Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves (19634 Views)

Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True / 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. / Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Loonyy(m): 8:39am On May 10, 2018
I rep Abia State University, I Celebrate Dr. E. Udensi from the department of management, a primus interperus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by coolebux(m): 8:44am On May 10, 2018
God bless Mr Nwankwor and Mr Metu both of department of mathematics and statistics Federal Polytechnic Oko

It seems like lecturers in maths and stats department are most sincere
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Dokitadotun: 8:46am On May 10, 2018
Prof Olugbenga Mokuolu, a great professor of paediatrics/Neonatology, his teaching style made the subject easy for me. Prof E.J.C Nwanna of Morbid Anatomy a great, great teacher. Prof(Mrs) Balogun of Biochemistry unilorin ,every medical student in unilorin calls her Mama, and truly that's who she is to us. Prof Bewaji, of biochemistry, Prof Ologe of Otorhinolaryngology Dept, Dr(Mrs) Adesiyun of neonatology.
These people are gems, parents, and above all role models.
God bless you for being part of me @Unilorin/UITH

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by esuLAAROYE(m): 8:47am On May 10, 2018
Prof G.G Darah, The storyteller in the department of English and Literary studies, Delta State University Abraka. Very funny and understanding old man. I will forever respect him.

Mr Richard Maledo: The no-nonsense Lecturer. The Obiaruku english man who always put on an angry look. The only time i saw him smiled was the last lecture he delivered during my final year.

The only man that failed 100 students in a class of 107

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by michaelwilli(m): 8:47am On May 10, 2018
Omolola Ogbolumani
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by noah91(m): 8:48am On May 10, 2018
Na Yoruba get Prof and Dr pass for Naija?
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Cooleasy(m): 8:51am On May 10, 2018
Engr. Wahab Ajibola (now retired), was a Chief Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering of Yaba College of Technology, Lagos. Known for being a very erudite, down-to-earth intellectual and his uncompromising honesty; throughout his career he kept turning out some of the best students of Yabatech. He himself was trained in British universities (Leeds and Bath) where he was highly respected by his lecturers before he came to settle down for a full career as a lecturer at Yaba College of Technology. Throughout the late 70s, 80s and 90s till his retirement in 2006, he was like the Gani Fawehinmi of Yabatech, always at loggerheads with corrupt administrations of that institution because of his forthrightness and emphasis on due process. Highly feared by corrupt members of the institution; he served at different times on the Academic Board of the institution, became the Director of Mechanical Engineering Department and once came very near to becoming the Rector of Yabatech, but the corrupt powers-that-be would not let him get there. He retired in 2006.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by MrHighSea: 8:53am On May 10, 2018
Engr. Prof. J C Agunwamba
UNN, Civil/water resources engineering
Fatherly, reasonable man.
Ever young
God bless him

Engr. Prof Ify Nwaogazie
UNIPORT, Civil/water resources engineering
Simple, coaches u for progress, entertaining
Very practical about life

Engr. Dr. U. N. Okonkwo
MOUAU, Civil/Geotech engineering
Lovely, but u must work hard.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by pweetyz(f): 8:57am On May 10, 2018
Prof. Emeka Chianu of Faculty of Law, University of Benin is top of the list.
Dr Gabriel Arishe is a great Lecturer too.
Prof Mrs Violet Aigbokhavo will not be forgotten by yours truly.
All of the Faculty of Law, Uniben.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Phalumy(m): 8:57am On May 10, 2018
Phalumy:
I celebrate Mr. Gurgur Japhet (M.Sc. Theoritical Physics) from the dept of Physics, University of Agriculture, Makurdi......... He took Quantum and Computational Physics in my 300L, this man is just too much...... He is one of the best lecturers in the department.....
Dr./Mrs Isikwe B.C (Geo Physics)......
I celebrate Mr. Gurgur Japhet (M.Sc. Theoritical Physics) from the dept of Physics, University of Agriculture, Makurdi......... He took Quantum and Computational Physics in my 300L, this man is just too much...... He is one of the best lecturers in the department.....
Dr./Mrs Isikwe B.C (Geo Physics)..... She is also good.....
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by daveP(m): 8:57am On May 10, 2018
Dr Wakili, now Hod of mathematical sciences department, Federal university Lokoja.

same also to Miss Ibeh, an echelon in mathematical modelling, same dept.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by JustME7(m): 9:02am On May 10, 2018
I celebrate Prof. Cisca Oladipo

H.O.D Computer Science

Federal University Lokoja

God bless her greatly.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by dajan03: 9:06am On May 10, 2018
Mrs. Maria Igoche Mr. Wika Peter (sociology) Prof. Alli Prof. Gambo Prof. Sam Egwu Prof. Okoye All from political science except mentioned otherwise in unijos
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by stonecoldcafe: 9:10am On May 10, 2018
nymphomaniac:
this thread is dedicated to celebrating Nigerian lecturers and professors who have distinguished themselves in imparting knowledge to students. come in and drop the name of that lecturer you respect. for me, prof emeka chianu is d best land law lecturer in Nigeria. prof Lawrence atsegbua the former dean of law deserves a mention too. both are from the law faculty uniben

Amen amen amen. I can attest to this. Prof Emeka Chianu. Law of Land Law and Trespass (if my memory serves me well-green cover page)
Amazing man he is. Teaches with passion and not a whiff of scandal near his side. God bless him

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by kindnyce(m): 9:13am On May 10, 2018
Late Dr Yusufu Bala Unman History dept ABU

DR. USMAN LADAN,He set the bar too high that most mofos had to quit, imagine presenting 8 papers in 100 level (History)ABU

PROF Enoch Oyedele, that man can teach, History depressed ABU

DR George Kwanashie that baba is from another planet history Dept ABU

DR ABUBAKAR SIDDIQUE great scholar political science Sept ABU

PROF RAUF DUNMOYE the best lecturer in political science dept ABU.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Ope101(m): 9:15am On May 10, 2018
1. Prof OBC Nwolise of the department of Political Science, University of Ibadan.
2. Prof Tunji Oyeshile, Philosophy Dept, University of Ibadan
3. Prof Ukpokolo, Philosophy, UI.
4. Prof Lanre Abbas, Philosophy, UI
I am privileged to have learnt under these people... Prof Abbas is a true mother....
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Nobody: 9:16am On May 10, 2018
Dr Ugiabe, Department of Sociology & Social works, Uniben.
smart guy who don't need a text book to dictate comprehensive note, Very verse in virtually all subjects also history and law. Mind you he lectures sociology, law and social works in those various department.

Prof Omoyibo, Man with class...Heard even girls go to seduce him. Brilliant psychology lecturer.

Mr Okpokunu, Dept of Sociology & Anthropology, You can not be a student of Uniben in the faculty of social science and not hear his name and how he's been respected. A fellow close lecturer told me he is a closeted Atheist due to the fact he knows am also atheist lol.

4 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by mezcri(m): 9:17am On May 10, 2018
Engr. Dr. Adeiza Onumanyi - Telecommunications Engineering, FUTMinna

I appreciate that man's gentleness and care for his students.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by adeomoade204(m): 9:18am On May 10, 2018
I will like to dedicate this to Engr. Fapetu O. F. Of Mechanical Engineering Department, Rufus Giwa Polytechnics Owo.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by mezcri(m): 9:19am On May 10, 2018
iammdshola:
Dr. Abdulkadir Mukhtar holds a BEng (Chemical Engineering) in 2004 from Federal University of Technology, Minna and an MSc (Oil and Gas Engineering) in 2007 from the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, United Kingdom. PhD (University of Nottingham, United Kingdom) in 2011. He is an Associate Member of Institution of Chemical Engineers, Regtered Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), Associate Member of Institution of Engineering and Technology and Member of Society of Petroleum Engineers. Currently, he is a Senior Lecturer and Head of Chemical Engineering Department. Dr. Abdulkadir research interests lies in the development of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) models to characterize gas–liquid flows system in straight pipes and bends. Dr. Abdulkadir Mukhtar is internationally recognized for his work on successfully using advanced instrumentation to characterize gas–liquid flow around bends. He has contributed insights into identifying the condition for which the liquid goes to the outside or inside of the bend based on a modified form of Froude number based on published material. Dr. Abdulkadir was also able to identify the locations at which the liquid film thickness peak in the bend at various liquid and gas superficial velocities. These results were confirmed by the high-speed videos taken around the bend.
Dr. Abdulkadir has supervised over 20 master’s degree students and also involved in the supervision of PhD candidates. He has over 40 technical publications. Based on his research outputs and fellowship training he has received several awards and honours. Examples include: Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) MSc and PhD Overseas Scholarship Award. Nominated by the ENI Scientific Secretariat as a Candidate for the ENI 2015 International Award, Delegate 5th Total Exploration and Production Company International Seminar on Energy and Education, Paris, France from the 1st – 6th June, 2014, Invited Lecturer, Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS) Port Harcourt, Nigeria, 2015 Junior Chamber International (JCI) Ten Outstanding Young Person’s in Nigeria Award (TOYP), Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Outstanding Faculty Award as the most outstanding faculty member during the 2015/2016 academic year at the African University of Science and Technology Abuja, 2016 SERVICOM Federal University of Technology Minna Service Award for Dedication to Duty. Dr. Abdulkadir is serving as Reviewer for over 10 ISI Indexed reputable international journals. He has supervised over 20 master’s degree students and also involved in the supervision of PhD candidates. Resource Person, Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), University Representative (Focal Person) Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB), Yenagoa, Bayelsa. Dr. Abdulkadir also served as an Instructor for the training of Directorate and Management Staff of National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) and Ministry of Petroleum Resources. He is a key note speaker for several reputable international conferences.

No need for his whole Bio. Big ups to Dr. Mukhtar too... wonderful lecturer!
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Mires: 9:26am On May 10, 2018
muri4mig:
Professor Garba of Economic department of ABU. I celebrate you. Father of mordern econometric.

Indeed, when i had the privilege last year to listen to Prof's presentation in a workshop at Trenchard Hall Ui, I was 99% convinced that he deserves a professorial chair in Economics.

With his resignation from ABU, I hope there are others.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Mrukk: 9:27am On May 10, 2018
To my Amiable lecturer and role model in microbiology Prof Lateef Agbaje of department of Pure and Applied Biology LAUTECH ,ogbomosho.I appreciate your efforts on us your students and I celebrate your achievements for becoming a professor at barely 40years. Other lecturers Prof Olive, Prof Akintola, Dr Azeez,Dr Akinboro and other kind hearted in the department may you all be rewarded by the Most High.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by sladimeji(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2018
no one is perfect... some of them try like Dr. Ojo faculty of Agric futminna and Prof Ijaiya
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by stalingraddd(m): 9:34am On May 10, 2018
shout out to prof emordi and doctor Lexington of history dept aau, when dey form holy holy but are shameless men who chase and Bleep our girls any how, shout out to prof efosa, oh boy if you no get money hide your face for where this man dey. aau the place where education died and was buried
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Nigeriakan: 9:35am On May 10, 2018
Kudos to Mrs Olajuyigbe and Mrs Aduzhe of the Department of English, Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo. Mrs Aduzhe uses part of her salaries to sponsor the less-privileged students. And Mrs Olajuyigbe can wake up the teacher in you, just in one lecture.
Big hugs to Dr Ayo Osinsanwo, who's now in UI.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by seunlicious: 9:41am On May 10, 2018
Late Dr. Olusegun Onabanjo

Dept of Sociology, Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Handsomecole(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2018
I celebrate PROFESSOR Ehindero faculty of EDUCATION obafemi Awolowo UNIVERSITY ILE IFE.
As for that devil in economics who's not even a doctor not to talk of proff Mr. Adedokun in economics dept I leave you to the punishment of God.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Smurfette(f): 9:45am On May 10, 2018
Kudos to Prof James Nnamdi Aduba Faculty of Law, University of Jos
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by dammygoody(m): 9:46am On May 10, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
All my lecturers useless back then in unilorin

They allow religion block their sense of reasoning
Come on, that was then..
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Abbey1987: 9:55am On May 10, 2018
kudos to Dr Afolabi the most intelligent hard rockites, earth sciences dept LAUTECH, he is bold, straightforward and a man of principled. May God continue to bless u for us. my kudos also to Dr Mrs Adewoye 2 time HOD thanks for your motherly cares and advice. love you always. gracias
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by sunnyeinstein(m): 9:57am On May 10, 2018
Late Prof. Inyang Akpan (Microbiology, FUNAAB), a renowned enzymologist cut off in his prime cry cry... and my role model as a researcher.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Lukayly: 10:06am On May 10, 2018
Prof Tunde Olabiyisi.. department of computer science and engineering Lautech..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

At 24 I Still Reason Like Teenagers. / Official 2009 Post UME Discussion Thread / FG In Talks With ASUU On Strike - Maku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.