Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Using The Fear Of Hell - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using The Fear Of Hell (6184 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ / Woman Gets A Glimpse Of Hell After Suicide Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
U are right but i remain the the only giant capable of saving himself from himself. U are very right i fear that i might do something that i didnt plan out of anger. bus as for u ur deliverance is in hellven
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
honourhim:

Why won't you agree with him? Both of you share one thing in common here- the fear of hell fire. Yet your agreement with him hasn't changed him from atheism so what have you achieved? Nothing.

No amount of denial can save you from the torment of the lake of fire, only Jesus can save you bro.

How can you say I fear when I reject your religious dogma and churchianity ??

Only those who are afraid remain with churchianity and pay tithes and offerings for fear that they may be thrown into hell at the slightest provocation, lol.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
If u dont understand a message it means it is not for u. u dont hav to abuse or make silly coment on something that doestnt hav to do with u. the right pple got it well
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by undercat: 4:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
Jesus Christ went to hell and came out clean after three days. This indicates that hell can clean a dirty soul. If souls can be cleansed in hell, then eternal punishment is unnecessary, and even counter productive since it does not allow cleansing. Strangely most Christians prefer to focus on eternal incineration in hell, which is the least pleasant alternative, as the best way through which justice can be obtained.

Maybe they just like the fear.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
ifeness:

Whenever i entertain fear, i know something is wrong. I look into that fear only to find out that i need to get rid of some negative belief i may i bought into. Best thing is to face your fear and it will disappear. Do not bow to it or else it will make you a prisoner.

Hell is not real. Believing in it means you had a poor childhood.
Oh! no wonder.
You think your fear is is as a result of your belief.
Well, that is why you have been fighting it all this while and keep fail to overcome it.
Your concept about fear is wrong. Fear is in your nature and no matter how you fight it you can not overcome it until you nature is change through the rebirth. When you become born again your nature is change to the nature of God (2Pet 1:4). And you share the love nature of God, for perfect love cast out fear? (1John 4:17).

If you continue doing it your way, you would keep failing and become restless.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Oh! no wonder.
You think your fear is is as a result of your belief.
Well, that is why you have been fighting it all this while and keep fail to overcome it.
Your concept about fear is wrong. Fear is in your nature and no matter how you fight it you can not overcome it until you nature is change through the rebirth. When you become born again your nature is change to the nature of God (2Pet 1:4). And you share the love nature of God, for perfect love cast out fear? (1John 4:17).

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Oh! no wonder.
. And you share the love nature of God, for perfect love cast out fear? (1John 4:17).

As per bolded, you have not been made perfect in love which is why you are still operating under the realm of fear.

Thank You.

smiley
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
frosbel:

Oh! is that you?
Because that man in the picture looks like a person who will create a trend like this.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
frosbel:

As per bolded, you have not been made perfect in love which is why you are still operating under the realm of fear.

Thank You.

smiley
"For by one offering He has PERFECTED forever those who are being sanctified." (Heb 10:14).
So you see I am perfect even in love therefore I don't operate in the realm of fear.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
johnydon22:

what is this one saying
I am saying you need help and I am ready to help you because God loves you.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

I am saying you need help and I am ready to help you because God loves you.

God loves you so much that he will throw you into an eternal torture chamber for eons and eons no end. Friend, stop smoking that stuff.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CANTICLES: 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Oh! is that what you tell yourself in order to overcome your fear.

Ur problem is the Platonic Greek IMMORTAL SOUL doctrine

Answer dis: Did JESUS DIE? (OR) its Only his flesh that dies ??
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
u are right, im the only one who can save me from me. i fear me that i may do something unplaned out of anger. only me the gentle gladiator is big enough to save me. as for u hellven can save u.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
frosbel:

God loves you so much that he will throw you into an eternal torture chamber for eons and eons no end. Friend, stop smoking that stuff.
That is your problem, you have no idea what love is.
Love is hate.
Love is justice.
Love is jealousy.
Love is a consuming fire.
Yet love is all good.
"Set me as a seal upon your heart, As a seal upon your arm; For love is as strong as death, Jealousy as cruel as the grave; Its flames are flames of fire, A most vehement flame." (Songs 8:6).

Yes God loves you so much that he would forever condemn anything that will hurt you. He would throw away every evil into hell so that you can be safe from them.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
By aliens? u got
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
CANTICLES:

Ur problem is the Platonic Greek IMMORTAL SOUL doctrine

Answer dis: Did JESUS DIE? (OR) its Only his flesh that dies ??

Your problem is that you have no idea what your religion is about.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CANTICLES: 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Your problem is that you have no idea what your religion is about.

You are offside, religion is nonsense !! ...... Once again:

Answer dis: Did JESUS DIE ? (OR) its Only his flesh dat dies ??
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
CANTICLES:

You are offside, religion is nonsense !! ...... Once again:

Answer dis: Did JESUS DIE ? (OR) its Only his flesh dat dies ??
I am not going to answer your question because it's a waste of time and I don't do argument.

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CANTICLES: 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

I am not going to answer your question because it's a waste of time and I don't do argument.

The pattern of Jesus death shows how much uv been drinkin d tea of pagan greek immortal soul !!! u cant answer

" the son of man will be in the heart of the earth ( Grave) for three days and three nights" matt 12:40 !

" as for the dead, " " the dead" " the dead" ... They are conscious of nothing at all ......and there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the GRAVE, where YOU are going ! - ecc 9:5,10 !

"the GRAVE , where YOU!, YOU! Are going" ecc 9:10

" This is what is written: that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the Dead on THE THIRD DAY" - luk 24:46 !! Plato has led u astray, Christ was in grave till his resurection on d third day,

Humans are in grave till ressurection at d last day ( John 6:44, ecc 9:10) ...

Jesus Died and went to the grave ! ........ And was released thru ressurection . ( matt 12:40)
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
CANTICLES:

The pattern of Jesus death shows how much uv been drinkin d tea of pagan greek immortal soul !!! u cant answer

" the son of man will be in the heart of the earth ( Grave) for three days and three nights" matt 12:40 !

" as for the dead, " " the dead" " the dead" ... They are conscious of nothing at all ......and there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the GRAVE, where YOU are going ! - ecc 9:5,10 !

"the GRAVE , where YOU!, YOU! Are going" ecc 9:10

" This is what is written: that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the Dead on THE THIRD DAY" - luk 24:46 !! Plato has led u astray, Christ was in grave till his resurection on d third day,

Humans are in grave till ressurection at d last day ( John 6:44, ecc 9:10) ...

Jesus Died and went to the grave ! ........ And was released thru ressurection . ( matt 12:40)

Believe the truth (for Jesus is the truth) or PERISH IN HELL!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

You meant he will be burning and roasting in hell for what your bipolar god calls a sin? Knowing that your god is bipolar,he could still change his mind as usual and throw those in heaven into hell for not worshiping him properly.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
ifeness:

You meant he will be burning and roasting in hell for what your bipolar god calls a sin? Knowing that your god is bipolar,he could still change his mind as usual and throw those in heaven into hell for not worshiping him properly.
Oh! you are hoping I wouldn't come and keep you company in Hell. Well, you would wait for eternity.

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Stop dis noise ..... Dont try to control an adult child with " ojuju calabar" ! No wonder u cant answer dat simple question canticles gave u,

WHAT IS HELL ? Hell is d english word used to translate hebrew " sheo'l" and greek "hade's " ... Which means " GRAVE" !

REV 20:14 King james Bible
"and death and hell were cast into the lake of fire"

REV 20:14 New international version
" then death and hade's were thrown into the lake of fire"

REV 20:14 NEW living translation
" then death and the GRAVE were thrown into the lake of fire"

Rev 20:14 Aramaic Bible in plain english
"and death and sheo'l were cast into the lake of fire" !

Death here was personified , it cant be tortured, Lake of fire itself symbolize second " DEATH " rev 21:8! Anythin dat goes into d symbolic lake of fire cease to exist

Explained: it simply means " death will cease to exist" Rev 21:4 !

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hell is an element of fear employed by the pastors to imbibe reverence in the minds of their believers.

This is not something new tho. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by honourhim: 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
frosbel:

How can you say I fear when I reject your religious dogma and churchianity ??

Only those who are afraid remain with churchianity and pay tithes and offerings for fear that they may be thrown into hell at the slightest provocation, lol.

Assuming lake of fire is an empty threat from us, why are you putting in so much effort denying it?

Your attitude smacks of fear and great panicking. People don't put in these level of effort in dealing with empty threats bro.

You believe that constantly denying it will help wipe away its reality that is staring you in the face. It won't.
Children of God don't need to be afraid of hell because we are not going there (by God's grace). Ours is to look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. It is sinners that are scared of hell that's why we keep reminding them to avoid hell by coming to Jesus. Check yourself bro.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Stop dis noise ..... Dont try to control an adult child with " ojuju calabar" ! No wonder u cant answer dat simple question canticles gave u,

WHAT IS HELL ? Hell is d english word used to translate hebrew " sheo'l" and greek "hade's " ... Which means " GRAVE" !

REV 20:14 King james Bible
"and death and hell were cast into the lake of fire"

REV 20:14 New international version
" then death and hade's were thrown into the lake of fire"

REV 20:14 NEW living translation
" then death and the GRAVE were thrown into the lake of fire"

Rev 20:14 Aramaic Bible in plain english
"and death and sheo'l were cast into the lake of fire" !

Death here was personified , it cant be tortured, Lake of fire itself symbolize second " DEATH " rev 21:8! Anythin dat goes into d symbolic lake of fire cease to exist

Explained: it simply means " death will cease to exist" Rev 21:4 !
This is exactly your problem, you have no idea what Hell is.
The word translated as Hell in the old testament is Sheol in Hebrew.
This new testament was written in Greek and there are three different words translated as Hell.
1). Hade: this same word is translated in Hebrew as Sheol which literally means the place of the dead. All the verses that mentioned this word in the new testament are - Matt 11:23. Matt 16:18.Luk 10:15. Luk 16:23. Act 2:27&31. Rev 1:18. Rev 20:13&14.

2). Gehenna: this is different from hade because each time it is mentioned in the Bible it use to refer to a place where all evil both human and falling angels will be thrown during the end of the world after God's final judgment. Verses are - Matt 5:22,29&30. Matt 10:28. Matt 18:9. Matt 23:15,33. Mar 9:43,45&47. Luk 12:5. and Jam 3:6.

3). Tartarus: refers to the prison of darkness where some of the fallen angels are kept until when they will be thrown into Gehenna. The only verse is 2Pet 2:4.

Go and study these verses yourself and Stop relying on watch tower.

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by CAPTIVATOR: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
honourhim:

Assuming lake of fire is an empty threat from us, why are you putting in so much effort denying it?

Listen !

1.) it make God worst Than PAGANS

" they do for their gods every Detestable thing that Jehovah hates, EVEN BURNING THEIR SONS AND THEIR DAUGHTERS in the FIRE to their gods" - deu 12:31

2) IT MAKE GOD WORST THAN THIS MAN

"then Nebuchadnezzar became so furious with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego that the expression of his face changed towards them, and he gave orders to HEAT THE FURNACE 7 times Hotter than usual ... And bind shadrach, meshach and Abednego and to throw them into the burning fiery furnace"
- Dan 3: 19,20

3) IT STAINS GOD'S PERSONALTY

" they built the high places of Ba'al in other to Burn their sons in the fire as a whole burnt offering to Baal. Something that I had not commanded or Spoken of and that had never even come into my heart " Jer 19:5

2 Likes

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
honourhim:

Your attitude smacks of fear and great panicking. People don't put in these level of effort in dealing with empty threats bro.

You believe that constantly denying it will help wipe away its reality that is staring you in the face. It won't.
Children of God don't need to be afraid of hell because we are not going there (by God's grace). Ours is to look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. It is sinners that are scared of hell that's why we keep reminding them to avoid hell by coming to Jesus. Check yourself bro.

What is this brainwashed church goer talking about ?

Repent of your idols so that you will see the true light of God.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Hiswordxray(m): 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
honourhim:

Ours is to look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. It is sinners that are scared of hell that's why we keep reminding them to avoid hell by coming to Jesus. Check yourself bro.
Wow! this is a very powerful statement that only a few Christians speaks. Christianity is basically about looking onto Jesus. It impossible for you to go to Hell when you spend your life looking onto Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by honourhim: 11:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
frosbel:

What is this brainwashed church goer talking about ?

Repent of your idols so that you will see the true light of God.

If you have the true light of God you won't be afraid of hell fire bro. Free yourself of this great fear. I can see you are struggling very hard to do it your own way. It doesn't work that way. Only Jesus can save you.

What you are doing now is equivalent to what the atheist are doing in denying the existence of God.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by honourhim: 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Wow! this is a very powerful statement that only a few Christians speaks. Christianity is basically about looking onto Jesus. It impossible for you to go to Hell when you spend your life looking onto Jesus.

Yes o my brother. Looking unto Jesus.
Re: Using The Fear Of Hell by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Listen Mr.Church, the gospel is not about heaven and hell ( try and think for a moment ), it is about the good news of the kingdom.

Inadvertently, you are propagating a false gospel, a gospel of darkness and hopelessness and this is why the land of Nigeria is laden and saturated with evil despite the proliferation of churches in every nook and cranny of that evil place.

If you are bearers of the light. why is your light so dim ? why are the people still in darkness ? what hope are you selling to them apart from the LIE of Tithe and offerings and subsequent deliverance from hell. Why are unbelievers more trustworthy and ethical than most so called Christians and this , despite your HELL doctrine.

Liars !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today / Former CAN President Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Divorces Wife After 25 Years / What Will Be Your Prayer Points If You Attend Ur Church's Cross-over Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.