Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? (4819 Views)

"Igbo Guys Are The Real Demons"- Girl Narrates Her Ugly Dating Experience / Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? / Are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by NeduLuiZ(m): 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
grin
EroticAngelina:
we Igbo girls are beyond cool, if they don't wanna marry us..werin concern us? undecided mtchew
nne u go old ooo
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by tchigofigo(m): 11:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
my

2 Likes

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 23, 2014
yungryce:

Ah I see. So you're the woman in the relationship. cheesy
Crystal grin
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by wordbank(m): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2014
Khalessi:
OP iwu onye ara! Common sense isn't always common that why you had to create this stupîd thread.
Iwu dachiii
Nne Ke way?
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by chimerase2: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2014
Khalessi:
OP iwu onye ara! Common sense isn't always common that why you had to create this stupîd thread.
nne easy grin
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 24, 2014
3cycle:
2buff no need for the epistle, if your friends are living in affluence as claimed, paying a bride price won't be an issue.
If you can't afford it, there're other tribes you and your frnds can marry from.

If you've been listening at all, you'll understand that "Paying a brideprice" isn't the problem.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Studentsvoice: 6:30am On Nov 24, 2014
KUDOz TO ALL IBO BITCHES

I LUV U aLL
Sorry for harsh use of words*No offence*
Was born in Accra city though
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by justmag(m): 6:34am On Nov 24, 2014
What tribe has the lowest bride price?? I have no clue about these things?
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by docsholz(m): 7:21am On Nov 24, 2014
I personally don't find them attractive, then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder

2 Likes

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by yungryce: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2014
2buff:

Ah I see. So you're the woman in the relationship. cheesy
Crystal grin

here in india, i wear d bumshot n she wears d hijab. so who's d man now? tongue tongue [quote author=2buff post=28269522]
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by 2goodbobo(m): 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2014
I am from middle belt and my Wife is Igbo from Abia state. I can boldly tell you that she is the best thing that has ever happened to me and is still happening to me grin.

Right from my secondary, University and Even NYSC days, i dated igbo gurls why? cos i find them amazing,
loving, caring, beutiful and nice. I always said i will marry an Igbo gurl right from the onset even before i
met my wifey. I will marry an igbo girl in the next life sef grin

#GodblessIgbogirls#

1 Like

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by 12spices(m): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
K
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
If I may ask, y all dis noise about Igbo or non Igbo girls?! We r all Nigerians...enough of all dis uncivilized habit/believe, dis 21st century. We ought 2 open a new page n 4get about d old eras. Tribes does not rili matter, we should be after personality n not d other way round sad...As for me tribe isn't a yard stick...background/personality is d bomb angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Ladybluecash(f): 1:52pm On Mar 04, 2015
U tink sey ibo girls na ofe nmanu gals... Ndi egbuwara isi

1 Like

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by docsholz(m): 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
Ladybluecash:
U tink sey ibo girls na ofe nmanu gals... Ndi egbuwara isi
pls don't have children, spare the world another generation of your bloodline

1 Like

Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by itstpia8: 4:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
Who exactly is an Igbo girl, op you need to define the term properly so we know what you mean.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by onechance(m): 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
OP why are shallow minded . You generalize a whole race because of hear say, let me ask you; did your father marry an igbo lady?
did your entire family marry an igbo lady? it will be of your best interest you stop this immature discussion.....
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
onechance:
OP why are shallow minded . You generalize a whole race because of hear say, let me ask you; did your father marry an igbo lady?
did your entire family marry an igbo lady? it will be of your best interest you stop this immature discussion.....

Are you silly?
Lists abound everywhere of heavy Igbo brideprice and list extortion.
Add the expensive wedding to it
Then add the church wedding too.....because no igbo woman wants to hear that she is only doing one wedding.

That's why I like dating cultured black women from other continents. Carribean for example.
In an economy like this people igbo ppl still extorting this much for a man and woman to even BEGIN their life together?
Causing 2 of them to become SOO OLD before they even have a chance of starting a family.

It's not logical. But ofcourse, nothing is logical when it comes to igbo people and filthy lucre.
So they went ahead to form a "culture" around this greed so they can "blame the culture" instead of take responsibility for their own phucking actions.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Gurgle(f): 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
ebonflex:

Are you silly?
Lists abound everywhere of heavy Igbo brideprice and list extortion.
Add the expensive wedding to it
Then add the church wedding too.....because no woman wants to hear that she is only doing one wedding.

That's why I like dating cultured black women from other continents. Carribean for example.
In an economy like this people igbo ppl still extorting this much for a man and woman to even BEGIN their life together?
Causing 2 of them to become SOO OLD before they even have a chance of starting a family.

Africans are phucking retarded.

I don't think its as bad as that

first of all not all women are interested in the church wedding or expensive, extravagant traditional marriage

secondly Igbo traditions vary from village to village, not all are extortionate although some are

thirdly it depends on the family you are dealing with. some people will try their best to accommodate the grooms circumstances

and besides most women will help the guy to pay or at least try to pull their weight after the marriage

if somebody doesn't want to marry they should just say so instead of giving off flimsy excuses! if the guy I planned to marry complained like half of the guys on these threads I would really be offended
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
Gurgle:

I don't think its as bad as that

first of all not all women are interested in the church wedding or expensive, extravagant traditional marriage

secondly Igbo traditions vary from village to village, not all are extortionate although some are

thirdly it depends on the family you are dealing with. some people will try their best to accommodate the grooms circumstances

and besides most women will help the guy to pay or at least try to pull their weight after the marriage

if somebody doesn't want to marry they should just say so instead of giving off flimsy excuses! if the guy I planned to marry complained like half of the guys on these threads I would really be offended

But why would you be offended?
That he refused to buy you? Because you are for sale bah?
All what you have said about "besides most women will help the guy..." is only sweet to the ear.
The realities of "woman helping man financially" are for more harsher and, in certain aspects, impossible as the girl too is struggling.
We're not even talking about the no-doubt latent disrespect that builds when a woman has to help a man financially.

Going back to the previous one, We have not added "honeymoon" to it too, because african woman wants heaven and earth of modern and cultural worlds before they will say they have married.

Now tell me why the man will not stab her multiple times if she ever makes the filthy mistake of cheating?
Tell me why he won't come home and ask you why there is no food on the table even if you too are just coming from work?
You allowed yourself to be sold into one slavery that you think was a marriage.

Abeg, guys if you must marry black...branch out O.
Ridiculously beautiful and cultured carribean girls dey. The world is too big for that igbo crap.
Don't throw away your children's future on pointless traditions that do nothing but impress people you will never care to see ever again.

When they see we are no longer doing again, nobody will have to tell them to adjust to the times.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Gurgle(f): 11:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
ebonflex:

But why would you be offended?
That he refused to buy you? Because you are for sale bah?
All what you have said about "besides most women will help the guy..." is only sweet to the ear.
The realities of "woman helping man financially" are for more harsher and, in certain aspects, impossible as the girl too is struggling.
We're not even talking about the no-doubt latent disrespect that builds when a woman has to help a man financially.

Going back to the previous one, We have not added "honeymoon" to it too, because african woman wants heaven and earth of modern and cultural worlds before they will say they have married.

Now tell me why the man will not stab her multiple times if she ever makes the filthy mistake of cheating?
Tell me why he won't come home and ask you why there is no food on the table even if you too are just coming from work?
You allowed yourself to be sold into one slavery that you think was a marriage.

Abeg, guys if you must marry black...branch out O.
Ridiculously beautiful and cultured carribean girls dey. The world is too big for that igbo crap.
Don't throw away your children's future on pointless traditions that do nothing but impress people you will never care to see ever again.

When they see we are no longer doing again, nobody will have to tell them to adjust to the times.

Ok

but do you acknowledge my first 2 points

its not about buying or selling, its about the fact that he was willing to sacrifice to get me. all those things are trials set in place to make the guy value what he has

wives support their husbands financially all the time, its only some people that make it into a problem

going back, not all women want an expensive honeymoons either. Don't know which women you are coming into contact with or why you sound so pained

If a guy can stab a woman for any reason he will do it whether he paid an extortionate bride-price or not. But I just finished paying the deposit on our house, so why did you cheat. I just paid for your mother to visit Jerusalem, so why did you cheat. even if he has only spend #2000 on the woman it would be 2000 enough to constitute a stabable offence

asking why theres no food on the table when I just came from work is a selfish behavior on the mans part that doesn't stem from the fact that he paid an extortionate bride price. I know people who do that whose wives' bride prices were less than the computer I am typing on

if you are marrying in a particular way to impress faceless people you already have a problem which is nothing to do with bride-price

I don't understand why you are categorizing all Igbo traditions as the same when it is widely acknowledged that Igbos are extremely decentralized and have very particular ways of doing things in their individual clans.

as I said, if you don't want to marry just say so. Caribbeans are indeed extremely beautiful and cultured, so carry go
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok

but do you acknowledge my first 2 points

its not about buying or selling, its about the fact that he was willing to sacrifice to get me. all those things are trials set in place to make the guy value what he has

wives support their husbands financially all the time, its only some people that make it into a problem

going back, not all women want an expensive honeymoons either. Don't know which women you are coming into contact with or why you sound so pained

If a guy can stab a woman for any reason he will do it whether he paid an extortionate bride-price or not. But I just finished paying the deposit on our house, so why did you cheat. I just paid for your mother to visit Jerusalem, so why did you cheat. even if he has only spend #2000 on the woman it would be 2000 enough to constitute a stabable offence

asking why theres no food on the table when I just came from work is a selfish behavior on the mans part that doesn't stem from the fact that he paid an extortionate bride price. I know people who do that whose wives' bride prices were less than the computer I am typing on

if you are marrying in a particular way to impress faceless people you already have a problem which is nothing to do with bride-price

I don't understand why you are categorizing all Igbo traditions as the same when it is widely acknowledged that Igbos are extremely decentralized and have very particular ways of doing things in their individual clans.

as I said, if you don't want to marry just say so. Caribbeans are indeed extremely beautiful and cultured, so carry go

My sis, no vex but...
The very nature of these enforced traditions and heavy marriage lists are done to impress people, which you are supporting by advocating them, so hence YOU are the one supporting "marrying to impress people" not me. Your logic is circular and therefore invalid.

Well I guess if we are going to be alpha, omega and judge of others, then it is only fair that the grooms family also sets "trials" in place to make the woman value what she has (because I'm sure we can both agree that valueing should not be a one-way thing)....but I'm sure that is when you will see igbo women (and any other extortionist tribe) complain and whine about how "unfair" that would be....yet this is the stuff they demand others do.

Quoting THE greatest man that ever lived: "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you".

I think I'm just wasting my time talking though.
The average igbo is far too selfish to understand these higher concepts of humanistic balance.

You lot are also reared from birth to be unable to conceive the notion that value can exist in any other form besides the material.
It is your way.....your "culture".

You are all best left with it.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Gurgle(f): 5:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
ebonflex:

My sis, no vex but...
The very nature of these enforced traditions and heavy marriage lists are done to impress people, which you are supporting by advocating them, so hence YOU are the one supporting "marrying to impress people" not me. Your logic is circular and therefore invalid.

Well I guess if we are going to be alpha, omega and judge of others, then it is only fair that the grooms family also sets "trials" in place to make the woman value what she has (because I'm sure we can both agree that valueing should not be a one-way thing)....but I'm sure that is when you will see igbo women (and any other extortionist tribe) complain and whine about how "unfair" that would be....yet this is the stuff they demand others do.

Quoting THE greatest man that ever lived: "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you".

I think I'm just wasting my time talking though.
The average igbo is far too selfish to understand these higher concepts of humanistic balance.

You lot are also reared from birth to be unable to conceive the notion that value can exist in any other form besides the material.
It is your way.....your "culture".

You are all best left with it.

The thing is that youre not acknowledging what im saying so I cant really see where to debate with you again

I have said that not all bride-prices are extortionate but youre still going down that line

Women have to go a stay in the guys place, which is a massive trial
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 3:59am On Aug 08, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok wait I haven't eaten, am coming

My sis, you never chop finish? grin
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Gurgle(f): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2015
ebonflex:

My sis, you never chop finish? grin

Lol, you don't understand
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
Gurgle:

Lol, you don't understand
That is the only thing blind backers of tradition can ever say when met with irrefutable logic.
Again, wrong as it is... it is what you were born, raised and nurtured to believe so no amount of sound logic will change that.

And why would you? All the tradition does is enforce upon others to give you maximum benefits (oriaku, ego xxxx, etc) much to their expense and never to yours. Who no like free money? cheesy
It simply falls on these "others" to get sense and avoid you people entirely.
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Gurgle(f): 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
ebonflex:

That is the only thing blind backers of tradition can ever say when met with irrefutable logic.
Again, wrong as it is... it is what you were born, raised and nurtured to believe so no amount of sound logic will change that.

And why would you? All the tradition does is enforce upon others to give you maximum benefits (oriaku, ego xxxx, etc) to their expense and not yours. Who no like free money? cheesy
It simply falls on these "others" to get sense and avoid you people entirely.

Ok ebonflex its modified
Re: Non-Igbo Guys: Do You Avoid Marrying Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 2:46am On Aug 11, 2015
Gurgle:

The thing is that youre not acknowledging what im saying so I cant really see where to debate with you again

I have said that not all bride-prices are extortionate but youre still going down that line

Women have to go a stay in the guys place, which is a massive trial

Then I'm obviously talking about the extortionate ones (is it only Imo?).
And just so you realize, you also supported the extortionate ones by proxy when you were claiming it to be a test (one designed to sha-sha leave the guy with a lighter bank account after someone from her village opens a shop on your head).

Which just goes to support my point that deep down, to condone this sort of "test"... igbo girls find it more difficult than other tribes to love a man for who he is without looking at his pocket. They wouldn't want a man who will fail her tribe's "tests" because at the end of the day, that is all her tribe considers a man to be...an ATM.

Even in this obodo-oyinbo where I dey, when it comes to naija girls... When I was still up and coming (aka struggling) the only girls that had a brotha's back were my yoruba sistas (and most other tribes). Those babes are awesome and love for love's sake regardless of what you're dealing with.
Igbo babes on the other hand... they be feeling one at first.... but as soon as they realize the temporal situation.... the way they quickly erase guyman commot life ehn?...lol it was brutal but funny.

And it's not like "Well you only met like 2 or 3" no I went round over 15 of them (I even remember their names)...and every single one changed attitude as soon as it was evident that I had my challenges (like any other guy at that time of his life). It was like clockwork with them. Infact, if I wanted to get rid of an igbo girl who was always on my neck, all I had to do was show her where I Lived and she would eventually slither away in a matter of days lol!! Thank God levels have long-since changed as I type this right now from my lake-view apartment.

Look, these stereotypes don't come from no-where. They don't form themselves.
It takes a high level of maturity to accept certain things about your people. Not everything needs to be defended.
For example, if people tell me "Edo people too dey do witch", I actually agree! Because guess what, especially for the more rural-folk, it's true!! In fact, That's why I don't need to know the road to my village...ever cheesy

So what I'm saying is; I do not blame these females, it's just that THEY KNOW their culture and how there is no such thing as "both of you start-up & build together". No that dude already needs to be semi-competing with Dangote before he is ready to work with the girl. And she does the math that "if this nigga is still at this level, he won't be ready by the time I am XX yrs old, so I won't even bother with him". Y'all just need to start being mature enough to acknowledge and accept these problems instead of the typical knee-jerk denial response that leaves you in willful ignorance of the bleeding facts. Because it doesn't sound sweet in the ear doesn't make it a lie.

Also concerning these notorious igbo tribes...the usual retarded statement that gets thrown up is "If what you are saying is true then how are the okada drivers marrying there?".
This is (like most igbotic logic concerning these things) invalid because these guys are often ndi-igbo themselves. We all know there is obviously less empathy when dealing with suitors from other tribes.
Secondly, you really think an okada rider and a guy who lives abroad (regardless of how well he is doing) is going to get the same list?

Putting it all together, it just makes financial sense for a guy from another tribe, living abroad...WHO HAS GOOD OPTIONS (which he always will)...to consider those other options well before entering long things with an igbo girl (at least the ones from notoriously hungry villages).
Those girls are best left to their fellow ndi-igbo males who were sewn from the same cloth of igbotic logic that is madness to everyone else.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Proper For A Lady To Ask A Guy Out On Social Media / 5 Reasons Why You Should Marry A Yoruba Lady: photos / Nairaland. ... My Baby Has Come! Name Chosen On NL.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.