Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? (4798 Views)

"Igbo Guys Are The Real Demons"- Girl Narrates Her Ugly Dating Experience / Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? / Are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
Personally, it seems the really cool chicks I know and have dated are Igbo. I am not. Come to think, all my close female friends are Igbo.

However more times than I care to count, I have heard many non-igbo Nigerian guys say they will not be marrying (dating and marriage are 2 different matters altogether) an Igbo girl, particularly because of the whole Bride-price/heavy list woes that are typical attributed to the igbo tribe.

Too bad NL no longer has a poll. I want the non-igbo guys to give their own opinion and case as to whether this is true.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
we Igbo girls are beyond cool, if they don't wanna marry us..werin concern us? undecided mtchew

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by successking401(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
EroticAngelina:
we Igbo girls are beyond cool, if they don't wanna marry us..werin concern us? undecided mtchew
ezigbo okwu nwanne

4 Likes

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lol u havnt stil told me ur original bride price
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
What is Ibo? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
3cycle:
What is Ibo? undecided

Corrected ma

1 Like

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
OP iwu onye ara! Common sense isn't always common that why you had to create this stupîd thread.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
onye beribe. mtchew
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nextlevel0007(m): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
i don't give a "F" abt the bride price/Money,,, its all abt finding who loves you!! #I Love them(Igbo) girls

1 Like

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by 100Cents: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by 100Cents: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
And for the non IBO boys, there are enough IBO men to marry our ladies..

1 Like

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by yungryce: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
wats all dis about a guy paying for brideprice. here in india, my wife paid for my bride price
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
yungryce:
wats all dis about a guy paying for brideprice. here in india, my wife paid for my bride price

Don't you mean groom price?
Yeah it's customary in Nigeria that it comes from the man, which is okay.

Problem is in certain tribes and families, they tend to take things way too far greed-wise.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
Gini bu nka ugbua? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
100Cents:
And for the non IBO boys, there are enough IBO men to marry our ladies..
100Cents:

Tell your parents and greedy in laws that even IBO boys are tired of extortion during traditional marital rites..
I ain't allowing anybody extort me in the current Nigerian economic circumstances..
undecided
Igbo girls are not for the hungry.

3 Likes

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Deepfreezer(m): 6:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
EroticAngelina:
i swear. We hv snuff igbo guys to marry our ladies oooo.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
3cycle:

undecided

Hunger has little to do with it. Myself and the friends I speak of are blessed...Thank God for that.
It's more of a principle thing.

I grew up mostly outside of Nigeria so maybe this adds to my inability to understand why the excessive barriers placed between 2 people trying to build a life together the right way early under God instead of philandering with themselves and wasting their years in sexual sin. Wealth is built, and it is best built when 2 work together as a team.

No one-man or one-woman company ever succeeds as it should. It needs a team. Wealth doesn't "just happen" (unless you're born rich, but how many of those are there?)". Also as this same wealth comes, the whole family enjoys one way or another. There will be gifts in the future, love, joy, buying parents their own house, etc...these things are trivial things that WILL happen anyway. So why the demand for such things BEFORE the two can start working together the way God intended? Personally I think it's a demonic agenda to keep people single and burning in their lust instead of partnering up earlier.

Also, "hungry" is not just a label for the groom and his family. Some bride families act hungry and give themselves a bad look with the way they treat potential in-laws during pre-nuptial talks.
It is important to uphold a sense of dignity when discussing these matters.

Imagine in a list someone posted here (List #2 out of 4 different lists for the same girl), it entailed a demand for 3 white female underwear by the bride's mother. Now that's just shameless. Some things should be private! The groom might even begin to question just what exactly he is getting himself into, especially when the woman who supposedly loves him is busy supporting the extortion.

In general it boils down to the family, but when only 5% of families from a certain tribe actually behave themselves when it comes to these things, meaning 95% of them act shamelessly... a stereotype is formed. You can't really be mad at others for having that stereotype, because it didn't form itself.

7 Likes

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Airforce1(m): 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
Khalessi:
OP iwu onye ara! Common sense isn't always common that why you had to create this stupîd thread.

so you're igbo

You come dey behave like you're from Somalia
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
100Cents:

Tell your parents and greedy in laws that even IBO boys are tired of extortion during traditional marital rites..

I ain't allowing anybody extort me in the current Nigerian economic circumstances..
u think its only Igbo people that take large sum of money from men? have u married an Igbo girl before? do u marry a girl based on money?? what if u fall inluv with an Igbo girl, and she is wife material, n u wanna spend forever n build a family with her? u will breakup with her bkus if money bah? undecided now u see how stupiid this whole igbo-brideprice thingy sounds smiley its not abt money, its abt love.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
lol u havnt stil told me ur original bride price
lol dear, its not me that'll tell u the amount to pay, its my parent's duty tongue
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lol dear, its not me that'll tell u the amount to pay, its my parent's duty tongue
and if i ask u to gv me ur dad's number now, u wil not giv me... Ok
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
and if i ask u to gv me ur dad's number now, u wil not giv me... Ok
lol why do u need his number?
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
EroticAngelina:
u think its only Igbo people that take large sum of money from men? have u married an Igbo girls before? do u marry a girl based on money?? what if u fall inluv with an Igbo girl, and she is wife material, n u wanna spend forever n build a family with her? u will breakup with her bkus if money bah? undecided now u see how stupiid this whole igbo-brideprice thingy sounds smiley its not abt money, its abt love.

That is very recursive logic.
So let's say the chap is still getting there and doesn't have anywhere near what they are unyieldingly demanding for?
But has enough to take care of the wife day to day as they BUILD together. What then?

You make it seem like "He will break up with her" when it is in-fact her family that actually refuse to let her be with him in a Godly manner.

It is no wonder the average Nigerian outside the border has the unfortunate reputation for scamming and general illegal practices. My people have built around themselves a self-destructive culture of money-worshipping that is bound to turn even the most devout individual to greed. Not even churches are a safe haven from this societal greed!

God help us all

2 Likes

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lol why do u need his number?
haba..is it not u dah said i should ask ur daddy? Lool dnt be scared..i wont tell him abt us...
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
haba..is it not u dah said i should ask ur daddy? Lool dnt be scared..i wont tell him abt us...
US?? lols! there is nothing going on between us o grin but ur rite, I can't give u his number.. I've not even seen u, talk less of giving u his number tongue
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by cheruv: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
the Biafran war has made my nation a net-exporter of women to other Nigerian tribes... to the extent that westerners prefer coming down south for Igbo maidens undecided
anyway I've already started saving for the matter.. kos if my Dad could pay for my mum and they're still going strong, then its a big shame on my part if I can't pay for my wife. kiss
our ladies are virtuous.. that's why you pay a lot on their head grin
biko umuada Igbo anyi nara num mmicha onu nari a !!!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
2buff no need for the epistle, if your friends are living in affluence as claimed, paying a bride price won't be an issue.
If you can't afford it, there're other tribes you and your frnds can marry from.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by 1one: 8:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
Airforce1:

so you're igbo

You come dey behave like you're from Somalia

I was thinking the exact SAME THING

I wonder why I just subliminally thought she was from Somalia

1 Like

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by 1one: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
The only reservation I have about igbo girls especially when it has to do with dating and even more seriously, marriage is that "igbo girls are rude"

As much as I won't like to lend myself to any such stereotype, I can't but just help believing that igbo girls are generically rude... Ofcourse I have some female igbo friends who are cool headed and humble but the majority of them I've had the experience of meeting are rude.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by yungryce: 8:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
2buff:

Don't you mean groom price?
Yeah it's customary in Nigeria that it comes from the man, which is okay.

Problem is in certain tribes and families, they tend to take things way too far greed-wise.
[quote author=2buff post=28254598]

i mean bride's price wink grin grin
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by 100Cents: 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
3cycle:

undecided

I am Igbo.

Do I look hungry ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

This My Brother Is Too Fresh And Cute Choi - Photos / Men Ain't Sh*t!!! / Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.