Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

1andonly's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1andonly's Profile / 1andonly's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Investment / Re: So you want to become a stock trader or learn the markets by 1andonly: 9:59am On Feb 21, 2017
Hey guys lets start trading celebrities...
Short them, buy them sell them or cover them.
Programming / Celebrity Stock Exchange by 1andonly: 7:48am On Feb 06, 2017
Hi folks I am working on an app that helps teach people stock trading. One of my major motivations was the fact that you cannot short sell on the Nigerian stock exchange something that has been around in financial markets for a long time.

The app is still in development phase and won't work on small screens so preferably use a large screen-tablet or computer.

Right now feedback is very crucial to me so I can decide on what features to add or remove.

The link is: https://powerful-shelf-45643.herokuapp.com/

Don't just talk about celebrities, trade them!!!!
Investment / So you want to become a stock trader or learn the markets by 1andonly: 7:34am On Feb 06, 2017
Hi folks I am working on an app that helps teach people stock trading. One of my major motivations was the fact that you cannot short sell on the Nigerian stock exchange something that has been around in financial markets for a long time.

The app is still in development phase and won't work on small screens so preferably use a large screen-tablet or computer.

Right now feedback is very crucial to me so I can decide on what features to add or remove.

The link is: https://powerful-shelf-45643.herokuapp.com/

Don't just talk about celebrities, trade them!!!!
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hey guys that just got their visas approved might want to post a chronology of the new steps required in obtaining a visa.

Though in my opinion, your account balance matters most. Other things are just minor details that you have to meet.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
ManCiCi1:
Good news cheesy cheesy I was called late last night to pick up my passport and visa this morning which I have done. But they said I have to redo my PCC (the pink slip; authenticate at FA and Legalize at the embassy) before leaving cos it'll be requested in school, it expired 26th.
So I guess one has to do PCC close to when one is applying for visa for those going through this process.

@1andonly thanks for starting this thread and frequently helping out, you've really been of great help. And thank you house for everything. God bless you all and I wish everyone smooth processing throughout your application.

@zendman and @obycindy how far?

Forget that advise. Take the next available flight to Spain because the expired PCC won't affect you one bit. I have testimony from two people to that effect.

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2016
Hey guys, I just thought a word of advise won't be out of place here especially for folks like objifeanyi who just his visa approved.

Watch, watch and watch this video before coming and even after you're here. You'd learn a lot Spanish and you'd be better off than me in many ways especially with respect to landing a job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuFDafzAZ_w

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
objifeanyi:

Hiya zendman, if you followed the thread from 1andonly at the start, you will see it stated and the guys that applied then were told to make sure it was included. I also insisted when I went to do my medicals that it be included.
You can try but I have noticed that as much as you can reduce your margin of error you are better off in this whole visa thingy.

This is a very vital point people miss on here. When I was applying I saw nothing on Spain. I read most of the threads on other Schengen countries on Nairaland- every relevant post- before starting this. Even though some rules have changed in the application, reading this stuff gives you the basics without needing to fall prey to any agent.

I spent more for sure but with an agent it would have been more expensive and you don't even know what fake documents they might include in your application.

With the additional info you guys have got, most people can confidently apply for a Spanish student visa knowing what to expect all the way.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
objifeanyi:

Hiya may be I have a bigger confession to give.... Glory! Glory!! Glory!!! the embassy wrote me this morning that my visa has been approved. I will be picking it up tomorrow.

I wish you all the best and well done to 1andonly not only for starting this thread but still finding time to respond to some of our questions... I will try to follow suit.

All the best guys and peace out smiley

Congrats bro. Where are you headed for Barcelona or Madrid? You can get in touch if you come to Barcelona.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:35pm On Aug 26, 2016
zendman:
That's what most people say at the embassy and even the world economic news place them low in terms of employment. Anyway what's important is just to get the degree and move on from their, may have to opt for an exchange program in Germany or Japan after my first semester since my school has an exchange program with some school in those countries and many other countries. Anyway will cross the bridge when we get there.
BTW how about the so called teaching English as a foreign language which I heard is quite common in madrid and Barcelona. You should be through now with your program I guess.
@objifeanyi called the embassy and I also wrote them but was told they will get back to me as soon as they receive it. Told them to send me the lawyers number but no reply to that request yet. I just pray I get it next week Thursday.

To be sure, I am done with my program. As for Teaching English as a Foreign Language that one dey don't think I've tried to explore that option.

You still have options though. When you come around you can assess them but just bear in mind that they'd be somewhat inferior to what you'd get in the UK, US or Germany.

Cheers!
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=Nkay14 post=48829083][/quote]

First mistake made is posting your email on here for scammers.

You can easily send him a message on Nairaland which he'd get as a notification on his private email.

I will possibly put in a word or two for you seeing I know him.

Cheers!
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
zendman:
Paid for DHL to deliver them to me from my school but was told the school is closed. Meaning I have to wait till 31st when school resumes. Before I get it. How much did u renew ur PCC? Did mine on 8 of June. Does that mean u will have to legalize it again? Just kind of depressed with the whole stuff. Saw someone who collected his certificate after 3 months of investigation even heard some saying they bribe the so called investigator. The whole story made me very sad today. All the same I wont give up!

Don't give up! I had similar challenges. PCC expiration-this was why I said not to do it early because it might expire. I think you have to legalize it. Phew! I understand how it feels. That sinking feeling and you want to abandon ship but don't.

School resumption. OMG!!! Take a chill pill. Wait till your school resumes on the 31st, get a resumption extension letter from them, legalize your PCC but enquire whether you need to legalize this expired version since it is truly not your fault and it wasn't mine either. Bombard the consulate visa section with emails. Find their specific email it should have visa something in it complain and rant. I used this and it worked wonders for me. Rant, rant, rant and rant but in a clearly thought out and logical way.

Once more, keep up the fight don't give up and we may yet meet in the beautiful city of Barcelona.

Just thought to warn you guys, Spain is facing a very dry moment with respect to its economy. So don't expect too much as this ain't UK, Germany or the US. The kind of jobs usually available are bar tending jobs, salesman jobs etc not the kind of job you probably dream about hehehehe. I seriously wanted to come back after my studies but something dropped for me. Doesn't mean I won't be coming back though. There are more opportunities in Nigeria than Spain. The only thing that irks me is the power situation and the rough traffic in Lagos if not I would have come back home a long time ago.

Cheer up guys!!!
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:44am On Aug 19, 2016
ManCiCi1:
I paid part payment and I'm required to pay the rest when I resume there. My question is that do you think it's necessary to still get a note from school stating that I'm paying the remaining school fees during resumption? Which was your case concerning this. (Plus I have my remaining fees in my account as suggested here)

If you can get it perfect. Else just have the money in your account.

I would reiterate, the main reason visa applications are rejected is because of funds. If you don't have sufficient funds, don't bother applying.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:40am On Aug 19, 2016
objifeanyi:

Hiya @1andonly, was it the embassy that requested you get such letter or the school sent it to you out of its own volition.

Well they didn't but I figured they would send me back if I didn't provide an additional proof that I was still on time because you should submit the application 2 weeks before resumption else you will be sent back. I think I saw a document online that made this statement.

Btw for those of you who want to translate, I had need to use an official translator recently and she would be willing to do business with you guys. I think she would also come in cheap....

address: marta.tusquets@gmail.com
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:23am On Aug 15, 2016
obycindy:
Good day my people,
Kindly advise, I need to translate my documents but don't know where to do that. According to spanish embassy requirements. They need original copy of my school fees and accommodation receipt.I only paid 600 euros, my school said I will pay the remaining when I arrive. I only have the scanned copies.
Kindly advise me as am planning to apply for visa next week Friday.

You won't achieve much with just scanned copies.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:22am On Aug 15, 2016
ManCiCi1:
@1andonly Pls, during your time did you have to get a note from school regarding your school's enrollment and payment options? Since we should have our remaining fees in our account, what do you think?
I don't quite get the question but I had an official receipt stating my fees had been paid.

If you what you mean is that your school only takes payment when you arrive, then it is ok for them to state it and then you have the funds in your account.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
zendman:
At the bolded. 1000 euros per month for my 2 year(24 months) course is 24000 euros, at the current exchange rate that is 24000*392=9408000 shocked in addition to 3 million for my fees. that is like 12 million in total. shocked I only have 52% of that amount with me. Which roughly 6.2 million. But meanwhile my sponsor has far more than that 13 million but it will be unrealistic for me to demand for such an amount or even have such an amount transferred into my account. Anyway I'm going to go ahead and submit my sponsors bank statement and mine bearing the 6 million. @1andonly what are my chances Of securing a visa with what I have in my bank. Meanwhile this quote was from kudie in 2015

I think the consulate calculates it with around 600 EUR per month and will probably use CBN rate for their exchange rate calculation so I think your chances are high even without a sponsor. I don't think the consulate cares about your sponsor if he/she is not your parent or bears a different name from you.

So I will advise you calculate with 600, check the official exchange rate for EUR/NGN and augment your account if need be. I think an additional 1.5 to 2 mill should do the trick though and place you on the safe side.

Btw your school is quite expensive. Why didn't you go for a cheaper school. There are way more cheaper schools in Spain.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:59am On Jul 28, 2016
zendman:
Bros oo please am going to UPC in barcelona can I also get an accommodation using this Vila univer... if yes Pls send me the link. Uniplaces is giving me headache. Booked two places but was rejected by landlord. And the available places are too expensive for me. In fact they are yet to refund my 300 euros.

Don't got to Vila it will be very far from your school. I doubt they would even accept you seeing you're not a UAB student.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
zendman:
I am using easypiso.com and housinganywhere.com, but I just got one site from my school uniplaces.com. Still searching for a suitable one.

uniplaces to the best of my knowledge is genuine.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
tinkagi:
@1andonly I saw a room in barcelona and the person in charge said for me to obtain a six month contract i have to pay the first month rent which is 340 euros and 440 euros security deposit and another 250 deposit making a total of 1030 euros for house wen i never see shocked how you see this matter? one other guy said i should pay him 350 euros for him to give me just one month contract.

I understand the 1 month contract and security deposit. I don't understand the other deposit. You have to be wary as there are many scammers however, I paid 1 month deposit with an extra security deposit for a 1 year contract.

You can post the link here if it is genuine, it will speak for itself. Mine was Vila Universitaria in UAB so it was pretty straight forward.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
ManCiCi1:
@1andonly Vivian said Its advisable for me to translate the whole of my Police Character Certificate (the three pages). This would make a total of 6 pages to translate as opposed the earlier mentioned 5 pages stated here. She also said other students who didn't translate the finger print page (even though the words are scanty and it looks irrelevant) later had issues as they ended up translating it after their documents were returned during visa processing. This set them back a long time.
Please what do you know/think about this?

Well if Vivian says so then it is most likely true.

I used Rodrigo but I think Vivian is equally on point.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
tinkagi:

Dear Collins,
Classes begin on 15th September and enrollment is on 8th September. You should pay the fees(300 euros) before 19th July in order to have the document for your visa application sent to you. The rest of the fees are to be paid in September, when you enroll.
Best regards

please 1andonly how should i go about this. from the mail they said classes begin sept 15th and enrolment is 8th sept. How will i go about it because i still feel the embassy might ask for the full semester payment which base on my calculation is 1500 euros. I have already told them this but they keep saying it is their own policy. I want to make the payment now for 300 euros. please advice

To be sure, I don't really know but you have a couple of options.

1) Have the money in your account plus your living expense.

2) Ask your school to send you a document stating this. The people you speak with at the embassy are not the ones that issue visas. It is the consular general. So sometimes what they say might be overboard.

3) Tell the consulate again or get your school to send them an email on your behalf.

I trust this helped.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
So someone cannot delete a post on Nairaland. I opened this post inadvertently.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
@objifeanyi and @ManCiCi1 well. My certificate was never investigated but as for the timing, you might need your school to provide you with an additional letter stating that you won't miss classes even if you resume one month late or 3 weeks late.

I had similar issues and I also have another Nigerian in my school that resumed far later than me. To be sure I struggled in the first semester but made up for leeway afterwards.

So maybe it is not entirely a disaster.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
ManCiCi1:
I used the email that was given here, I even checked the website to be sure. He just responded once asking me to send the documents and that was it. Please is Vivian a certified translator of the Spanish government?

Yes Vivian is. If he responded, then chill out a bit. He is such a cool guy and his customer relationship skills for me is 10/10.

Maybe you should call him that way you'd know why he is not responding.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
ManCiCi1:
Hi Guys, I need help please, I need to translate my documents into Spanish. @1andonly the Rodrigo guy didn't reply me after sending my documents to him.

Contact Vivian or wait, he will respond. What email did you use btw?
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 2:05am On Jul 05, 2016
Damola89:
Hi guys. I have been following this forum for a while. I am trying to apply for a student visa to pursue a PhD programme at UAB. Since I am been sponsored by TETfund through my university (especially since I have the approval) do I still need to log some money into my account? Also, I have not been issued an original masters certicate, for the main time, I use an attestation of result. Can I legalize the attestation and will it be considered during the visa application process?

I don't think you need to seeing it is a Federal Government program.

For attestation I don't think that one will work.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2016
objifeanyi:
Hiya @zendman, not sure if we are allowed to post pictures of faces here, else we would have put a face to the names. I was also at the consulate yesterday and they gave me the same reason. This is very painful for me because school starts 8th of August with Orientation and I risk loosing the admission.

In any case I have informed the school of my predicaments, but loosing close to a month in a 10 months M.Eng course... not sure how the school will greet it

Lol @face to the names hahahaha. Anyhow, you guys can meet at the consulate. I think the majority of us met last year though we're barely in touch.

For Seunbunmi I had the good fortune of even staying in the same hostel with him till he left for his European adventures...I miss him real good on account of Nigerian to chat with, free food, another room to stay, his mortal hatred for capitalism etc.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:17pm On May 29, 2016
objifeanyi:
@1andonly (or any one currently studying in Spain), please I need your thoughts on med insurance. I have read the post on how to obtain it but the school recommended buying from Spain not because the one from is inferior but because it may take a day or so for the health provoder in Spain to confirm with their Nigerian counterpart before treatment can be provided. Please what is your experience usingba health insurance cover from Nigeria.

Anyone's thoughts will be highly appreciated.

It's ok if you want to do that you might want to weigh up the cost and timelines. The Nigerian option is easier and seamless. You get it the same day. If you get to Spain and need another one, fair enough.

I have AIICO and have never had need to use it.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 2:22pm On May 28, 2016
zendman:
I need an accommodation in madrid because my school is in madrid. Do you have any contact there? @objifeanyi
@1andonly by contract you mean I have to pay for the whole four months or more?

No! Usually you pay for a month and an administration fee but they give you 4 months contract or 1 year. I got 1 year but then that might not be so good in case you want to move.

I think Kudie in page 4 states a particular accommodation in Madrid. You might want to consider that but I believe there are a million and one accommodation you could get in Madrid.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:14pm On May 28, 2016
objifeanyi:

Thanks 1andonly, it was a bit confusing for me because the school advised against it earlier till I found out that I am the first Nigerian applying from Nigeria. In any case I have a contact I am discussing with now. May I ask if the contract is in English or Spanish and will I have to legalize at the embassy.

The contract is usually in Spanish and English; if in doubt they'd better write it in Spanish. No, you don't have to legalize it. I think they will place a call to the accommodation if they think there's something fishy and it better not be because you will be rejected and placed on a watch list.

Be careful, I heard there are scammers too.
Travel / Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 1:28am On May 28, 2016
objifeanyi:

Amazing to me also seems like no one wants to go to Spain for further studies. I eventually had the chance to visit the consulate today on accommodation and they maintained I have to show evidence of accommodation as part of the visa process.

Unfortunately I could not go beyond the gate, I kept relating my message to the security personnel who fed me back after he had asked someone, as a result it did not afford me much opportunity to ask if I have to pay upfront for the entire duration of my program or I can book a room for say a month or two, while I check out other alternatives when I get there.

Guys who already got their student visas (for PG programs), how did you do yours - paid all in full or part!!! Any response will be appreciated smiley

First off, there are not so many folks going to Spain for studies but I reckon that before September, more people will definitely visit. I had the same challenges too.

You need a contract. Just a proof that you have somewhere to stay. The contract should be longer than 4 months. Truth is that most of these things we discussed somewhere in the thread (refer to Kudie page 4) so it is a bit difficult for me to repeat them.

I'd tell you what, that contract is for your own good as I found out. Some people coming from other countries who did not have any contract ended up paying prohibitive hotel prices whilst I just checked into my accommodation without spending any dime.

Depending on the city, you should be able to get something and the embassy takes this seriously. Again, it must be an original certificate sent from Spain.

PS: We discussed some of this in detail at some point in the thread. Most generic FAQ's have been treated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.