Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Using The Fear Of Hell - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using The Fear Of Hell (6192 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ / Woman Gets A Glimpse Of Hell After Suicide Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
honourhim:

If you have the true light of God you won't be afraid of hell fire bro. Free yourself of this great fear. I can see you are struggling very hard to do it your own way. It doesn't work that way. Only Jesus can save you.

What you are doing now is equivalent to what the atheist are doing in denying the existence of God.

Mate , you are very funny.

You are the one clutching on to the bible for your dear life because of HELL. I don't believe in it, so could care less , and therefore no fear resides in me.

Quit worshipping God in fear bro, it will only make you badder and meaner as a person, devoid of love and kindness.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by honourhim: 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
frosbel:

You are the one clutching on to the bible for your dear life because of HELL. I don't believe in it, so could care less , and therefore no fear resides in me.

Quit worshipping God in fear bro, it will only make you badder and meaner as a person, devoid of love and kindness.

You don't believe in hell fire yet you spend so much time opening threads here and there about hell fire. You aint telling the truth bro.

I can't waste time discussing what I don't believe in. It doesn't make sense.

You are just paying lip service to your no-hell belief. Right inside you you know you are not telling yourself the truth bro. Stop battling with the fear of hell inside you rather look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
frosbel:

Listen Mr.Church, the gospel is not about heaven and hell ( try and think for a moment ), it is about the good news of the kingdom.

Inadvertently, you are propagating a false gospel, a gospel of darkness and hopelessness and this is why the land of Nigeria is laden and saturated with evil despite the proliferation of churches in every nook and cranny of that evil place.

If you are bearers of the light. why is your light so dim ? why are the people still in darkness ? what hope are you selling to them apart from the LIE of Tithe and offerings and subsequent deliverance from hell. Why are unbelievers more trustworthy and ethical than most so called Christians and this , despite your HELL doctrine.

Liars !!!
How well is your church doing?
Are they better than others?

I have met Jehovah witness and they don't seem any different.
We have all failed and we need to rethink Church.

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

How well is your church doing?
Are they better than others?

I have met Jehovah witness and they don't seem any different.

I have no church and I am not a JW.

I am a firm believer in the ONE and ONLY God and JESUS CHRIST the MESSIAH.

wink
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 12:08am On Dec 10, 2014
frosbel:

I have no church and I am not a JW.

I am a firm believer in the ONE and ONLY God and JESUS CHRIST the MESSIAH.

wink
Very good I also don't belong to any denomination.
But I have a Christian family and we fellowship together.
Not believing in Hell won't help you because it is stated clearly in the Bible.
Please don't just select what you like from the Bible (this is the mistake many of our fathers made) but believe the word of God the way it is. Stand strong in the TRUTH.
May God help you my dear brother. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Joshthefirst(m): 6:31am On Dec 10, 2014
frosbel:

You don't believe in hell. It doesn't mean you're devoid of fear. Just means you're deep in denial.

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 8:15am On Dec 10, 2014
Hiswordxray:

The word translated as Hell in the old testament is Sheol in Hebrew.
This new testament was written in Greek and there are three different words translated as Hell.
1). Hade: this same word is translated in Hebrew as Sheol which literally means the place of the dead. All the verses that mentioned this word in the new testament are - Matt 11:23. Matt 16:18.Luk 10:15. Luk 16:23. Act 2:27&31. Rev 1:18. Rev 20:13&14.

Am Happy you finally hit the nail on the head that the word "hell" is not an hebrew or greek word and never appeared in the original scriptures !

Sheo'l" and Hades

Ecc 9:10 says all humans will go to " Sheo'l" ( GRAVE english)

Psalm 16:10 prophetically says Jesus was not left in " Sheo'l" ( GRAVE english) ...

Act 2:31 states that Jesus was not left in " Hade's" ( GRAVE)

REV 20:13,14, rev 21:4 states clearly that death and the Grave ( Hades) will be no more
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2014
[quote author=Hiswordxray post=28740752]

2). Gehenna: this is different from hade ...Verses are - Matt 5:22,29&30. Matt 10:28. Matt 18:9. Matt 23:15,33. Mar 9:43,45&47. Luk 12:5. and Jam 3:6.
[/quote
]

Gehenna is the greek word for hebrew Gehinnom ( valley of hinnom) ..... In the greek septuagint translation gehenna was used in Joshua 15:8 where valley of hinnom appears

For a time .... It served as a mass disposal of rubbish for the inhabitants of Jerusalem #a matter of historical fact# , Gehenna ( valley of hinnom) is not an unseen place of torment , its a geographical location that exist till today
Joshua 15:8

God prophesied that gehenna will turn to a "MASS GRAVEYARD" Jer 7:32

This Is What Jesus is usin Gehenna to symbolize

" Most truly i say to you, The hour is comin, and it is now when the Dead will hear the voice of the son of God , and those who give heed will live" - joh 5:25

What happen to those who dont give heed ? FOREVER DEAD ,never coming to live
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 9:30am On Dec 10, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Am Happy you finally hit the nail on the head that the word "hell" is not an hebrew or greek word and never appeared in the original scriptures !

Sheo'l" and Hades

Ecc 9:10 says all humans will go to " Sheo'l" ( GRAVE english)

Psalm 16:10 prophetically says Jesus was not left in " Sheo'l" ( GRAVE english) ...

Act 2:31 states that Jesus was not left in " Hade's" ( GRAVE)

REV 20:13,14, rev 21:4 states clearly that death and the Grave ( Hades) will be no more
Sheol or Hade literally means "place of the dead". The closest English word to interpret this is "Grave".
Jesus described this place (hade) in Luke 16:19-31 when he was talking about the parable of the rich man and Lazarus.
Luk 16:22-23 "So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. AND BEING IN TORMENTS IN HADES, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom."
In verse 26 it says "And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us."

Could Jesus be referring to the grave or a place of the dead which was divided into two, the soul of evil people are tormented in one side and the soul of good people enjoy in the other?

Remember Jesus said the "rich man also died and was buried. AND BEING IN TORMENTS IN HADES"
If the soul is not immortal and if Hades is grave how could a dead and buried man be tormented in the grave?

If you read the book of Enoch you would know more about Abraham bosom and Sheol or Hades. It was a book read by most of the Jewish scholars as at that time and it goes into deeper details on What the Hebrew called Sheol.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 10:29am On Dec 10, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Sheol or Hade literally means "place of the dead". The closest English word to interpret this is "Grave".
Jesus described this place (hade) in Luke 16:19-31 when he was talking about the parable of the rich man and Lazarus.
Luk 16:22-23 "So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. AND BEING IN TORMENTS IN HADES, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom."
In verse 26 it says "And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us."

Could Jesus be referring to the grave or a place of the dead which was divided into two, the soul of evil people are tormented in one side and the soul of good people enjoy in the other?

Remember Jesus said the "rich man also died and was buried. AND BEING IN TORMENTS IN HADES"
If the soul is not immortal and if Hades is grave how could a dead and buried man be tormented in the grave?

If you read the book of Enoch you would know more about Abraham bosom and Sheol or Hades. It was a book read by most of the Jewish scholars as at that time and it goes into deeper details on What the Hebrew called Sheol.

Go and burn the book of enoch to ashes ......... Its not part of d scriptures !

This greatest mistake you guys are making in christianity is that you dont know something about Jesus

" All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds by ILLUSTRATIONS. Indeed without an ILLUSTRATION he would not speak to them" - Matt 13:34
Thats it, Jesus dont speak without an ILLUSTRATION

Lazarus and the richman is an ILLUSTRATION as the prodigal son ( matt 13:34,35)

God is not mentioned, immortal soul is not mentioned , heaven is not mentioned ! ......somone is in torment yet is speaking , is dat real to you , put your private organ in fire and see if u will be able to converse ! U will only scream l
Take it literal , and uv contradict the whole scriptures
1) it means ABRAHAM is the judge , infact what is d rich man sin ? He has money right ...... " the blessin of God make a man rich" prov 10:22

2) Why is lazarus begging for food if he is righteous ? WHY ....... Psalm 37:25 says the righteous will not be a beggar , talkless of beggin for food !!!

3) did Jesus have to die before anyone have everlasting life ?

" God sent his only begotten son ..... In other that anyone exercising faith him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life " John 3:16

Here u are Sayin some people make everlasting life without Jesus dying and taking away the sin of the world ! By takin it literal .....John 3:16 shows uv render Jesus Death Useless

4) Did Lazarus and Abraham In Heaven as som people also conclude from this ILLUSTRATION

Here is ur answer straight from the scriptures
" NO MAN has ever been to heaven " - john 3;13

" NO MAN has ever been to heaven" - joh 3:13

" NO MAN has ever been to heaven"

2 Likes

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 10:46am On Dec 10, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Go and burn the book of enoch to ashes ......... Its not part of d scriptures !

This greatest mistake you guys are making in christianity is that you dont know something about Jesus

" All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds by ILLUSTRATIONS. Indeed without an ILLUSTRATION he would not speak to them" - Matt 13:34
Thats it, Jesus dont speak without an ILLUSTRATION

Lazarus and the richman is an ILLUSTRATION as the prodigal son ( matt 13:34,35)

God is not mentioned, immortal soul is not mentioned , heaven is not mentioned ! ......somone is in torment yet is speaking , is dat real to you , put your private organ in fire and see if u will be able to converse ! U will only scream l
Take it literal , and uv contradict the whole scriptures
1) it means ABRAHAM is the judge , infact what is d rich man sin ? He has money right ...... " the blessin of God make a man rich" prov 10:22

2) Why is lazarus begging for food if he is righteous ? WHY ....... Psalm 37:25 says the righteous will not be a beggar , talkless of beggin for food !!!

3) did Jesus have
This is what deceptive people do, they take the truth and call it figurative. Anything they don't understand or that contradict their belief they call it an illustration.

Why don't you burn the book of Jude because Jude 1:14 is a direct quotation of Enoch 1:9.
Or maybe you should burn the whole Bible since you don't believe it. The truth is Jehovah witness are not Christians at all. You don't even believe in the same Jesus we know that is why you will all end up burning in Hell for eternity.

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CANTICLES: 11:00am On Dec 10, 2014
Hiswordxray:

This is what deceptive people do, they take the truth and call it figurative. Anything they don't understand or that contradict their belief they call it an illustration.

Why don't you burn the book of Jude because Jude 1:14 is a direct quotation of Enoch 1:9.
Or maybe you should burn the whole Bible since you don't believe it. The truth is Jehovah witness are not Christians at all. You don't even believe in the same Jesus we know that is why you will all end up burning in Hell for eternity.

Everything Captivator explains is biblically presented .....there it is in Matthew 13:34 ! Christ doesnt teach without an illustration.

My question for u are just two !

1) did JESUS DIE?? (OR) Its Only his flesh that dies ??

2) u say if people die for their own sin ...dey burn in hell ! WHAT HAPPEN TO THE PERSON THAT DIES FOR THE SIN! THE SIN! OF THE WHOLE WORLD ??
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 11:13am On Dec 10, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

3) did Jesus have to die before anyone have everlasting life ?

" God sent his only begotten son ..... In other that anyone exercising faith him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life " John 3:16

Here u are Sayin some people make everlasting life without Jesus dying and taking away the sin of the world ! By takin it literal .....John 3:16 shows uv render Jesus Death Useless

4) Did Lazarus and Abraham In Heaven as som people also conclude from this ILLUSTRATION

Here is ur answer straight from the scriptures
" NO MAN has ever been to heaven " - john 3;13

" NO MAN has ever been to heaven" - joh 3:13

" NO MAN has ever been to heaven"
You don't know the meaning of death because you are carnal. Death does not mean when something cease to exist but death is spiritual. Yes Jesus has to die before you can have eternal life. But you don't know the meaning of eternal life just as you don't know the meaning of death. Eternal life does not mean to continue to exist just as death doesn't mean to cease to exist.
You people don't understand the Bible and you don't understand spiritual terms because you are too carnal.
And I didn't say Abraham bosom is heaven. Abraham bosom is in Sheol (the place of the dead). This place is divided into two or three by a great chasm. Abraham bosom was one part and where the rich man was tormented was another part. This is why both Lazarus and the rich man could see each other but non could cross and meet the other.

Eternal or everlasting life means to become a citizen of the kingdom of God, it doesn't mean to live forever. Once you believe in Jesus you become a citizen of the kingdom of God.

can you interpret these verses and tell me what the word dead mean here:
Eph 2:1-3 " 1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2014
CANTICLES:

Everything Captivator explains is biblically presented .....there it is in Matthew 13:34 ! Christ doesnt teach without an illustration.

2) u say if people die for their own sin ...dey burn in hell ! WHAT HAPPEN TO THE PERSON THAT DIES FOR THE SIN! THE SIN! OF THE WHOLE WORLD ??
You don't know the meaning of death.
Explain the word death in these verses:
Rom 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."

2Cor 3:7 "But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away"

2Cor 7:10 "For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death."

Rom 7:5 "For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death."
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 11:41am On Dec 10, 2014
Hiswordxray:

You don't know the meaning of death.
Explain the word death in these verses:
Rom 8:6 "For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."

2Cor 3:7 "But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away"

2Cor 7:10 "For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death."

Rom 7:5 "For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death."

The whole writings is explained in rom 8:6 "for to be carnally minded is death" !!! Lols .... Jesus was carnally minded ! Abeg shift .. Dis is spiritual death !

The question canticles is askin u deals with the real death ! When the brain is switched off
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

The whole writings is explained in rom 8:6 "for to be carnally minded is death" !!! Lols .... Jesus was carnally minded ! Abeg shift .. Dis is spiritual death !

The question canticles is askin u deals with the real death ! When the brain is switched off
There is nothing like spiritual death.
Death is death.
Now explain what death mean in those verses.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
Hiswordxray post= 28752232:

Death does not mean when something cease to exist

" In the sweat of YOUR face you will eat bread until YOU return to the GROUND, for out of it YOU were taken. For dust YOU are and to dust YOU will RETURN" - GEN 3:19

Eternal life does not mean continue to exist , it does not mean living forever

" the righteous themselves shall possess the earth and they shall LIVE FOREVER On it" - psalm 37:29

Explain this bible verse ephesian 2: 1 -5

Eph 2:1 said "they are dead in their sins and trespasses" !!! Fine

This make us remember the parable of the prodigal son ! " this your brother was dead and came to life" Luke 15:32 !!! It doesnt mean the prodigal son was packaged inside the CASKET , or he was thrown into earth ...

It simply means he has genuinely repented from sin .... So also the people of Ephesus has repented from sinful works !!
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 2:48pm On Dec 10, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

" In the sweat of YOUR face you will eat bread until YOU return to the GROUND, for out of it YOU were taken. For dust YOU are and to dust YOU will RETURN" - GEN 3:19

" the righteous themselves shall possess the earth and they shall LIVE FOREVER On it" - psalm 37:29

Eph 2:1 said "they are dead in their sins and trespasses" !!! Fine

This make us remember the parable of the prodigal son ! " this your brother was dead and came to life" Luke 15:32 !!! It doesnt mean the prodigal son was packaged inside the CASKET , or he was thrown into earth ...

It simply means he has genuinely repented from sin .... So also the people of Ephesus has repented from sinful works !!
Nice try but that is all wrong.
Anyway let me now answer canticles questions.
CANTICLES:

1). Yes Jesus died even before he died physically. And Jesus flesh died even before he was born.
2). I didn't say if people die FOR their sin they would burn in Hell. But if people died IN their sin they would burn in Hell for eternity.
Eternity in Hell is the punishment for sin. Now Jesus is not a person but he is God. And Jesus was punished for the sins of the world and he was the offering for the sins of the world.
"Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin," (Isa 53:10)
First Jesus was punished by God on the cross for our sins. God is just as a result every sin must be punished. This is why it pleases God to bruise his son and in so doing He punished all the sins of the world in Jesus. The punishment Jesus suffered is more than being beaten and dying on the cross. God personally bruised his son.

Secondly Jesus was the offering of the sins of the whole world. You don't have to take a Lamb to Hell before it can be an acceptable offering. All you need to do is to kill it. And Jesus was the perfect Lamb that would take away the sins of the world.
"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29)
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CANTICLES: 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Nice try but that is all wrong

The whole scriptures in captivator's post above is RIGHT not wrong.....

Yes Jesus died even before he died physically. And Jesus flesh died even before he was born

The theory of men ..... No scripture say dis heresy

Eternity in hell is the purnishment for sin

Nope , if dats d case Jesus will have to taste the fictional hell empire for every man .... Did he ? Nooo !

" the wages of sin is Death " Rom 6:23 !! God has placed a curse of death on every human From the garden of Eden ( Gen 3:19)

" Through one Man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned " Rom 5:12

To Unlock it .... Jesus have to die For us and thus "taste death for every man" Heb 2:9

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
CANTICLES:

The whole scriptures in captivator's post above is RIGHT not wrong.....

The theory of men ..... No scripture say dis heresy

Nope , if dats d case Jesus will have to taste the fictional hell empire for every man .... Did he ? Nooo !

" the wages of sin is Death " Rom 6:23 !! God has placed a curse of death on every human From the garden of Eden ( Gen 3:19)

" Through one Man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned " Rom 5:12

To Unlock it .... Jesus have to die For us and thus "taste death for every man" Heb 2:9
Very good but what about the offering part I explained?
Since the wages of sin is death and Jesus had died for us then why do we still die?
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2014
CANTICLES:

Please tell me why we still die if Jesus had died for us?
"And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world." (1John 2:2). If Jesus died for the sins of the whole world then nobody should die anymore and everybody has eternal life.

So why do people die?
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CANTICLES: 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Please tell me why we still die if Jesus had died for us?
. If Jesus died for the sins of the whole world then nobody should die anymore

So why do people die?

" I am the RESSURECTION and the life, the one who exercises faith in me even though he dies, will come to life" joh 11:25

" I will ressurect him on the last day" - john 6:44

By tasting death for us , Jesus gave mankind a hope dat separate them from animals ..... RESSURECTION

" For since death came through one man, ressurection of the dead also come through another man" - 1 cor 15:21

BUT WHY ARE WE DYIN NOW ?

Unfortunately this present "world is lyin in the power of the WICKED ONE (DEVIL) " 1joh 5:19

And " devil has the way to bring death" heb 2:14

TILL WHEN ?
" Let ur kingdom come , and ur WILL be done on EARTH" .... Then " death the last enemy will be brought to nothing" 1cor 15: 24-26 ! Under Gods kingdom , Jesus ransom will eliminate death and "death will be no more" Rev 21:4

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
CANTICLES:

" I am the RESSURECTION and the life, the one who exercises faith in me even though he dies, will come to life" joh 11:25

" I will ressurect him on the last day" - john 6:44

By tasting death for us , Jesus gave mankind a hope dat separate them from animals ..... RESSURECTION

" For since death came through one man, ressurection of the dead also come through another man" - 1 cor 15:21

BUT WHY ARE WE DYIN NOW ?

Unfortunately this present "world is lyin in the power of the WICKED ONE (DEVIL) " 1joh 5:19

And " devil has the way to bring death" heb 2:14

TILL WHEN ?
" Let ur kingdom come , and ur WILL be done on EARTH" .... Then " death the last enemy will be brought to nothing" 1cor 15: 24-26 ! Under Gods kingdom , Jesus ransom will eliminate death and "death will be no more" Rev 21:4
"And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world." (1John 2:2)
"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29)
Since Jesus died for the sin of the world then everybody will resurrect.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 10:25am On Dec 11, 2014
[quote author=CAPTIVATOR post=28756441][/quote]
"And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and
not for ours only but also for the whole
world." (1John 2:2)
"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him,
and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes
away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29)
Since Jesus died for the sin of the world does this mean the whole world will resurrect?

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Since Jesus died for the sin of the world does this mean the whole world will resurrect?
Jesus told Martha " Your brother will rise." ..Martha Replied " I know he will rise in the Ressurection at the Last Day"- John 11:23,24

Martha has such a strong hope because she has heard Jesus say:

' Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the Grave will hear the Voice of the Son of God and come out' - John 5:28,29 !

But before makin dis statement , Jesus has already make a powerful statement, which is:

" Most truly i say to You, The hour is comin and it is now, when the dead will hear the voice of the son of God and those who have given heed will live" - joh 5:25 ! Those who had not given heed will neva come to life

An example of someone who wont be resurected is found in John 17:12

" When I was with them I used to watch over them... And i have kept them, and not one of them is destroyed EXCEPT the son of destruction"
! By callin him ( Judas) the son of destruction .... It means Judas is destroyed and has no hope of a resurection

This makes us remember proverb 11:7 that says:

" when a wicken man dies, his hope perish"

" when a wicked man dies, his hope perish"

So also Job 36:6 dat says

" God WILL NOT preserve anyone wicked alive"

BUT SOME PEOPLE DIED IN IGNORANCE ?

Yes , God remembers them ..... We are talkin about people who live without the knowledge of God and His son christ e.g those Nigerian forefathers dat lived and died before the advent of christianity in Africa ! Just an example

The bible says :

" there is going to be a ressurection of the righteous and the Unrighteous" - Act 24:15

The unrighteous here are dose who lived in " ignorance " - Act 17:30

Act 24:15 says this unrighteous ones will be resurected ! They only benefit from the ransom that God provide through Christ

Regarding Ressurection

" it is unthinkable that God would put to death the righteous man with the wicked one so that it has to occur with the righteous man as it does the wicked! It is unthinkable of God. Is the Judge of the of all the earth not going to do what is right? "
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Jesus told Martha " Your brother will rise." ..Martha Replied " I know he will rise in the Ressurection at the Last Day"- John 11:23,24

Martha has such a strong hope because she has heard Jesus say:

' Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the Grave will hear the Voice of the Son of God and come out' - John 5:28,29 !

But before makin dis statement , Jesus has already make a powerful statement, which is:

" Most truly i say to You, The hour is comin and it is now, when the dead will hear the voice of the son of God and those who have given heed will live" - joh 5:25 ! Those who had not given heed will neva come to life

An example of someone who wont be resurected is found in John 17:12

" When I was with them I used to watch over them... And i have kept them, and not one of them is destroyed EXCEPT the son of destruction"
! By callin him ( Judas) the son of destruction .... It means Judas is destroyed and has no hope of a resurection

This makes us remember proverb 11:7 that says:

" when a wicken man dies, his hope perish"

" when a wicked man dies, his hope perish"

So also Job 36:6 dat says

" God WILL NOT preserve anyone wicked alive"

BUT SOME PEOPLE DIED IN IGNORANCE ?

Yes , God remembers them ..... We are talkin about people who live without the knowledge of God and His son christ e.g those Nigerian forefathers dat lived and died before the advent of christianity in Africa ! Just an example

The bible says :

" there is going to be a ressurection of the righteous and the Unrighteous" - Act 24:15

The unrighteous here are dose who lived in " ignorance " - Act 17:30

Act 24:15 says this unrighteous ones will be resurected ! They only benefit from the ransom that God provide through Christ

Regarding Ressurection

" it is unthinkable that God would put to death the righteous man with the wicked one so that it has to occur with the righteous man as it does the wicked! It is unthinkable of God. Is the Judge of the of all the earth not going to do what is right? "

Since Jesus died for the sin of the world does this
mean the whole world will resurrect?

Are you saying those verses are not correct?
Please explain the verses above and tell me our it fit into your teachings.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Since Jesus died for the sin of the world does this
mean the whole world will resurrect?

Are you saying those verses are not correct?

YES correct .... Jesus takes away the sin of the world , and thus we all now have hope !

But before any son of Adam can benefit from what Jesus has done And be resurected to live forever, this are the criteria :

" For God love the world so much that he gave his only begotten son, So that #everyone Exercisin Faith In Him# might not be destroyed but have everlasting life" ! -john 3:16

Those who use faith in this provision and obey Gods law are d ones who will have the hope of been resurected to everlastin life , while others will be destroyed - john 3:16

" Exercise faith in God (JEHOVAH) , also exercise faith in me ( Jesus)" - john 14:1

" this means everlastin life, THEIR COMING to know you, the Only True God ( JEHOVAH), and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ" - Joh 17:3 !
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

YES .... Jesus takes away the sin of the world , and thus we all now have hope !

But before any son of Adam can benefit from what Jesus has done And be resurected to live forever, this are the criteria :

" For God love the world so much that he gave his only begotten son, So that everyone exercisin faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life" ! -john 3:16

Those who use faith in this provision and obey Gods law are d ones who will have the hope of been resurected to everlastin life , while others will be destoyed - john 3:16

" Exercise faith in God , also exercise faith in me" - john 14:1

" this means everlastin life, THEIR COMING to know you, the Only True God ( JEHOVAH), and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ" - Joh 17:3 !

If Jesus took away the sin of the world and if the wages of sin is death. Since the wages of the sin of the world had been paid then the whole world shouldn't die and if they die then they should be resurrected.

So tell me what exactly is those verses saying.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

YES correct .... Jesus takes away the sin of the world , and thus we all now have hope !

OK let me try to understand you.
Are you saying the sin of the world had been paid for but the world have to pay for their sin again if they don't believe?

This means Jesus wasted is time on the cross
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hiswordxray:

If Jesus took away the sin of the world and if the wages of sin is death. Since the wages of the sin of the world had been paid then the whole world shouldn't die and if they die then they should be resurrected.

God shows his undeserved kindness by sendin Christ
for the world

" What are we to say then? Should we continue in sin so that undeserved kindness may increase? Certainly NOT" ! - ROM 6:1,2
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 11:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hiswordxray:

OK let me try to understand you.
Are you saying the sin of the world had been paid for but the world have to pay for their sin again if they don't believe?

This means Jesus wasted is time on the cross

Jesus didnt waste his time .... He achieved the followin:

1) Forgiveness Of Sin: we are prone to err as human, through Jesus ransom sacrifice, a sincere person can receive " forgiveness of sin" Col 1:13,14 without havin to slaughter rams and cow as sacrifice .

2) Serving God with a clean conscience: .... The blood or ransom sacrifice of Christ " cleanse our consciences from Dead works, so that we may render sacred service to the Living God" - Heb 9:14

3) HOPE of everlasting life on earth :

"let Ur Kingdom Come ,.... And YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH as it is in heaven" - matt 6:9,10

" the gift God gives is everlasting life through Christ Jesus" Rom 6:23

" the righteous shall possess the Earth and they shall live forever on it" - psalm 37:29 !!!
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 12:00am On Dec 12, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

God shows his undeserved kindness by sendin Christ
for the world

" What are we to say then? Should we continue in sin so that undeserved kindness may increase? Certainly NOT" ! - ROM 6:1,2
My question is, why does the world need to pay for their sin if Jesus had already paid for it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Member & Late Nollywood Actor Sam Loco Efe Burning In Hell Fire / Have Always Knew Walt Disney Got Something To Do With Illuminati... / 5 archeological evidences to proof the Bible is real(with pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.