Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Is The Family Church?? (40452 Views)

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by monex(m): 6:59am On Nov 25, 2014
NobleG1:

It seems you actually don't comprehend what "Submission" means. Let me quote from the dictionary;
The action of accepting or yielding to a superior force or to the will or authority of another person.

Telling a woman to submissive to husband is offensive and abusive. It makes a woman look inferior in the marriage. As I said earlier on, marriage is a partnership relationship. Both of you are equal and one irrespective of the gender difference. None of them should submit to the other! Only your young children (ones you're taking care of), housemaid or a slave, etc. should be submissive to you!

The only good relationship between a man and woman, is one born out of mutual respect for each other. Sacrifice, compassion, love, and honor are virtues to which a relationship or marriage can thrive. "Submission" is just not the right word to describe, nor is it the right place for the woman to be - her role within a relationship with a man.

I have, in fact, seen two relationships turn abusive towards women whose husbands used this word, Submission, to justify their behavior.

Treat your wife the way you would expect her treat you, not like a slave. Respect and cherish her and she will do the same you.

NobleG i understand your point but thats the thing about religion & belief systems. they are larger than life itself.

Marriage equality and partnership is not a Xtian doctrine. we preach equality now because it is more "convenient". in Xtian doctrine, your roles are obligatory. husband love wife, wife submit to husband. each person's role is not conditional to the other party performing their roles. so if ur wife is not submissive and is evil, you are still obligated to love (love includes selfless sacrifice) her. similarly, even if your husband does not love you and cheats on you, you are obligated to submit (and yes, submmission includes yielding to his authority when there is a dispute) to him.

in a physically abusive relationship, the woman can leave him to avoid physical harm but she definitely cannot divorce him or remarry. i think physical abuse and adultery are the two conditions for separation (separation means not living with him/her. it doesnt give a license to sleep with or marry another person). Divorce does not exist in xtian doctrine.

"till death do us part" is not a statement to taken lightly.

nonetheless i still understand why equality is a safer standard. but like i said initially belief systems are larger than life itself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) / Oyibo Man Pounds Yam For His African Wife / How She Changed A Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.