Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,025 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Male Advice Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Male Advice Needed (4903 Views)

Advice Needed! How Do I Help My Partner?? / How Do I Make Her Understand. Advice Needed / My wife Or her friend who should I consider 1st? pls matured advice needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 6:00am On Nov 25, 2014
Say you were dating this girl, you have a misunderstanding she gets angry and dumps you. You fight about that and eventually make up because of the connection you have with each other. Subsequently, nothing goes right you break up and make up every two weeks. You fight about nothing really and it seems that the first fight and breakup is the cause because somehow your fights come back to that (as in the hurt and instability it brought) but you are still attracted to each other. By the way the fights never happen when you are together they always happen when you are apart. In each others presence you bring each other peace but the fights are so volatile you eventually grow tired of them. He starts pulling back, acting shady, lying and goes for weeks without calling. Hurt, she tells him she's not going to chase him and when he stops calling so does she. After sometime she decides this is all childish and tells him maybe it's time they deleted each other from each others lives. He gets angry, another fight breaks out (this is over the phone) she calls him bad rubbish and they never speak again.

Questions: if 3 months go by and he never tries to contact her again does that mean he's over her and doesn't want her back? What are the chances he misses her? If you were him, would you take her back if she came to you? Is it a good idea for her to make the first move or will take her for granted if she does?
Re: Male Advice Needed by pasqal09: 6:28am On Nov 25, 2014
The relationship is practically over, why do you wanna go back to him when its obvious you guys will just end up fighting and making up?
Re: Male Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 25, 2014
Your question to me is baseless, inconsequential and disappointing.

What is this?

Questions: if 3 months go by and he never tries to contact her again does that mean he's over her and doesn't want her back? What are the
chances he misses her? If you were him, would you take her back if she came to you? Is it a good idea for her to make the first move or will
take her for granted if she does?

He is over her. For three months?
He doesn't want her back. He lies and and acts insensitive.
He doesn't miss her. He would have called to hear your voice.
Not wise to go back to him. He will just use you as napkin.
First move after three months? Yes she will look desperate and perhaps haven't found a better dude.

Disclaimer:
What I have said may not be totally correct as I am not in his heart and mind.
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 7:53am On Nov 25, 2014
Yeah, I actually know you both right. Guess I'm just missing the good times sad
@ pasqal: yep, definitely we are going to end up fighting
Re: Male Advice Needed by nobilis: 9:24am On Nov 25, 2014
That you guys drifted apart and for 3 months, none of you bothered to contact each other doesn't mean the relationship is dead. No! On the contrary, it means you guys put your pride and ego first and ahead of your relationship.

Every relationship that is coming to an end, should always have a sense of closure to it. So that things can be straightforward to avoid emotional and psychological complications and entanglements later.

So if u really wanna end it, call your lover and u guys should officially break up so that it will be crystal clear to both of you. But if your relationship is worth salvaging, then call up ur partner and try to talk things over. From what u said, it seems u guys never resolved d issue that led to the very first fight. So I think u guys should sit down and get to the root of that matter.
Re: Male Advice Needed by chimerase2: 9:29am On Nov 25, 2014
Op re u a HE or a SHE
Or none of the above listed lipsrsealed
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 9:58am On Nov 25, 2014
chimerase2:
Op re u a HE or a SHE
Or none of the above listed lipsrsealed

Lol! I'm a hermaphrodite. Does it matter?
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 10:11am On Nov 25, 2014
nobilis:
That you guys drifted apart and for 3 months, none of you bothered to contact each other doesn't mean the relationship is dead. No! On the contrary, it means you guys put your pride and ego first and ahead of your relationship.

Every relationship that is coming to an end, should always have a sense of closure to it. So that things can be straightforward to avoid emotional and psychological complications and entanglements later.

So if u really wanna end it, call your lover and u guys should officially break up so that it will be crystal clear to both of you. But if your relationship is worth salvaging, then call up ur partner and try to talk things over. From what u said, it seems u guys never resolved d issue that led to the very first fight. So I think u guys should sit down and get to the root of that matter.

I still love him and miss him a lot and it feels like I gave up too easily/took the easy way. But the thing is we just fought so much about stupid nothings and the fights were quite bad so that makes me wonder if we were meant to be but when we are together the attraction and chemistry is very strong. Yes, near the end he started acting shady but I've never had to wonder about him or worry about things like cheating and always responded to my texts and calls immediately. But you are right about the pride and ego. It always felt like we were in a power struggle.
Re: Male Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
DieeDiee:

I still love him and miss him a lot and it feels like I gave up too easily/took the easy way. But the thing is we just fought so much about stupid nothings and the fights were quite bad so that makes me wonder if we were meant to be but when we are together the attraction and chemistry is very strong. Yes, near the end he started acting shady but I've never had to wonder about him or worry about things like cheating and always responded to my texts and calls immediately. But you are right about the pride and ego. It always felt like we were in a power struggle.

This is What happens when the internet takes over natural human physical interaction, problems are bound to occur because humans aren't naturally made to interact without seeing each other physically.
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
Dapo777:

This is What happens when the internet takes over natural human physical interaction, problems are bound to occur because humans aren't naturally made to interact without seeing each other physically.

Lol... What problems now? You talking about the other topic?
Re: Male Advice Needed by kenrish2(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
u know him better, if u know u can't do without him then call him it might be DAT u offended him and u are the one to apologize

but be very careful he might just end up toiling with ur heart again
Re: Male Advice Needed by passionate88: 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2014
Do you check out his fb page?. Call his line with a hidden number?.
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
passionate88:
Do you check out his fb page?. Call his line with a hidden number?.

LMAO!!! Noooooo... Lol! I'm not on fb, twitter or instagram (I like my privacy) but I do check his Whatsapp status and everyday he chats till midnight. Wonder who he's been chatting to
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
kenrish2:

but be very careful he might just end up toiling with ur heart again

That's what I'm afraid of sad
Re: Male Advice Needed by Exjoker(m): 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
The relationship is under a spiritual attack
Re: Male Advice Needed by kenrish2(m): 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
DieeDiee:

That's what I'm afraid of sad

there is a way we guys behave, once a girl call after such a long tym we always feel we are untop an he will never tell u he wants to break up with u he will always want the relationship to go on again so he can play with ur heart over an over again, so girl face d truth let him go if he still loves u let him do the calling
Re: Male Advice Needed by Afrok(m): 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
If comprehension were like this, I would've being failing English language exams from day 1 .
Re: Male Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
If it isn't too much to ask , may we know why you dumped him in the first place ( what caused the fight and why you took that irrational path ).

1 Like

Re: Male Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
DieeDiee:

Lol... What problems now? You talking about the other topic?

This problem you are having with your bf
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
neoapocalypse:
If it isn't too much to ask , may we know why you dumped him in the first place ( what caused the fight and why you took that irrational path ).

I'm actually embarrassed to tell you (lol)... On a Friday he went out with his friends to his friend's birthday party. He called me that afternoon to tell me where and what they were going to be doing but while we were talking someone interrupted him and he said he'll call me back and he didn't. On Saturday we were meant to spend the whole day together and he didn't show up or call so I got really mad and on Sunday I wrote him a 2500 word (he counted - lolest!) letter dumping him. He got angry and called me immediately and we fought about the letter for about a week before we made up. I really tried to make things right but somehow if more than 2 days went by without seeing each other we would start fighting over the phone about stupid things. And he would accuse me of starting the fight then he always brings up the letter. I don't know how many times I've apologised for the letter. But I think one of my mistakes was always apologising, I only did it because I wanted the fight to stop. And oh, he also used to tell me he believes me but doesn't trust me.
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 8:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
Afrok:
If comprehension were like this, I would've being failing English language exams from day 1 .

You are air
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
Exjoker:
The relationship is under a spiritual attack

I think so too. The devil made me do it.
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
Thanks y'all for being mature (with the exception of air over there) you've helped me make a firm decision. I'm going to close the chapter.

Sooooo... Anyone looking for a gf? (Kidding)
Re: Male Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
DieeDiee:
Thanks y'all for being mature (with the exception of air over there) you've helped me make a firm decision. I'm going to close the chapter.

Sooooo... Anyone looking for a gf? (Kidding)

wink specifications please
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
Dapo777:

wink specifications please

Lol!!! Tall, dark and handsome with a car and job. Applications must accompanied with 3-months bank statement. Applications without bank statement shall be rejected without being reviewed :p
Re: Male Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
DieeDiee:

Lol!!! Tall, dark and handsome with a car and job. Applications must accompanied with 3-months bank statement. Applications without bank statement shall be rejected without being reviewed :p

Am talking about you. What are your physical qualities
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
Dapo777:

Am talking about you. What are your physical qualities

Oh! Let's see...

Kim K body, Halle Berry complexion, Angelina Jolie lips, natural hair and average height
Re: Male Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
DieeDiee:

Oh! Let's see...

Kim K body, Halle Berry complexion, Angelina Jolie lips, natural hair and average height

shocked are you serious?

Wow u are a good catch Then. How do I contact you?
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
Dapo777:

shocked are you serious?

Wow u are a good catch Then. How do I contact you?

Photo, proof of a job and 3 month bank statement first please

Ps thank you cheesy
Re: Male Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
DieeDiee:

Photo, proof of a job and 3 month bank statement first please

Ps thank you cheesy

I see angry
Re: Male Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
Babe just move on. The guy did the right thing to have left,your feeling for him wasnt deep,if not,you wont have let go the first instance.
When a gal feel deep emotions for a guy,she wont let go,even,if the guy were a Jerk.
Its best to be alone for now,another guy will come.

2 Likes

Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 4:28am On Nov 26, 2014
You know I think the letter and the fights were an excuse. I don't think he ever forgave me for laughing the first time he told me he loves me. I think that's when the problem actually began.
@samisparkle: I didn't just leave. I tried and I got tired of the cycle. My staying also made him take me for granted I think.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

♥Guys Please Don't Marry If U Can't Fulfil This Requirements!♥ / Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? / Ladies, Can You Date A Guy That Lives In This Kind Of House? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.