Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? (59060 Views)

Pleaae Help!. I Need The Fastest Way To Get Over Heartbreak. / Is This The Fastest Way Ladies Use To Attract Men? (pic) / 15 Ways To Get Over Heartbreak Like Every Grown Up Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by hotchic1(f): 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2007
jaybaby:

My Dear It didnt wrk no Shyt---When i had my 1st & only BreakDwn ---I got a Packet of Cigarette & even ordered for a bottle of GIN---OMO @ the end I only got Fcked Up! I vomited like Crazzzzzzz ! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Still I went Clubbing & danced like a LovePeddler --I regretted it angry angry angry cheesy

That one na bad thing oooooooo.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by tega78(f): 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2007
Dealing with a break-up is like dealing with bereavement. You will go through all sorts of emotions---------shock, disbelief, anger, pain and finally acceptance.

Don't suppress the emotions as they come----as you will only be storing up problems for later

After the shock and disbelief stage, you will feel angry----allow yourself to get angry byall menas, but try not to vent it at him. When you are tempted------simply get an inanimate object and imagine it is him/her. tell it everything you want to say to him/her; shout, yell scream----go crazy, if you will; punch it, slap it, whatever. Pour out all those emotions into it----and not on to your ex.

When the pain comes, allow yourself to cry----it is healthy and it releases pent-up feelings. When you drained, try to get some sleep

Go out, get busy---even if you don't feel like going out-----try exercise------dance till you're exhausted (evn if it is only in your living room); do some housework; get busy.

Don't rush into dating again just yet-----trust me, you'd only feel empty and will miss him/her.

Come onto a forum like this and read the threads-----have a laugh; watch, read or listen to something that makes you smile.

Repeat above steps as required-------in time, you will find you are over him.

Oh yeah----onemore thing----delete and remove everything that reminds you of him/her from your life; including pictures, letters, emails; remove his name from your address book and phone book. I tend to return all gifts given to me----it's my way of severing links.

If you don't, you will not be able to move on and will foever keep thinking "What if, What if we made a mistake, wahta if we get back together?" trust me, you will find yourself 20 years down the line, alone and without love, because while other people may have wanted to get closer to you, you were still busy thinking "What if?" and hanging on to the ghost of the past relationship

((((()))))))

1 Like

Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by NymphoQin(f): 9:40pm On May 14, 2007
if you are a girl? screw all his mates
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by kike001(f): 9:44am On May 15, 2007
lol U R FUNNY
NymphoQin:

if you are a girl? screw all his mates
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by kike001(f): 9:46am On May 15, 2007
think of him as a LOSER n u derserve sum2 better than a LOSSER in it
n try 2 love urself: go 2 gud nite club: ve fun wit ur mates: make him jelosy but neva take him bak
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by goldieloc(m): 3:25pm On May 15, 2007
i'd hang out with friends, catch trips and hav fun, spend more time with ur family and dont get idle so u dont think 2 much of wat has happened. all these wont let the heartbreak weigh u down.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by jenny2007(f): 5:12pm On May 15, 2007
i broke up with m boyfriend of 5 yrs. he's only called me once to beg since then (2 and a half weeks now). its been very hard trying to get over him. i am so depressed and at the moment, all my reliable friends are in london (i'm in dubai) so i am so lonely. i just want to get out of this miserable depression. i tell myself that i'm only 21 and would get over him but its seems so hard now. nairaland is like my only close companion now though i don't know a lot of people in the forums!
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by sammyjl(f): 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2007
Dear girl, I know am late with some months but try going out with other people, girlfriends i mean, chat aboutall srts of things.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by justblaze(m): 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2007
ota pia pia. otherwise known as rat poison.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by MVuchy(m): 5:59pm On May 18, 2008
thanks y' all for the comments but i want to add that

1. focusing all your emotional energy on another area of your life that you are passionate about
music, work,sport,reading will help.
2. surround yourself with friends
3. move away from his/her sphere of friends
4. try and think about,& analyze what went wrong, and resolve not to repeat the same mistake next time
5. be yourself,listen to music and do whatever will uplift your spirit
6. and you must not hate him/her that will increase your negative emotion and keep you trapped.
i wish you success.
one love cheesy tongue kiss
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by jockybabe(f): 6:59pm On May 18, 2008
[list]
[li]ITS NOT EASY ESPECIALLY WHEN U WERE FULLY COMITED 2 D RELATIONSHIP,IF U WERE IN IT 4 FUN THEN U WILL 4GET U WERE IN A RELATIONSHIP A SECOND AFTER D BREAK UP,CRYING HELPS ,IT EASES D MIND, GOOD FRIENDS ARE NECESSARY IF YOU HAVE ONE, THE BEST TIN TO DO IS TO ASK GOD TO GIVE U D GRACE TO MOVE ON WITHOUT THE OTHER, DONT B WEIGHED DOWN BY THE BREAK UP,4 LADIES ITS A TIME 4 U TO LOOK PRETTIER THAN EVA,MAKE D BEST OUT OF URSELF,DONT JUST JUMP INTO ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP COS U NEED COMPANY,MAKE SURE U ARE CAREFUL ABOUT THE NEXT DUDE ONLINE.
REMEMBER A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETA THAN A DIVORCED OR SHATTERED MARRIAGE
AT TIMES ITS REALLY WORTH THE BREAK UP.I WISH I COULD GIVE MY SELF THIS ADVUCE.[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by whitelexi(m): 7:06pm On May 18, 2008
@Topic:

Drink to stupor, then go to the top of the building and shout at the top of your voice: I'M ALIVE!!!!

Trust me, it works grin
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by Trendiest(f): 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2008
Ok,so mi andmy Boyfriend just broke up, we were def madly in love and evryone around us though that was it, we were the best of the best couple around, but one thing lead to another and we're over,

Even though i dont want to talk or see him,but This stuff wont go away, Real love last a while i guess

how do i get over it? it hurts
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by ashe2(f): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2008
white lexi u correct oh! but top of the buildin at a runk state after u shout that I AM ALIVE u would be silently sayin IAM DEAD. Wrong advice, i advise go to bed.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by sistawoman: 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2008
Trendiest:

Ok,so mi andmy Boyfriend just broke up, we were def madly in love and evryone around us though that was it, we were the best of the best couple around, but one thing lead to another and we're over,

Even though i don't want to talk or see him,but This stuff wont go away, Real love last a while i guess

how do i get over it? it hurts

You have to let the pain work its way out. It took me a year before i was really ready to move on to a serious relationship after my breakup. There were other guys during that year but they were just fillers and the min. they asked me about my ex they knew that i still loved him. About the time my hubby came along was about the time that i had cleaned my ex out my system and i am so glad because I would have missed out on a great man. I love him so much and am so glad that he came into my life. He became my husband on June 20th and know that i will be by his side forever.

Just give it time. Cry, cry and cry somemore.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by Cocoamama(f): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2008
I can day that I have been truly heartbroken twice in my whole entire life. Both times I was dumped my ex did not have the courage to tell me why we had to break up, so I never really got "closure." My advice to all the brokenhearted out there is find something you are really passionate it about and pursue it, whether it be writing poetry, going out dancing, traveling, anything at all no matter how weird it may be to others and JUST DO IT! If you have all the time in the world and have nothing to do but think about your ex, I suggests you try to find closure within yourself by convincing yourself that if he/she was meant for you, it would be so but since it is not, God has someone better planned for you so why get in His way by crying over someone He removed from your life for a reason. When God takes something or someone away from you, don't fight to keep it, Let Go and Let God. Most importantly, Love Yourself so that someone new will be able to love you back. I just learned that there is no easy or fast way to get over a heartbreak, it takes time, so give you body time to heal physically, psychologically, spiritually, and especially emotionally. The time will come and go and before you know it, your ex is a distant memory. I hope this advice helped someone. Stay true to yourself and your heart.

P.s. Sing like no one is listening, Dance like no one is watching, and Love like you have never been hurt. cheesy
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by janami(f): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
fall in love again
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by vanessara: 10:52am On Aug 05, 2008
@cocoamama,

God bless you,you just lifted my spirit.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by virgie(f): 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2008
Well, I also experienced a heart break some years ago. I thought I was gonna die! I wished him to hell and back. I wished him ill especially when I saw him with another girl at the same joint we used to go to. I thought I would never love any other guy again.

But guess what? time truly does heal wounds. cry all you want but give it time, you will get over him. If I could get over my ex, then any other person can.

Now, I look back and just smile because he never was worth the tears I cried over him.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!1!

So, cheer up, it won't always be like this.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by dapsycool(m): 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2008
Nothing heals a broken heart like TIME, LOVE and TENDERNESS! Na M. bolton talk am.
The koko here is TIME! It's the only cure, some music would cause more problem, cause some music would remind u of him or her. Just imagine listening to "No Air" by jordin sparks. "Love is wicked" almost got a female friend crazy after an heartbreak.
My own time, i listened to "when a man loves a woman" and wept like a baby, while the chic was enjoying a nice Bleep by a moronf.uker.
someone talked about taking juice, you see, an average butty is a complete mumu!
All of una pele o, i've had my own share so i sold my heart to Chelsea Fc, i trust my team, they'd never break my heart. Lmao
If u must listen to music, try "GANJA FARMER" it's good for ya health lol.
if u decide to talk too much, you'd hardly make sense.
There are no shortcuts, time is the ONLY guaranteed healer.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by abikelat(f): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2008
smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
you can go ahead and do all this
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by COOLWATER(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2008
i'll get meself a new gal, no dulling.

Gbam!!!
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by omoshobo(f): 8:03am On Jan 05, 2009
[color=#000099][/color] My fiance ended our relationship on saturday am kidda feeling blue right now how do i overcome this?
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by queenet2me: 2:14pm On May 28, 2009
Never never cry over a guy. Its not worth it at all. Also make sure that you dont call him. You will be so tempted to do so but never ever call him.

Visit friends especially old friends. Make new ones too. Listen to good music that makes you feel good most especially at night when you want to sleep and you might be tempted to think about him

Above all, pray to God to erase him totally from your mind
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by prittigrrr(f): 2:20pm On May 28, 2009
They say the fastest way to get over someome is to get under someone else (but I dont recommend this approach).
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by arewa4(f): 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2009
there is no shortcut for break-ups. i am going thru one right now and its bn close to 8 months but its just so hard. just when i was trying to move on he sends me a cake on my birthday after 7 months of no communication. checked his fb acc and saw hes ''in a relationship''. guess its my wake up call. just kp trying
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by mcnikes(m): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2009
For a guy, Go play PS 3.
For a chic, phuk a new guy.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by HIO4: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2009
Yup
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by ijebubabe(f): 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2009
there is really no fast way. undecided
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by tbaba83(m): 4:15pm On Dec 27, 2009
4d gals, men get a career, or job, become a workaholic or sometin
4 us guys its as easy as d last shit u had in d toilet. i mean lets be real who can remember how many logs he dropped in the toilet last nite.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by DatGurlTemi(f): 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jes meet new pple, hang out, makes calls to old frnds. Simply, get busy n wen u not busy...do some soul searching! Bou anythn.
Re: Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? by mvp2e(m): 1:36am On Sep 06, 2013
Well! I tink best way to get over a hrtbrk is, try not to stay alone cus if u do it'Ll force u to reminise but if its unavoidable n u find ur self reminisin tink of d negetive tins ur ex did to u, also do not listen to cool or rathr shud I say love song cus it alwwys feel lik dey talkn to u n d music,listen to music dat talks about riches n wealth. somtimes wen ur depressd I tink som alcohol wud help increase ur blood pressure n help u forget n concentrate more on ur unstable biological condition, it turns out dat durin dis period u tend to alwys feel full aftr a spoon or two spoons of food even wen u havnt eaten for a whole day, cook somtin tasty wit enough peppe n d burnin feel wud mke u eat much more. Tho ur vry vulnurable @ dis tym n vry emotional, especialy to d ladies buh its berra u hangout wit d opposite sex it kinda mkes u feel complete(mke sure its a vry trustd person, n nt alone. Most preferable wen its a family member) dnt try to hook up, its alwys a wrong move @ dis time, tho u feel it'll help u 4get ur ex. Remember lookin good is good business, keep d good looks cus ur ex was nt d only one lookn @ u. Again dnt do somtin crazy cus u feel u dnt care about anytin anymore, remember we care about u. Lastly keep @ mind hrt break has no physical wound its only a mind tin dat u Allow to harm ur physical n only hrtbrt alone cannnot kill a man, infat it has nevr killed anyman. If I can survive it, u can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Email Exchange Between Sugabelly And Mustapha Audu / Why Do Black Women Have Bigger Butts!!! Answered Finally / Pictures Of Nigerian Women From Times Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.