Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Ribadu Flees Nigeria? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Flees Nigeria? (11880 Views)

Okorocha Flees Nigeria As EFCC Queries Diversion of 2bn bailout- Thisday / Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter / Investor Flees Nigeria After Being Paid N32b For Vessels - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2008
@ Creativity-- I now see ur point; what u r saying is if the EFCC wants ribadu to appear he should like any other citizen --This point is very valid.
But the EFCC have not said that they are invistigating ribadu or that he has commited any crime; they have not accused him or anything except u know of any kindly please post; which is why i believe he wasnt arrested all the while he was @ NIPSS; atleast we know he doesnt have any immunity. The Only thing widely publish is the request from waziri for a proper hand over; he ribadu refuted saying he doent need to as he had already handed over to lamorde; if u go a few pages back u will see post of this.
A questions for your; as you have earlier stated that he is innocent until proven guilty; do you agree with the demotion of ribadu ?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2008
just in case you did not know: between sep 2008 and dec 2008, efcc has invited mr ribadu for at least 8 times, for questioning and clarification of some open issues, but the man clearly disregarded every single invitation. to be fair and civilized, do not let us go into those open issues, that is for another time.
now question for you: what happened to those people that disregarded invitation from efcc when ribadu was the chairman?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2008
cre8tivity:

just in case you did not know: between sep 2008 and dec 2008, efcc has invited mr ribadu for at least 8 times, for questioning and clarification of some open issues, but the man clearly disregarded every single invitation. to be fair and civilized, do not let us go into those open issues, that is for another time.
now question for you: what happened to those people that disregarded invitation from efcc when ribadu was the chairman?

He wasn't invited for questioning; they wanted clarifications on ongoing investigation; and as i believe u have read his reply to their invitation; U didnt answer my question,please do, I will answer urs; They get arrested; That is what I would have expected the EFCC to do if they require him for questioning; but they couldn't because they do not require him for questioning but require him for help to aid them solve on going case; hope u see the difference; like i said earlier while he was @ NIPSS he had no immunity- so no excuse by the EFCC or Police. If anybody is required for question and fail to report themselve they get arrested. It's that simple.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by larez(m): 2:08pm On Dec 12, 2008
Mrs Waziri alias Cre8tivity: Madam, we are not stupid here. Stop trying to justify your witch-hunt for the benefit of them guys who have paid Millions of dollars in your account. Do you realize that all that money you collected will only bring you woes? REPENT AND WORK FOR THE NATION
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2008
for those people who are still having trouble seeing what was wrong with ribadu's stunt, you might remain blind for a very long time. but for ribadu to finally showed up yesterday and willing to deal with whatever they place in-front of him shows that he has realized his mistake. i do not know how long it would take you guys to understand that obeying the rules and regulations by every single nigerian citizen "old, young, poor, rich, hausa, ibo, igbo, yoruba, fulani etc" is the only way out of the darkness.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by theopops: 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2008
I am loving this more and more. Moves, good questions.

Creativity aka ehie, please answer the questions Moves is asking you. As you can see, he is not attacking your person, but simply asking questions. Maybe, you can help us understand your stand.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2008
1st, mr move doesn't understand many things, therefore it's makes no-sense to answer a question coming from someone that clearly doesn't have a clue.
2nd, the biggest mistake efcc could have made was to arrest ribadu without first exhausting all options. in-fact, it is known through out abuja that ribadu preferred to be arrested by the fg. this was the main reason why he was intentionally provoking the system. but his trick did not actualize.
3rd, fg has decided to be very careful handling this situation, they do not want anything revealed without first making sure that the evidences are legit "if only ribadu could have done the same during his time as the chairman, things could have been better". and this is why they haven't made any move to label ribadu as anything. the issues are still open. again, to be fair and civilized, let us not discussion the issues that are still open against ribadu. i'm sure that we'll do this when the time is right. as of now, he remains innocent.
finally, regardless of the matter, the rule of law must still be obeyed. it is that simple.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2008
yeah its that easy,just obey simple rules.
If everybody says he will act like Ribadu cos as they all say,that the sys is not fair,
then we will be in a state of anarchy.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by scottN(m): 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2008
Whatever, I wonder y d brouhaha abt Ribadu. As far I'm concerned Ribadu has done nothing wrong to this country. It's rather unfortunate that it is those who were victims of the anti-corruption that r still in power. Anyway he is back and I hope he is back for good! This country never appreciates good thing.
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200812124194768
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2008
mr scottn:if i were you, i wouldn't be so quick to conclude at this point. i would encourage ribadu to obey the rules and clear himself. this is what reasonable people do. if we continue to walk around with this sad way of thinking, i'm sorry, our country will remain in the darkness for a very long time. do you know how many people watching and waiting to see how far ribadu could go with openly disrespecting the rules and regulations? how would you feel if efcc invites another 20 governors next month for questioning or clarification and these people disregard the invitation?
please let us use our heads correctly and just don't eat dog meat because it is cheap and pretty much available.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by scottN(m): 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2008
cre8tivity:

mr scottn:if i were you, i wouldn't be so quick to conclude at this point. i would encourage ribadu to obey the rules and clear himself. this is what reason people do. if we continue to walk around with this sad way of thinking, i'm sorry, our country will remain in the darkness for a very long time. do you know how many people watching and waiting to see how far ribadu could go with openly disrespecting the rules and regulations? how would you feel if efcc invites another 20 governors next month for questioning or clarification and these people disregard the invitation?
please let us use our heads correctly and just don't eat dog meat because it is cheap and pretty much available.

People keep saying that Ribadu shld respect the law. Maybe I'm groping in d dark or I'm 4rm a different part from this world. Could u pls elaborate on where Ribadu disobeyed the law?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2008
i'm sorry, i'm not going to present that to you. don't be lazy, i'm sure that you have the ability to discover this info by yourself just like others.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2008
scottN:

People keep saying that Ribadu shld respect the law. Maybe I'm groping in d dark or I'm from a different part from this world. Could u please elaborate on where Ribadu disobeyed the law?

he ddnt wear his uniform with his rank (which in his case is DCP) to the NIPSS Grad,nobody military or paramilitary officer has every done than.
He refused to report to his duty post (which is EDO),
He refused to appear before EFFC to explain how he came about those houses in London,Dubai,Maitama . . .

Need i say more?  grin
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by scottN(m): 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2008
Did he deserve 2 b demoted in d first place? C'mon guys can't u c that all these started immediately after OBJ's regime. However no one is yet 2 answer my question. What Did He Do Wrong During The Anti-Corruption War of Obasanjo's Tenure? Even the outside world has commended him on that over and over again.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2008
Did he deserve 2 b demoted in d first place? C'mon guys can't u c that all these started immediately after OBJ's regime. However no one is yet 2 answer my question. What Did He Do Wrong During The Anti-Corruption War of Obasanjo's Tenure? Even the outside world has commended him on that over and over again.
all you've listed along with your "question" doesn't give anybody permission to disobey the rules. and the sad part of this matter is the fact that: you people honestly think that condoning ribadu's behavior is the same as moving forward and moving our country from the darkness. sorry friends, this is not the way.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2008
if only 40% of nigerians could believe that obeying the rules and regulations, regardless of the matter is the only way, our country would be a better place.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2008
the first step toward greatness is obeying the rules, regardless of who you are, or what you've done, or what you're about to do.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2008
cre8tivity:

1st, mr move doesn't understand many things, therefore it's makes no-sense to answer a question coming from someone that clearly doesn't have a clue.
2nd, the biggest mistake efcc could have made was to arrest ribadu without first exhausting all options. in-fact, it is known through out abuja that ribadu preferred to be arrested by the fg. this was the main reason why he was intentionally provoking the system. but his trick did not actualize.

A. For someone advocating for the adherence to following the law; and that all men be treated equally; u are shooting ur argument down by the above statement; so ribadu is now bigger than FG than if they arrest him it would be deemed a mistake; If they sent out an invitationto him to come for questioning say within 7days and he refused, they are well within their rights to arrest; question him for 48hours either release him or charge him to court. IT IS THAT SIMPLE---Thereby proving that all men are Equal.
B. Are U saying he was wanted for questioning?
C. If he was wanted for questioning he was @ NIPSS without any sort of Immunity why didnt EFCC or FG go there and arrest him like they would do to any other citizen.

3rd, fg has decided to be very careful handling this situation, they do not want anything revealed without first making sure that the evidences are legit "if only ribadu could have done the same during his time as the chairman, things could have been better". and this is why they haven't made any move to label ribadu as anything. the issues are still open. again, to be fair and civilized, let us not discussion the issues that are still open against ribadu. i'm sure that we'll do this when the time is right. as of now, he remains innocent.
finally, regardless of the matter, the rule of law must still be obeyed. it is that simple.

D; This is blatantly incorrect; because if the FG was following the rule of law as u r purporting; They would first of all suspend him; continue investigating him; if found guilty then demote him and jail him. The sequence of events shows evidence of an ulterior motive
E. Also if your point 3 is correct; they should have just left him alone; not demoting him; according to you "fg has decided to be very careful handling this situation, they do not want anything revealed without first making sure that the evidences are legit " so when they have collated and verified all evidences then the would nail him instead of the rubbish they did that u r supporting; let know ur stand answer d ?'s asked

@ creativity; U must be a politician; if u r not; please go that direction; like the way u can deflect questions (seriously am not mocking u)
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by scottN(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2008
I think the problem with Nigeria is that we r very quick 2 4get the past and that's why we never honor our heroes. Look there is a bigger pic to whatever u r seeing 2day. Some psychophants r just using d excuse of disobedience of law to ridicule this guy.
Now y would the EFCC‘s Head of Media, Mr. Femi Babafemi deny knowledge of Ribadu's visit to EFCC HQ but the Public Media(Punch to be precise) carried it?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2008
scottN:

Some psychophants r just using d excuse of disobedience of law to ridicule this guy.
@ ScottN, there u just said, excuse thats what it is, they acted without thinking. He has not disobeyed any law; the only issue mentioned is that he appeared without wearing a uniform; And that was because he was wrongly demoted in the first place- hence the case is in the court; thats is obeying the law; he cannot be deemed to have disobeyed the law until the court rule on the matter, It's Just so Simple; we cannot becos of his past good or bad behavior change the law; Likened to Buhari or Atiku sending a conceding message to YarDull whilst appealing the election, it is so simple reasoning, lets not allow liking or disliking ribadu to becloud our judgement of right and wrong
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2008
no clue at all.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2008
Muza:

he ddnt wear his uniform with his rank (which in his case is DCP) to the NIPSS Grad,nobody military or paramilitary officer has every done than.

He went in there as an AIG; thats is the rank that allows him to attend that course in the first place; so if he wasnt demoted he would wear the uniform; also the case is in court; so all parties must obey the status quo; which obviously the canvassers of the rule of law; decided not to follow.

He refused to report to his duty post (which is EDO),

Case is still in court- Hence he is deemed innocent until otherwise proven
He refused to appear before EFFC to explain how he came about those houses in London,Dubai,Maitama . . .

The spoke person for EFCC has denied requiring ribadu for questioning; waziri herself said the invitation was for clarification - help to finish on going cases not answering allegations; those allegations have been there even before he left the EFCC, and he had asked his accusers to prove it

Need i say more?  grin

Please do, if u have any that we do not know
Am not saying that Ribadu is a saint; not at all testimonies of his highhandedness etc abound; neither can we dispute his achievements in recovering close to $6Billion
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 4:16pm On Dec 12, 2008
cre8tivity:

no clue at all.

Thought as much
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2008
even ribadu himself is getting it and finally coming around. you people could design or direct the scenario which ever way you want, the fact remains the same. the rules must be obeyed. without obeying the rules there is no future.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2008
Moves:

Am not saying that Ribadu is a saint; not at all testimonies of his highhandedness etc abound; neither can we dispute his achievements in recovering close to $6Billion

where is that $6bn,Ribadu should tell us where it is?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2008

it doesn't matter how much you've recovered, you must obeyed the rules.
an american soldier that lost both legs fighting for his country would still come back home to obey the rules and regulations, or else he would be treated like a criminal. this is why it would take another 2000 years for nigeria to come close to america high standard. we are foolish and weak just like our constitution, and this is very sad.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by scottN(m): 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2008
For me I think Ribadu is still the best man for the EFCC Chairman.Not that he doesn't have his own faults or he is above the law but he has been tested and proven. I wonder why we always throw away the best we have in this country to the wind.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2008
cre8tivity:

the fact remains the same. the rules must be obeyed. without obeying the rules there is no future.
FACTS
Okiro was rapidly promoted why wasnt he demoted; The current  Deputy IG Onovo is his Senior, what can one point to he had done to deserve a rapid promotion --zero
Did ribadu promote himselve --Nope
Does Ribadu deserve to be demoted-- Nope (Majority including Anti Ribadu's still waiting for Creativity answer)

Rules to be Obey
It seems one rule for Ribadu and for FG;
When a case is in court- All parties maintain status quo till court decides
Did ribadu obey yes; did FG ruse of law obey; nope they harrassed and humialited him at the graduation ceremony at NIPSS
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2008
Muza:

where is that $6bn,Ribadu should tell us where it is?
Hahaha; Did waziri tell u that they were missing while she was celebrating that FACT?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2008
scottN:

For me I think Ribadu is still the best man for the EFCC Chairman.Not that he doesn't have his own faults or he is above the law but he has been tested and proven. I wonder why we always throw away the best we have in this country to the wind.

its funny and unfortunate that so many Nigerians are so myopic to think that EFCC was created just so that Ribadu could be its Chairman,HABA!
Let the correct such ignorant thoughts,EFCC was not created for Ribadu.so wats the big deal if he is not there tmr.
Its not that Waziri is doin a better job but one day we will get sm1 better.
So in a country of >140m ppl,its only Ribadu that can fight corruption
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2008
how could you pick the best man without first doing an evaluation or fully understanding exactly what he has done? is this how your employer pick the right man at your job? i'm sorry and no disrespect, but looking at the way you think, you share a lot of qualities with our leaders.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by scottN(m): 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2008
cre8tivity:

how could you pick the best man without first doing an evaluation or fully understanding exactly what he has done? is this how your employer pick the right man at your job? i'm sorry and no disrespect, but looking at the way you think, you share a lot of qualities with our leaders.

LOL! U have told me over and over again what he has done to supposedly deserve the treatment meted out on him. And for ur info If I were an employer I would employ the likes of Ribadu over and over again cos I believe in results and not sentiments. And if I was thinking like our leaders don't u think I would have been on the other side supporting the injustice doled out on Ribadu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram / Magu: APC Leaders Meet Over Presidency, National Assembly Crisis / Electoral Bill: The Peculiarities And Legality Of Section 84 - Obono Obla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.