Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Ribadu Flees Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Flees Nigeria? (11870 Views)

Okorocha Flees Nigeria As EFCC Queries Diversion of 2bn bailout- Thisday / Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter / Investor Flees Nigeria After Being Paid N32b For Vessels - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2008
the wise people in nigeria knew from day one that ribadu lacks strategic qualities and his professionalism skill is also very weak. he did not handle himself or his duties like a professional. he talked too much and openly flexed or showed off his ego. he labelled himself and changed his last name to efcc. i've watched fbi and cia for many years and yet i still do not know who are really the top guys. they just get their jobs done on a regular quietly, respectfully and very professionally. this is how an institution should be conducted. i'm not a fan of alams or atiku and i will never be. alams was yanked from his sick bed because he accepted atiku as his visitor at the hospital, less than a week later after pressure started to come from all directions, mr alams was set free from all charges. this action is called stupidity, lack of intelligence and bushman way of thinking. ribadu had it all, from utmost power to the enormous availability of funds, but the man didn't have the wisdom, knowledge and common sense to properly execute every single operation he authorized. without any questions, nigeria is a dirty country that is full of thieves, but nevertheless, our reaction to all these unfortunate actions of the thieves should have been well delineated and planned. just because you're in the jungle doesn't mean you shouldn't have a well tested strategic plan ready to capture the beast. but ribadu did not care, it was all about impressing the king of corruption, obasojo.
i'm very sorry nigerians, i honestly feel that ribadu is a role model to either fools, who refuse to think or illiterates, who eat whatever that is available.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by maxsiollun: 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2008
, still no one has explained why RIbadu "deserves" his current suffering. Please someone tell me what CRIME he committed to warrant all the abuse he has received?

Also, can someone please give me the name of one innocent person that Ribadu's EFCC prosecuted?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2008
1. Nuhu Ribadu only left a three-page handover note with Mr. Lamorde,  his immediate successor (in acting capacity) at the EFCC. The EFCC has stated that some case files involving investigations of former governors suspected of involvement in corrupt practices did develop wings and mysteriously disappeared under Ribadu’s watch.

2.Failure to obey summons by the police over missing dosiers

3.Non Declaration of his assets and the questionable disposal of items confiscated from criminals( cheif Nwude,to name just one)
A senior official in the agency indentified the properties acquired by Ribadu to include the house at No 18, Mambilla Street, off Udi Hills Street, Maitama; a flat at Palm Beach estate, Dubai; and another property at 29, Kingsway, Leeds in the United Kingdom. .

there are more and will come up soon.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by eleven(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2008
maxsiollun:

, still no one has explained why RIbadu "deserves" his current suffering. Please someone tell me what CRIME he committed to warrant all the abuse he has received?

Also, can someone please give me the name of one innocent person that Ribadu's EFCC prosecuted?

Pally I tire O! all those shit head critics never fit mention just one name. Just one for over 6 days now. Very daft Nigerians. Imagine!
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2008
1. Nuhu Ribadu only left a three-page handover note with Mr. Lamorde, his immediate successor (in acting capacity) at the EFCC. The EFCC has stated that some case files involving investigations of former governors suspected of involvement in corrupt practices did develop wings and mysteriously disappeared under Ribadu’s watch.

2.Failure to obey summons by the police over missing dosiers

3.Non Declaration of his assets and the questionable disposal of items confiscated from criminals( cheif Nwude,to name just one)
A senior official in the agency indentified the properties acquired by Ribadu to include the house at No 18, Mambilla Street, off Udi Hills Street, Maitama; a flat at Palm Beach estate, Dubai; and another property at 29, Kingsway, Leeds in the United Kingdom. The official could not however ascertain the address of the Chelsea property that Ribadu allegedly bought .

there are more and will come up soon.
ehie: my sister, why are you wasting your time. these people know exactly what's going on, but they refuse to accept the facts.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2008
didnt know Ribadu was such a coward,u need to see the mouth he was making when his God was in power,now he is shitting all over himself,i thought Fulani men were supposed to be fearless and courageous warriors.
maisoro kowei!
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2008
here have also been series of petitions against Ribadu’s conduct as EFCC chairman. Few months after he was sent to NIPSS, two lawyers, Ogboli Charles and Ugochuckwu Osuagwu had gone to court to seek an order of mandamus to compel Okiro to probe Ribadu and uncover how he got the money as a public officer to allegedly acquire a villa in Dubai, United Arab Emirate, UAE, and another house in Abuja.

One of the documents tendered as exhibit in one of the petitions, contains information about Ribadu’s properties, allegedly purchased through cronies, under questionable circumstances while he was in office. They also claim that Ribadu owns two other properties in the United Kingdom, UK, purchased in the name of one Fatima Ribadu, who is believed to be a relation of the former EFCC boss. Fatimah is alleged to be a front for Ribadu. The address of one the properties, as recorded in the Land Registry, Nottingham (West) office, was given as 23 Woodlea Drive, Meanwood, Leeds.

One of the two, a detached residential building has a property price tag 159,995 Pounds. The second, described as a newly built property, has a price tag of 270,000 Pounds. The information on the two properties are, as it exists in the registry, last month when search was conducted at the registry.

The properties in UK are alleged to have been paid for by Aliko Dangote, billionaire business tycoon from Nigeria. The petitioners claim that Dangote purchased the UK property for Ribadu as a way of showing appreciation for his role in the deportation of the Vaswanni Brothers who were in stiff business competition with him.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2008
Ogboli and Ugochukwu, the petitioners claimed that Dubai property was worth $3,948,479 million. The house, described as a piece of luxury is said to have such features as swimming pool, gymnasium, a maid room and a boy’s quarter.

The lawyers alleged further that Ribadu presently owns the former official residence of Sunday Ehindero, former inspector-general of Police, IGP, at Mambilla Street, near Aso Drive, in Maitama, Abuja. The value of the property was estimated at N200 million. Presently, the lawyers are in court, to compel the EFCC to carry out a full investigation on the allegations. The case will be heard by an Abuja High Court on December 2.

Ogboli and Ugochukwu told Newswatch in an interview in Abuja that they are looking forward to justice on the matter. They explained that they were encouraged by the fact that the former EFCC boss has put up a representation in court and that they would now go ahead with the matter in court.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by idupaul: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2008
the poster above me is a real slowpoke, are u sure ribadu never paraded u on tv as a 419ner
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2008
here is also the issue of 142 uncleared cheques discovered at the EFCC after Ribadu was removed from office. The cheques total over N70 billion. Femi Babafemi, EFCC spokesman told Newswatch that the agency was investigating the reason why the cheques were abandoned, and left unattended to till they expired. He said some of the cheques were found to be fake.

Ribadu was also accused by one Fidelis Uzonwane, managing consultant to ABZ Integrated Limited, a firm contracted by the crime fighting agency to probe allegations of tax evasion against Chevron in 2005 to have been involved in shady practices. .Uzonwanne alleged in a petition dated November 20, 2007, that Ribadu was involved in ‘monumental corruption and financial crimes’, and should therefore be called upon to give account of his stewardship
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2008
One of those who had petitioned against Ribadu is Emmanuel Nwude convicted for money laundering. Nwude, a businessman was arrested in 2003 and charged for fraud by the Ribadu-led EFCC. Nwude said in a petition to President Yar’Adua dated June 9, 2008, that his assets, which were part of the plea bargain he entered into with the EFCC, were fraudulently disposed by the former EFCC chairman and his agents. He requested that full investigation be carried out on the deal.

Nwude gave insight into how he was shortchanged in the plea bargain arrangement and his properties sold at give away prices in a recent interview with Newswatch. “Ribadu, the former EFCC chairman never gave me a fair hearing at all in handling my matter. He never handled my case in a transparent form. All that he did was done out of envy. He even wanted me dead.” Nwude told Newswatch
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2008
Ribadu has now been directed to report to Zone 5 in Benin, Edo State where he is expected to assume duty as deputy commissioner of police in charge of administration. He is also expected to appear before a disciplinary board in Kaduna State on December 4.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2008
@idupaul well i guess slowpoke is the best word uve learnt all year.loonyhead
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2008
just in-case you did not know, fg is being very careful, and professional, this is why they haven't exposed the real ribadu. but with time, it would all come out in the open. come to think about it, do you people honestly think that anyone on this earth could closely work with obasonjo without getting any illegal kickback? it is known in abuja that everyone around obansonjo got something illegal, they even have pictures and recorded discussions that would unravel this mess. just advise your man to come out and come clean.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2008
I wish Yaradua wasnt such a softee,u cant please anyone.
He should read The Prince and know that

he who neglects what is done for what ought to be done, sooner effects his ruin than his preservation; for a man who wishes to act entirely up to his professions of virtue soon meets with what destroys him among so much that is evil.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2008
didnt know Ribadu was such a coward,u need to see the mouth he was making when his God was in power,now he is shitting all over himself,i thought Fulani men were supposed to be fearless and courageous warriors.
maisoro kowei!
ribadu did not only shit on himself, but also on all his supporters, who are now very much confused, they do not know where to go or how to defend their role model.
in 2006, ribadu said: i will fight corruption with my last drop of blood. he did not say: i will cover my ass and run away before it's too late.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by idupaul: 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2008
@ ejie

with people like u nigeria doesnt stand a chance to be better. prince ko queen ni
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2008
@ ejie: thanks for the info
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by eleven(m): 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2008
REFUTATION: Nuhu Ribadu Does Not Own a House in Abuja and/Or Dubai-Olorunyomi

Last View on Tue 9th December, 2008
Last Modified on Wed 09th January, 2008 3:40:18 pm
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara

The attention of Nuhu Ribadu, Executive Chairman, EFCC has been drawn to a mass of allegations which have been given generous space in the media.

The publications of allegations against Ribadu arise from the attempts by two lawyers to compel the Inspector General of Police to initiate investigation into allegations that Mr. Ribadu purchased and owns properties in Abuja and Dubai. They are also praying the court to compel EFCC to render the Commission's audited accounts and submit same to the National Assembly.

Mr. Ribadu wishes to state categorically that:

1.     He DOES NOT own houses in Abuja or Dubai or any other part of the world, other than his personal house built in his village in Yola, in the early 1990s;
2.     Apart from that, Mr. Ribadu owns a yet-to-be-developed plot of land in Katampe, an undeveloped district of Abuja, which was acquired in 1998;
3.     Apart from his official EFCC salary account, Mr. Ribadu does not operate a bank account anywhere else in the world;
4.     Like other Fulani, Mr. Ribadu also owns cows which he rears in his village;
5.     Mr. Ribadu hereby grants express permission to anyone who finds that he has assets other than those declared above, to seize them without further reference to him;
6.     When his official residence which belonged to the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) was, in line with the policy of the last administration, offered for sale along with other houses in the area, Mr. Ribadu could not muster the funds to purchase the said house.   However, sensitive to the possibility of a conflict of interest arising if he approached banks for a loan, given his position as EFCC Chairman, Ribadu nearly lost the house until his father-in-law, Professor Iya Abubakar, intervened. It was the Professor who bid for the house at a public auction and took a facility from his bankers, Fidelity Bank, to purchase the house, which cost N44m.   As it is, Mr. Ribadu and his family are is presently living in the Mambilla street house thanks his father-in-law. All records pertaining to this transaction are available at the FCDA for anyone who wishes to check.

7.     It must be stated that as a public officer, Mr. Ribadu has dutifully sworn to oaths declaring his assert as and when due.  The declarations are public documents and can be accessed at the appropriate agency for purposes of verification, seizure of undeclared assets and prosecution if need be.

Further, Mr. Ribadu is saddened that otherwise learned gentlemen lend themselves as vehicles for the purveyance of obviously false allegations that the Commission has not been making annual renditions to the National Assembly in line with Sections 35 and 36 of the EFCC Establishment Act, 2004. The simplest check that people can carry out is to ask their representatives in both chambers of the National Assembly to find out whether the Commission had ever neglected to comply with those provisions of the Act and if indeed it has been submitting details of its audited accounts and a compendium of its activities, every year, since its inception. 

EFCC wishes to state that being sensitive to the peculiarities of its operations and environment, the Commission has even gone beyond the demands of the Act to engage highly professional external auditors (other than government-appointed auditors) to audit and re-audit its books.  These reports have been routinely submitted to the National Assembly before the 30th day of September, every year, since 2003.

A cursory study of the allegations not only shows that they are pitiably shallow, but also throws up the unmitigated desperation of certain groups of people who have an axe to grind with the EFCC, to employ all tactics to embarrass its key officials, divert attention from their justified investigation and prosecution and ultimately derail the work of the Commission.

While Mr. Ribadu is saddened by the fact that enemies of the anti-corruption war would stop at nothing in the bid to sully its image, he welcomes the opportunity offered by the lawyers to deal squarely with the wild and resurgent allegations from which have regrettably spawned endless pepper soup joint plots for the Nigerian theatre of the absurd.

The attention of Nigerians is drawn to the fact that these kinds of wild allegations have always attended the work of the Commission. Right from inception in 2003, EFCC has faced all manners of unsubstantiated allegations, from operating torture chambers, to grand corruption. Even as we made to conclude this response, we learnt that gun-running has been added to the long list of dreamt-up allegations against EFCC.   The attempts at blackmails would definitely continue as long as EFCC continues to do carry out its functions with determination. But, Nigerians are advised to be wary and to always be guided by what we have said in the past that, "When you fight corruption, it fights you back."

Dapo Olorunyomi
Chief of Staff to the Executive Chairman.

Source:http://www.saharareporters.com/www/letters/detail/?id=322
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2008
every one in prison says
"am innocent"
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2008
what do u expect him to say,
Of course he will lie tru the back of his teeth.
Yar Adua should act fast.

crush your enemy totally:Upon this, one has to remark that men ought either to be well treated or crushed, because they can avenge themselves of lighter injuries, of more serious ones they cannot; therefore the injury that is to be done to a man ought to be of such a kind that one does not stand in fear of revenge.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by bonnez(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2008
poor Ribadu
let him flee if he can before they kill him for nothing
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by eleven(m): 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2008
"Another of such petitions is the handiwork of two lawyers, Messrs Ogboli Charles and Ugochukwu Ogbuagwu, who accused Ribadu of buying a property in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and another one in Abuja. The cost of the two buildings was put at N699million. The Dubai property, allegedly located at the emirate's Palm Beach Estate cost N3.9billion, while the one in Abuja attracted N200million. Ribadu has denied the allegations and was recently cleared by the government of the United Arab Emirates, UAE. A letter signed by an official of the UAE, Mohammed Subair, said: "If Mallam Nuhu Ribadu truly bought a house in Dubai or received a mansion as gift, Dubai's crime investigations will furnish us with the necessary information about the sale, the agent (s) involved, as well as the identity of the buyer. That is the standard practice in Dubai and that is why it is different from Nigeria."

Source:http://www.saharareporters.com/Column84.php
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by subice(m): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2008
So the FG peeps are now the good guys and Ribadu is the bad guy! If it were left to some here, Ribadu would be in jail without even being tried! He has already been pronounced guilty by them yet no-one till date has tendered evidence to prove their allegations. It's is all speculative. All those saying Ribadu owns this, did that etc, let them provide the evidence. It's the rule of law era, right?

The man does not deserve what he's going through whatever his shortcomings. It's easy to talk when you're not in the hot seat. Some of those here would not last a week in that job. I still think he did ok under the circumstances. There is no such thing as perfection and everything depends on perspective. I don't think that the many intelligent Nigerians supporting him, some who know him personally and understand the pressure and circumstances of his job, could be wrong in siding with him.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by sherrylo: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2008
My dear, na wahooo wetin Ribadu do? wetin him do?Ribadu did selective prosecution,did this, did that, who was the innocent man that he prosecuted?
The man has to fleeoo, before they execute like salah Ram.The president of the country promoted him and they say he was wrongly promoted nawahhoo.
Now they are bringing different accusations,this is Nigeria where you do not swim against certain tides.
God save the poor man oo.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2008
@ creativity and Other Anti-Ribadu;
What people are saying is that u cant vouch 100% for anyone; nobody is saying ribadu was a saint.
What am disputing is that if Ribadu could arrest Tafa and Other Exgovs for alleged corruption, if the EFCC had evidence of him been culpable they could have arrested him while he was at the NIPSS, cos he doesnt have a immunity. By Demoting him; first based on the reason that the President promoted him; that in itself began the suscipion of ulterior motives.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2008
if it smells like a duck,walks like duck talks like a duck,it is a duck

Also the International Police (Interpol) has launched an investigation into some properties bought by a 23-
year-old student, Fatima Ribadu said to be a relative of the former anti-graft tsar in Leeds, United Kingdom; Colton and
San Bernadio in California. Fatima is said to be the daughter of Nuhu Ribadu, a student at the University of Leeds studying Information Systems and married to Ibrahim Dodo, a medical doctor in Leeds. Daily Trust learnt that Interpol decided to beam its searchlight on Fatima when the UK Electoral Roll 2002-2007 showed that she bought a
property at 23, Woodlea Drive, Meanwood, Leeds on August 18, 2004 worth 270,000 pounds. At that time, the 23 yearold student was only 19. Two other properties were bought in her name in California, United States of America (USA) in
2006. The first is registered in property records under address number 1190, Blur Ridge, Colton, California. The second house still in California is registered under Fatima. B. Ribadu, a 30 year old under the address 7405, Sterling Avenue,
San Bernardio, California
. Interpol, according to sources is investigating the purchases of these houses by this 23 year
old student.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by BigB11(m): 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2008
آمين‎, cool
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by troy07: 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2008
@cre8tivity.

Most of your comment i've read on NL seems to be dedicated to put Ribadu under the bus. I do believe you are working for some corrupt element in the Nigeria govt that Ribadu has probably step on there toes.  Any Nigeria in there right senses know what truly Ribadu stands for. I am sure you will support Babangida 's atrocities.
Please do not take this personal. Your views sometimes is devastating to the progress of Nigeria.

I respect free speech for everybody so do not get it twisted.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Mamajama(m): 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2008
@ehie

IN UNITED STATES We believed in facts and I was curious to verify your story.

I paid $39.99 and got all the detail juices for the information you posted.  Not only was your story wrong, they were misleading.

They claimed she was 23 years old, but the RIBADU that resided at the address you cited was 30 years old.  That means if NUHU Ribadu was the father of that girl  he must have had a baby at the age of 15?  for your info,  Ribad in 46  and has only been married  for 12 years and only  has  3 childrens.  KAI  i tire

please click  on the link below  to check

http://www.intelius.com/

WHO let the RAM out for SALAH?  BIGB1  I thought you were slaughter to sacrifice for RIBADU KATAKATA grin  grin  grin
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 9:06pm On Dec 10, 2008
Most of your comment i've read on NL seems to be dedicated to put Ribadu under the bus. I do believe you are working for some corrupt element in the Nigeria govt that Ribadu has probably step on there toes. Any Nigeria in there right senses know what truly Ribadu stands for. I am sure you will support Babangida 's atrocities.
Please do not take this personal. Your views sometimes is devastating to the progress of Nigeria
my dear, i'm not working for anybody, i'm only promoting democracy of high standard, which i still think is the only way out of the darkness. fair justice for all regardless of who you are, what you do, what you've done and what you're trying to do. the rules and regulations of the land must be acknowledged. ribadu has not been arrested, not that he hasn't asked for it, but for the respect for all he has done, he has been entertained to the fullest and for too long.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by IykeD1(m): 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2008
The anti-Ribadu folks here wants us to believe that indeed he left just a 3 page handover notes, I am assuming they
themselves have personally verified the documents, right? You know what, its been almost a year now, Waziri should
be able to create her own notes, after all who gave Ribadu notes when the EFCC was created.

The same people that are shouting about the rule of law, don't want Ribadu's rights to be respected, he should just
suck it up and put on the Corporal uniform or whatever new post he was demoted to and stand at attention, typical
of Nigerians.

What is clear to the world is that the EFCC is just a shell of its old self. It has been bastardized, and I guess that is
what some Nigerians want, otherwise their fathers or uncles or cousins may be doing time in jail.

What no one can take one from Ribadu is that he was fearless and went after the untouchables. Who could have
forgotten how Adenuga and IBB's son were detained for questioning, an unthinkable feat in Nigeria. The crooks are
merely seizing an oppurtunity to pay him back, God willing it will backfire on them one by one.

Fact is Ribadu and his men recovered $5.6 billion for Nigeria, he did not frame anyone to achieve that. That can not
be said for all these other fools no matter their positions in the police force or government. People like me will ever be
grateful to Ribadu for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist / Kano Lawmaker Shot Dead At Relaxation Joint ! / Ondo Election: Police Deploy 22 Armoured Vehicles, 20 Gunboats, 2 Helicopters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.