Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,263 members, 7,839,327 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Male Advice Needed - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Male Advice Needed (4922 Views)

Advice Needed! How Do I Help My Partner?? / How Do I Make Her Understand. Advice Needed / My wife Or her friend who should I consider 1st? pls matured advice needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Advice Needed by Lexxybooy(m): 8:33am On Nov 26, 2014
DieeDiee:
You know I think the letter and the fights were an excuse. I don't think he ever forgave me for laughing the first time he told me he loves me. I think that's when the problem actually began.
@samisparkle: I didn't just leave. I tried and I got tired of the cycle. My staying also made him take me for granted I think.
Its a dead relationship! As in a very dead one! It was kindaf a childish one &ego. Its filled with BITTERNESS, which is alwayz difficult to let go! No matter how hard u try,u will always end up fighting and remembering eachodaz mistakes!(Talking from experience). Just move on, forget about him and i think the best thing to do is to move on,get another cool dude! And learn from ur mistakes to make u a better gf....e.g! From my observation, 1)take away ego. 2)learn to be patient; Always allow his to tell u the reason for his actions b4 making decisions or accusing him... (NOTE: i mean for ur next bf). Find joy somewhere proper!
Re: Male Advice Needed by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:36am On Nov 26, 2014
Drama.
Re: Male Advice Needed by numericalguy(m): 11:42am On Nov 26, 2014
OP, I think you are the cause of your problems with your head in the skies and your foolish ego. You are always in a power struggle with because you don't have any respect for him and you probably feel you are too good for him which is why you laughed at him when he was asking you out.
You probably dumbed him because some other dudes where chycking you, now that you have seen that not all that glitters is gold, you now want him back. What happended in the 3months your were seperated.

2 Likes

Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
numericalguy:
OP, I think you are the cause of your problems with your head in the skies and your foolish ego. You are always in a power struggle with because you don't have any respect for him and you probably feel you are too good for him which is why you laughed at him when he was asking you out.
You probably dumbed him because some other dudes where chycking you, now that you have seen that not all that glitters is gold, you now want him back. What happended in the 3months your were seperated.

I have an ego problem? Okay if that's your assessment then I can take it. But may I ask why you think I have an ego?

To clarify, I did respect him, I never felt I'm too good for him (maybe he just couldn't believe his luck), there were no other men (but he probably didn't believe me). The power struggle was because he wanted me to bend to him and whenever I made relationship decisions he acted as if I'm trying to control him when I wasn't. All I was doing was making decisions he wasn't making. If you are my bf and you are not making decisions or driving the r/ship then I will because someone has to.

I laughed when he told me he loves me because when he said it we had only known each other for 48hrs. Oh, by the way he had his own issues as well. I'm South African and he is a foreigner so he had some self-esteem - hostile - complex too.

Nothing happened I just miss him sad
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lexxybooy:
Its a dead relationship! As in a very dead one! It was kindaf a childish one &ego. Its filled with BITTERNESS, which is alwayz difficult to let go! No matter how hard u try,u will always end up fighting and remembering eachodaz mistakes!(Talking from experience). Just move on, forget about him and i think the best thing to do is to move on,get another cool dude! And learn from ur mistakes to make u a better gf....e.g! From my observation, 1)take away ego. 2)learn to be patient; Always allow his to tell u the reason for his actions b4 making decisions or accusing him... (NOTE: i mean for ur next bf). Find joy somewhere proper!

Was I the childish one? Advice noted and shall be considered
Re: Male Advice Needed by Gelco(f): 2:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
Damn! This is so close to home. Three whole months? Babe forget about him! He ain't worth it.

Peepz here talking about op having a big ego, wth? Like she should be the only one tryna make it work? A relationship is supposed to be about two people not just one person always tryna make it work.

It's just to make a closure.

1 Like

Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gelco:
Damn! This is so close to home. Three whole months? Babe forget about him! He ain't worth it.

Peepz here talking about op having a big ego, wth? Like she should be the only one tryna make it work? A relationship is supposed to be about two people not just one person always tryna make it work.

YAY!!! Was starting to believe I probably some deep issues I'm not aware of. Thank you.
Re: Male Advice Needed by Lexxybooy(m): 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
DieeDiee:

Was I the childish one? Advice noted and shall be considered
both of u! Childish (as in not mature) in d relationship.
Re: Male Advice Needed by numericalguy(m): 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
DieeDiee:

YAY!!! Was starting to believe I probably some deep issues I'm not aware of. Thank you.

Sorry to be the party pooper here but I refuse to join in the league of those helping you to throw your boyfriend under the bus.
You really do have an ego problem which is why you feel you have to win each and every silly argument which lead to unnesesary quarels.
You also feel he's sooooo "lucky" to have you. Your head is in the skies and I would advice you get off your high horse if not because of this relationship, at least for the next one you might have in case this one doesn't work out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
numericalguy:

You really do have an ego problem which is why you feel you have to win each and every silly argument which lead to unnesesary quarels.
You also feel he's sooooo "lucky" to have you.

I don't get you... You keep saying my head is in the sky. How?

I also don't understand why you thing I have an ego problem what did I do? I never felt the need to win the arguments. Did you not see I said I think I weakened my position because I used to apologise all the time because I wanted the fighting to stop. How is that egotistical?

I never said he was lucky to have me. I said MAYBE HE FELT he was lucky. His friends used to tell him I'm hot and he called me "damn beautiful". Even though people walk up to me and tell me I'm beautiful and sexy everyday I've never used my "beauty" against him. The reason I said maybe HE felt lucky is because of my exes. After a while they couldn't handle the attention I get and they started feeling inferior and scared some guy better and richer than them is going to come along. And I never feel they are lucky to have me.
Re: Male Advice Needed by onegig(m): 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
cool

Withdraw my post
Re: Male Advice Needed by Fembleez1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
I have interest in this topic!

OP,....tho am sorry to say 'I agree with those who said you have ego' cry

I have a gf just like u,dun lemme say same character or even worst than yours but we had to work things out,it was applicable to both parties,so it worked!!,..........it z not easy tho,but the grace of God and humility was/is sufficient!!!
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
Fembleez1:
I have interest in this topic!

OP,....tho am sorry to say 'I agree with those who said you have ego' cry

I have a gf just like u,dun lemme say same character or even worst than yours but we had to work things out,it was applicable to both parties,so it worked!!,..........it z not easy tho,but the grace of God and humility was/is sufficient!!!

What ego? I really don't understand what have I done or said that was egotistical? And why am I to shoulder all the blame? What about him and his disappearing acts?? And guys don't forget the reason we broke up the first time is because HE stood me up without a word. And HE is the one who starts the fights. And they really were stupid fights. Like this one time I called him and asked him to meet me somewhere (I wanted to treat him). Just because he didn't know the place he decided I'm controlling, started a fight and refused to meet me there.
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
By the way people he's also dumped me before so I'm not the only one who did the breaking up. He then came back and told me he tried to date other girls but those feelings he has with me he didn't get them with the other girls. So he went to his country for a two week holiday and the girls he met there also did nothing for him and that's when he realised I'm the one who can make him feel that way. (That time we lasted less than 24hrs before we broke up again. LOL)

If anyone had an ego in the r/ship its him. He thought he was better than me and would brag about his abilities. He even once told me he's smarter than me - I laughed because he doesn't know my IQ and he'd also brag about his royal lineage (what he doesn't know is that my family is also royalty). Actually now that I think about it those said the r/ship was childish and doomed from the start are right. I guess it's true: absence does make the heart grow fonder. I'm probably just missing what could have been.
Re: Male Advice Needed by grimandevil: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
solve d primary problem. i sense is a cheating problem
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2014
grimandevil:
solve d primary problem. i sense is a cheating problem

Ha ha ha... He must have been cheating then. Me I do not cheat.
Re: Male Advice Needed by Fembleez1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
DieeDiee:

What ego? I really don't understand what have I done or said that was egotistical? And why am I to shoulder all the blame? What about him and his disappearing acts?? And guys don't forget the reason we broke up the first time is because HE stood me up without a word. And HE is the one who starts the fights. And they really were stupid fights. Like this one time I called him and asked him to meet me somewhere (I wanted to treat him). Just because he didn't know the place he decided I'm controlling, started a fight and refused to meet me there.

DieeDiee:
By the way people he's also dumped me before so I'm not the only one who did the breaking up. He then came back and told me he tried to date other girls but those feelings he has with me he didn't get them with the other girls. So he went to his country for a two week holiday and the girls he met there also did nothing for him and that's when he realised I'm the one who can make him feel that way. (That time we lasted less than 24hrs before we broke up again. LOL)
If anyone had an ego in the r/ship its him. He thought he was better than me and would brag about his abilities. He even once told me he's smarter than me - I laughed because he doesn't know my IQ and he'd also brag about his royal lineage (what he doesn't know is that my family is also royalty). Actually now that I think about it those said the r/ship was childish and doomed from the start are right. I guess it's true: absence does make the heart grow fonder. I'm probably just missing what could have been.

Wow,........you never explained it this way before,you hid many things,u never said he once dump u or cheated on you!!!
Re: Male Advice Needed by Fembleez1(m): 5:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
DieeDiee:

Forget about the Ego part then,..........girls/females dun always agree when u tell them they were/are wrong but youpeople are like eggs,niggas gaz treat you with so much care,the guy to me is being childish and may be he thinks he 'well,shez done her own,let me do mine too',.......that sort of attitude can't help relationship,...have done more than the guy has done but I had to rethink,.....try to give him a call if he will listen to you or want the relationship back,don't force yourself on him,and what possibility is it that,that he doesn't have a gf now after those long 3 months
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
Fembleez1:

what possibility is it that,that he doesn't have a gf now after those long 3 months

Ha ha ha... he was single when we met...?
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
Fembleez1:

Wow,........you never explained it this way before,you hid many things,u never said he once dump u or cheated on you!!!

To the best of my knowledge he never cheated. Those girls were during the 3 weeks he had dumped me.
Re: Male Advice Needed by Fembleez1(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
DieeDiee:

Ha ha ha... he was single when we met...?

You said you people have not talked for over 3 months now!!!
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Fembleez1:

.....try to give him a call if he will listen to you or want the relationship back,don't force yourself on him,and what possibility is it that,that he doesn't have a gf now after those long 3 months

It seems the majority consensus is the r/ship was and is a dead end. So I've let it go and am working on forgetting him.
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Fembleez1:

You said you people have not talked for over 3 months now!!!

Yes I haven't seen or spoken to him in 3 months.
Re: Male Advice Needed by Fembleez1(m): 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
DieeDiee:

To the best of my knowledge he never cheated. Those girls were during the 3 weeks he had dumped me.

Really??......is that how you saw it

DieeDiee:

Yes I haven't seen or spoken to him in 3 months.
What possibility is it that he doesn't have a new gf??
DieeDiee:

It seems the majority consensus is the r/ship was and is a dead end. So I've let it go and am working on forgetting him.

I know you still love him but don't be blind
Re: Male Advice Needed by samtol4(m): 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
DieeDiee:

I think so too. The devil made me do it.
don't blame the devil for everything ,check your attitude and ego ! Cheers
Re: Male Advice Needed by samtol4(m): 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
DieeDiee:

hmm
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Fembleez1:

What possibility is it that he doesn't have a new gf??

If he loved me like he claimed he did then he wouldn't have moved on so quickly
Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
samtol4:
don't blame the devil for everything ,check your attitude and ego ! Cheers

Checked my ego, it's in a healthy condition.

Once and for all: there's nothing wrong with my ego and he never complained about my ego. NO ONE who knows me ever complained about my ego. So ego topic closed.
Re: Male Advice Needed by Fembleez1(m): 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
DieeDiee:

If he loved me like he claimed he did then he wouldn't have moved on so quickly

Oh,......I see!!!
Re: Male Advice Needed by numericalguy(m): 9:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
DieeDiee:

Checked my ego, it's in a healthy condition.

Once and for all: there's nothing wrong with my ego and he never complained about my ego. NO ONE who knows me ever complained about my ego. So ego topic closed.

Lolz.. Is this how you have been arguing with him? No wonder the guy is having a hard time coping with you.

I think you are a nice person and straight forward too, but you seem a bit temperamental with the "I'm always right" feeling to go wth it.
You really do have feelings for this guy which s why I would want you to put in a little more effort in the r/ship to make it work. Besides, what is the posibility that the next guy you'll be meeting will not come with a baggage of his own problems.
Try and be more patient with him and every other person you deal with.

Cheers!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Male Advice Needed by samtol4(m): 12:23am On Nov 28, 2014
numericalguy:

Lolz.. Is this how you have been arguing with him? No wonder the guy is having a hard time coping with you.

I think you are a nice person and straight forward too, but you seem a bit temperamental with the "I'm always right" feeling to go wth it.
You really do have feelings for this guy which s why I would want you to put in a little more effort in the r/ship to make it work. Besides, what is the posibility that the next guy you'll be meeting will not come with a baggage of his own problems.
Try and be more patient with him and every other person you deal with.

Cheers!!!
100likes ! On point

1 Like

Re: Male Advice Needed by DieeDiee: 4:24am On Nov 28, 2014
Fembleez1:

Really??......is that how you saw it

If you not together it's not cheating. Like if he is with someone now he is not cheating on me we've broken up. And I also went on a few dates with someone else during those 3 weeks so it's all good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Guys, If She Was Your Barber (pics) / My 2 Cent Advice To Em Fellow G Boiz.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.