Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? (33943 Views)

"Igbo Guys Are The Real Demons"- Girl Narrates Her Ugly Dating Experience / 7 Reasons Why Your Long Time Boyfriend Will Never Marry You / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by dontjealousme: 8:35am On Oct 15, 2013
I have noticed that igbo men find it very difficult to marry yoruba women. Could it be that the difficulty stems from the negative image given to yoruba women by yoruba men.

Even when very few igbo women get married to yoruba men, igbo men still will not marry the children from such union becos they consider them yorubas. What is the cause? Here is a post from a yoruba nairalander about yoruba women that i read recently.

https://www.nairaland.com/560076/sick-n-tired-yoruba-girls

Am Sick N Tired Of Yoruba Girls by malu-brain: 3:41am On Dec 01, 2010
first off am Yoruba and have 4 brothers and no sister. I swear never to marry anybody but yoruba girls but they disapoint me. I dated Edo, calabar, Fulani, Ibo and life was good till i met my yoruba women.

1 they always fighting or looking to fight you yo

2 they cant keep hygiene uptite and one foul smell or another offensive odor must be coming from them. I don't know why it is only yoruba women that stinks like putrid milk.

3 they all have ugly monkey face. why god make we yoruba guys look finer and better and smarter than our women suprise me. only 1 out of every 25 yoruba girls looks good compared to Bini, Ibo, Hausa, Calabar girls.

4 they get yansh but the yansh is never clean. whats the use of a dirty yansh.

5 so dont blame me for saying goodbye to yoruba girls. insha Allah, I will find a good muslim Edo, Ibo or Fulani girl and bless her life by marying her.

To all my Yoruba women wey go wan vex for me i say malu-brain o mo eeyan ri . E wa ibi gba! angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by mascot87(m): 8:45am On Oct 15, 2013
That's your problem,good for you
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 15, 2013
Ermmmmm the only problem I know of is the cultural difference thing. Now, besides that, we see more of intercultural marriages these days.there is ugly in every culture,beauty in every culture, dirty in every culture etc. Am a product of an intercultural marriage yoruba mum igbo dad. So once people can start to get past this my
" culture is the best mentality" we would have more intercultural marriages

10 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 15, 2013
Endless reasons...Igbo ladies are superb cooks, they are very jealous and protective of their husbands, they are good mothers, they love our culture, plus they are just incredibly sexy and pretty in our traditional attire especially during traditional marriage ceremonies. cheesy
*abeg i no follow for this tribal dissing o* modified

10 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by jmoore(m): 9:16am On Oct 15, 2013
The last time I checked Omotola Jalade is yoruba and looks charming.
One of the psquare brothers will be getting married to a yoruba woman.
There are many marriages between igbos and yorubas.

Stop whining...

13 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by JameyMaxwell(m): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2013
jmoore: The last time I checked Omotola Jalade is yoruba and looks charming.
One of the psquare brothers will be getting married to a yoruba women.

Stop whining...
Leave diz OP jhooor.
@OP, wat do yhu know, yhu mite end up wif a yoruba woman later in life.
Who knowz
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 15, 2013
Dirtiness exist in every culture and tribe. Igbos should stop this archaic strategy of name calling to tarnish other tribe especially when those tribes keep prospering.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2013
The major challenges in inter-tribal marriage are cultural difference, language issue, food and belief.

There are lots of classical looking Yoruba girls...just as there are lots of them in other tribes, though many ppl have said Igbos seem to have more, so I can't dispute that, but doesn't mean there aren't no pretty, neat and classy Yoruba girls, of course there are thousands of them out there.

On the contrary, Igbo guys love marrying Yoruba girls but family most times don't support it and the yoruba ladies that were married to igbo men in the past contributed negatively, how?

First, one of my elder brothers married a yoruba, another wanted to but family said hell no due to the attitude of the first.

Most Yoruba girls hardly agree to accompany their Igbo husbands to their villages during festive periods, and even when they agree to go, they hardly mix up and always isolate themselves feeling cheated, which sends wrong signal to upcoming young men never to try again.

In Igbo land, extended family relationship is part of our culture, and most times a yoruba lady married to an igbo man hardly accept this, but will be acting up and chasing the husband's extended family away, which is where cultural difference comes into play, we can't blame her cos its not her culture.

Most yoruba girls even after marrying an igbo man refuse to learn igbo dialect or hardly speak it, hence they feel cheated when their husband speak igbo with his family members thinking they are talking against her.

I don't believe modern, educated yoruba ladies are dirty, that's fallacy.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2013
No sane, educated and enlightened woman fights publicly, whether yoruba, igbo or hausa.

In fact, when it comes to dating, Igbo guys prefer Yoruba ladies to Igbo ladies for the following reasons:

1. Yoruba ladies aren't so materialistic or money-conscious, the ones that are now just learnt it from nollywood and mixing up in school, etc.

They love freely and genuinely unlike Igbo ladies who often attach material and monetary gain or profit to their relationship or date, though not all.

But then, an igbo lady loves more the moment u marry her. In fact, as soon as u marry an igbo lady, she will throw away most of her bad attitudes and focus on her marriages, and this is one of the numerous reasons igbo guys prefer them to other tribes when it comes to marriage.

2. Yoruba ladies are more easy to control, they are very humble and respectful to their man, I think it has to do with the yoruba culture, unlike igbo ladies that are most times arrogant, disrespectful and pompous, courtesy of igbo tradition.

But then, Igbo ladies respect marriage institution so much more than any other tribe...I may be wrong, but research has proven this.

Igbo women started divorcing their husbands of recent, in the past, they rather endure in pains while waiting for their children to grow than divorce.

This made igbo guys to prefer igbo ladies to most other tribes when it comes to marriage, but I learnt that things have changed nowadays.

Lastly, igbo people hate oily foods, especially in soup, while yorubas love more oil in their soup and stew, hence, when an igbo guy marries a yoruba lady, he may not enjoy those igbo meals he usually enjoy, hence, most igbo guys avoid marrying yoruba lady for fear of not eating right.

Plus other food differences...

So in all, it is culture, language barrier, food differences that's stopping most igbo guys from marrying yoruba ladies, not becos yoruba ladies aren't pretty or are dirty, that's pure fallacy.

Hygiene and looks has to do with individual rather than tribe.

15 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 15, 2013
tomorrow you will say its the hausa/fulani dat are dirty.

no child will ever say in public that his mother's soup is not sweet.
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Obinoscopy(m): 11:01am On Oct 15, 2013
I'm Igbo, but I am more afraid to marry an Igbo lady because I've been made to believe they are materialistic (if that word even exists grin)

However I may end up marrying an Igbo damsel who's from my village or one which is nearby. Village propinquity is of prime importance in my marital sojourn quest.

Call me a primitive guy; I won't argue with you on that because you're probably right.
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by constance500: 11:03am On Oct 15, 2013

Stop whining...
Bro God bless u... Abeg wetin make fashola deport d igbos... Op u need cane... 6 strokes
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2013
Obinoscopy: I'm Igbo, but I am more afraid to marry an Igbo lady because I've been made to believe they are materialistic (if that word even exists grin)

However I may end up marrying an Igbo damsel who's from my village or one which is nearby. Village propinquity is of prime importance in my marital sojourn quest.

Call me a primitive guy; I won't argue with you on that because you're probably right.
you cant expect men from a tribe dat prefer to marry from their own clan (and not from another clan in thesame tribe) to marry from another tribe especially the one their uncles told them was the reason they lost the biafra war.

How can they want to marry them when they have been indoctrinated to call them names like Yoruba which is a silly way to revenge for a lost war.

Well, the wise ones are building bridges and having happy homes.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2013
^^^Who edited my post? angry
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Dahbutter(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2013
Isn't it funny op that despite all this more yoruba ladies are getting legally married daily than a lot of other tribes especially igbos?

U might have to do a naija marriage registry research to confirm this.

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nomski0(f): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2013
They day tribal discrimination stops in Nigeria, is the day i cease to be a Nigerian. Y'll cant do without it. Smh for you Op.undecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2013
Dahbutter: Isn't it funny op that despite all this more yoruba ladies are getting legally married daily than a lot of other tribes especially igbos?

...and they do their weddings in huge mega auditoriums with attending guests all putting thesame kind of attire dat is expensive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by spamvisa(m): 11:51am On Oct 15, 2013

Stop whining...

Why do u Yoruba people always name Omotola whenever the issue of beauty comes up. Which really means that they are just few.

13 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
Whtz dizz nah...

Shoo..must u peepz bring tribe or religion into anytin
Diz ibos are deadly oo..am gona abstain frm ur galz nw..
To hell...gona form my own country veri soon..

@republic of waffi..

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Ronsrichard(m): 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
Can you people stop this please! Are you clean? When was the last time you clean you Nyash with water?

Kettle calling pot black

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

I Still Want To Marry Her. I Love Her So Much- Man Stabbed By Fiancée In Plateau / Should I Tell Him About His Cheating Girlfriend??(confuse) / Men, 7 Ways To Keep Your Woman Glued To You During Recession Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.