Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note (105699 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Naughty girl. grin
grin you still owe me what you promised me. undecided
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Okudiover(m): 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
Idrismusty97:
The dumb government probably didn't know our numerals are Arabic numerals… They should have replaced it with the Roman numerals dumbos!

grin grin grin grin grin grin Are you reading my mind or what? Arabic inscriptions remain not just on the naira notes but on all other world currencies i.e 10, 20, 200 1,000 etc. All the numerals are Arabic.

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by IbrahimOyetola1(m): 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
Y are people complaining that the arabic written on the previous 100 naira note is not there again? Does the arabic represent Islam? How many Muslims even noticed the previous one? Is arabic an official language in Nigeria? Money wey mama basira dey put inside her bra and the same money people use to do various evil things. We should be happy arabic is not on the note again.

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Shut up, móron. If you don't understand, that's an indictment on YOUR low intelligence.
kid. sad get l*st lipsrsealed
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 1shortblackboy: 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

I laugh because such comments are not motivated by careful thought but primordial sentiments that can only get you so far before they backfire.
sharrap there
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Akpan107(m): 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
bright8:

What do you mean? Backfire? How? What more than what you and your Boko brothers are already doing?
I have actually been thinking about the word 'backfire'.
I dont really know what he meant, but whatever, may God protect us o.

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
iyabodeh:
grin you still owe me what you promised me. undecided

shocked *thinking frantically*
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Truckpusher(m): 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Myopic people indeed, well stated, what is wrong accommodating other people? How has removing this change your life? Jonathan is playing politics with myopic Christians who would feel they have won some sort of victory, while him and his cronies continue ruing the economy implicitly or explicitly. When people think illiterates are the only one manipulable by religion we fail to the see the fact that myopic literates fare no better!
Y'all can cry us a river.
Labelling the removal of Arabic inscription from our Naira note as a sort of victory for christians is an insult to the entire Christendom.

Talking about GEJ's politics of ruining our economy ,When your supposedly holy mallams ran this country to the ground for 40yrs What happened?

You people should be thanking God for people like GEJ.

22 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by condralbede(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
aguiyi1:
pulling the nation out of o.i.c is still on the table, it will happen when the northern politicians have killed all their youths for selfish gains.

by then, there will be nobody to cause trouble for them because their own children are always not part of the mayhem team

anyway, what does APC have to say about it
Ask my dear friend....BEREM
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by holatin(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
post like this will make religion fanatics open teeth.....it does not decrease peoples faith in Islam. smh

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by oyinzy(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
Good thing they removed it..
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by ozo13(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
resty4:

http://www.naij.com/325302-n100-note-no-hausa-ajami.html
there is ntin religious abt it.beta to remove so DAT oda religion will not think odawise.since English is our official language. Beta every inscription on d naira shld be official.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by DaGC(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
Mr @IdrisMusty97 did bring some valid points though.

Most people attacking him are just doing so out of ignorance.

I feel for you bro, but it really doesn't bother me since my language aint even there.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by gurunlocker: 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
Idrismusty97:
@bolded that is the point! Just because they aren't comfortable with the Arabic inscription doesn't means it should be removed. In the same currency all the other languages are written signifying the worth of the naira e.g Nàírà Méwàà, Naira Iri and Naira Goma. Notice both the Yorubas and Igbos write in Latin alphabet. If the Hausas preferred to write their language in Arabic alphabet why stop them?

and who told u all hausas are Muslim and understand Arabic?...... maybe they should write over 300 languages we have In Nigeria on the note, that will be ok huh?

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Idrismusty97(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
Which mods even push this to the frontpage with that silly headline. It is Hausa inscription written in Arabic(Ajami) not Islamic. It means Naira Dari(N100) as it is clearly written in the article. How is that Islamic? Learn to differentiate culture from religion!

Seun, Obinoscopy
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by carrybreeze: 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

The essence of the currency is for people to use it, if you make it difficult for a good part of the people it is meant for to identify and use it, then you have only proven to be myopic.

I also find it funny that the opponents of the Arabic script are motivated by hate and to a lesser extent fear. Removing the scripts will not change their fear or reduce their hate. I find it amusing as a result.
I also find it funny that the inscription made the brothers from the north to believe that Nigeria is exclusively theirs. So sorry brothers we r wiser...don't u agree?

8 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by fr3do(m): 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

The essence of the currency is for people to use it, if you make it difficult for a good part of the people it is meant for to identify and use it, then you have only proven to be myopic.

the same as the essence for a general official language. It is expected of every citizen to understand the basics.
And even at that, Arabic is strongly intertwined with religion, Islam just like latin and hebrew to christianity and judaism, unlike Hausa.
And again, are 1,2,3... not arabic numerals? Wont those who know arabic understand?

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Larow(m): 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
This op sef! What's our business wt arabic? English language is our linguafranca! You've clearly stated the reason for its removal which is reasonable enough, why are you advocating for its inclusion again? An illterate is an illeterate! You can't read english, na arabic u go come de read? Moreover! Its not by reading that you get to know the value of each denomination. Even a toddler knows the difference between 100N and 20N let alone the so-called illeterates. Why didn't anybody take 100N to the market and buy a 10N worth of good and still does not know he has a change to collect all because he can't read english!

9 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Truckpusher(m): 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
gebest:
THIS IS THE BEST THING JEG EVER DO SINCE HE ASUME OFFICE AS PRESIDENT.
Don't worry eh,after 2015 election the real GEJ will surface........let them rant over an inscription,when the same wind of change will blow across all facets of our national life ,then you'll understand the true nature of the Gambari man and his foot soldiers.
We are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by FOLLOWJESUS: 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
It will be a great mistake if goverment alow religious iscription on our naira,it does not matter the way you see it, Nigeria is a seculer state so what ever that is done by federal goverment must be void of religious undertone.and again looking at the level of violent islam has introduced in the world, it will rise serious questions if a goverment like ours with what boko haram is doing in Nigeria will tellor any national emblem or curency to identify with islam, He whose brother or sister is dancing naked in the market square will cover his face in shame,He who share boundry with mad men must not sleep with his two eyes closed.who want to identify with this insane religion.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Mintayo(m): 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
This is good,the next thing is to remove anything related to arabic from our constitution too. Nigeria belongs to all!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by criuze(m): 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
Though an instrument of Muslims hagemonism

But let me ask ;

can this help the economy

Can this help the Naira from unending fall into the oblivion
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by holatin(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
bright8:
About time jare. No ethnic group owns Nigeria more than the other.English is our official language. If you no sabi am, leave am!
nonsense does d Arabic on d note implies dat a particular ethnic group own Nigeria, just tell us you hate Islam.
smh awon eyan elero kukuru
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

shocked *thinking frantically*
angry
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by fr3do(m): 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

I also find it funny that the opponents of the Arabic script are motivated by hate and to a lesser extent fear. Removing the scripts will not change their fear or reduce their hate. I find it amusing as a result.

you are only talking about hate.
you are not talking about the cause of the hate you percieve which is forceful islamisation.
For crying out loud, cant Hausa be used instead!

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by willibounce1(m): 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
Too many goats in this country. Fighting, rejoicing and arguing over Arabic inscription on naira note.

The Arabic inscription didn't stop you goats from killing yourselves over the naira not, neither did it stop your useless leaders from stealing.

Make una dey there dey fight on top Arabic inscription. Una no go fight for bad roads, poor electricity, poor education, poor leadership, etc. Na Arabic writing una dey fight for.

They be pretending as if they won't spend the naira note even if the devil's head was drawn on it. Mumu people.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by M4gunners: 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

Comments like yours make me laugh.
Keep laughing.He just say the truth.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by holatin(m): 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
ndcide:
GOOD!
we can't have strange languages on our currency

VERY GOOD

pls do you know the meaning of strange if you do, then this rubbish wount come out of ur mouth.
gat an assignment for you, travel all around dis world, spend their currency, ask question about inscription on it then get back to me cus I only interact with knowledgeable men's.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by emirateprince: 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
Almajiri language is for ape pee cee, gej till eternity

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Larow(m): 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
IbrahimOyetola1:
Y are people complaining that the arabic written on the previous 100 naira note is not there again? Does the arabic represent Islam? How many Muslims even noticed the previous one? Is arabic an official language in Nigeria? Money wey mama basira dey put inside her bra and the same money people use to do various evil things. We should be happy arabic is not on the note again.
guy!!! God bless u!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
[b][/b][b][/b]Perfect
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by ransomed: 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
Some blood thirsty religionists can wake up tomorrow morning and start killing. Please, let us allow peace to reign so that they wont have any reason to exterminate people. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Start Your Own Boxers Business With N5, 000 / Football Betting: Season 2 / Step By Step Procedure On How To Produce Quality Emulsion Paint By Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.