Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Ribadu Flees Nigeria? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Flees Nigeria? (11875 Views)

Okorocha Flees Nigeria As EFCC Queries Diversion of 2bn bailout- Thisday / Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter / Investor Flees Nigeria After Being Paid N32b For Vessels - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by sley4life(m): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2008
This ribadu issue de bring several quote. Some of this dailies do tell lies, sometimes i hate reading dailies cos na lie dem de use sell
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by eleven(m): 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu Re-appears in Abuja and Visits EFCC Headquarters; Farida Waziri Absent

Last View on Thu 11th December, 2008
Last Modified on Thu 11th December, 2008 9:19:33 am
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara
Saharareporters, New York

Former EFCC chairman, Nuhu Ribadu, today reappeared in Abuja and created a ruckus at the headquarters of the EFCC when he made a surprise appearance there.

EFCC sources told SaharaReporters that Ribadu presented himself at their office around 2: 00 PM (Nigerian local time) in a move that surprised everyone.

After checking in at the gate of the commission, Ribadu reportedly headed straight for the office of the Chair, Mrs. Farida Waziri, for a meeting. Our sources said that Mrs. Waziri was absent from her desk. We were unable to ascertain whether the EFCC chair tactically avoided Ribadu. The commission’s summons to Ribadu to appear in their offices had generated much bad blood leading Ribadu to seek a court injunction restraining the agency from arresting him. Civil rights advocates as well as transparency groups had also questioned the commission’s strategy to hound Ribadu and to plant reports in the local press falsely alleging that he owns expensive property in the UK and other countries.   

Ribadu was said to have met with the commission’s secretary. He reportedly waited for about an hour because all other officials at the EFCC told him it was "Madam" Waziri alone who could explain why the agency asked him to present himself. The commission’s head of operations, Mr. Tunde Ogunsakin, was also absent from office during Ribadu's visit.

Saharareporters made repeated phone calls to the EFCC spokesperson, Femi Babafemi, to ask why the EFCC chair was not available to meet with Ribadu, but he did not pick our calls. He also failed to respond to our text messages on the issue.

Ribadu's reappearance today in Abuja has put paid to speculations in the Nigerian media that he has left Nigeria and gone on exile as threats against his life mounted from all angles.

Inspector General of Police Mike Okiro and a few other top brass of the Nigerian Police Force have led a campaign to harass Ribadu and possibly drive him from the police force. Okiro is believed to be taking instructions from disgraced former and serving governors led by former Governor James Ibori of Delta State and Bukola Saraki, the current governor of Kwara State.

The former and serving public officials were the targets of money laundering investigations or prosecution when Ribadu ran the EFCC. A coalition of these indicted officials sponsored Mrs. Waziri to replace Ribadu as head of the anti-corruption agency.

Source: http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=788
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2008
if this information is correct, i say congratulation to nigeria. finally, ribadu has gotten the message and decided to do the right thing. this is all we've been asking this man. now, he must wait just like the rest till the head of efcc is ready to meet with him. again, this is a country of over 140m citizens, it isn't burger king. therefore, ribadu would not be allowed to have it his way. let's see what happens from here, but so far i'm very happy to see the acknowledgement of the rules and regulations. certainly, nobody is above the law. long life DEMOCRACY.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by amaechijay: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2008
@ cre8tivity

Do u expect him to submit himself and be killed again with a poisoned tea like Abiola?

Wake up dawg!
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by eleven(m): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu Returns; Ready To Confront His Accusers

22 minutes ago, 94 views
Mallam Nuhu Ribadu,  former EFCC chairman, has, in a dramatic move, returned to the country.

He came back to Nigeria 24 hours ago, to confront his accusers over the allegations leveled against him. Ribadu, who spoke to us on phone this morning, did not reveal his exact location for security reasons, but told our reporters that he was safe.

He sneaked out of Nigeria about 10 days ago, in what was believed to be a move to seek asylum in a Western country, following persistent threats to his life by forces that he had fought during his anti-corruption campaigns.

The media had been awash with conflicting stories about his whereabouts. But P.M.News authoritatively reported his exit from Nigeria. When, last night, P.M.News sources learnt that he had sneaked back into the country, our reporters called his mobile phone which had been inaccessible since his exit, and it suddenly came alive.

He confirmed that he was away and had to return to confront his adversaries. “I have done nothing wrong and I have come to confront my accusers,” he said. On whether it was safe for him to do so, he said Allah would protect him. Last week, Ribadu failed to appear before a high-powered police panel set up to probe him.

Inspite of a case filed by his lawyers to stop this process, the panel went ahead and tried him in absentia. A report is believed to have been submitted to the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Michael Okiro. This has led to speculations in the media that Ribadu may have been recommended for outright dismissal.

A number of civil society groups and many Nigerians have condemned the harassment of Ribadu by the police authorities and the cabal of former governors who seem bent on visiting on Ribadu, retaliation and humiliation.

Speaking with our reporter in the early hours of today, Okiro said he has nothing against Ribadu. “He is my friend. I don’t have anything against him. I am the number 13 IGP, I can’t be number 14. I am not in any way after Ribadu,” said Okiro.

Source: http://thepmnews.com/2008/12/11/nuhu-rebadu-returns-ready-to-confront-his-accusers
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2008
@ cre8tivity

Do u expect him to submit himself and be killed again with a poisoned tea like Abiola?

if everyone in the country thinks like you, then the entire country will turn into an uncontrolled zoo. do you have an idea of what happens when a zoo is not properly controlled?
the only way out of the darkness is laying good examples. regardless of the matter, the rules and regulations must be obeyed, or else we will all forever live in hell.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2008
again, i'm very proud of ribadu for taking this step. it is good for him and for nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2008
for those of you who continue to pick side, this latest move by ribadu is another indication that confirms that most of you people do not have the knowledge or the wisdom or the ripeness to identify what is good from what is bad, it's all about following each other, even if the dead-end street ahead is visible. you should be ashame of yourselves.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2008
you people are the perfect case study why it would take nigeria a very long time to move ahead. we clearly know what is wrong, but because of 2 or 3 stupid reasons, we refuse to identify the failure. how in this world do you expect nigeria to go anywhere with this kind of terrible thinking?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Mamajama(m): 5:44pm On Dec 11, 2008
@cre8tivity RIBADU  never left Nigeria as been allegedly portrayed in the media.

There is more to the story and this is nothing but a power play between Tafa boys and Ribadu.

stay tune for chapter 2  of the story.  Do not forget also Okiro is due for retirement in June.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 5:49pm On Dec 11, 2008
i knew he did not leave nigeria. he can not afford to relocate. do you have an idea of what comes with relocating to another country after you're being wanted by your country? it isn't that simple and ribadu doesn't have the required capacity as yet to pull it through. don't forget that ribadu was just a chairman for an institution that shielded many known thieves. if you did not know this fact, other countries clearly know it. ribadu may be special on your minds, but ribadu is just another nigerian citizen who will line up at foreign airports just like you and myself.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2008
the simple question great nigerian citizens should be asking is: why did he take this long to show up?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Mamajama(m): 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2008
@cre8tivity why are you speaking as a primary school kid?

Someone of RIBADU status does not need anything to relocate to a civil society. Many civilized country will be willing to let him come in on the grounds that his life is in danger and with his qualifications and connections, he will be naturalize.

If people like Umaru Dikko and all the people that planned coup against IBB can get asylum what makes you think Ribadu can't?

There is two side to every story, and the media are just printing wrong information because it does sell paper and they can make money for their investors.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Mamajama(m): 6:41pm On Dec 11, 2008
Let me warn you all, RIBADU will over come all this adversaries. A man can not kill a man that God has chosen to lead this nation.

The hand also never misses the mouth in an eating competition, Ribadu is a force to be reckon with and the Yar Adua administration will learn in due times.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by IykeD1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2008

if this information is correct, i say congratulation to nigeria. finally, ribadu has gotten the message and decided to do the right thing. this is all we've been asking this man. now, he must wait just like the rest till the head of efcc is ready to meet with him. again, this is a country of over 140m citizens, it isn't burger king. therefore, ribadu would not be allowed to have it his way. let's see what happens from here, but so far i'm very happy to see the acknowledgement of the rules and regulations. certainly, nobody is above the law. long life DEMOCRACY.
Oh, so this is really what democracy is all about? Hmmm, I didn't know it was that easy!

You have been jumping up and down about Ribadu and rule of law, the funny thing is, isn't it amazing how Ribadu is
now the sole focus of what "rule of law" is all about in Nigeria. I am not surprised you don't find that strange, but its
good to know that public opinion is very much in Ribadu's favor. This is because his good intentions and accomplishment
for the country far outweighs his "excesses".
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2008
@cre8tivity  why are you speaking as a primary school kid?
do you have a mirror? if you do, please use it more.
I repeat, to relocate to other country after being wanted by your country is feasible, but not that easy.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2008
Iyke-D, if that is what you think, i respect your view. again, the great citizens of nigeria should be asking themselves why it took this long for ribadu to show up or why again ribadu had to reverse his decision just like many he has made in the past.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2008
I have come to confront my accusers,” he said. On whether it was safe for him to do so, ribadu said Allah would protect him. 

all of a sudden, ribadu is no longer scared for his life anymore, because allah would protect him. he sounds to me like he just discovered allah last night.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Mamajama(m): 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2008
cre8tivity:

I repeat, to relocate to other country after being wanted by your country is feasible, but not that easy.

@cre8tivity. was RIBADU ever wanted by the Federal government of Nigeria?

has been been accused or indicted of any crime by the government?

Anyone can abscond on the pretext that their life is in danger, you don't have to use a mirror to see that the forces are against Ribadu. Even Ray Charles can see in his grave that the powerful embezzlers of Nigerians are out to flush Ribadu out of the scene.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2008
you have presented your view and it is well respected. what about that? does it sound better?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by larez(m): 9:38pm On Dec 11, 2008
Cre8tivity has to be Waziri herself. This woman has a warped reality. How can anyone be so adamant against a Patriotic Nigerian who will end up being the President of Nigeria very soon. Cre8tivity must really have creative and deluded reasoning. She is ready to hang a man for not chasing after every Criminal Mafioso in Nigeria, but fails to acknowledge that he got many. She is here trying to brainwash Nigerians as well as the outside world into thinking there are really some issues against Ribadu.

I have a couple of questions for Cre8tivity: Who are your paymasters? How do you sleep at night knowing that you are a sellout to your people and your Nation? In fact, I see you as a traitor. In my eyes as well as in many others reading the junk and condescending stuff that you post, we are convinced that you are one of the criminal elements of Nigeria. Your time will come and you will reap what you sow.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2008
my dear, you're wrong and may be you should check again. my only problem with ribadu is not obeying the rules and regulations and feeling that he's too big and above the law. selectivity, or corruption or any other allegation is left open, ribadu remains innocent till he has his day in the court of law. the difference btw you and i is: i do not eat dog meat just because it's cheaply and abundantly available.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by larez(m): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2008
the difference between you and i is: i do not eat dog meat just because it's cheaply and abundantly available.

Babygirl, please best believe that we have a whole world of difference between us if not even a universe. Judging from the energy you have expended in trying to bury Ribadu, I know for sure that I would not touch you with a 3 yard pole. You know what? Greed has a way of blinding people, and once they have tasted ill-gotten wealth, they are quick to lose their souls. I pray that one day, you will indeed smell the roses and realize that there is more to life than the indecent pursuit of wealth to the detriment of your Nation.

I believe you are Waziri. I have seen a couple of your press conferences, and I can see your style in your posts here. Madam Waziri, God go vex for you oh, Mek you no take your soul chase MONEY
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2008
lol
my dear, it is sad that you feel this way and i'm very sorry. you're beating me down all because i support obeying the rules and regulations of our nation. it's very sad and unbelievable, may god bless nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2008
even for the fact that ribadu, himself has finally shown up and ready to face whatever his accusers are cooking, means he has realized his mistake and ready to do the right thing. you can not expect sensible citizens of nigeria to defend or support another citizen that intentionally disregards the rules and regulations. again larex, the difference between us is: your favorite food is cheap dog meat.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by larez(m): 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2008
Cre8tivity, what's this obsession that you have with dog meat? Are you Calabar? See, I couldn't even think about Dog as meat. At a particular time, I had a Pit Bull and 5 Cats. I considered them like my kids and they all got along very well with each other. My Dog and Cats will have been able to differentiate between a Patriotic Nigerian like Ribadu from Crooks who are your paymasters. undecided
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by larez(m): 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2008
Oh, I get it now. You are from Ondo State, which makes Dog meat your delicacy. URRRGGH
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2008
Cre8tivity, what's this obsession that you have with dog meat? Are you Calabar? See, I couldn't even think about Dog as meat. At a particular time, I had a Pit Bull and 5 Cats. I considered them like my kids and they all got along very well with each other.
thanks for sharing, i'm just glad that am not your dog.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Tapiya(m): 3:37am On Dec 12, 2008
Creativity, lets face facts here, Thank God Ribadu showed up, but lets me sincere, everything was design here to humiliate him, I can understand when you want to set things right, and when you are trying to make a mockery of a Person, and the truth is his own was designed to make a mockery of his personality becos he stepped on some Powerful Toes, first Aandooka wanted to cut the Wings of the Efcc when he wanted Ribadu to be reporting to him, but Ribadu felt if he does that it will afftect his efficacy, mind you during this period it was Yar Adua not OBJ that was on sit and that tells me that he was determined to rid Nigeria of corruption, then when they noticed they cant have him under their control this same administration that had the Police Service Commission were still in force when they decided to send him to Kuru for a course that would have waited for him to serve our dear country, it brought about the contraversy that everybody that wanted to see Nigeria continue the fight against corruption shouted against, they said it was compulsory for People who have attained that rank to attend that course the PSC were there o' they have forgoten that he was an ACP that his Promotion was Illegal, See this people knew if they take him immediately the whole World would cry foul just like they have started crying, do you know that its a fact now that Nigeria is climbing back on the ladder of the most corrupt Nation in the world? so the ranking institution is an OBJ organisation too right? well after then they now played the rank thing and involved other people so that People will not say it was meant to be for him alone. I wrote my common entrance examination when I was in Primary five instead of waiting till I get to Primary six cos I was Inteligent at that time and I could cope with it, so I dont see anything wrong in giving someone accellerated Promotion if hes done More than his Seniors could do, Just becos you are a Senior that is none Perfomant should not make you the captain of a Ship, The ordeal of Ribadu is well Ochestrated We should stop supporting Falsehood in the name of Rule of Law Ruse of Law Lets face the truth am sure He must have gotten assurance from some quaters and the fact that the EFCC under Waziri had come out with that allegation of the looting so He decided to come and clear himself outside that I think he should go back into hiding cos some people are bent on Humiliating him.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Tapiya(m): 3:48am On Dec 12, 2008
cre8tivity:

ehie: my sister, why are you wasting your time. these people know exactly what's going on, but they refuse to accept the facts.

Do you remember where you made this statement? do you want to eat it back when you said everyone is presumed innocent until proven otherwise? He has rebuffed the allegation in the first place and declared what hes got. so our man was really wise, and there was a place you made mention of his statement that he said he was going to fight corruption with the last drop of his Blood, do you think hes in that Position to do that? when the country said to him man we no longer require your blood? am sure he wants to put that blood in better USE. Ribadu is the man of the year in and out of POWER ahhahahahahaha
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Robert2(m): 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2008
@ Tapiye

Thanks for throwing more light on Ribadu's Travails for Cre8tivity. I'm beginning to think he is a serving Nigerian "politrickian", polluted with "ghana must go" loaded with our hard-earned sweat.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2008
tipaya and robert2, so because of all you've listed it is now ok for ribadu to intentionally disregard the rules and regulation? i just pray that we do not have too many nigerian citizens that think like you people.
it is ok for one to do the right thing, but this right thing must be done the right way. this is the only way nigeria will come out of darkness. it doesn't matter who you are or what you do or what you're about to do, the rules and regulations must be obeyed. what do you think would happen to this nation if other 10m "great" nigerians choose to disregard the rules just because they've done so much for the country and someone is trying to humiliate them. what exactly do you think would happen? this is a country, you can not have it your way. just because nigeria is messy doesn't mean we should allow deregulation. everybody must be treated equally, nobody is above the law.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Disturb Muslims & Face Arrest - Amaechi Warns Rivers Indigenes / Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno / Abia House Of Assembly To Pass Anti-Grazing Bill Over Herdsmen/Farmer's Clashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.