Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. (102798 Views)

Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) / Kutty And The Ghetto Story By Rounakid (kutty) / Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kwencypresh(f): 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kinwayne wher er u?
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by StormAngel(f): 12:00am On Jan 20, 2015
pryd:
lmfao kinwayne I swear u b clown. hilarious piece! cool StormAngel you should see this. cheesy
cheesy
am here now dear cheesy
tnks swy

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by pryd(m): 7:47am On Jan 20, 2015
StormAngel:

cheesy
am here now dear cheesy
tnks swy

uwc deary...enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
kinwayne:
Episode 15.

'Una know that big man church for mile 10? That rich man church na wey just to enter gate you go must pay 500 Grand' Theo said pointing to an imaginative direction to explain his point.

Emma and I nodded our head unanimously.

'That church wey ministers and presidents dey attend' Emma said.

'That church wey the A.c and interior design fit make angel park Come down from heaven' I added.

'Exactly' Theo affirmed. 'Them don call me, Reverend T. To come minister for their weekly night service today oo' Theo added excitedly.

@Kinwayne, i noticed some error in your use of the bolded word "park". This is actually the second time i have seen you use it wrongly in this story. Your statement about the angel implies the angel can leave heaven to live in the church. In this instance, you should have used the word "Pack". It is more suitable for the context.

The second instance is in Episode 14,

The bolded word below implied you had to carry your load and leave the place. The applicable word in this instance is "Pack" as in "Pack my kaya"

'Yay! Wayo! Wayo! Haba mallam maiyesa kaimini kaka,which meant, Choi mallam, wetin I do wey make you do me so?' Emma screamed holding his bald head, sorry bald red head as he ran out of the house. I never knew he understood hausa.

'My pikin, na you be next to receive the hand of Ojimoimoi' The baba said to me, while I hissed and stood up jejely.

I didn't need to be told to park my kaya and leave that place else I might even receive worst than Emma. To hell with money making rituals.

Emma learnt his lesson and from that day on, I never failed to tease him about what happened in the baba's shrine.

3 Likes

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Hector90(m): 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
U r doing gr8 bro.
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by StormAngel(f): 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kinwayne nice 1. Keep it up dear.
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 9:43am On Jan 22, 2015
So sorry guys for not updating this thread, I have really been busy.. Would update tonight by God's grace,
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Hector90(m): 5:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
Pls do well 2 update
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Hector90(m): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
We want more pls
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by donPhill(m): 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
sir kingwayne ....we re waiting
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by asaajuomo1(m): 11:17am On Jan 24, 2015
where are U Mr. Story?
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by EbuGeneral(m): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
many unfinished episodes. From Steph to Theo to Rtd General's Daughter.. na wa o.. Theo never recover? only slap?
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
EbuGeneral:
many unfinished episodes. From Steph to Theo to Rtd General's Daughter.. na wa o.. Theo never recover? only slap?

And they would all be attended to. I wouldn't just bring in an empty plot to the story.

******** STORY CONTINUES ********
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 2:43pm On Jan 25, 2015
Episode 25.

'Ah! Landlady? Old soldier wife? Emma!' I screamed before covering my mouth with my two hands.

The landlady was shaken with fear, she didn't expect me to be at home at that time of the night.

'Emma, I think you been talk say this your shegeyaro roommate done travel?' The landlady asked.

Emma stammered, 'Me sef no know wetin him dey do here o, Him been tell me say he dey travel'.

'Ah! Emma! Which time I tell you say I dey travel?' I asked furiously.

'Shutup there Mr.Man, if you love your life this night better dey go back to where you dey come from o' Emma fired back.

'Ah, Emma, for my room wey I dey pay house rent with my own money again?' I questioned, while he just started at me with a plain face.

The landlady just kept mute while I and Emma questioned each other. A brief introduction to my landlady. She is the meanest person on planet earth, feared by all, and when I mean all, I also include old soldier too.

She's got too sons who were shorter than 'Aki N Pawpaw' themselves, they had huge body build up which made them look like macho-commandos. Landlady never failed to use them as instruments of attack whenever she had any problem with any tenant. She was feared by all, and I feared for my self that night.

'Scorpion! Stinky!' Landlady called out.

'Ma-le!!' Two deep bass voice answered from two rooms away.

Before I could say Jack Robertson, the two short devils waltzed into my room. The landlady spoke to them in their dialect and what happened next was something I would never forget.

Scorpion,the first boy, sorry man, swept me off my feet like a broom while stinky the second whisked me up and placed me on his shoulders, placing me in a lockdown that I couldn't even move a part of my body.

I was carried outside on the shoulder of stinky and dropped like a bag of sand on the hard stoned floor in the middle of the compound.

'Scorpion, Stinky' I cried out, 'Abeg no do me this thing, we fit sort this thing out, na me o, your main man' I added with a tearful cheek trying to take a glance at their face but that was when the first punch landed on my face.

'Kpowai'

My face changed direction. I knew they always visited the gym for buildup exercises but did they also build up their hands. That punch weighed over a 100kg.

I was still holding my face in pain when the second punch came in.

'Val! Val!' Wake up jare, we don late for lectures' Emma tapped me on my face waking me up from my dream.

I sat upright spontaneously on the bed trying hard to comprehend what just happened. So I was dreaming all this while? Thank God the event with the landlady and her cruel sons was just a dream but what about the beautiful lady who helped me to the hospital, was that a dream too?

'That better not be a dream o' I cried within.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by teamplayey: 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kind of dry;
Buckle up Kinwayne
#seriously!
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
teamplayey:
Kind of dry;
Buckle up Kinwayne
#seriously!

More funny scenes loading

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by KingzPen(m): 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2015
I don't do this, but just have to... First, it seems you have lost track on something, and it all appear to me that you wanna crack your readers only. Don't write cos you wanna make people laugh or just because you wanna write, but write to pass a message...

Secondly, your characters kinda talk and reason alike, which shouldn't be so. Take time to do a proper character analysis before writing. Know each of your character very well, well enough to show us who they really are, their flaws, strength, likes and dislikes, etc.

Lastly, try not to do a direct description, it's quite cliche. Try to be explicit or do your description with the eyes of a character or perhaps your protagonist. The way you described the landlady is too direct and not quite attractive.

Above all, you have really done a nice job... Keep it up...

Still Following...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 6:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
KingzPen:
I don't do this, but just have to... First, it seems you have lost track on something, and it all appear to me that you wanna crack your readers only. Don't write cos you wanna make people laugh or just because you wanna write, but write to pass a message...

Secondly, your characters kinda talk and reason alike, which shouldn't be so. Take time to do a proper character analysis before writing. Know each of your character very well, well enough to show us who they really are, their flaws, strength, likes and dislikes, etc.

Lastly, try not to do a direct description, it's quite cliche. Try to be explicit or do your description with the eyes of a character or perhaps your protagonist. The way you described the landlady is too direct and not quite attractive.

Above all, you have really done a nice job... Keep it up...

Still Following...

Thanx alot. Corrections noted.

The main plot I had in mind for this story when I began was for it to be a love story, but people kinda mistook it for comedy and I tried to flow with them.

Nevertheless, your corrections have brought me back on track and am grateful for it.

The main plot why I chose to write this story would soon suffice and I know y'all would love it.
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by teamplayey: 7:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
kinwayne:

More funny scenes loading

*waiting for the scenes!
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by teamplayey: 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
@ Kinwayne:
You give the impression like you did not prepare this story. Like u are writing from ur head. That makes for a lot of distractions and sincerely, it won't take you far.
You need to focus and get your act right. Having mentors also helps.
#just my two-cents*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by EbuGeneral(m): 11:22pm On Jan 25, 2015
OK, continue
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fatalveli(m): 10:03am On Jan 26, 2015
Kinwayne, I wanna have a little chat with you, should I mail you. Pls reply Asap
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 11:42am On Jan 26, 2015
Fatalveli:
Kinwayne, I wanna have a little chat with you, should I mail you. Pls reply Asap

I would be glad, you're free to mail me.. You can also add me up on whatsapp to facilitate our chat 08114957127

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fatalveli(m): 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
kinwayne:

I would be glad, you're free to mail me.. You can also add me up on whatsapp to facilitate our chat 08114957127
I've added ur digits, we'll chat on whatsapp
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 8:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
Episode 26.

Emma waited for me while I hurriedly entered the bathroom and took a quick shower, came out as I creamed, powdered, wore my body perfume and clothes, and then finally taking a glance at my fine boy face in the mirror before joining Emma and off we went.

Time check. 8am.

We bounced into campus as if our father was the vice chancellor, probably because our lectures that day was scheduled to start from 9am.

At the school's main gate, A couple of handshakes from our guys and a bunch of hugs also from the female foes we met at the gate and we were done with the morning pleasantries.

Emma and I briskly walked away from the gate as we approached the school's senate building located besides a round about.

We then passed the famous Queen Amina hall and was heading to the faculty of science when Emma realised he had'nt photocopied some important documents which he would submit in his department. He pleaded I followed him which I declined, with the excuse that I had something important to do in my department before lectures started but he was insistent, giving me no other option.

We took a turn to our left and entered 'Evolution Cafe' which was located inside the school's social centre. And that was when he saw her.

We had entered the cyber cafe recklessly without taking a mental note of the people present, so that just incase we needed to dodge from someone, it would have been easy.

The sales person had already started attending to Emma's documents when Bella walked up to Emma with anger in her eyes.

Bella was a pretty tall chocolate skinned lady who Emma woed some months ago with intentions of her just being a one time thing. He had stopped calling and texting her immediately he got what he wanted from her and that was what broke the poor girls heart.

The moment Emma saw her, he fidgeted spontaneously with fright while I codedly stepped back a bit. I could see rage in her eyes and anger at Emma for dumping her for no reason.

'Emma! How could you?' Bella began. 'How could you treat me this way, I loved you but you took me worse than a street harlot' She added with her eyes already clouded with bubbles of tears waiting to burst out.

Emma just stood there looking directly at her with his mouth shut as if she wasn't talking to him.

'Emma! Please I just need you to tell me the truth, Ever since you slept with me, you've been acting totally strange. You don't call me, text me, pick my calls or even reply my messages, please in any way I offended you, please forgive me' She pleaded and dropped to her kneels holding the bottom of Emma trousers.

By this time, a crowd had formed as they stared at Emma and Bella who didn't bother about them as she continued in her pleas. Honestly, I can't remember the last time a Nigerian girl drop to her kneels and beg a broke ass nigga who logically didn't have anything good to offer her. It totally seemed like I was watching nollywood, cuz its only there that this type of episode happens.

Emma who had been mute all along opened his mouth to talk with a naughty grin plastered on his face.

He smiled, used his right hand and lifted up the face of the downcast Bella who was weeping her eyes out. Sincerely, I felt for this girl.

'Bella stop acting immature, I see no reason for this catastrophic scene you're displaying' Emma said plainly with no sign of remorse.

'Please just tell me why you wouldn't pick my calls, reply my messages or even call me, is that how heartless you are?' Bella responded with her head still bowed in tears.

Emma looked at her and asked.
'You want to know why I don't call you or pick your calls?'

She replied with a nod.

Emma continued without remorse or thinking whether what he was about saying might break the girl's heart further.

'Have you ever seen a president campaigning after winning an election?' Emma spoke out.

What he just said took everyone by suprise including me. He was supposed to be consoling or playing along with the poor girl but instead he chose to hurt her more. The window of tears were open as Bella cried even louder.

I became enraged and angered at Emma, who was just smiling unremorsefully. How could he treat a girl who has ignored everyone and pride just to show him her true love in such way?

I moved closer to him and shoved him a punch in the face. He was startled. He didn't think I could be against him but I was. I was ready to fight for the sake of Bella.

Onlookers were having a field time as evolution cafe was filled.

Emma looked at me with uncertainty to confirm whether the punch was just a farcass but I interpreted it for him by decking him with another sizzling uppercut. Everyone was surprised. No one expected to ever see I and Emma fighting, but I had no option. I had to treat his f'up and tell him physically that he did real bad in embarrassing Bella in that way.

I moved closer to Emma who by now realised I wasn't joking.

Unknown to me, my single act of selflessness had won the heart of someone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by solomonbrown64: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
..... hmm..... Fighting for Bella , I presume u r Jacob or is it Edward..... Lol..... It's good to no u r back and writing the "story" and not "jokes,"..... Thumbs up man..... #still ur no 1 fan....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
solomonbrown64:
..... hmm..... Fighting for Bella , I presume u r Jacob or is it Edward..... Lol..... It's good to no u r back and writing the "story" and not "jokes,"..... Thumbs up man..... #still ur no 1 fan....

I appreciate bro... Thanx alot.

3 Likes

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by teamplayey: 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
. . .Still I read
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 12:10am On Jan 27, 2015
teamplayey:
. . .Still I read

thanx bro
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Ali1king: 12:58am On Jan 27, 2015
I go dey with u o o o
i no go leave this thread o o o
i will follow this thread o o o
But.....

One one cordition o o o

Regular UPDATE is needed O O O

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 7:16am On Jan 27, 2015
Hello guys! Please and Please, today is the last day for the voting period. It wouldn't take you less than 3seconds to cast your votes for me... Kindly vote for me for the best new comer by clicking here https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014. Would be glad to see your votes.

Vote me for the best newcomer category award. Thanx alot. Love y'all....
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fatalveli(m): 7:34am On Jan 27, 2015
[b]Good Morning Nairalanders, I've got a real discussion with you guys and I want your cooperation, you all know that many writers in this literature section are really vexed with us right now simply because we are selfish. Plagiarism rate on NL is becoming alarming and we can't do nothing about it, writers are sacrificing there work being plagiarised and their precious time to satisfy us and we are not paying them for it, but princesa has taking that upon herself and all we just have to do is Vote. Let's show this people love, maybe writers like myself and Tiffany would give it a second thought about not posting our work in here anymore. I know we can all do it, we are not selfish and we will show this writers that we love them more than they can ever imagine. If you haven't go voted for the best writer of the month and the best newcomer in the awards thread. Just go over there and type, I vote tiffany- best writer and I vote Kinwayne for the best newcomer, these are the writers of my choice and you are all free to vote for the writer of your choice.
Note: We cannot reward this people for the entertainment their giving us but we can very much award them and that what we are gonna do. Thanks ya'll in anticipation, your vote countsgrin [/b] www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / Undecided / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.