatever90 is not a caring friend,see me taking care of a young savanaha as if she's my own sister cool
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 11:22pm On Dec 01, 2008
@ Savanaha(The Goddess)

Please give no mind to the ramblings of these self hating sistas. They know that we speak truth to life, and to them, it feels like a thousand needles is being pierced right through their souls; it's like a rude awakening on their part. This agony of reality and defeat is exacerbated by the fact that a female who may be younger, but definitely wiser, than they are is part of my alliance. They overstand that when they give the “your not a woman therefore you won’t overstand” BS argument, your counter argument is always more convincing than that of either I or Okunoba’s own due to the fact that it’s coming from a female. They are furious about the irrefutability of our argument and that’s why they are now attempting to use the divide and conquer strategy, which they have learnt from their colonial massa’s, to derail your support and loyalty.

But guess what my dear chicken heads, we are way ahead of your game; nice try. Don’t waste your time. Savanaha is way stronger and wiser than all of you jealous self hating sistas combined. While these jealous self hating sistas are stuck on stupid and say savanaha is not intelligent, well i have to say you chicken heads are right about that; she is not intelligent but rather she is WISE. There is a clear and distinct difference between wisdom and intelligence. Anybody can be intelligent, and intelligence comes in many forms. Educated people are intelligent but at the same time there are a lot of educated fools or educated illitrates. Wisdom on the other hand is a divine gift, it's inborn, it's a blessing. One need not be institutionalized to build it. It is matured and practical intelligence; it is something that is alien to you self hating sistas.

My total respect and admiration goes out to every natural strong sista out there, I overstand the difficulties involved in your struggle to be real and true and how both the enemy and your fellow ‘sistas’(and brothers too) taunt the likes of you for staying true to yourself. You all are truly an endangered species that need protection. Your struggles epitomize the paradox we call reality were keeping it real will make you a casualty of abnormal normality. You natural sistas are true examples of what being a strong black woman entails; these self hating sistas envy your tenacity and strength.

Savanaha you are an old soul, you overstand the intricacies of the matrix we live in. You are a role model to our younger and up coming breed of warrior goddesses on the rise. I am very proud of you. Keep doing what you’re doing, the divine and all real brothas are, and will always, be with you. Bless.

HOTEP.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2008
bettes:

[color=#990000][/color]

Isnt it an irony that your boyfriend Fayahsoul could boast that he attended the canadian equivalent of harvard,a university founded by the 'colonial masters'.What great hyprocrites you both are.

The heat from these dryers are indeed making you self hating chicken heads loose brain cells and this has left you all stuck on stupid. i don't wear my degree on my sleeves nor is it something that i am proud of. I only mentioned it because some lost negroe on some previous post was trying to insult my intelligence(or so he taught) by assuming my lack of familiarity with the sciences. That negro thinks western science is the final frontier. So if my background in science will make my argument more convincing to that negro, and the likes of him, i had to let that idiot know that i have been through whiteys schools and my experiences over there has made me realize that the cracker does not know what the heck they are doing in their labs and research. Garbage in garbage out. A lot of educated fools walk the aisles of the academia. Their false sciences and technology has caused more harm than good.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by okunoba(m): 12:02am On Dec 02, 2008
from savanaha,
"Now I see you think being happy at other people's achievements is sucking up well again I say TOO BAD!! Maybe if more people from our generation use the knowledge we got from Ivy league schools then we could help improve Nigeria. Believe me am working on it"

I like your thinking, Nigeria needs more people like u, the black race need progressive thinkers. May u achieve ur dream.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 12:14am On Dec 02, 2008
Oh my gosh I just heard the best news of my life to day. I am so excited, I need to stop scream. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 12:39am On Dec 02, 2008
fayahsoul:

@ Savanaha(The Goddess)

Please give no mind to the ramblings of these self hating sistas. They know that we speak truth to life, and to them, it feels like a thousand needles is being pierced right through their souls; it's like a rude awakening on their part. This agony of reality and defeat is exacerbated by the fact that a female who may be younger, but definitely wiser, than they are is part of my alliance. They overstand that when they give the “your not a woman therefore you won’t overstand” BS argument, your counter argument is always more convincing than that of either I or Okunoba’s own due to the fact that it’s coming from a female. They are furious about the irrefutability of our argument and that’s why they are now attempting to use the divide and conquer strategy, which they have learnt from their colonial massa’s, to derail your support and loyalty.

But guess what my dear chicken heads, we are way ahead of your game; nice try. Don’t waste your time.

HOTEP.

Thank you very much.

The chicken head comment always cracks me up. Chicken head for real!!!

okunoba:

I like your thinking, Nigeria needs more people like u, the black race need progressive thinkers. May u achieve ur dream.

Thank you. There are more like us out there.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bettes(f): 12:59am On Dec 02, 2008
fayahsoul:

The heat from these dryers are indeed making you self hating chicken heads loose brain cells and this has left you all stuck on stupid. i don't wear my degree on my sleeves nor is it something that i am proud of. I only mentioned it because some lost negroe on some previous post was trying to insult my intelligence(or so he taught) by assuming my lack of familiarity with the sciences. That negro thinks western science is the final frontier. So if my background in science will make my argument more convincing to that negro, and the likes of him, i had to let that idiot know that i have been through whiteys schools and my experiences over there has made me realize that the cracker does not know what the heck they are doing in their labs and research. Garbage in garbage out. A lot of educated fools walk the aisles of the academia. Their false sciences and technology has caused more harm than good.
[color=#990000][/color]

I think the stench from your body is beginning to also affecting your thinking,or could it be the stench from your unwashed dreadlocks that's beginning to drive you mad?With all these nubian and negroe talk,i was beginning to believe you were actually insane and believed all this crap you posted here,until i heard you boasting that you graduated fom the (in your own words)"The equivalence of Harvard" so please save the hyprocrisy for your newest convert.I could almost see you beaming with pride.If you feel so strongly against the. so to speak,Colonial masters.Why didnt you simply go to a university in your villa.
A
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 3:09am On Dec 02, 2008
The same person making some dumb speech on how only cavemen insult people blah blah, yet she's cheering some loser who goes aropund calling women "chicken heads" Then again it shows how young she is hence finding "chickenhead" "soooooo hilarious"

Arent these so called "natural nubian brothers" supposed to have respect for women ESPECIALLY black women? Whether they wear weaves or not? Did you mother raise you to be bashing women like this cos of how they wear their hair? Omo Ale. Adodi oshi.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 3:10am On Dec 02, 2008
bettes:

[color=#990000][/color]
.Why didnt you simply go to a university in your villa.

Are you minding the bloody hypocrite? Were Oshodi
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by whatever90(f): 3:31am On Dec 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

The same person making some dumb speech on how only cavemen insult people blah blah, yet she's cheering some loser who goes around calling women "chicken heads" Then again it shows how young she is hence finding "chickenhead" "sooooo
grin grin grin grin grin grin

young?na,u see young savanaha is not young,shes just immature,see d craps she posted here when she quoted me,common karma u think smone whos mature wt brains will post all that shit undecided

d girl is an old immatured youngie cool

savanaha:

Oh my gosh I just heard the best news of my life to day. I am so excited, I need to stop scream. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

u see,shes so childishly happy that she forgot to add "ing " to the scream
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 4:18am On Dec 02, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 5:14am On Dec 02, 2008
bettes:

[color=#990000][/color]

I think the stench from your body is beginning to also affecting your thinking,or could it be the stench from your unwashed dreadlocks that's beginning to drive you mad?

Buhahaha, is that the best your pea brain could come up with. How lame.

With all these nubian and negroe talk,i was beginning to believe you were actually insane and believed all this crap you posted here,until i heard you boasting that you graduated fom the (in your own words)"The equivalence of Harvard" so please save the hyprocrisy for your newest convert.I could almost see you beaming with pride.If you feel so strongly against the. so to speak,Colonial masters.

Nostradumbass. grin
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 5:29am On Dec 02, 2008
A message to the brothas;

I ask that you share the light of truth with every woman in your lives(mom, sista, wife, fiancé, girlfriend e.t.c). We need to and must desist from playing the role of enabler. We need to call our women to order because they are destroying themselves; hence, the black nation. Remember if you teach a woman you teach a nation. We know too well that all that glitters is not gold yet we keeping chasing after these fake self hating sistas with fake hair/skin tone/nails/eyebrow/eyelashes/attitude and so on, as if we don’t overstand that it’s a mere illusion of beauty. This psychological malady is so great and deep that we prefer this fakeness to their real true natural beauty. I need to guide them towards self love.

My brothas what the hell is going on here? Some of us feel fake hair and skintone is better because it is closer to what we think is the image of “God”; white with straight hair. But this is also a falsehood given that Jesus the supposed son of God was described as having wooly hair (nappy hair) and skin like brass (black)-Rev 1:13-16. There is really no excuse for this stupidity on our part.

The black nation hates themselves because our black women hate themselves. Children pick up self hating practices from their mom’s first and then this is re-enforced by other agents of socialization (i.e. peers, media).

My brothas wise up and do what is required of you. Females passively exert a selective pressure on male social behaviour. Great men and nations fall when their women become deviant and self destructive (see adam, solomon and Samson as biblical examples).
Check these videos to see how illusory fakeness can be.

Fayahsoul has spoken.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Clr8o08LIjk&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zHJQ3nBUpGI&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VlwrDtq_RhM&feature=related
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 5:47am On Dec 02, 2008
jews have "wooly" hair
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by maryray(f): 6:07am On Dec 02, 2008
[b]@ FAYO, THIS IS D ONLY POINT U HAVE MADE SO FAR THAT IS ACTUALLY TRUE. SO GOTTA AGREE WITH U SIS.

Self hate issues began with whitey. After a prolonged contact with them during slavery and colonization and now indirectly through global media, they have successfully deflected their self hate unto other so-called coloured groups; especially nubians. Their contagious self hate is further enhanced by their media and dominant ideological sector(i.e education, religion). That's also the reason why they go around the globe claiming superiority. What is superior does not have to be dramatic about it; superiority speaks for itself. The white devils know they are genetically recessive/inferior and the fear and envy that results from this overstanding compels them to be aggressive and seek domination. So now the after effect of their perpetual tyranny, that spans centuries, has left our people mentally ensalved. Our sistas can't stand their natural looks and they use whitey's self hate as a justification for theirs; as some posters have done. Our fake sistas look up to and copy their colonial masters; they admire everything massa does,

Whitey tan their skin out of self hate, they know their pale skin is a curse(even your bible calls it lepros, numbers 10:12), they know nature seeks to exterminate them and they use sun screen for protection. They know they are an anomaly. They are never, and have never been, comfortable in their own skin. They are known to starve themselves to stay thin, spend billions on plastic surgery, always wanted to be us and have stolen our history and legacy. This current global crisis of modernity is a direct product of their psychosis which has been trasmitted to all indegenes. Let them deal with their own problems while you handle your own business before your business handles you.
[/b]

BUT I STILL THINK YA R WRONG REGARDING D HAIR ISSUE. . . . . . . . .OK MAKE THAT SOMEWHAT WRONG!
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

The same person making some dumb speech on how only cavemen insult people blah blah, yet she's cheering some loser who goes aropund calling women "chicken heads" Then again it shows how young she is hence finding "chickenhead" "soooooo hilarious"

Arent these so called "natural nubian brothers" supposed to have respect for women ESPECIALLY black women? Whether they wear weaves or not? Did you mother raise you to be bashing women like this because of how they wear their hair? Omo Ale. Adodi oshi.

A duck is a duck and a chicken head a chicken head. Respect is earned!!!!

respect can only extend to those that respect themselves. Can't take a joke or an insult don't dish it out and then get offended when it is returned to you. This specific topic was not forced on to you. There are certain people that have not entered into it. If you are spineless and have to conform to looking as white as possible, don't try to stop those preaching against self destructive conformity.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2008
tpia:

seriously, i think its beneath you to get all bent out of shape over something as simple as whether people can wear wigs, perms or wigs IF THEY LIKE.

As long as someone isnt forcing you personally to change your hair from its natural state, then i wonder what you're getting so excited about. Do you have a business selling hot combs and nubian twists or something.

That is exactly it!! I am not getting bent out of shape. The people that are being offended by the call to stop being self destructive are the ones being bent out of shape. No need to get angry when some one tells you something deep down inside you know its true and then start insulting people. Even worse don't insult and then become angry if the insult is returned.

I don't sell hot combs, it damages hair . . . anyways, as I have said before this specific topic was not forced into anyone, people choose to reply and some only reply with insults but then get flabbergasted that their insults are returned to them. Frankly I think its funny how those that are first to insult cry the loudest when they get a dose of their own medicine.

PS I don't have time to ask people about you or anything. I don't usually go around responded or following other people's ID on Nairaland. If I agree with someone on something today doesn't mean that I assign to every opinion. I noticed that some people on Nairaland follow each other to threads just to support each other. Maybe the individualism is lost because this is a faceless or maybe its the typical flocking around of girls. At any rate this is the internet and I neither have time for e-grudge nor to curb my opinion for anyone.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2008
whatever90:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

young?na,u see young savanaha is not young,shes just immature,see d craps she posted here when she quoted me,common karma u think smone whos mature wt brains will post all that shit undecided

d girl is an old immatured youngie cool

u see,shes so childishly happy that she forgot to add "ing " to the scream

First you call me young, then you say am older than you then you call me immature, then again a girl and then again immature. Is being fickle your only way to fit in or is your weave wig on too tight again? Anyways I realize I hurt your feeling and I would be sorry but I find it too funny to apologize yet. Hahaha!! I am childishly happy, natural and innocent. You on the other hand are holding an e-grudge with someone who could careless. Maybe if you took those unnatural products out you would be happy enough with yourself to find the everyday joy, no you rather be a cantankerous "chicken head"!!! Too funny.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by iamkate(f): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2008
Wigs is good it is help us to look fine. There is notthing bad about it. If you don't like then don't wear. If you are man ask your woman not to wear. She will be looking like bush jungle girl. Rubbish
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2008
That is exactly it!! I am not getting bent out of shape

Actually you are hence the exclamation marks like someone on the verge of an aneurysm. Which is why you think it's funny to be calling fellow females "chicken heads" because of how they do their hair

do you even know what the word means?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

Actually you are hence the exclamation marks like someone on the verge of an aneurysm. Which is why you think it's funny to be calling fellow females "chicken heads" because of how they do their hair

do you even know what the word means?
So I am on the verg of an aneurysm but then I am finding things funny. Do you know what an aneurysm is? A kid died at my college freshman year of an aneurysm and no one was laughing. You might find dark humor funny but I don't plus I doubt if I was about to have an aneurysm i would be laughing.
Oh, so the "chicken head" comment is still affecting you. Honestly if you stop acting like a "chicken head" I promise to stop thinking of you as a "chicken head". I was so impressed by the fact that you are into chemistry, that's great!! But then your "chicken head" behavior makes me wonder how far into chemistry you got. But then again the chemicals from the perm is probably not making you think right, away with perms, away with trying so hard to fit into the white outlook of beauty.

People like you should be the ones helping people understand the dangers of the chemicals in lye but instead your using it in your hair and claiming its beauty.

In 2006 a 17 yr old girl redid the Kenneth Clarke doll experiment and 4-5 yr old black girls were still picking white dolls and calling it pretty. Now if 4-5 yr old children are saying that and adult women are secretly thinking it too then how do we break away. No, everyone wants to fume and fuss that all the crap they torment themselves with is to look pretty and not white. Yeah right, I laugh at you'll for the amazing self denial.

1 Like

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2008
iamkate:

Wigs is good it is help us to look fine. There is notthing bad about it. If you don't like then don't wear. If you are man ask your woman not to wear. She will be looking like bush jungle girl. Rubbish

Why can't we look fine without wigs? What is it about black women that is so repulsing that unless we put on a tupe on our heads we will not be beautiful?Furthermore what makes it that we only live for beauty, well other peoples ideals of beauty and nothing else?

I really don't understand and that why am asking.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 9:37pm On Dec 02, 2008
but I don't plus I doubt if I was about to have an aneurysm i would be laughing.

Actually a person can laugh to death.

and I didnt ask for your unnecessary gibberish story. My question is simple, do you know what chickenhead means?

I'm not bothered by it as fayasoul is talking about his family not me or anyone else. I just have a feeling that you don't know what you're laughing at. One min you're running your m,outh about how only cave people insult others blah blah yet you're laughing at some dude who's doing even worse. Even you sef with your juvenile "Nostradumbass" nonsense

I can tell by your rationale that you're young but still you can't tell me you're TOO young to realize that your blatant hypocrisy.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

Actually a person can laugh to death.

and I didnt ask for your unnecessary gibberish story. My question is simple, do you know what chickenhead means?

I'm not bothered by it as fayasoul is talking about his family not me or anyone else. I just have a feeling that you don't know what you're laughing at. One min you're running your m,outh about how only cave people insult others blah blah [/b]yet you're laughing at some dude who's doing even worse. Even you sef with your [b]juvenile "Nostradumbass" nonsense

I can tell by your rationale that you're young but still you can't tell me you're TOO young to realize that your blatant hypocrisy.

No one laughs to death from an anuerysm!!

See again your acting very how do you say "chicken headish." I know what and who a chicken head is and behaves like. Anyways call me juvenile until you take off the weave your wearing but I still find it funny that you get so easily offended for some one quick to insult. You curse people out in Yoruba but then get mad when they call you "chicken head." Well you probably should not start a fight you don't want to be a part off. Stop the unnatural things you do to your body and you will stop being so angry and quick to act without thinking.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tiickl3mii(f): 12:27am On Dec 03, 2008
i don't think that getting a perm/relaxer symbolizes self hate. many people have been getting this done to their hair for years so they're used to the ease of styling straight hair. many look at having natural hair a big commitment so that's why they choose to stay relaxed. i have a relaxer [well not really, I'm trying to grow it out. I haven't had a relaxer in 9 months simply because I'm tired of straight hair, so I'm going natural] and i love myself and my natural texture.

wearing wigs and weaves definately does NOT symbolize self hate. even natural women wear wigs and weaves. in fact wearing weaves and wigs can help your hair grow because it allows you to leave your hair alone as to not manipulate it. less manipulation means less breakage and less breakage means healthier hair  smiley

ps: how does moisture mess up your hair or "symbolize self hate"?? I'm sorry, but you clearly do not know what you are talking about. Black hair is dry, so in order to thrive it needs moisture

check out these websites:

www.growafrohairlong.com
www.longhaircareforum.com
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/
http://forum.blackhairplanet.com/
http://diasporahaircare.invisionzone.com/
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by whatever90(f): 12:59am On Dec 03, 2008
someone should come help me brush my wig cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Photos: Am The Most Handsome And Decent Nairalander, Your Take / Cute Ankara Style / What Is Wrong With This Photo(pineapple Head Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.