Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note (105873 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by holatin(m): 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
Trailblazer1:
We are getting liberated gradually from the shackles of Islamization.

Hope that guy will not take us back there?
mehn I don't know guy that are so dump to this extent still exist.
people like you are d reason I supported abortion.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by percyoats(m): 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
I do believe Hausa is a lang... Has its own word spellings... I support this move, however, if we still have Yoruba and Igbo inscriptions on these notes, It would also make sense to have words written in Hausa... But not Arabic!!!
maclatunji:

The essence of the currency is for people to use it, if you make it difficult for a good part of the people it is meant for to identify and use it, then you have only proven to be myopic.

I also find it funny that the opponents of the Arabic script are motivated by hate and to a lesser extent fear. Removing the scripts will not change their fear or reduce their hate. I find it amusing as a result.

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by jude33084(m): 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

The essence of the currency is for people to use it, if you make it difficult for a good part of the people it is meant for to identify and use it, then you have only proven to be myopic.

I also find it funny that the opponents of the Arabic script are motivated by hate and to a lesser extent fear. Removing the scripts will not change their fear or reduce their hate. I find it amusing as a result.

Your reasoning sha cheesy
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by M4gunners: 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
FOLLOWJESUS:
It will be a great mistake if goverment alow religious iscription on our naira,it does not matter the way you see it, Nigeria is a seculer state so what ever that is done by federal goverment must be void of religious undertone.and again looking at the level of violent islam has introduced in the world, it will rise serious questions if a goverment like ours with what boko haram is doing in Nigeria will tellor any national emblem or curency to identify with islam, He whose brother or sister is dancing naked in the market square will cover his face in shame,He who share boundry with mad men must not sleep with his two eyes closed.who want to identify with this insane religion.
Good talk bro.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by IYANGBALI: 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
Thank God I doesn't spend naira
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by theSpark(m): 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Most Hausa would probably learn Ajami before english, most no english at all!

Leaving the Ajami on the naira would preserve the writing system from extinction!

Quite true.

Most parties for and against the Ajami script are driven by naked sentiments. Ajami is not as popular as you think it is up north. I think the only time I saw any Ajami script was a Zamfara? state government calendar and it was in English and Ajami. If Ajami was very popular as you may think it is, Daily Trust the fiercely pro-north newspaper would publish it's Hausa Newspaper Aminiya in the Ajami format. Likewise all the 'Soyaya' Hausa literature are written in the Latin script.

I think the Ajami has outlived it's usefulness on our currency as less an less people are literate in it. I agree with you 100% that the form of writing ought to be preserved.

All ye pro latin and pro arabic folks lets come to a compromise. Let's go for the Nsibidim script. it's truly Nigerian in origin.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by jude33084(m): 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
holatin:

mehn I don't think guy so dump to this extent still exist.
people like you are d reason I supported abortion.

where you aborted? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by chamboy(m): 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
It's in. 500 too na
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by nigerianvenom(m): 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:
Good move

Btw English is not the Christian Language but Nigeria official language. Hebrew is the language.

my brother and friend,ur point are always great and significant

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Larow(m): 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

I laugh because such comments are not motivated by careful thought but primordial sentiments that can only get you so far before they backfire.
Musiliu! Abokis like u are backward thinkers. Who told u guys to reject western education while others embrased it? Backfire koor! Frontfire ni! See him mouth like my own!

8 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by shizzleStar: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
Arabic nonsense should be removed from all our currencies, whoever does not like it should go blow him/herself up
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by holatin(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
jude33084:

where you aborted? undecided
mehn anoda proof of ur dumpness
if am aborted I go dey yarn with u ?
Fish brain
last bullet
GET A LIFE DUDE....
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Raxxye(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Yes, muslims don't make their religious duty to think of ways of discomforting christians!
Bros, are you kidding me?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Larow(m): 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

Gbenu osi soun! Olodo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 2scorehigh(m): 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hmm naija!

Must everything be viewed from ethnic and religious lens?

How does the removal or inclusion of the said Islamic inscription affect the current high exchange rate of the naira?

How many people notice or even know about the inscription?

Now, all of sudden it has become an issue...

O di egwu o.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

Well you have a point there.

He doesnt av any point. The hausa translation of d amount is always written along side yoruba n ibo e.g Niara Ashinrin. Y then d Arabic inscription again, is d hausa nt enough for them read n know dat its 20naira? Is Arabic d new hausa language?

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by jude33084(m): 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
holatin:

mehn anoda proof of ur dumpness
if am aborted I go dey yarn with u ?
Fish brain
last bullet
GET A LIFE DUDE....

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

At times it is good to tease somebody tongue

I love NL grin
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Ochek: 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Regardless of the bigot laden statements so far on the thread, this remains the main reason why Ajami was used on the naira note, CAN is really working though, through ignorance,it is raising the next generation of lord resistance army fighters, who rather than demand good governance would prefer finding new fronts to fight Muslims. Any nation where people put bigotry and fanaticism before tolerance is doomed to be stagnated.

I wonder what point exactly you are fronting. The writer himself acknowledged the fact that the Ajami language was far understood in our country (and I ask by a popular majority or just a sect?) before English language. Now the question is, what significant role those it play today seeing that those who were thought to understand the language currently have Lil or no idea about it anymore? More over, the Nigerian currency ain't supposed to be a foreign currency. It's for me and you. So, if I can't read the script on it and my neighbor also can't, it is useless. Any other Nigerian language can be there but a foreign language? A big NO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 3rdeye1(m): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
It is long over due! Abi make dem remove English and make it just a plain naira note? My advice is just that they should do d Rest once an for all #200, #500 & #1000
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by ZUBY77(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

I laugh because such comments are not motivated by careful thought but primordial sentiments that can only get you so far before they backfire.

Fanatic
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by mauriceju2(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
Nigeria has more than 200 languages, Every group should have their language inscribed on the naira notes, is time for the north to know and accept the truth that they are not the owner of Nigeria, no body is ready to follow them and go back to the stone age of the Arabic people

7 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Martinmania(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
resty4:

http://www.naij.com/325302-n100-note-no-hausa-ajami.html
[i][/i] is it me or this guy just dey find wahala... Is it the arabic writings we wanto eat abeg??
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by F22RAPTOR(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
resty4:

http://www.naij.com/325302-n100-note-no-hausa-ajami.html
that was then, this is now. Is there anyone who would claim not to know how to identify any Nigerian currency denomination?
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by AJOT99(m): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
Nice one!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
Idrismusty97:
@bolded that is the point! Just because they aren't comfortable with the Arabic inscription doesn't means it should be removed. In the same currency all the other languages are written signifying the worth of the naira e.g Nàírà Méwàà, Naira Iri and Naira Goma. Notice both the Yorubas and Igbos write in Latin alphabet. If the Hausas preferred to write their language in Arabic alphabet why stop them?

No ethnic group wrote the naira. Each ethnic group is represented in English.

The minorities should be the ones complaining that they're not represented, not some foreign language from the middle east. The arabic isn't our language, so let's dump it.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by anonimi: 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Built2last:
The next to be removed should be the Arabic inscriptions on our military badges, and rankings....Nigeria is a secular state...period.

Can this really be true about our Armed Forces shocked
IF true that may partly explain why the soldiers find it difficult to eradicate the Boko Haram TERRORISTS angry

Meanwhile I guess this brief re-introduction of Arabic unto our Naira notes is the legacy of the former Chief Imam of CBN who is now Emir of Kano.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Olaskybab: 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Is your state laws written in Latin? This government is dividing Nigerians along Ethnic lines. Since it has gotten to this point all Latin alphabets should also be scrapped out of our naira. English is our national language after all.
wu dey write in Latin 4 Christ sake?!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by HARDDON: 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

What is this one saying?
So people from languages that are not scribbled on d currency don't use it because itz not written in their languages?

And to think u used Myopic on others .......

6 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by fr3do(m): 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Is your state laws written in Latin? This government is dividing Nigerians along Ethnic lines. Since it has gotten to this point all Latin alphabets should also be scrapped out of our naira. English is our national language after all.

can English be written in Aljami/Arabic?
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by profstar(m): 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Built2last:
The next to be removed should be the Arabic inscriptions on our military badges, and rankings....Nigeria is a secular state...period.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by jude33084(m): 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ochek:

I wonder what point exactly you are fronting. The writer himself acknowledged the fact that the Ajami language was far understood in our country (and I ask by a popular majority or just a sect?) before English language. Now the question is, what significant role those it play today seeing that those who were thought to understand the language currently have Lil or no idea about it anymore? More over, the Nigerian currency ain't supposed to be a foreign currency. It's for me and you. So, if I can't read the script on it and my neighbor also can't, it is useless. Any other Nigerian language can be there but a foreign language? A big NO

But English is foreign?

Should they also remove it? undecided

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Kx: 6:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
is d incoming,N100 d only note in circulation?
Why can't this policies come wholistic IF D INTENTIONS ARE TRULY NATIONAL INTEREST?

How come majority of what dis govt does divides "christians" and Muslims d more?

This is a cheap political move.
He has realized dat kneeling at d alter in redeem camp will not work dis time hence d move to placate supposed "christian" south with d design of d new N100 note without Arabic inscriptions.

Merely going for and against it here is victory for this selfish move.

Let's unite, keep our eyes on the ball and usher in leadership that will better the lots of our children's children.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Football Betting: Season 2 / Start Your Own Boxers Business With N5, 000 / Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.