Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,543 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Relationship Advice Needed Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Advice Needed Please (1201 Views)

Need Relationship Advice?? Ask Here / Top 10 Relationship Advice To NIGERIAN GIRLS . . From 190 / What Is The Worst Relationship Advice You've Ever Gotten? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 13, 2014
Good day Nairalanders:

I need matured advice on this thread. I am in a 8 months relationship with a guy that i like by all standard and we are both from the same State. But after i had accepted his proposal,months later i noticed that he attends Celestial Church and i am an Anglican. I have tried to make him convert even to the extent of us attending a neutral church but he insist that there's nothing wrong with his own church and he cannot leave the church. However, my concerns are that even though we aren't married now because he has not talked about that but if it ends in marriage,i can't and won't be able to convert to Celestial church and my parents won't even accept that.

Recently,i met another guy though not from the same state but from the same church and i also like him too because have developed serious feelings for him and he's a nice guy. He has already started talking of relationship and he even mentions marriage(not to me but in the course of our correspondences) from time to time and that he hopes to get settled down soon if all goes as planned. My question now is that considering the situation on ground,what do you advise i do?

Your matured advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by bigt2(m): 5:42am On Nov 13, 2014
Seems you have a celestial magnet. Take it like that. You must ride against all odds then.
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 13, 2014
You are in a relationship and a new guy comes and suddenly you like him too?Choi!!!!Girls sha
Anyway the church ain't a problem,on a normal day u ar d 1 that is supposed to convert not the guy,do a self assessment of both guys,determine who you love most and select

1 Like

Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 13, 2014
Lool by the tym u will b thirthy nd still single nd searching, even if u see guy frm brotherhood of the cross amd star or eckankar church, u go marry am...
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by destante(f): 6:29am On Nov 13, 2014
how did you even date the first guy for 9 months or so, without knowing his church?

1 Like

Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 13, 2014
Celestial , Redeem, Deeper Life, Catholic, Anglican, Baptist, C A C, Winners Chapel, Etc, We Are One In Jesus. Holding To That Can Deter You Of Getting A Husband Of Your Own. Why Not Explain Things To Your Parents Convince Them That Marrying Man From Another Denomination Does Not Mean Leaving Christianity. I Pray God To Intervene

1 Like

Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Summersland(m): 6:33am On Nov 13, 2014
I understand hw u feel but dnt leave d guy u love because of religion,if u decide 2 move wit d other guy,toooh ur future is in ur hand
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Wisegeek01(m): 6:34am On Nov 13, 2014
destante:
how did you even date the first guy for 9 months or so, without knowing his church?

Thank u my sista wz just going to ask her d same Question,

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 13, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Lool by the tym u will b thirthy nd still single nd searching, even if u see guy frm brotherhood of the cross amd star or eckankar church, u go marry am...

Read and comprehend my message very well. I never said the first guy wants to marry me. He has not talked about marriage yet. He's a nice guy but his church happens to be a very big issue for me.
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2014
destante:

I knew about the church months after. We don't reside in the same state that was what made that impossible to know. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by aristocrazzy: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2014
Many might not agree but I think religion has a great effect in marriage and shud be taken seriously. Well, If u didn't know his church and u av been with 4 that long I feel u may not know so many other things abt him so take ur time and research on them. Then make ur evaluations.

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by destante(f): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2014
planetic:

I knew about the church months after. We don't reside in the same state that was what made that impossible to know. Thanks for your contribution
did you ever ask and he lied? I mean you didn't have to live in the same state to know.
And it does seem that's the basis for your wanting to settle with this new guy. Well if you ain't comfy with the church, then I think you may reconsider.
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by gift01: 6:51am On Nov 13, 2014
planetic:

You having a long distance relationship but now you've met someone close by. My candid advice is Follow your head and not your heart. No matter how we hide it, that religion will surely be a big issue so pls move on cos you've already fallen for the new guy. Move on pls and let the far guy know its over. Life must go on
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Wisegeek01(m): 6:52am On Nov 13, 2014
Seriously Op I no understand u oo, u talk say u like d first guy by all standards and u come go dey develop feelings for another guy, which kin advice I wan giv u again,

Before I advice u. ..

I'v got one question for u, Do u even "love" any of them at all, cos u only said u like dem?
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 13, 2014
destante:
did you ever ask and he lied? I mean you didn't have to live in the same state to know.
And it does seem that's the basis for your wanting to settle with this new guy. Well if you ain't comfy with the church, then I think you may reconsider.

He never lied about it. I have related same issue with close relatives of mine,they all kick against it and advises that i move on but i just wanted to seek a neutral opinion about this. I like the new guy a lot and deep down within me,feelings are strong.
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 13, 2014
Wisegeek01:
Seriously Op I no understand u oo, u talk say u like d first guy by all standards and u come go dey develop feelings for another guy, which kin advice I wan giv u again,

Before I advice u. ..

I'v got one question for u, Do u even "love" any of them at all, cos u only said u like dem?

I love the 1st guy and feelings are very strong for the 2nd. If i wasn't in any relationship,I won't think twice before accepting the new guy.
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 13, 2014
gift01:
You having a long distance relationship but now you've met someone close by. My candid advice is Follow your head and not your heart. No matter how we hide it, that religion will surely be a big issue so pls move on cos you've already fallen for the new guy. Move on pls and let the far guy know its over. Life must go on

Thank you. Sincerely the white garment church is my big problem. If it ends in marriage,it means i must convert. If it was another,i won't have a problem but the white garment(O.O.O,Celestial,Cherubim and seraphim,etc)happens to be a problem for me.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Mprex(f): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2014
Nawa oh! This church issue is rampant these days.

Personally, i wont wanna end up with someone I'm not comfortable with his denomination because i know that if the relationship ends in marriage, i will be the one expected to convert to his church.

So Op, its left for you to decide
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2014
Mprex:
Nawa oh! This church issue is rampant these days.

Personally, i wont wanna end up with someone I'm not comfortable with his denomination because i know that if the relationship ends in marriage, i will be the one expected to convert to his church.

So Op, its left for you to decide

My sister that's the problem because if he talks marriage now,i will be the one to convert and it means i must start wearing white gown. I made a terrible mistake by not asking questions at the initial stage before even accepting because if i had known,i wouldn't have accepted.
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by gift01: 7:24am On Nov 13, 2014
planetic:

Thank you. Sincerely the white garment church is my big problem. If it ends in marriage,it means i must convert. If it was another,i won't have a problem but the white garment(O.O.O,Celestial,Cherubim and seraphim,etc)happens to be a problem for me.
Then move on. The guy will find love. We all suffer heart breaks. We will learn to love

1 Like

Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2014
Celestial ke don't even imaging your self marrying that guy first of all them go almost kill you with deliverance (lagimo) secondly your house go be like shrine because of all the candle he'll be lighting daily

The second guy he's to good to be true so you know what b4 you let him get under your skirt make sure there's a ring on your fingers and you already no his pple when you've manage to get all this things you can now let him sleep with you but don't let him go more than 2 rounds and make sure to blow him off this world with your sex skills I recommend cow girl make sure to ride and twist

I think am done here
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Wisegeek01(m): 8:36am On Nov 13, 2014
planetic:

I love the 1st guy and feelings are very strong for the 2nd. If i wasn't in any relationship,I won't think twice before accepting the new guy.

shocked "Never knew one could love without feelings* vice versa

Here's the deal

I won't tell u what to do, but answer these questions*

1. Do u love the first guy to the extent you can convert to his religion (considering your family, and the fact that marrige is foreva and eva) (and that u were kinda mislead at the inception)

2.What exactly are these feelings you have for d second guy, is it love, lust or something else (so that u are not mislead)

3.How much do u know about the second guy (background check, past relationships and whatnot) unless you like Suprises (Darling I've got a 14 year old son).

If u can answer deez u should know ur next move* ciao kiss
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 13, 2014
Wisegeek01:

shocked "Never knew one could love without feelings* vice versa

Here's the deal

I won't tell u what to do, but answer these questions*

1. Do u love the first guy to the extent you can convert to his religion (considering your family, and the fact that marrige is foreva and eva) (and that u were kinda mislead at the inception)

2.What exactly are these feelings you have for d second guy, is it love, lust or something else (so that u are not mislead)

3.How much do u know about the second guy (background check, past relationships and whatnot) unless you like Suprises (Darling I've got a 14 year old son).

If u can answer deez u should know ur next move* ciao kiss

Well, if i had answered by saying i love the 2 guy,some might say it's not possible and that's the reason why i said I have deep feelings for the 2nd. And am already involved with the 1st guy but not with the second.

I don't love the 1st guy to the extent of converting because if i do,I shouldn't create the thread. I suggested both parties attends a neutral church which he refused and said that can't happen.

I feel something great for the 2nd and like i also said in my previous post that assuming i wasn't involved with another,I sure will grant him an opportunity. For now it's just communication and the foundation so far is ok to commence any relationship.

I don't really know much yet about the 2nd guy but the little i know wouldn't be much of an issue and you cannot know a person completely but rather a gradual process.
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Mprex(f): 10:01am On Nov 13, 2014
planetic:

My sister that's the problem because if he talks marriage now,i will be the one to convert and it means i must start wearing white gown. I made a terrible mistake by not asking questions at the initial stage before even accepting because if i had known,i wouldn't have accepted.

well, i will suggest you pray about it. There is absolutely nothing that God cant do. The Holy Spirit is still in the business of changing lives.

Goodluck
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Wisegeek01(m): 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
planetic:

Well, if i had answered by saying i love the 2 guy,some might say it's not possible and that's the reason why i said I have deep feelings for the 2nd. And am already involved with the 1st guy but not with the second.

I don't love the 1st guy to the extent of converting because if i do,I shouldn't create the thread. I suggested both parties attends a neutral church which he refused and said that can't happen.

I feel something great for the 2nd and like i also said in my previous post that assuming i wasn't involved with another,I sure will grant him an opportunity. For now it's just communication and the foundation so far is ok to commence any relationship.

I don't really know much yet about the 2nd guy but the little i know wouldn't be much of an issue and you cannot know a person completely but rather a gradual process.

Since ur already involved with the first guy, u can try contacting him again about the issue to see if he could still see reasons with u, if not u know u got to move on (its ur future we're talking about here)

As for the new guy, Try to learn more about him (but not in the sneaky kinda way) before the deep feelings take total control of you, (like u said its gon be a slow process so) "shine ya eye" who knows he may or may not be the "one" for u

"And also . .. put it in prayer*
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by adepiero: 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
are you not of the same religion! why the discrepancy? if you are not satisfied with the relationship then quit!

#TeamTosyne2much cares... wink
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Melahou(m): 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Its like you are a bit confused about what you want...I don't worship in celestial church but what
wrong with the church.

if you are not comfortable with the guy or where he worship why not opt out before giving another brother a chance

That a guy talks about marriage does not mean he truly wants to settle down or wants to marry you...
it could just be a strategy to win you heart... then use you and dump you

open yours eyes and be wise...am sure you are in a hurry to get married
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
A woman hs no church until she gets married.
Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by samtol4(m): 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
destante:
intelligent question !God bless you ma

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by professore(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
You love them both,certified,now choose between your church or ur state,in anyway I don't intend to choose for u,but I will rather choose a man because he is from my church and not because he is from my state.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Advice Needed Please by DieeDiee: 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
Why do you need to convert? Isn't G-d, G-d? What is it that is so fundamental with regards to praising G-d that they do at Celestial that the Anglican doesn't do and vice versa? Isn't the point of worship praising and honouring G-d more than abiding church traditions? Therefore why can't you praise G-d at the anglican church and him at his its not like G-d will burn you if you choose different churches...

(1) (Reply)

bestie escaped bn caught / Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone You Like As Much As They Like You?? / Please Be Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.