Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth - Family (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth (56701 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 03, 2014
UjSizzle:
Nawa oo Nigerians are real enemies of progress, wanting freebies without tasking their brain.

When did a 250 words essay become so difficult to write

Babyosisi and everyone who contributed to this cause, well done. May God continue to bless you as you extend same to others in need.
Amen, dear.

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by MysticZeus: 7:03am On Dec 03, 2014
berem:
oh I forgot there's an Education section. Education section is cool for it. cheesy

So, You see? cheesy
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by wasak(m): 7:04am On Dec 03, 2014
babyosisi:

You are healed in Jesus name
10K is something substantial to the cause
Thanks
Miss B make una tally up,money na ha agbago
I want to participate but i don't really seem to understand d whole thing. Where do i post d story nd as for my certificate, which of them pry or sec school level? Thanks
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 03, 2014
soooo my sister babyosisi, where do i post my own essay oh. I have been here more than 3 years with over 1000 posts! grin

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by UjSizzle(f): 7:05am On Dec 03, 2014
babyosisi:

You see why I added certificate to the earlier criteria
There is no way you can know who is a student and who isn't
Now how do you validate age?

You said they should blur out their names too. How does that make it any easier to validate identity and ownership?
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by shaggy007(m): 7:05am On Dec 03, 2014
MysticZeus:

What exactly is the Meaning of this I just read?

How dare You call Job Hunting Graduates ''Ungrateful''? angry

After reading some of the comments where they said that $100 is not worth the stress.

That's why they're still unemployed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by justi4jesu(f): 7:06am On Dec 03, 2014
wasak:

I want to participate but i don't really seem to understand d whole thing. Where do i post d story nd as for my certificate, which of them pry or sec school level? Thanks

You just wake up abi. University Graduates jor angry
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 03, 2014
wasak:

Post your story and your certificate the latest one if you are an undergraduate post your ID card, you can post here or on a new thread that will be open in the literature,education and vacancy sections
Goodluck
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by MysticZeus: 7:09am On Dec 03, 2014
shaggy007:

After reading some of the comments where they said that $100 is not worth the stress.

That's why they're still unemployed.

Well, those who rubbished the idea of the 'Christmas Gift' all claimed to live above $450+ a day!!

Even if the intending contestants call it a meagre amount, did You really have to donate and in the process call them Ungrateful?

Man, that's so not nice in every ramifications possible!
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 03, 2014
Thanks, aisha. The total prize money has risen to $505 (N90,900)

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by KelvinGraphics(m): 7:14am On Dec 03, 2014
justi4jesu:

Lmao...if to say the competition don start, something for don drop because i enjoy such competitions, but too many Mofos parading this thread tongue tongue tongue
Drop o and see how it will spur sum1 else to dropping and sumother people partaking in the contest.
The higher the offer and the chances of winning the tempting it becomes. Imagine say the top 10 go get reward e go make sense.
Btw. Oga SEUN don drop him own contribution? It's that time of the year when oga need to give back to us cool.

And dont 4get o, endeavour to pay your tax come January 2015cheesy *Nairaland ni baje o*

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by shaggy007(m): 7:14am On Dec 03, 2014
MysticZeus:

Well, those who rubbished the idea of the 'Christmas Gift' all claimed to live above $450+ a day!!

Even if the intending contestants call it a meagre amount, did You really have to donate and in the process call them Ungrateful?

Man, that's so not nice in every ramifications possible!

I speak my mind all the time.

Get used to it.

The only reason I wanted to donate was to increase the amount.

The ungrateful comments prompted me to add something to the amount.

Nothing else.

Hate it or love it.

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 03, 2014
aisha2:

Post your story and your certificate the latest one if you are an undergraduate post your ID card, you can post here or on a new thread that will be open in the literature,education and vacancy sections
Goodluck

Your grammar is very poor. cheesy

Don't include this blockhead on the list of judges, abeg.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 03, 2014
UjSizzle:

You said they should blur out their names too. How does that make it any easier to validate identity and ownership?

It'll be better to throw the contest open, without the certificate requirement. But confirmed married men i.e. xynerise and Dickdastardly, are ineligible grin

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by MysticZeus: 7:17am On Dec 03, 2014
shaggy007:

Get used to it.

Nothing else.

Hate it or love it.

Its Your decision Man!

Contribute, so my chances of winning will increase cheesy
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by KelvinGraphics(m): 7:18am On Dec 03, 2014
justi4jesu:

You just wake up abi. University Graduates jor angry
Sell B.Sc, HND, ND or NCE certificate 4 d guy na.cheesy
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by shaggy007(m): 7:18am On Dec 03, 2014
MysticZeus:

Its Your decision Man!

Contribute, so my chances of winning will increase cheesy

Nah not interested again.

Good luck though.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by justi4jesu(f): 7:19am On Dec 03, 2014
KelvinGraphics:

Sell B.Sc, HND, ND or NCE certificate 4 d guy na.cheesy

Kelvin u need some strokes this morning. walahi cheesy
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 03, 2014
CFCfan:
so are you suggesting that the competition be thrown open?
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by KelvinGraphics(m): 7:20am On Dec 03, 2014
CFCfan:

It'll be better to throw the contest open, without the certificate requirement. But confirmed married men i.e. xynerise and Dickdastardly, are ineligible grin
cheesygrinlipsrsealedgrin
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by UjSizzle(f): 7:21am On Dec 03, 2014
CFCfan:

Lol that could work. Maybe you guys could run a quick check on the contestants. There are people on this site who are known to be employed anyway.

Will one person get the price money, or will it be split between maybe the top three?
#81k na serious cash grin
**and someone is praising the Lord for the naira devaluation tongue**
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 03, 2014
An event that impacted my life as a child. Unedited grin

At the age of 11,I went off to boarding school at FGGC GBoko.Before this time I had never been to the northern part of Nigeria.All my childhood was in Eastern Nigeria so going to GBoko was met with some apprehension on my part and strangely the feeling wasn't just mine.My mother was excited her little girl was going off to a federal school which was a very prestigious institution then and at the same time worried about having her very far away from home.
My older brother had gone to Holy Ghost College Owerri,a few miles from home and this was quite new to the family.

I arrived Gboko dressed in my sparkling daywear and socks and sandals.A few families we knew in Owerri already had their girls in GBoko including my elementary school mate Chika so I was excited I would know someone there.
Chika was from anambra state and her father worked in one of the federal establishments in Owerri.
We weren't particularly close friends at aladinma but being from the same estate and finding ourselves in faraway GBoko,we became inseparable.Our parents would ride together to visit on visiting days and when mine couldn't make it,they sent messages through hers and vice versa.We had the same skinny build and dark skin tone and many actually mistook us for sisters,so when Chika would come down with sickle cell crisis,I was always the one by her bedside in the sickbay,to hold her hands and comfort her,help copy her notes and bring back the assignments.She could always count on me,I loved her like a sister and she knew it.
Nothing prepared me that faithful Tuesday when Chika fell sick like in times past that she wouldn't be returning to FGGC ever again
Chika passed away.I had never lost any friends till this time and I had a hard time handling it.
I would dream of her and wake up with my heart beating.i would sometimes pray that she returned and some nights I thought about her and cried.
Sometimes I would sit up and expect her to come running to my corner as in times past.I never knew children also died.It was a hard thing to bear.
many years and decades after I still think of her sometimes
What could she have become?
Would she have been also married and a mother of children just like myself
Well I'll never know.
But hers was my introduction to the bitter pain of death.
may her soul continue to RIP

7 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by MysticZeus: 7:22am On Dec 03, 2014
shaggy007:

Nah not interested again.

Good luck though.

Oga, Drop something jare cheesy

Why You con dey vex cheesy
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by KelvinGraphics(m): 7:22am On Dec 03, 2014
justi4jesu:

Kelvin u need some strokes this morning. walahi cheesy
Lolzcheesy
How many contestants we don get already self?
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by justi4jesu(f): 7:23am On Dec 03, 2014
UjSizzle:

Lol that could work. Maybe you guys could run a quick check on the contestants. There are people on this site who are known to be employed anyway.

Will one person get the price money, or will it be split between maybe the top three?

81k ke? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2014
berem:
so are you suggesting that the competition be thrown open?
There is no other way to verify a Nairaland youth.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by UjSizzle(f): 7:24am On Dec 03, 2014
shaggy007:

Get used to it.

Nothing else.

Hate it or love it.
Have you donated now?

Someone tell this guy how to donate please cheesy
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by shaggy007(m): 7:25am On Dec 03, 2014
MysticZeus:

Oga, Drop something jare cheesy

Why You con dey vex cheesy

Because I don't know how to drop the something.

There're lots of pages on this thread, didnt go through them all.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 03, 2014
UjSizzle:

Lol. The Naira devaluation will ultimately lead to an increase in the price of imported goods.

I think the prize money could be split into 2, for both the winner and runner-up.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 03, 2014
babyosisi:
An event that impacted my life as a child. Unedited grin
At the age of 11,I went off to boarding school at FGGC GBoko.Before this time I had never been to the northern part of Nigeria.All my childhood was in Eastern Nigeria so going to GBoko was met with some apprehension on my part and strangely the feeling wasn't just mine.My mother was excited her little girl was going off to a federal school which was a very prestigious institution then and at the same time worried about having her very far away from home.
My older brother had gone to Holy Ghost College Owerri,a few miles from home and this was quite new to the family.
I arrived Gboko dressed in my sparkling daywear and socks and sandals.A few families we knew in Owerri already had their girls in GBoko including my elementary school mate Chika so I was excited I would know someone there.
Chika was from anambra state and her father worked in one of the federal establishments in Owerri.
We weren't particularly close friends at aladinma but being from the same estate and finding ourselves in faraway GBoko,we became inseparable.Our parents would ride together to visit on visiting days and when mine couldn't make it,they sent messages through hers and vice versa.We had the same skinny build and dark skin tone and many actually mistook us for sisters,so when Chika would come down with sickle cell crisis,I was always the one by her bedside in the sickbay,to hold her hands and comfort her,help copy her notes and bring back the assignments.She could always count on me,I loved her like a sister and she knew it.
Nothing prepared me that faithful Tuesday when Chika fell sick like in times past that she wouldn't be returning to FGGC ever again
Chika passed away.I had never lost any friends till this time and I had a hard time handling it.
I would dream of her and wake up with my heart beating.
Sometimes I would sit up and expect her to come running to my corner as in times past.I never knew children also died.It was a hard thing to bear.
many years and decades after I still think of her sometimes
What could she have become?
Would she have been also married and a mother of children just like myself
Well I'll never know.
But hers was my introduction to the bitter pain of death.
may her soul continue to RIP

Beautiful. Can we please kick off the real competition? People who want to apply may be distracted from all the market noise down here and lost in the sea of back and forth.

Open the new thread so it can formally kick off. Seek the cooperation of the moderator(s) in that section to hide any comment that is not a story or an application.
Enough talk lets get started

5 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by UjSizzle(f): 7:28am On Dec 03, 2014
Babyosisi, awwww beautiful story cry
But e be like say e pass 250 words o.

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 03, 2014
CFCfan:

There is no other way to verify a Nairaland youth.
ok then!

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply)

She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / How My Mom Ruined My Life / I Am Worried Over Her High Sexual Drive.please Advise

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.