Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. (63457 Views)

After Dating Her For Some Months, Never Knew She Was A SINGLE MOTHER. / An Unbelievable Experience With A Female Banker / The Dilemma Of Foxybone ( She's Pregnant ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by DjAndroid: 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
slydog:
Am a Banker, trust me, I won't marry a female banker,

Please tell us what informed your decision
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by SIRJENTLE: 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
THET THING YOU SHOULD INDERSTAND IS THAT MARRIAGE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICE.
that she is a cleaner does not mean that one won't marry her.
some people choose cleaning jobs just to keep themselves busy instead of staying at home.
some of these cleaners are educated,it is just that they are not fortunate as you are.
LET ME ASK YOU: A FEMALE BANKER WITH A QUESTIONABLE CHARACTER AND A FEMALE CLEANER WITH A GOOD CHARACTER,WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE AS A WIFE?
of a truth, MEN PREFARE MARRYING WHO THEY LIKE,LOVE,AND WHO WILL NOT UNDERATE THEM.

ITS ONLY FEW FEMALE BANKERS THAT ARE HUMBLE AND RESPECTFUL( outside the banking premises)

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Chigold101(m): 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kimmo:

*sigh* Look, men and women have certain standards. The kind of man who would willingly choose a cleaner, thinks of himself as being happy with her choice of work/person. There are certain jobs people choose because of a lack of choice. The average university graduate in Nigeria would go for teaching rather than cleaning, for instance.
There's no way to equate a cleaner with a banker, unless the person cleans Jonathan's room in Aso rock or runs a professional cleaning outfit.
wow... I will tell you this, marriage is more spirtual than physical. Those who married cos of class hardly enjoy their marriage, most of them just put up with their spouse...
But it is a pity my young woman. It is girls and ladies that think like you that ends up going for special prayers & deliverance when they become old spinsters. Please re arange ur orientation about life long journey without a destination called mrriage.
Finaly my young lady... It is the duty of any wise man to make his wife who he wants her to be. If one marries a girl that hawks, that man if financially okay can turn that girl into a Phd holder from any of the best universities in this world.
Always remember this: we measure the past with the present but you cant and must not judge the future with the present... Igbos said...‘‘echi di ime (the future is pregnant).‘‘

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by slydog(m): 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
DjAndroid:

Please tell us what informed your decision

I have married senior colleagues female with little kids at home who by 5pm their jobs is just starting, and they are very happy leaving office by 8-9pm getting home late. You bet, they are also the first to resume at the office the following day. I often if they quarrel with their husbands, what of their little kids? They certainly don't make for good mothers.

Dressing is another issue esp for marketers, they are ready to do almost anything to get the money.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by dellaziz(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
Tonylyte:

Na true joor...and na them no fine pass. Na so one dey eye me **in psquares voice** for one bank wey dey adjacent to emeka offor plaza for main mkt...i no go call the bank name sha. Hehehehe, i dey do yanga for am like presido pikin...if i go bank i no dey gree follow queue for her side.
Vote naijaboiy the proud son of the soil(naija) for mr nairaland.

TONY TONERO
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by dellaziz(m): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
Tonylyte:

Na true joor...and na them no fine pass. Na so one dey eye me **in psquares voice** for one bank wey dey adjacent to emeka offor plaza for main mkt...i no go call the bank name sha. Hehehehe, i dey do yanga for am like presido pikin...if i go bank i no dey gree follow queue for her side.
Vote naijaboiy the proud son of the soil(naija) for mr nairaland.

TONY TONERO. ..
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
Odilafta:
I'm sure she didn't tell you of the humble,hardworking bricklayer she has been turning down,simply because she's a banker...

No apologies
I just like saying it the way it is.

cool
Nonsense and ingredient
cool
Odilafta:
Tell her to stop carrying her shoulder higher than her head.

She should stop envying those cleaners(,they all have same to.to,just a difference in sizes lipsrsealed) rather she should learn humility from them.

Is she also a spiritualist Abi how sure is she that the money those male customers come to withdraw is theirs

Like they say,"the ugly girls are getting married every saturday while the beautiful ones are busy,buying the aso-ebi" grin
I'm sure she didn't tell you of the humble,hardworking bricklayer she has been turning down,simply because she's a banker...

No apologies
I just like saying it the way it is.

cool
Nonsense and ingredient
*claps* well said cool
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by oluite(f): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
A profession doesn't necessarily define a person.One could be a cleaner with a nasty attitude,one could be banker with a nasty attitude as well. You could also find a well behaved banker or cleaner.You have the good,bad,ugly all sorts of individuals. They are people inspite of their profession.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
AmNotDrunk:

Nice list bro. clocks is good but I don't know why I don't like yellow that much. Pls try "Fix you" you might change ur no1 if you do haha.
thats cool!! just try and listen to yellow again you might love it. and also japanes love.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by simdam500(m): 10:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
op it not bad if u walk her to the altar
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by mediachirps(m): 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
humilitypays:
What majority of serious guys seek for in a lady they want to settle down with are: humility, availability and simplicity, not status or career, and unfortunately, many female bankers and some working class ladies lack those qualities cos ladies get easily carried away by little career achievementsmiley

Men who are ready to marry and have a stable source of income don't care what a lady does for a living...all they want is the things I mentioned above, ladies take notesmiley
Nice. Are you married yet?
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by austine4real(m): 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kimmo:

*sigh* Look, men and women have certain standards. The kind of man who would willingly choose a cleaner, thinks of himself as being happy with her choice of work/person. There are certain jobs people choose because of a lack of choice. The average university graduate in Nigeria would go for teaching rather than cleaning, for instance.
There's no way to equate a cleaner with a banker, unless the person cleans Jonathan's room in Aso rock or runs a professional cleaning outfit.
hmmm u make 95% sense
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by segunan: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kimmo:
Bloody unfair. But I don't suppose they'll be interested in the type of men who would go after a cleaner. I don't mean that as an insult, to either profession, but these are two different kinds of women.
is the cleaner not a human being and trust me I have had experience with a banker who did not know I was a Medical doctor in Canada she misbehaved and when she found out she was trying to make amend which was too late. Some of them are rude and so full of themselves.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by NobleG1(m): 11:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
solomonslones:

You don't have to insult someone to make a point!!

have you ever stepped into a dirty banking hall, with sand & paper all over the place?

If No, do you mean to tell me that with all the influx of customers, that it is the cleaning that was done before business hours that sustains that clean look?

Cleaners are seen in banking halls either cleaning, they sometimes run errands for the cashiers & co

Yes I have seen female security guards

Ok. My bad.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by NobleG1(m): 11:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
owk.... Understood.....wen i said arrange ur brain, twas just a joke..... Sorry if u felt offended by that statement

It's ok. No hard feelings.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Toks2008(m): 11:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kimmo:
Bloody unfair. But I don't suppose they'll be interested in the type of men who would go after a cleaner. I don't mean that as an insult, to either profession, but these are two different kinds of women.

Story for the gods.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Toks2008(m): 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
segunan:
is the cleaner not a human being and trust me I have had experience with a banker who did not know I was a Medical doctor in Canada she misbehaved and when she found out she was trying to make amend which was too late. Some of them are rude and so full of themselves.

Very true bro. Most of them can be so SUBCONCIOUSLY arrogant while only few are calm and humble.

Lady bankers are generally percieved to be too busy to make a good wife. Also many guys see them as corporate "prostitutes" and even if this is not true,many just believe they are.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by plaetton: 1:03am On Nov 14, 2014
Banking and cleaning are both jobs, even though one pays better than the other.

There is nothing special about being banker because no special set of skills are really needed for the job.
Banking seems like an honourable profession because in Nigeria it seems to be the only game in town for career women.

Most men have the perception, wright or wrong, that single female bankers earn their positions and promotions through the back door(if you get my gist). This is quite unfair because female bankers in Nigeria tend to be the most sexually harrased in the workplace by their superiors and highend customers.

So, the society unfairly looks upon them with great suspicion.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 14, 2014
Kimmo:

I do not mean to be all up in your business,
But I feel you just insulted thousands, (no maybe more than that) who are cleaners...
I do not understand, is anything wrong with them?

Your post..........hmmmm
Every woman deserves to be fallen for
You make it seem they are somehow undeserving of love just because they are in "lowly" jobs
Kinda uncool sha
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Seekeroftruth: 3:27am On Nov 14, 2014
She should contact me, and i wil refer her to a First bank staff, and she will mentor her.
mehn, i fell for this married beautiful young woman.
First bank staffs r usualy rude, because of d over populated customer base and my school wasnt an exception.
But after my encounter with d woman, i started doing my transactions there, and only with her. If she no dey, i go comot go GTB,
I told my friends, about d woman and Virtualy all of them knew her, and was Praising her. Some say they wuld have loved to marry her. She is a rare specie.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by armadeo(m): 6:18am On Nov 14, 2014
mikolo80:
you greet somebody and she refuses to acknowledge you cos you dont drive a range or wear a rolex,thats being a snub and human beings never forget a snub. treat ppl with respect and dignity and reap the rewards
behave like a jackass and live with the consequences

I agree that three are snubs both male and female. But you also have to agree that minding ones business could also be interpreted as snobbery.

I can assure you that many guys here calling the bank girls snubs have never had a conversation with them ( admire from far) or had bleeped up one liners to jump start a conversation.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 14, 2014
NobleG1:

It's ok. No hard feelings.
Nice.... Thanks mhen....
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Kimmo(f): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2014
milychocs:

I do not mean to be all up in your business,
But I feel you just insulted thousands, (no maybe more than that) who are cleaners...
I do not understand, is anything wrong with them?

Your post..........hmmmm
Every woman deserves to be fallen for
You make it seem they are somehow undeserving of love just because they are in "lowly" jobs
Kinda uncool sha

I agree with all you said, and I certainly didn't mean it the way a lot of people seem to be taking it. I would have modified the post to make it clearer, but people seemed to be enjoying the insults they spend minutes typing, so I let them have their fun.

No, nothing is wrong with being a cleaner. I'm just saying, that in this day and age when women are really proactive about their lives, cleaning is left mostly to young girls who are trying to gain admission or are students already trying to support their parents. OR older women who already have families to cater for. There are different circumstances though, which I'm very aware of, that make smart women stoop to conquer.
But, a 26 year old who's a cleaner? Let's remember that banks hire cleaning outfits, not the cleaners themselves so whatever the bank pays is already slashed in half before it gets to the cleaner that does all the work. How much does she get at the end of the month? Is it worth running errands for her mates who are tellers or customer service officers?

I have a neighbor who's always after me to fix my nails or make beads and although it isn't my style, I do it from time to time to encourage her. She's gathered enough money to include sale of weaves into her trade. She could very easily get a cleaning job too.

There are rude female doctors, pharmacists, tailors (esp the good ones with high patronage) Nepa officials, office assistants etc.
Saying It ws unfair, I was feeling sorry for the banker. Everyone has some good in their hearts and want the opportunity to live someone and be loved back. It's only normal to have your specs in mind.
Thanks for bring polite about countering my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Kimmo(f): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2014
mediachirps:
Nice. Are you married yet?

My sentiments exactly.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by mikolo80: 8:34am On Nov 14, 2014
armadeo:

I agree that three are snubs both male and female. But you also have to agree that minding ones business could also be interpreted as snobbery.

I can assure you that many guys here calling the bank girls snubs have never had a conversation with them ( admire from far) or had bleeped up one liners to jump start a conversation.
nope they havent but they've seen how she/her type treats other ppl and will never risk being humiliated in public. besides its the banker chics who have husband problem ,its them who need to smile/flirt more in order to attract guys iinstead of bitching and moaning. they got the pucci so they got the power to invite 1thousand guys and do test/interview for them and get husband unlike guys that cant make a move unles they've got some cash on hand
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by ndidibabe(f): 8:40am On Nov 14, 2014
DjAndroid:
We were chatting last night when My neighbour, a single female banker told me what they (single ladies ) are facing in her office.

She said, despite most of them being beautiful, their male customers always prefer and go after their cleaners, messengers and security personnel instead of the polished bankers.

She said that she has witnessed about 6 weddings of their cleaners who got married to their customers.

She was asking if men think they will be very expensive to maintain due to the way they dress.

After so much talk I didn't just know what to tell her.

Guys, Any opinion why this happens ?
Is she a teller? There is a difference between a Banker and a Bank worker.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by sunnyt1(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2014
Kimmo:

In other word, female cleaners were not created by God and only low-end guys go after them.

In case you missed it, humility pays
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by Skii(m): 9:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Skii:

picture this scenario, an example someone gave in one of the replies

a lady banker snaps at the counter when you request to use her pen. rather than quiet down and retreat with tail in between legs, a gentle, friendly, subtle comment or compliment can do the trick "wow, you must be under pressure, take it easy", "even with that attitude, you are still gorgeous, what will you be like when you are smiling?"

just to support my earlier post,

yesterday, i entered a banking hall to make a deposit. it was like three-ish in the afternoon.

so this banker lady who was at the counter counted my money. when she started to write on the teller (you know all those abracadabra they do before they now stamp and double stamp with that their noise making stamping machine...GBAM!!) Anyway, she made a mistake with what she was writing, so she hissed, cancelled it, signed on it and continued to write.

you know what I said?

"don't worry, it will soon be four"

what did she do?

she laughed!!

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by pickabeau1: 10:09am On Nov 14, 2014
If i get u..u are excusing rudeness with charm...

It is not the customers responsibility to pamper a rude service staff

Story for the gods undecided
Skii:

just to support my earlier post,

yesterday, i entered a banking hall to make a deposit. it was like three-ish in the afternoon.

so this banker lady who was at the counter counted my money. when she started to write on the teller (you know all those abracadabra they do before they now stamp and double stamp with that their noise making stamping machine...GBAM!!) Anyway, she made a mistake with what she was writing, so she hissed, cancelled it, signed on it and continued to write.

you know what I said?

"don't worry, it will soon be four"

what did she do?

she laughed!!

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by simplisity(m): 10:20am On Nov 14, 2014
Some of these cleaners r graduates, that they r not opportuned to be a banker does not mean that they r not educated like d bankers. No wk in Nigeria is beter u manage d little one u found.
Re: Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. by wiseass: 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
Kimmo:

The truth is the average nigerian man isn't looking for a "madam" he wants a wife that will be home early enuff to cook meals, and won't be too tired for premiership at nites *wink* and by the way what makes ppl think its all bank customers that have time to be blowing grammar on nairaland? Many of them are bizness men who didn't go to uni or poly. So the whole she's a banker and the other is a cleaner talk is irrelevant

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lovely Bridal Squad And Their Curves (Photos) / Osman Hafiz: Wedding Photos Of Ghanaian Man Who Married Three Wives Same Day / These Are The Reasons Some Guys Don't Have Girlfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.