Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves (19595 Views)

Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True / 6 ways Nigerian Lecturers,frustrate their student. / Why Are Nigerian Lecturers Wicked To Their Students? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by MrCork: 1:06pm On May 10, 2018
MiriamMoney:
Dr. F. Ogoanah. Department of English and Literature, University of Benin, Benin-city.

..are you lightskin ? angry
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 10, 2018
Dr Razak ODERINU Mathematics Department LAUTECH,
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Olufemi99(f): 1:59pm On May 10, 2018
Dr A. B owolabi Dept of psychology(unad) u are too gbaski....
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by bakbravo(m): 2:04pm On May 10, 2018
Professor Kabiru Isa Dandago. Professor of Accounting Bayero University Kano.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by luqmandwise(m): 2:15pm On May 10, 2018
Dr David Adebote. Department of Zoology Ahmadu Bello University.
This man is too good.
Professor Aken ova. This woman is damn good and a disciplinarian. She deserves accolades.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Suicidewasdcase: 2:33pm On May 10, 2018
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by wiilly02(m): 2:36pm On May 10, 2018
Foxie:
I dedicate this to Late Dr. Okunsebor of the English and Literature Department (ENL) and Mrs Jennifer Agbaire of the Department of Educational Foundations (DEF) both of the Great University of Benin (UNIBEN)

Late Dr Felix okunsebor
A Nice and quiet God fearing man!!

I knew that man for years, we were neighbors
His children were my playmates when I was younger. He taught me a lot of things in my formative years.
I surely miss him!!

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Blonchilli(m): 2:44pm On May 10, 2018
Shout-out to Dr. Emmanuel Osawe Akubor.
Barrister Felix Oghi
Dr. Cyrille Ngamenn.
I wouldn't be here without them.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Horlorlardaey: 2:46pm On May 10, 2018
Dr. N. Musa
Lecturer, Dept. of Quantity Surveying, Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
for his fatherly supports and encouragements.
he's a rare specie

Dr. Omololu
Lecturer, Dept. of Microbiology, Obafemi Awolowo University, (O AU)
he's way of teaching and life experiences has helped moulded the lives of my microbiologist from OAU.

Prof. G.O Babalola
Dept. of microbiology, Obafemi Awolowo university, (OAU)
he's the father of all
we so much love him..

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by yoged(m): 2:47pm On May 10, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
All my lecturers useless back then in unilorin

They allow religion block their sense of reasoning
you are very right. Bunch of useless lecturers. Dr rabinowitch,( Abdulraheem) chemistry dept, I think she is now a professor. You showed us hell, karma is real
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by PMB007: 3:06pm On May 10, 2018
Dr. Misbahudeen AbdulHameed, Chemistry Department, LAUTECH.

Dr. Ayotunde Adebayo, Dr. Sheidu Sule, Dr. Mojisola Manuel, Dr. Sarah Sopekan, Prof. Adeyemo, Dr. Ganiyu Jimoh (JIMGA), Dr. Olumide Ige, many others too numerous to mention, all from UNILAG

Very reasonable and distinguished men and women in the lecturing field
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Chapelbeatz(m): 3:35pm On May 10, 2018
shoutout to the prestigious prof j.n aduba of unijos faculty of law
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:02pm On May 10, 2018
Chapelbeatz:
shoutout to the prestigious prof j.n aduba of unijos faculty of law
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by stalingraddd(m): 4:52pm On May 10, 2018
DEIFIED:

I was reading through all the comments if i might see anyone celebrating any AAU lecturer, and then i saw this, immediately i saw the name emordi, i knew it wasn't going to be anything good. Its like most aau lecturers are cursed with the spirit of wickedness.
yes o
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Abdulhakeem78(m): 5:05pm On May 10, 2018
It will be a great sin for me if a trend like this is created and I did n't mention my two ogas at the Obafemi Awolowo University.
First, Professor S.A Aluko of department of sociology; a father and a best teacher
Second, Dr but professor Dipo Fashina of department of philosophy(jingo,jingoistic bingo) a teacher to emulate at all time.
The duo are greatest iconic icons anytime the name OAU is mentioned especially to the students of Admin,social sciences,law and humanities. Respect sirs, I WISH TO BE YOU WHEN I JOIN ACADEMIC.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by timifakay(m): 5:17pm On May 10, 2018
The Professor of professors!
Rev'd Prof E.B Lucas.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by olusovic10: 5:47pm On May 10, 2018
Prof J. A Adepoju, formerly of mathematics dept,UNILAG. That's a father and a teacher.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by kingreign(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2018
mirabeldesmond:
No lecturer who taught me is worth celebrating. the males are pervs while the female ones be hating on us 4 no reason.. so no celebration here
If none are worth celebrating then you should check yourself, you are the problem.

I'm in my house come and bite me angry
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by agya1: 6:03pm On May 10, 2018
Engr. Prof. Isaac N. ITODO. Department of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering. A knowledge Icon, Metor, supporter and friend.
I remember when he was supervising my undergraduate project, Prof would apologize wheneverhe kept us waiting for a few minutes before seeing us.
Bless up!

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by dsocioemmy(m): 6:24pm On May 10, 2018
Nice thread.... I hope to be celebrated one day.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by manitoba(m): 6:50pm On May 10, 2018
I celebrate Late Professor A.A Ogunsaya of the Geography Department ,University of Ilorin. A world reknown Professor of Transport Studies. I remember how you have to quote your name when having your class because you are an authority in Transport studies worldwide . You were down to earth, made a complex subject so easy and always very accessible. No wonder I could make a B after reading my butt out for your exam. So many great things to say about you. Sadly, I couldn't pursue Transport Studies again because life Happens. Your Inaugural lecture topic still hold True " Transport: Maker and Breaker of cities. " RIP Sir.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by hapydaddy: 7:54pm On May 10, 2018
muzyab:

Dr Akinola is now a prof
shout out to Dr Enaibe Dr kadri and Mr Ibrahim(pH.d in view)

Whao...Prof Busayo Akinola..he deserves it..DAT guy too gud...

Dr enaibe is like a father figure..how about that I to know Dr Ajao..
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by tete7000(m): 8:00pm On May 10, 2018
Prof. Olufemi Bamiro, a former Vice Chancellor of University of Ibadan retired from the department of Mechanical Engineering in UI. He was in a class of his own. The ways he taught, the way he administered the university as Vice-Chancellor. He was an all round performer, a genius. I will forever continue to doff my hat for that man. Quite privileged to have him taught me three courses and supervised my final year thesis. His relationship with his students is sterling. What an humble man! May God continue to bless you sir. You left an indelible mark in the lives of some of us. You taught us that we can be humble and be great at the same time.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by YemziAdez(m): 8:53pm On May 10, 2018
Permit me to celebrate my mentor, Dr. Osariyekemwen Uyi, Department of Animal and Environmental Biology, University of Benin, Benin city. Dr. Uyi as he's popularly known, is an expert in Insect Ecology and Toxicology, Evolutionary Ecology and Invasion Biology.

I'll suggest you google his name for more information with respect to his academic profile and publications.

Although, I'm a serving corps member, I'll not fail to acknowledge his impact in my life. By the grace of God, alongside the tutelage from Dr. Uyi, I've three scientific and/or academic publications, and about 8 conference presentations and publications in the book of proceedings of high ranking academic bodies such as the Nigerian Young Academy, Entomological Society of Nigeria, amongst others.

More grace Dr. Uyi. O. O, may you continue to increase in wisdom.

Cheers!
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by sbashir10(m): 9:50pm On May 10, 2018
kindnyce:
Late Dr Yusufu Bala Unman History dept ABU

DR. USMAN LADAN,He set the bar too high that most mofos had to quit, imagine presenting 8 papers in 100 level (History)ABU

PROF Enoch Oyedele, that man can teach, History depressed ABU

DR George Kwanashie that baba is from another planet history Dept ABU

DR ABUBAKAR SIDDIQUE great scholar political science Sept ABU

PROF RAUF DUNMOYE the best lecturer in political science dept ABU.

I have been taught by all except bala usman and prof mike kwanasie, i quit history for ps/is due to the stress of history dept.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by kindnyce(m): 9:58pm On May 10, 2018
sbashir10:

I have been taught by all except bala usman and prof mike kwanasie, i quit history for ps/is due to the stress of history dept.

Hahaha grin grin ;DWas it Dr Ladan that made you leave?
That man is something else, but on the whole, he was and still a great scholar and teacher.His method of teachings shaped most of us back then.
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Geosystem(m): 11:08pm On May 10, 2018
NidaxJ:
Late Prof. M. i. Ogunbanjo
Geology Department
Federal University of Technology, Minna
Jesus is that baba dead. SO sorry to hear this. he was my project supervisor when he came to my school for sabbatical. a perfect gentleman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by Geosystem(m): 11:32pm On May 10, 2018
Dr. O. O Ocan a tireless teacher from Geology dept. OAU Ife, and Mr. Adegbuyi geology dept AAUA a father and baba of all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by oladipojesse(m): 1:52am On May 11, 2018
Prof. Asiwaju Bello and Prof Kunle S.A Opeloye..Applied Geology, FUTA
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by sbashir10(m): 10:38am On May 11, 2018
kindnyce:

Hahaha grin grin ;DWas it Dr Ladan that made you leave?
That man is something else, but on the whole, he was and still a great scholar and teacher.His method of teachings shaped most of us back then.
I actually did 4 of the 8 presentation and i scored C in his course, i don't just like history as a course, so had to rewrite jamb.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by mirabeldesmond(f): 11:03am On May 11, 2018
Pele
Re: Celebrating Nigerian Lecturers Who Have Distinguished Themselves by kingreign(m): 11:10am On May 11, 2018
mirabeldesmond:
lol

How are you doing dear? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#OutBreakInOAU: Disease Out Break In OAU Trending On Twitter / JAMB 2017 Change Of Course/institution Dilemma: A Nairalander's Perspective. / Meet Lagos’ Kid Mechanics Sacrificing Education To Fix Your Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.