Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students (26033 Views)

VP Osinbajo Was Never Booed In Kano (pictures) / Ex-Governor Kwankwaso And Governor Ganduje In The 1970's / Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by akpumping7720(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
Breaking News: You lied, we cheered Jonathan, we never booed him and Governor Fayose, OAU Students' Union President Tell Sahara Reporters, The Nation, others

PRESS RELEASE
(28/11/2014)

Revolutionary greetings to all and sundry in the South West Zone, Osun state, Ife community and the generality of Great Ife Students on the hosting of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR for a special meeting with the Council of Obas in South West.

The leadership of the Students’ Union is appreciative of the listening character of the President as well as the efforts of individuals who facilitated the meeting with the President. It is imperative at this point to relay the product of the discussion with the President.

The Speaker of the SRC addressed the President and submitted the protest letter which he personally received and gave assurances that the major issue in the letter – increment in fees is going to be addressed holistically in no long time as there are other schools that are affected.
He committed himself to address welfare issues that affect OAU specifically.

Although some self-centered and politically-sponsored individuals attempted to unleash their demonic resolutions to deter and dissuade the union leaders from making pressing demands that will enhance the welfare of Great Ife students on campus, to make necessary demands for the reversal of fees and the reinstatement of some of our suspended students from the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

On his way out, the president stepped out to the cheers of the students, receiving a lot of applause from the entirety of Great Ife students and commuters having heard that he had committed himself on the increment.

Meanwhile, just as the Union President conveyed to His Excellency, we again implore the president to stick to his promise, as a man of honour and integrity, as Great Ife students are in great anticipation and expectancy. The cheers you received today at the time you were leaving were premised on the fact that we believed you will address the increment immediately. Mr President, the reversal of increased fees should also be extended to all Federal Universities and pump funds into education in the interest of the country.

However, we condemn the attitude of some individuals who portrayed themselves as elements of frustration and cheap political tools.

Through this medium, we warn them to stay away from OAU campus as they are not unknown to the leadership of the union. We maintain our ground as Intellectual Fighters for Emancipation and not as uncoordinated confusionists and anarchists.

The leadership of the Union is very much undistracted in the maximization of this opportunity to solve the myriad of problems confronting Great IFE students. We also remain committed to the execution of our proposed projects and the completion of ongoing ones– Angola and Mozambique hall water projects, Great IFE app, Union website, and buses for campus shuttle, union hostel, among others.

La Lucha Sigue…

SIGNED:
IBIKUNLE ISAAC M.
President
BAMIDELE OLUDARE J.
P.R.O
http://www.punchng.com/news/oau-students-deny-stoning-jonathan/

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by MuguliciousMUGU: 1:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sahara reporters are good at lying just to tarnish goodluck jonathan image, but they would be shocked when goodluck will win the next election...

Later their oga would say APC did not buy him any house, why won't he lie, when he does not want to lose his job..

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by temitemi1(m): 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
I talk am sey u never chop liver reach that level but all the same shame on apc. GEJ till apc get sense, simple!!

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by Pennyways: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
Where is that bean size lady who rush to nairaland yestarday with lies?

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by SaiBuharii: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
For all I know, sites like Sahara reporters, channels news mk us knw d true condition of the country. The OAU student president is just an individual giving his opinion, just like Jonathan gives opinion outside d country dt does not represent our opinion. They may hv given d guy like 500k like that.

GEJ has a weak supporter base in Osun. That's the only western state he lost in 2011. On the other hand, why should a reasonable person clap for Jonathan? What had he done in Osun than to do little or no projects because it is APC controlled.

VoteTHESENATORforHouseofRep2023-AbeokutaSouth

Mr. Progressive

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by justi4jesu(f): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
smiley smiley smiley
Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by justi4jesu(f): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
SaiBuharii:
..hhh

undecided undecided undecided
Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by OCTAVO: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
grin

Anyway, click my signature for 250mb data. smiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by sommyblaze(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by tspun(m): 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables, APC whenever you try to make up a story try and leave no trace to avoid all this shameful act.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by kimond101: 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ashiri Sahara Reporters ti tu this time around

14 Likes

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by EverestdeBliu(m): 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ofcourse!, no responsible Nigerian will boo our president...all we need do is to pray n support him...that's all!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by SaiBuharii: 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
GMB 2015

14 Likes

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ok
Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by jauntty: 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
So who is lying now? Abati or students While bombs were flying around at Kano yesterday, the Govt was more concerned about being booed than national security. Why have Abati not released a statement condemning yestady bombings or even ask his Boss to show some solidarity or empathy with the victims instead of twittering abt booing. SMH

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by tehmijhozz(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
wetin we go bliv now
Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by ALKARULEZ615(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by lanxlot(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
c as body de Sweet me. nairalanders abeg make una help me find and tie HOLATIN and OBIAGELLI......While I search for koboko. grin grin

btw, osewa and im admin one finish My MB....in d words of klint d drunk.....e no go work for u oo.

4 Likes

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by Tritte(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
wetin them for talk.

2 Likes

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by rozayx5(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
grin cheesy grin cheesy

APC agberos jumped into campus to cause mayhem, God pass them cheesy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by Chicheey: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
APC with lie

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by olusolaj(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
APC will soon become history with this their propaganda.
I knew it before...
Our polithievsians are looking for every possible means to remove GEJ from office and God will not allow that.
God is greater than dem.
Long live GEJ
Long live federal republic of Nigeria

25 Likes

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
The fees is not so much of a problem, increase fees build worldclass universities and start a student loan scheme. When you are done, you pay back your school fees over 10 years.

Similarly, most universities here in the UK get their fees from projects done for companies. They research and present practical solutions to real life issues.

Nigerian universities are objects of ridicule to say the least

Good universities cost money to develop.

Ask for funding and not reduction to in fees. Quality education broadens the mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by SeverusSnape(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
Now I've heard from the horse's mouth,come to think of it, why should intellectuals like the great Ife students boo their president?, it's not rational.

Those persons and group of persons spreading false news should come and vindicate themselves.

6 Likes

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by clemzo101(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sahara reporters gradually loosing its credibility. Smh

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by Olodonairaland(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
If they booed him fine cuz I didn't benefit anything from him since he enter as head of state.

3 Likes

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ibikunle,you can lie o o.See how this guy dey manipulate story.
if he is sure of himself,he should come and repeat this story to us in the hall and see what will happen.
u've said your own from your own angle.

This is my own story to yesterday happenings ..

Today, i did my
part, i made my stand. Happy joining OAU
students to show President Jonathan his
government and poverty-inducing capitalist
policies are not welcomed. He expected a
rousing welcome, instead he was confornted
with a protest. Fayose got perhaps the biggest
embarrassment of his life today. He walked
confidently to Ife students expecting to be
applauded. I can't yet forget the look of shock
on his face as shout of Ole! Ole ! (Thief! Thief!)
rented the air. Hastily his security details
whisked him away. President Jonathan's convoy
was delayed as students sat on the road
chanting slogans. Clumsily one by one, the royal
fathers made their way out not sure who next
would be greeted with shout of "thief!" Those to
be pitied (not sure if they even deserve it
though) were the hundreds of PDP supporters
who had thronged the campus with different
banners to welcome Jonathan. They looked
dejected, their banners hanging around them.
How could they start dancing as they planned
with the hundreds of students chanting
solidarity songs just beside them? At the end, as
the helicopters lifted from the ground, i didnt
see a single person waving the President
goodbye. It was like good riddance. If my guess
is right, someone might soonbe fired for fixing
OAU on the President's itinery Despite attempts
by a wing of the union leadership to sell-out,
great Ife students have demonstrated how
oppressors and exploiters should be treated. I
would do it again anytime, any day

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Never Booed President Jonathan And Governor Fayose.... OAU Students by Bagani: 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
I knw b4 now dat d yesterday's news abt OAU students booing GEJ was all lie. It was a propaganda by APC liers.
#Anyway Another Fresh news in GEJ's Fresh Air

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do You Put Atiku, Buhari And Tinubu In One Political Pot? – Lamido / Police Shoot Protesters In Abuja This Morning - My Reactions / FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.