Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Ribadu Flees Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Flees Nigeria? (11878 Views)

Okorocha Flees Nigeria As EFCC Queries Diversion of 2bn bailout- Thisday / Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter / Investor Flees Nigeria After Being Paid N32b For Vessels - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by RibaduFan(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2008
creativity

leave banana for monkey. U are either a politician or a relative of one of the known looters. Am not attacking ur personalty, it is logical deduction.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Eziachi: 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2008
It's easy to be a corruption fighting czar in Nigeria because anywhere you look, corrupt people are starring you in the face.
Ribadu picked few of these thousands of faces and left out the big boys like IBB, USENI and his boss OBJ. You don't call that fighting corruption, when you pick on the small fishes and leave out the big ones and will ask you for evidence if you dare suggest otherwise to him like in the case of Aneni and Bode George.

I don't know how many people knew the fact that for four years, Ribadu locked up a former local chairman from cross River state for protesting confisticating of their community thousands of acres of land to OBJ private business interest. Where OBJ planned to invest in industrial wood logging.

Even if he wasn't selective in his so called fight against corruption, what is happening now will still happen but at least he can walk tall with a clear concience that he did his job without fear of favour to anyone. When Idiagbon left power, who was it that touched him, eventhough he stepped on big toes?
Reason? Idiagbon fought corruption with clear concience and no favours or do as I talk and not as I do which is Ribadu's style. And Idiagbon has no interest in material possessions or personal publicity which Ribadu seems to be addicted to, while he was on top.

Who in their right might want to die or sacrifice anything for Nigeria? A sinking ship, just floating without an anchor.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 7:01pm On Dec 05, 2008
eziachi, you better be careful before someone calls you a politician or a son of an ex governor or bigb or a family of a looter or a thief. all because you stand by the truth of the matter.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Eziachi: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

cre8ivity so who is ur role model for Nigeria politricks. The guy try. Him dey run because he is fearing for his life.

Looking for a role model in  Nigeria politics is like looking for a christian born again Sultan of Sokoto.
It's only in Nigeria that public servant are said to have tried.  You are meant to have the job done and not try as that is why the position was given and well paid too.  Ribadu had one in a million chance opportunity to do something to corruption BUT he failed miserably.

Forget one second about his self publicity stunts and various self ego trips, tell me one single person Ribadu sent to a long term jail because of corruption? His selective prey on corrupt people help corruption instead of the opposite because those he left out were emboldened and thinks they are untouchable.

Ribadu fuel corruption by twisting house assembly members into illegal impeachements and thanks to him the like of Aloa Akala is governor today and minus the supreme court Andy Uba will be ruling Anambra today thanks to Ribadu. (corruption is not only about naira and kobo)

Like others before him, he made a fool of many Nigerians by pretending to be what he was never. He boasted about Tafa Balogun, but where is Balogun today? at home enjoying himself or in jail? while an equevalent of him in China should have face a death penalty. Ribadu never tell us where Balogun got the cash he was caught with came from because that would have landed on OBJ's lap. And why OBJ and his thugs want to silence him.
When Dariye in desperation told him how he handed the money for his state's ecologicl programme to OBJ and his party PDP, what did Ribadu do? Nothing!
He hounded Ngige to stop him running for governorship just to clear part for Andy Uba, but till today he never tell Anambra people what Ngige's crime was.
Chief CC Ono handed him over 300 pages of Info on how Gov Nnamani was drying out Enugu state. Ribadu looked the other way, until late when he made a show arrest of Gov Nnamani, that is after allowing him to run for senate. Where is Gov Nnamani today? In the sente mking law for you and I.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2008
Eziachi:

Looking for a role model in Nigeria politics is like looking for a christian born again Sultan of Sokoto.
It's only in Nigeria that public servant are said to have tried. You are meant to have the job done and not try as that is why the position was given and well paid too. Ribadu had one in a million chance opportunity to do something to corruption BUT he failed miserably.

Forget one second about his self publicity stunts and various self ego trips, tell me one single person Ribadu sent to a long term jail because of corruption? His selective prey on corrupt people help corruption instead of the opposite because those he left out were emboldened and thinks they are untouchable.

Ribadu fuel corruption by twisting house assembly members into illegal impeachements and thanks to him the like of Aloa Akala is governor today and minus the supreme court Andy Uba will be ruling Anambra today thanks to Ribadu. (corruption is not only about naira and kobo)

Like others before him, he made a fool of many Nigerians by pretending to be what he was never. He boasted about Tafa Balogun, but where is Balogun today? at home enjoying himself or in jail? while an equevalent of him in China should have face a death penalty. Ribadu never tell us where Balogun got the cash he was caught with came from because that would have landed on OBJ's lap. And why OBJ and his thugs want to silence him.
When Dariye in desperation told him how he handed the money for his state's ecologicl programme to OBJ and his party PDP, what did Ribadu do? Nothing!
He hounded Ngige to stop him running for governorship just to clear part for Andy Uba, but till today he never tell Anambra people what Ngige's crime was.
Chief CC Ono handed him over 300 pages of Info on how Gov Nnamani was drying out Enugu state. Ribadu looked the other way, until late when he made a show arrest of Gov Nnamani, that is after allowing him to run for senate. Where is Gov Nnamani today? In the sente mking law for you and I.

wetin be ur point? arguing 4 the sake of arguing?

creativity = bigb1
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2008
my dear mikeansy, what do you want me to say? do you want me to defend myself or just change the topic all together. i do not care about whatever id you've given me, you can even call me abacha, if that is better. but my opinion on this issue will not change.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by BigB11(m): 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2008
@Mikeansy:
You must be missing me.
Just in case you weren't informed, BigB1 has retired.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by BigB11(m): 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2008
@Mikeansy:
Please, I beg you with all my heart, do not bring me back.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by BigB11(m): 8:04pm On Dec 05, 2008
Folks, have a great weekend and a wonderful holiday.

One love!
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Mamajama(m): 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2008
BigB1 retired into the dungeons of gay voyeurism. Ribadu will be back and FYI He is still in Nigeria, reliable course. No course for alarm

WHERE IS THE TOOTHLESS GENERAL when you need him? grin cheesy shocked
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Eziachi: 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2008
mikeansy:

wetin be ur point? arguing for the sake of arguing?

creativity = bigb1

Here come one of Nigerian many half baked graduates.
what is my point? If you can't fanthom what my point is, go back to a proper school and learn.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by ojimboIV: 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2008
folks, no need for the digressions and personal attacks pls.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2008
i don't think he will run bcs he was bragging b4 the media when he was efcc boss that he will use every bit of his blood to fight corruption in nigeria so this is the time to fight.
someone was asking what did ribadu do? he arrested less than 20% of the former govs among whom are obvious anti obj. Odili was forced to drop his presidential ambition to avoid efcc. marwa was arrested and part of his settlement pack was his dropping of presidential ambition which later earned him ambassoodrial appointment.
ribadu script directed the impeachment and immediate arrest of alamasiya in a movie manner made jonathan the gov and later vice president.
every nigerian knows that the then orji uzor kalu of abia state was an open oposition of obj hence he became the problem and the chief target of efcc. the present gov of abia state was arrested to avoid him contesting for the post in abia. atiku's matter was implicating obj but efcc was out to stop atiku and nothing more.
all the obj boys had financial matters but non was treated by ribadu eg: an established case of money laundary was confirmed against andy uba via the presidential jet yet nothing happened. we all know about the nigerian ports authority and bode george, tony annenih and the lagos-benin express ways. we were mearnt to understand how was spent within obj's eight years in power on roads and power supply without anyone answering questions on them.
my own question here is, what didn't ribadu do? he did everything possible to face the same problems with mustapha who played the same role during the abacha's days.
ribadu shld come out and tell nigerians how far he went in his fight against corruption in nigeria
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2008
this is why i've come to a conclusion that says, ribadu is a role model to fools that do not want to see nigeria moving forward.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2008
and bigb1 logs out for creativity to log back in

@Eziachi

u want sabi wetin half baked graduate mean read wetin you type again u go see say u just they criticize everybody without any clear means of how change can come or who chage go come from. I no believe say you get agenda like creativity (nee bigb1), I no believe say u be politician or whether your papa steal naija money. I just know say u just dey confused.

me no go school, but I sabi the difference between incremental and radical change. nigeria as e dey right now can only continue to dey encourage incremental change because our elections no dey fair enough yet to produce radical change. Military coup no be option either.

So to come here and criticise everybody from A - Z without understanding who mean well for the common good of our country and who just one steal money is to simply feed the dubious notion that "THERE IS NO HOPE".

And I tell you the likes of Ibori will be very happy if you think say there is no hope for Nigeria and therefore not ready to stand up for your right because there is no hope.

Me no go school but I understand that one, make u go burn your certificate because u no sabi how to think strategically.

Your anger is not productive
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by eleven(m): 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2008
RIBADU: ‘We Stand By Our Story’—
5 hours ago, 395 views

Your darling newspaper (), yesterday, reported the disappearance of the embattled former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, from the country, to an unknown destination abroad.

Contrary to reports by some dailies, this morning, that Ribadu was still in the country, information they credited to unidentified sources, we maintain that Ribadu has fled abroad. Reliable sources and friends of the ex-EFCC boss confirmed our story.

Source: http://thepmnews.com/2008/12/05/ribadu-we-stand-by-our-story
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by McKren(m): 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2008
If fleeing will keep him safe goodluck to him, I love the man so much to see him die.

The concience of a Nation is under test when a man becomes an outcast for working for the people's interest.

The reputation of this regime is completely damaged.

I am only waiting for Ogbonaya Onovo's report on the panel he was meant to chair. It will really be shameful on his part if after being humiliated by this regime, he allows himself to be dragged into this administration's cardinal sin. Ribadu has a case in court, the Police can wait for the court proceedings before taking actions.

I am also waiting to hear from that Judge that will suggest that in a Presidential system of Government, that after an individual has been promoted by the President and commander-in-chief of the Armed forces. The head of PSC has the right to reverse that promotion.

Only time will tell.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2008
Now we know this guy has something to hide,if not,
what is he running away from?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by RibaduFan(m): 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2008
Re: Ribadu Flees Naija?
« #42 on: Today at 08:43:15 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: mikeansy on Today at 07:42:45 PM
wetin be ur point? arguing for the sake of arguing?

creativity = bigb1

Here come one of Nigerian many half baked graduates.
what is my point? If you can't fanthom what my point is, go back to a proper school and learn.

Ezeachi, this shouldnt be coming from.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by BigB11(m): 12:24am On Dec 06, 2008
@Mikeansy:
If it makes you feel better, I will leave my logon profile active for the rest of the weekend.

@Creative:
Please, log back on and make this clown look stupid like his role model (Ribadu)

Again @Mikeansy:Now that you've brought me back from retirement, I hope the rest of the year will be brighter for you.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by RibaduFan(m): 12:26am On Dec 06, 2008
BigB1

Dont drink and drive. Dont drink and browse. It endangers the public.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 12:32am On Dec 06, 2008
yemmyse:

BigB1

don't drink and drive. don't drink and browse. It endangers the public.

Kai,Must you spam the entire NL,ne?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by concrete: 4:14am On Dec 06, 2008
@ cre8tivity:

you talk about having a civilized conversation here but you have yet to actually answer the question posed by many, what exactly has the man DONE that warrants him to be subjected to " the rule law"? what crimes do you actually think the has committed?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by concrete: 4:20am On Dec 06, 2008
chidichris:

i don't think he will run bcs he was bragging before the media when he was efcc boss that he will use every bit of his blood to fight corruption in nigeria so this is the time to fight.
someone was asking what did ribadu do? he arrested less than 20% of the former govs among whom are obvious anti obj. Odili was forced to drop his presidential ambition to avoid efcc. marwa was arrested and part of his settlement pack was his dropping of presidential ambition which later earned him ambassoodrial appointment.
ribadu script directed the impeachment and immediate arrest of alamasiya in a movie manner made jonathan the gov and later vice president.
every nigerian knows that the then orji uzor kalu of abia state was an open oposition of obj hence he became the problem and the chief target of efcc. the present gov of abia state was arrested to avoid him contesting for the post in abia. atiku's matter was implicating obj but efcc was out to stop atiku and nothing more.
all the obj boys had financial matters but non was treated by ribadu eg: an established case of money laundary was confirmed against andy uba via the presidential jet yet nothing happened. we all know about the nigerian ports authority and bode george, tony annenih and the lagos-benin express ways. we were mearnt to understand how was spent within obj's eight years in power on roads and power supply without anyone answering questions on them.
my own question here is, what didn't ribadu do? he did everything possible to face the same problems with mustapha who played the same role during the abacha's days.
ribadu shld come out and tell nigerians how far he went in his fight against corruption in nigeria

nice to hear the other side of the story. i'm sure there's a little truth on both sides (Ribadu HAS gone after a few big men from OBJ's crew)

@ creativity: you failed to put into words what the above poster did and THAT'S why you were singled out.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by eleven(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2008
EFCC Chair Farida Waziri gets $500,000.00 “Mercedes Jeep” bribe from Akwa Ibom Governor; Ibori celebrates Nuhu Ribadu travails

Last View on Sat 6th December, 2008
Last Modified on Fri 05th December, 2008 5:44:20 pm
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara
SaharaReporters, New York

Two months ago, at a retreat for EFCC officials in Lagos, Mrs. Farida Waziri stunned her listeners with the very last words they expected of her.  She said, "Well, I know that you all work very hard, this is Nigeria and people will offer you gifts to say thank you for your work, please accept it but make sure you spread it round".

Some of the shell-shocked participants called SaharaReporters to report that statement.  In turn, we immediately contacted the EFCC spokesperson, Femi Babafemi, who denied that Mrs. Waziri had made the remark.  He went on to issue a curious statement to the local media declaring that Mrs. Waziri had spoken the exact opposite of what the retreat attendees had reported.

That gathering was the first at which the EFCC began to unfold its new philosophy and alliances in public, even as the influence of Yar'adua’s lawyer, Wole Olanipekun, began to ripple around the agency. Olanipekun, who was once interrogated by the EFCC for money laundering, was a keynote speaker at the retreat.

As SaharaReporters found out, Mrs. Waziri is currently living by the creed she disclosed at that Lagos retreat. We have documented a series of corrupt activities engaged in by Mrs. Waziri, in concert with her fellow Benue-born brother-in-crime, federal Attorney General Michael Aondoakaa, to collect bribes from—among others—the governors of Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Rivers States.  Up till today, Mrs. Waziri has not tried to debunk any of those reports.

In an update, our investigators in Abuja have found that Mrs. Waziri is in receipt of another "big gift" from the Governor of Akwa Ibom, Godswill Obot Akpabio.  Courtesy of the thieving governor of Akwa Ibom, Mrs. Waziri is now the proud owner of a Mercedes Benz GL 450 Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV).

Known as "Mercedes Jeep" in Nigerian parlance, the car was delivered to her two days ago, December 3, 2008. The chassis number on the vehicle is WDC 1648711A 390877 (It carries a WDC because it was branded by US automaker DaimlerChrysler).   On its website, the automaker says of the car, "The Mercedes-Benz GL-Class (code name X164) is a DaimlerChrysler full-size luxury crossover SUV built by the German automaker Mercedes-Benz since the 2007 model year." The brand new car cost N68 million  (estimated at $500,000) dollars, because it is fully armored (bullet proof.)

SaharaReporters has confirmed that the car was driven to a house in Gboko, Benue state by Mrs. Waziri's driver. The house is located in the GRA area in Gboko.  A source described the location of the unregistered car as being a property next to Mr. Ambrose Feese, the former managing director of Nigeria Merchant Bank.  The destination of the car may change quickly as this report becomes public.  An aide to Mrs. Waziri told Saharareporters the EFCC chairwoman intends to claim it is a gift from her husband.

The latest revelation of Mrs. Waziri's corrupt lifestyle is nothing new. Saharareporters has reported her shopping spree in the UK, as corrupt former and serving governors recruited her to the EFCC job. She is also widely known to be a lover of expensive jewelry and other luxurious items.

The revelation of the car gift is coming on the heels of her continued collaboration with former Inspector generals of Police who now act as bailers and guarantors for EFCC victims under her watch. Three former inspector generals of police, namely Gambo Jimeta, Aliyu Attah and MD Yusuf have been identified as serving as "virtual board of directors" of the EFCC according to an insider in the agency. The three retired IGs all have the hatred of Nuhu Ribadu in common as he refused their intervention to save former IG Tafa Balogun, who was found to have looted the police treasury to the tune of N17 billion.  Besides Aliyu Attah was noted for providing Fred Ajuduah with police outrider at the height of his "419" career and MD Yusuf never forgave Ribadu for interrogating him regarding the Haliburton bribe scandal.

SaharaReporters gathered that the three former IGs are working with Mrs. Waziri to sell Tafa Balogun's properties back to him under the pretext that the Ribadu-led EFCC did not follow due process in disposing of the properties. It has also been revealed that James Ibori might have had the $19 million bribe money he gave to Ribadu returned to him by the EFCC.  The former governor was heard boasting that his Nigerian criminal trial was over because he got his money back.

Last week, Ibori suddenly traveled to Accra, Ghana, in what was interpreted as a full-blown plot to exterminate Ribadu.  He reportedly made the tactical withdrawal in order to avoid being held responsible if anything happened to the diminutive former boss of the EFCC, but Ribadu was said to have gotten wind of the plan and gone underground. He is currently unreachable but sources close to him told Saharareporters that he is undergoing a "spiritual retreat" at the moment.  They, however, refused to disclose his exact location.  Contrary to some reports, our sources and searches of the arrival records into the US show that he is not in the US as being rumored.

Ribadu's predicament and the reports of his disappearance are being celebrated by some politicians, including the presidency.  The governor of Kwara State, Bukola Saraki, has personally called up several news editors prevailing on them to report that Ribadu has absconded to the US.  Meanwhile, Ibori, fresh from the festooning of INEC chairman, Maurice Iwu in Okigwe last weekend, shortly after returning from Ghana, boasted to his aides that he has accomplished three out of four things he wanted to do to Ribadu, namely to replace him as EFCC chairman, demote him from AIG to DCP, get him publicly humiliated  and jailed. 

Another report says that Mr. Ibori is negotiating the purchase of Abuja-based newspaper, Daily Trust, to strengthen his hold on the media.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=785

Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Charlesmud(m): 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2008
This people are bastards, its like their juju as made Nigerians powerless to react to all this mess, When will we stand up to change all this nonsense craps?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by 1luvkipsus: 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2008
no,
this is what you get when you feel that you're too big to obey the rules
this is what you get when you don't use your head correctly
this is what you get when you have something to hide

remember? nobody is above the law, by ribadu 2006.
we're all nigerian citizens before anything else, ribadu should be arrested just like any other nigerian that steps on the rules

Unspeakable of woman to have responded like this. Its a pity!!
If Ribadu has actually left Nigeria, its not that he has 'fleed' the country per se, but I think he has gone to where he and his work will be appreciated; the civilized world. He will soon pick up a UN job. Afterall, who would not want to 'flee' a country like Nigeria??
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by otokx(m): 2:10pm On Dec 07, 2008
soldier go, soldier come
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2008
Unspeakable of woman to have responded like this. Its a pity!!
it's too bad for you not to realize that the begining of a great democracy is when everyone has a voice and is treated equally, including ribadu. an american soldier that lost his legs in iraq while fighting for his country must still obey the rules when he gets back home or else the soldier would be treated like a criminal. this is why it might take nigeria 500 years to get to the level of democracy that exist in united states.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2008
besides what has being a woman or man got to do with expressing opinions freely
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Udobass: 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2008
All of you guys that are making noise about selective prosecution by Ribadu during his days as the EFCC chairman, how many of them can say that their hands are clean? To fight corrupt in this country, we must start from somewhere ,selectively, randomly or whatever. It pains me to hear peoplle talk about selective prosecution. a thief is a thief whether he was or not in the goodbooks of OBJ.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Charlesmud(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2008
"All of you guys that are making noise about selective prosecution by Ribadu during his days as the EFCC chairman, how many of them can say that their hands are clean? To fight corrupt in this country, we must start from somewhere ,selectively, randomly or whatever. It pains me to hear peoplle talk about selective prosecution. a thief is a thief whether he was or not in the goodbooks of OBJ."

Guy "Udobass" you make sense, I no just understand why people here are not talking on the main issue, we all know all this Nigeria political people just dey attach each other for the same thing (steal). So why cant we just face our own and try to talk on the issue how Nigeria can be resolved to a better country instead of talking abt people we no get time for us except the money and to attach who ever comes their way e.g EFCC chairman.

Oga o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva / Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano / Nelson Mandela In Critical Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.