Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Ribadu Flees Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Flees Nigeria? (11879 Views)

Okorocha Flees Nigeria As EFCC Queries Diversion of 2bn bailout- Thisday / Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter / Investor Flees Nigeria After Being Paid N32b For Vessels - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2008
you can run away from everybody but yourself. ribadu's greatest enemy remains himself and nobody else. this fight could be won easily if ribadu was a smart man and truly committed to seeing the arrival of a great nigeria. his egoistic state of mind is killing him slowly and softly. many bright nigerians today, including ribadu's close friends find it very difficult to accept ribadu's latest stunt as looking out for the country, it is more or less directed toward self interest. i hope the man wakes up on time and get it together. for those of you that continue to state that selective job is better than nothing, i'm sorry to disagree with you. selective job is a devil that could negatively divide a country and quickly destroy the foundation of any nation, especially a very brittle nation like nigeria that has multiple tribes and undeveloped democracy standard. if you don't believe me please, feel free and check the history.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 12:36am On Dec 08, 2008
This guy tire me angry
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 08, 2008
Muza and creativity declare war on Ribadu

All the anti-Ribadu threads on Nairaland are from you two

Una papa steal naija money why una dey declare war on anti-corruption

if una like make una chage name, those wey steal naija money wey want to protect their loot by all means are still minority
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Udobass: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2008
This is the time for the new EFCC boss to go after the people Ribadu did not go for. She will not have any reason not to go for those Ribadu did not go for. Since you guys are saying that those who were in the black book of OBJ were saints, let her now go after the thiefs - those who were in the good books of OBJ. Abi? I just hope she will not end up being the hunted. LEAVE RIBADU ALONE
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2008
mikeansy:

Muza and creativity declare war on Ribadu

All the anti-Ribadu threads on Nairaland are from you two

Una papa steal naija money why una dey declare war on anti-corruption

if una like make una chage name, those wey steal naija money wey want to protect their loot by all means are still minority

U are so shallow,u dont know shit grin

Let me tell u,that guy cannot stand the embarrassment that will befall him by the time he is exposed for wat he is,
u and eye know that Ribadu is not clean,he was just doing obj's bidding as "anti-corruption" czar.
If he has nothing to hide why cant he face probe?

The guy can't just come to terms with the fact that he has lost power.
This media propaganda wont help him one bit, grin
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by allboyz(m): 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2008
Wetin Ribadu do sef? why are they threatening him? ican someone please educate me on what Ribadu did? what did then need him for? why is he running, im not sure i have followed -up these issue at all, pls say me
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2008
allboyz:

Wetin Ribadu do sef? why are they threatening him? ican someone please educate me on what Ribadu did? what did then need him for? why is he running, I'm not sure i have followed -up these issue at all, please say me

Are you a nigerian?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by BOSS7: 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2008
@ cre8tivity

Please forgive me for any ill-informed suggestions I make because I'm in Nigeria and I've not been back since I stepped out 10years ago but I still read the daily reports from various websites and whether they are selective journalism and hence being one-sided, I'm not sure.

However, from all indications, it seems Ribadu has done something at least for Nigeria to be proud of, though it's selective indictment, I guess Nigerians are still looking to the future and are happy that some of these perpertrators (looters) are being brought to justice.

In a country like Nigeria, politics is such a dirty game that you are guilty even before being pronounced innocent and I guess that might contribute to one of the reasons Ribadu has fled the country. I accept your condemnation of this guy as I doubt there's any sane politician in Nigeria, but wouldn't yuo rather see some politicians prosecuted in a country like Nigeria than having someone like Waziri who is just a figure-head and not even bringing anyone to justice and me and you know that there's open corruption in Nigeria even without the newspars reporting it.

Could you please educate me as to why you're ranting against these Ribadu supporters?

I'll be expecting.

Thanks
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moyo1(m): 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2008
@ cre8tivity,
u used the word 'selective', as if u expected him (Ribadu) to fight curroption all alone and at once. Whatever u say, just remember that if u continue to have this sort of shallow mentality, very very soon, when Nigeria becomes completely hopeless, u and your offsprings may end up becoming refugees in another land begging for everything. Obviously, some people don't know why corruption must stop in Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by luka1981(m): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2008
many of us here ran out the country because the country is killed by our corrupt leader despite our natural resources, that same corrupt leaders that pursued me and you is now pursuing rebadu and one day it will pursue CRE8TIVITY and other supporters of bad things. when you fail to call a spade a spade, that spade will come to your house. your are supporting them today tommorrow they will go after you. now 90% of youths want to run out of the country.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by graycolors(m): 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2008
What do you expect from a country that does not respect the rule of law.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by laykay(m): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2008
ha ba too bad for nigerian's our bad leaders will finish this country o!
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Tapiya(m): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2008
am tired of talking about the Ribadu business. I am tired of reading endless articles about the young man. I am extremely annoyed at the amount of attention and press coverage he is getting.

I am tired of listening to the mouthing of our so-called social consciences and leaders. I do not even want to hear about the “discredited progressives” condemning the actions of the present government against Ribadu. It is all talk, backed with no action.

Listen, fellow Nigerians who get to read this cry of mine; it is time we ACT on our own behalf. We do not need to tarry and wait for the demise of Ribadu to be lamented because that is the only end-point of the game being played with him. It is a zero-sum game where the winner takes all; the winners being Ibori, Andoaka, UMYA et al

Do not be fooled, fellow Nigerians, the persecution of Ribadu is the persecution of our conscience; the shackling of Ribadu is the shackling of our future; the challenge Ribadu is mounting against corruption and the status quo must be seen as the catalyst for the mékunús, the talákawás and the dispossessed in Nigeria to rise up and fight for its future.

We must not allow Ribadu to stand alone in these moments of his travails. We need to be seen as standing shoulder-to-shoulder in this struggle to reclaim Nigeria from the thieves who are holding it to ransom. Nigerians, please harken to my cries, it is time to act.

This is what we NEED to do!

We need to make the country unsuitable for thieves to own it. Security forces in Nigeria are generally more relaxed in the Yuletide season so we should use it to our advantage.

Let all Nigerians stockpile food, water and fuel from now on to sustain them at least for a month.

All civil servants and workers below the rank of Ministers and Perm-Secs should refuse to go back to work after Christmas regardless of whether the labour union leadership or NLC support them.

All students from secondary school to the tertiary institutions should report to their schools and campuses but refuse to attend classes. Instead, they should form human walls around the institutions’ entrances. They do not need to wait for the compromised NANS or NUNS or ASUU to support them. Everyone is affected but the leaders are already compromised for crumbs and are no longer interested in the common welfare.

All our transport workers, be it NURTW or otherwise should direct their members to mobilise and drive their vehicles to barricade all access points to the airports and police stations. For their safety, they should just lock their vehicles and leave them there until the action is over.

All market men and women and traders should refuse to go to the markets. Rather, they should march top-naked to the palaces of the Obis, Obas, Emirs or other traditional rulers and their governors and demand the release of Ribadu from persecution, the impeachment of UMYA and Goodluck or their surrender of power.

Nigerians, let us use Monday December 27, 2008 to demand our freedom from poverty, ignorance and hunger. It is our inalienable human right. Let us show our support for Ribadu and our hunger for a just future for ALL NIGERIANS by acting now. Please pass this message to as many people as you can.

I will see you outside Aso Rock on Monday 27 December 2008. If they foil it this time, let us do it again every Monday until we achieve change for the better in Nigeria. They cannot kill all of us. It is time to act.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by ALEXman007: 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2008
Look, I don't know if I'm sounding naive if I ask "why is it that none of the corrupt ex-governors had not been prosecuted since this holy crusade against corruption?"
Why are they fighting somebody who atleast made an attempt to fight corruption? are these part of the rule of law and due process? Is it natural justice for a poor thief to be lynched on the roadside for stealing 50 naira, while a Rich robber goes through a sham trial and finally goes free? are all men unequal before the law? do we have separate rules of law for the rich and the poor?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by tomX1(m): 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2008
Bill Clinton was one of the best prez in the US. But he was dragged to court during his tenure, not for the goods that he did, rather for the infractions he committed.

There should be no sacred cows in the country, especialy among the law givers and enforcers themselve. If Ribadu has (or did) break the law or violated some code of conduct during his tenure, he should be made to face the music on those charges, in as much as he was praised for the loudables things that he did. However any attempt to unjustly witch hunt him or any other Nigerian who stood up for equity and justice must be resisted by one and all.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by femi4love(m): 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2008
On this type of forum, it's very easy to know those whose parents or themselves are involved in money stealing and corruption. All that is needed is "shining one's eye and brain".
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Makavelis(m): 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2008
to where? grin grin
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by BOSS7: 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2008
femi4love:

On this type of forum, it's very easy to know those whose parents or themselves are involved in money stealing and corruption. All that is needed is "shining one's eye and brain".

Please mention names now? Abi you dey fear?

Haha, make them no start to pursue you like Ribadu. I don shine my eyes and I fit spot two people on this thread and I hope my eye dey shine at the right people.

cheesy
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2008
the fact that im criticizing ribadu doesnt mean my parents are corrupt,speaking for myself,what i have against ribadu is the fact that while he was in power he
1.practices selective justice,went after only obasanjo's perceived enemies, but the very wrong move he made in these selective justice was going after a private businessman who has never held a public office,who had no outstanding crime but whose only crime was contesting against iyabo obasanjo i.e lanre tejuoso,he hounded the poor man and unfairly disqualified him from contesting against iyabo, to think iyabo was facing multiple charges of corruption yet she wasnt touched.

2.his arrogance while he was in power,he disobeyed the present i.g and other senior officers and it even got so bad even the police officers assigned to him who were not more than the rank of seargent openly and blantantly disobeyed very senior officers bnecause they were under the protection of ribadu

3.the unresolved allegations hanginmg over his head including the underselling of some properties seized from people while in office
4.continually using the media to achieve his aims and deliberately using his contacts in the media to put out false statements
4.even after taking the police and efcc to court,still going on with media rhetorics and soundbites all for seeking attention

let us assume ribadu had done an awesome job for nigeria,he should be magnanimous enough to obey his superiors without any struggle if he has been removed for any reason as he is neither indispensible nor unreplaceable, he has served his country and has achieved what more senior and more brilliant police officers will never achieve both financially and in form of connections, if the likes of atiku lanre tejuoso didint raise a storm when he was dealing with them,why should he now
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2008
let us assume ribadu had done an awesome job for nigeria,he should be magnanimous enough to obey his superiors without any struggle if he has been removed for any reason as he is neither indispensible nor unreplaceable, he has served his country and has achieved what more senior and more brilliant police officers will never achieve both financially and in form of connections, if the likes of atiku lanre tejuoso didint raise a storm when he was dealing with them,why should he now
this is correct
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Tapiya(m): 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2008
Listen Guys,

Its not about not Obeying his Superiors, its just that those People are out to Humiliate him, and you know the thing about Nigeria is that as long as they dont like you they will do anything to bring you down, even if he had done nothing which they actually have not been able to prove that hes done they will still do everything to bring him down.So lets stop this blind argument and agree with the fact that this administration is witch hunting Ribadu.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by AceTech(m): 3:54pm On Dec 08, 2008
hhhmmmmmmm this is naija, expect the unexpected,

"ALMIGHTY RIBADU NOW ON THE RUN" how interesting, i've come to learn in nigeria nobody is clean. even the soul called EFCC
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2008
lucabrasi:

the fact that I'm criticizing ribadu doesnt mean my parents are corrupt,speaking for myself,what i have against ribadu is the fact that while he was in power he
1.practices selective justice,went after only obasanjo's perceived enemies, but the very wrong move he made in these selective justice was going after a private businessman who has never held a public office,who had no outstanding crime but whose only crime was contesting against iyabo obasanjo i.e lanre tejuoso,he hounded the poor man and unfairly disqualified him from contesting against iyabo, to think iyabo was facing multiple charges of corruption yet she wasnt touched.

2.his arrogance while he was in power,he disobeyed the present i.g and other senior officers and it even got so bad even the police officers assigned to him who were not more than the rank of seargent openly and blantantly disobeyed very senior officers bnecause they were under the protection of ribadu

3.the unresolved allegations hanginmg over his head including the underselling of some properties seized from people while in office
4.continually using the media to  achieve his aims and deliberately using his contacts in the media to put out false statements
4.even after taking the police and efcc to court,still going on with media rhetorics and soundbites all for seeking attention

let us assume ribadu had done an awesome job for nigeria,he should be magnanimous enough to obey his superiors without any struggle if he has been removed for any reason as he is neither indispensible nor unreplaceable, he has served his country and has achieved what more senior and more brilliant police officers will never achieve both financially and in form of connections, if  the likes of atiku lanre tejuoso didint raise a storm when he was dealing with them,why should he now

Very frank and correct!
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by igbonla(m): 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2008
cre8tivity:

this is correct

I beg to disagree ma! Ribadu took the stolen loot off them and left them via plea bargain. Atiku did raise storm, so did many others but the difference is that Ribadu can't get the kind of justice he served. Don't you guys get it, he just must die, he knows too much to be left alive. And he got posted to Edo state? Straight ticket to hell.

I know enough not to bother with all that is published in the papers. I am not on any side right now, maybe later but my present concern is the budget that has failed even before taking off. Guys, we have serious issues to contend with, Ribadu is the least of them.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2008
Listen Guys,

Its not about not Obeying his Superiors, its just that those People are out to Humiliate him, and you know the thing about Nigeria is that as long as they don't like you they will do anything to bring you down, even if he had done nothing which they actually have not been able to prove that hes done they will still do everything to bring him down.So lets stop this blind argument and agree with the fact that this administration is witch hunting Ribadu.
are you saying ribadu disobeying the rules and hidding is the answer? sorry, my dear, your view appears to me like solving a problem that comes up in a village of 1000 population. it seems very backward. this is a country that has rules and regulations. it is time for everyone of us to start paying more attention to these rules. nobody is above the law. we are all citizens of nigeria before anything else. everybody, including you, myself and ribadu must be treated equally no matter what the case may be. and this is the main function of democracy.
there are better civilized ways ribadu could have tapped into, but of course he must be hidding from something or there must be much more to his fighting against corruption in nigeria. and it isn't favorable to him.

what would you have done if you were wearing ribadu's shoes?

i would have publicly made it clear that i do not like what i'm being put through, but i must obey the rules and my seniors, therefore, i'm ready to face whatever they present to me. i would have allowed the same unreliable system to indirectly fight back for me. that is how a true leader should operate. but ribadu is too stupid and desperate for power to see through this cloudy weather. sometimes, one must pay attention and use his or her head correctly.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Tapiya(m): 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2008
Muza:

Very frank and correct!

HMMMMN AMUZA I will never be suprised at your support for that Poster, am sure you could be a Police man or someone close to the Police, If the Guy you are saying was disqualified had not done anything wrong then am sure he would have gone to Court Like Atiku did when he was supposedly wrongly disqualified, and when you talk selective I want to state here that if those selected have soiled their hands already then good for them, Media? Hes got the most results, Number of convictions have never been matched by the So called replacement, Do you know Sahara reporters? they were in the forefront of the issue of selectiveness in his way of doing things and now that they have seen the truth they are up for him. the undersold Properties? they are just using that as an excuse to hound him and they will not succeed Half bread is better than none at all, In Ribadu We saw an Attempt at Fighting Corruption but right now the Whole thing is dead, why was ICPC Not fighting like the EFCC? were they not Obasanjo's Boys? so why was Ribadu's different? Tell me o'

Ribadu is it man.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Tapiya(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2008
SSS, Aondoakaa in Desperate Move to Cover Up Arrest of AGF’s Brother

Last View on Mon 8th December, 2008
Last Modified on Mon 17th November, 2008 8:02:20 pm
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara
SaharaReporters, New York

A source within the State Security Services has revealed desperate efforts by the top hierarchy of the agency and Attorney General Michael Aondoakaa to destroy records of the agency’s recent arrest and interrogation of Innocent Aondoakaa.

The source, who has worked for the SSS for several years, said Aondoakaa was shaken by an exclusive report by SaharaReporters on the arrest last Monday of Innocent Aondoakaa, a younger brother to the attorney general.

“The sinister deal to destroy the records is being brokered and financed by controversial businessman Jimoh Ibrahim,” our source revealed.

As SaharaReporters exclusively reported, Innocent Aondoakaa, who acts as a front to collect bribes and other extortion fees on behalf of Michael Aondoakaa, was first brought to the headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Monday November 10 2008 where he was "coached" by EFCC officials selected by Mrs. Farida Waziri on what to tell the SSS.

SaharaReporters further confirmed from officials knowledgeable about the coaching session that Innocent was also instructed not to take his mobile phone with him to the SSS Yellow House headquarters. He subsequently handed one of his handsets to an EFCC official before he was personally driven to the SSS headquarters by one Babakura Mohammed, the head of the EFCC’s "intelligence unit," a special section created by Mrs. Waziri when she took over at the anti-corruption agency earlier this year.

Babakura Mohammed did not know that Innocent carried a second phone with him. As SaharaReporters revealed, the second handset that Mohammed hid from the EFCC "intelligence officer" was the phone that incriminated AGF Aondoakaa and Mrs. Waziri's corrupt deals that Innocent Aondoakaa has helped to coordinate.

Attorney General Aondoakaa is currently in Benue state where he claims to be attending a burial of a relative. A source close to a friend of his said Mr. Aondoakaa has used “friendly media” to deny our reports about his brother’s arrest. “He is worried that the denials may be thin. He knows that the SSS officers who interrogated his brother – and uncovered evidence of his shake-down role for the Minister and Mrs. Waziri have been talking to you,” said the source.

SaharaReporters has detailed numerous scams and shady deals involving Mr. Aondoakaa, but Umaru Yar’adua had been reluctant to act until Governor Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State petitioned about the AG’s attempt to extort $5 million from his government. The SSS moved in to investigate this and that was when Innocent Aondoakaa was pulled in.

Two sources, one close to former Governor Peter Odili, the other a senior SSS official, have disclosed to SaharaReporters that Mr. Aondoakaa and Mrs. Waziri collected $2 million from Peter Odili, the former governor of Rivers State. The pay-off to the AGF and EFCC chairman was a fee to "kill the case against Odili," said the SSS source.

Odili was a two-term governor of the oil-rich Rivers State. EFCC officials dsecribe him as "one of the most corrupt politicians in Nigeria's history."

The EFCC received a huge number of petitions detailing Odili's massive corruption. One EFCC source told SaharaReporters that, during most of his eight years in office, Odili funneled huge sums to former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the ex-president's close confidantes. He also gave a monthly "fee" of N50 million to Mr. Tony Anenih, former chairman of the ruling party's board of trustees. Mr. Anenih also collected a similar amount each month from former Governor Lucky Igbinedion of Edo State.

Our sources said that, in exchange for the $2 million from Odili, Aondoakaa and Waziri agreed that the EFCC should not mount a rigorous appeal against a bizarre perpetual injunction the former governor obtained from a Federal judge in Port Harcourt prohibiting his arrest or investigation for corruption.

After collecting the pay-off, Mr. Aondoakaa attended Odili's extravagant birthday as a "Guest of Honor." He later explained to friends that the opulent birthday bash was a reconnaissance to recruit politicians to support Yar'adua's second term run in 2011.

However, a source close to the Presidency told SaharaReporters that Yar’adua is also rattled by our reports that have revealed the extensive corrupt acts of the attorney general, including his efforts to bribe the Supreme Court justices hearing an appeal against the verdict of the presidential election tribunal that upheld Yar'adua’s fraudulent election.

“I can tell you that the SSS has received directives from Aso Rock not to take any further actions on Innocent Aondoakaa,” said the source, noting that Yar’adua still counts on the attorney general to anchor the project of compromising Supreme Court justices. “The president is appalled at Chief Aondoakaa’s embarrassing deals, but he is also cautious that Aondoakaa might spill the beans if the SSS moves aggressively against his brother,” said the source
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2008
cre8tivity:

i would have publicly made it clear that i do not like what i'm being put through, but i must obey the rules and my seniors,
@ creativity; I think u r missing the point here; There is no one who is perfect; when Ribadu was removed by being sent to course; though people shouted foulplay,  He took it in his stride; [color=#990000][/color]

therefore, i'm ready to face whatever they present to me. i would have allowed the same unreliable system to indirectly fight back for me. that is how a true leader should operate. but ribadu is too stupid and desperate for power to see through this cloudy weather. sometimes, one must pay attention and use his or her head correctly.

@ creativity; Now he was double demoted; that is victimisation- if u cant see then there is no point really; his car is being shot at? At this stage he went to court; with total disregard for the "Rule of Law" he was humiliated at a graduation where the case pending.
Am in no way saying Ribadu is a saint or he did not fight a selective battle; relieving him of his post @ the EFCC should have been enough; and allow their farida to fight corruption "unselectively" except for the case of lanre tejuosho; non of the other victims can be said to be clean; neither can we say ribadu is truly clean. And are forgetting that this is in a country that the Attorney General was murdered and nothing happened so asking him to " would have allowed the same unreliable system to indirectly fight back for me" is childish
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Tapiya(m): 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2008
cre8tivity:

are you saying ribadu disobeying the rules and hidding is the answer? sorry, my dear, your view appears to me like solving a problem that comes up in a village of 1000 population. it seems very backward. this is a country that has rules and regulations. it is time for everyone of us to start paying more attention to these rules. nobody is above the law. we are all citizens of nigeria before anything else. everybody, including you, myself and ribadu must be treated equally no matter what the case may be. and this is the main function of democracy.
there are better civilized ways ribadu could have tapped into, but of course he must be hidding from something or there must be much more to his fighting against corruption in nigeria. and it isn't favorable to him.

i would have publicly made it clear that i do not like what i'm being put through, but i must obey the rules and my seniors, therefore, i'm ready to face whatever they present to me. i would have allowed the same unreliable system to indirectly fight back for me. that is how a true leader should operate. but ribadu is too stupid and desperate for power to see through this cloudy weather. sometimes, one must pay attention and use his or her head correctly.

Hmmmn you want Ribadu to be A Jesus Christ Of Nigeria then? these People are ready to eat him up as soon as they can lay hands on him, they can pile up allegations on him. What were our Nadeco Brothers doing? did they do anything wrong? but they left the country so if they could then I think Ribadu could do the same as well.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2008
In Ribadu We saw an Attempt at Fighting Corruption but right now the Whole thing is dead, why was ICPC Not fighting like the EFCC? were they not Obasanjo's Boys? so why was Ribadu's different? Tell me o'
i happen to be a little bit closer to icpc and i will try my best to answer this question.
my dear, during obasojo's regime, icpc was being controlled or managed by bigwigs old school judges that were even older and had more experience in-terms of life and politics than obasojo himself. therefore obasojo intentionally did not bother to involve these icpc people, they were too smart, been around too long and too brave for obasojo to mess with them. but here comes jonny the policeman, a man that loves power, very ignorant and arrogant at the same. his name is ribadu. obasojo saw these special qualities and immediately too advantage. ribadu wasn't bright enough to see past those days, and this is why he finds it very difficult to believe what is going wrong with him today. ribadu intentionally did not listen to advise from the wise ones. he was told to take it easy and not to be used, but his head was too big at those wonderful days.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Tapiya(m): 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2008
cre8tivity:

i happen to be a little bit closer to icpc and i will try my best to answer this question.
my dear, during obasojo's regime, icpc was being controlled or managed by bigwigs old school judges that were even older and had more experience in-terms of life and politics than obasojo himself. therefore obasojo intentionally did not bother to involve these icpc people, they were too smart, been around too long and too brave for obasojo to mess with them. but here comes jonny the policeman, a man that loves power, very ignorant and arrogant at the same. his name is ribadu. obasojo saw these special qualities and immediately too advantage. ribadu wasn't bright enough to see past those days, and this is why he finds it very difficult to believe what is going wrong with him today. ribadu intentionally did not listen to advise from the wise ones. he was told to take it easy and not to be used, but his head was too big at those wonderful days.

But why did they not go after the known corrupt People? since they were expirience? or is it a good thing for one to have the power to Pursue a case then sits back and watch the corruption going on? We heard they went after some govnors that Ribadu went after as well, So tell me the Wisdom in their siddon look, or what we are asking for is for Ribadu to have been just there watching them look us dry and not talk? that would have meant taking it easy abi?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 4:36pm On Dec 08, 2008
creativity; Now he was double demoted; that is victimisation- if u can't see then there is no point really; his car is being shot at? At this stage he went to court; with total disregard for the "Rule of Law" he was humiliated at a graduation where the case pending.

how was he promoted? did he wear police uniform to the graduation? did he follow the right steps to report that his car was being shot at? did he take fg and nigeria police to court? did he sell looted items at a ridiculous price? did he take any illegal gift during his time? did he sell himself looted items? why is he running? did he mistreat anybody during his time? did he mistreat the vp? did he intentionally ignore any corrupt govt officials during his time? did he exercise true democracy during his time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva / Lagos To Demolish 100 Buildings In Ifako/ijaiye / N5.5bn SUVs: If Democracy Is Expensive, Try Dictatorship - Adedayo Adeyeye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.