Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (34353 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by baby124: 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
undecided
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
Kay17:

That's not an answer to my question. My question is 'isn't it courageous and more worthy to overcome a curse?
To overcome this curse, all other curses in the chapter must be overcome. Also, I think I should tell you that man can go against the word of God, but for consequences......
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Kay17: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
coogar:

we aren't discussing social or gender here - we are talking about gender.

how's this question relevant to the discourse. men got cursed in eden too & they have been living with that curse since then. without the curse, i would be nakëd in a virgin now plucking fresh fruits & riding on the back of a wild animal.

Gender is a social construct. Gender is how a society forms a social role for each sex, expects them to play it out. If a society instructs women to play secondary social roles within the society, the women fulfilling those roles would have secondary relevance. Hence in African communities, men tend to be the astrophysicists, the politicians and powerbrokers AND the women end up in the kitchen.

However amongst the women trapped in the confines of the kitchen are gems and geniuses who would have made impacts in the world. Because the few women that have liberated themselves have become Indian female scientists were able to launch a sophisticated space program on Mars, established jurists like Lady Hope of the UK Supreme Court, and the female justices in the US Supreme Court, the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Marie Curie who was responsible for the earliest research on nuclear activity, Hypatia of Alexandria etc.

Hence I asked, if it was courageous and worthy to overcome a divine curse. Which you have not answered.

5 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Kay17: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
Misogynist2014:
To overcome this curse, all other curses in the chapter must be overcome. Also, I think I should tell you that man can go against the word of God, but for consequences......

Is it courageous and worthy to overcome the curses?!
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
Chillisauce:

cheesy cheesy

they are confused.
Bible and quran says one thing on one page and says another on another page. The best person to find the part of the bible that back up their argument wins.

Thats why i no dey even bother to argue with bible and quran folks. Because, i can never find the part that ,supports mine cheesy. So i use common sense to follow them.

There is one argument from my sister that God does not know everything. if he knew all, why did he say he regretted ever creating man.

If he knew all, he should have known that man will disobey him after creation. After these quote, omoh , i come think twice. Whats all the ish about omniscience etc.
Now, bible don land for feminism too that fight for equal treatment of humans
And I will argue that, if God is God, He has to have power over His thought, if He doesn't, then He is not all powerful. Therefore, God chose not to know, the same way Jesus chose not to know the day of his coming.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by coogar: 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
Kay17:

Gender is a social construct. Gender is how a society forms a social role for each sex, expects them to play it out. If a society instructs women to play secondary social roles within the society, the women fulfilling those roles would have secondary relevance. Hence in African communities, men tend to be the astrophysicists, the politicians and powerbrokers AND the women end up in the kitchen.

However amongst the women trapped in the confines of the kitchen are gems and geniuses who would have made impacts in the world. Because the few women that have liberated themselves have become Indian female scientists were able to launch a sophisticated space program on Mars, established jurists like Lady Hope of the UK Supreme Court, and the female justices in the US Supreme Court, the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Marie Curie who was responsible for the earliest research on nuclear activity, Hypatia of Alexandria etc.

you are only mentioning the few exceptions to the rule - when i write, i speak about what generally obtains. women have been liberated in britain for more than 100 years yet only 9% of all british engineers are females.

so why isn't it 50-50?
did their society condemn their women to the kitchen. even in america, the percentage of the female engineers are less than 20%. it's baffling that more females actually get admitted for this STEM courses than males but majority of them change their career path shortly after graduation.

why is this? it's simple - they cannot cope with what the roles demand. you can preach gender equality till the cows come home but the fact remains roles that are more mentally tasking suit the men more than the women. it's not any attempt to denigrate women - this is just the fact.

Hence I asked, if it was courageous and worthy to overcome a divine curse. Which you have not answered.

i don't see how humans have overcome or conquer any divine curse. women still earn lower than men on the average. women still toil to make ends meet. women still go through pangs of pain and sometimes die while giving birth. so tell me, which divine curse did they overcome?

6 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
Kay17:

Is it courageous and worthy to overcome the curses?!
It might actually look as curse and at the same time, order. If you look at how women were treated ages ago, safe for Yorubas cool, it looked so much as curse. If you read the wise sayings of Confucius, you will know its necessary for order. It is this that causes and breeds mistake among feminists, they should be fighting the first and not both. It is courageous to minimise the effects, you can't eliminate God's curse, not even Australia(home of feminists can without consequences, grave consequences). These silly feminists have allowed atheious to spread mischief. cheesy
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
coogar:

you are only mentioning the few exceptions to the rule - when i write, i speak about what generally obtains. women have been liberated in britain for more than 100 years yet only 9% of all british engineers are females.

so why isn't it 50-50?
did their society condemn their women to the kitchen. even in america, the percentage of the female engineers are less than 20%. it's baffling that more females actually get admitted for this STEM courses than males but majority of them change their career path shortly after graduation.

why is this? it's simple - they cannot cope with what the roles demand. you can preach gender equality till the cows come home but the fact remains roles that are more mentally tasking suit the men more than the women. it's not any attempt to denigrate women - this is just the fact.

i don't see how humans have overcome or conquer any divine curse. women still earn lower than men on the average. women still toil to make ends meet. women still go through pangs of pain and sometimes die while giving birth. so tell me, which divine curse did they overcome?
Kay17 doesn't believe in God. I've read the bible over and over, I must confess its perfect!
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Kay17: 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
coogar:

so why isn't it 50-50?

How many women does it take to make an exception?

The West still has gender biases, hence the emergence of feminists. The gender roles still remain, marriages remain. The idea that women were 'created' to support men remains. While men build careers, women are advised to sit at home for the sake of the family and supplement.

You still are not answering the question.

7 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Kay17: 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
Misogynist2014:
It might actually look as curse and at the same time, order. If you look at how women were treated ages ago, safe for Yorubas cool, it looked so much as curse. If you read the wise sayings of Confucius, you will know its necessary for order. It is this that causes and breeds mistake among feminists, they should be fighting the first and not both. It is courageous to minimise the effects, you can't eliminate God's curse, not even Australia(home of feminists can without consequences, grave consequences). These silly feminists have allowed atheious to spread mischief. cheesy

In other words, you want women keep the curse because in your eerie world, curses are useful.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by crackhaus: 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
lezz:

All nairaland feminist are ignorant pretenders whose very phones, laptops and ipads they employ to participate in this feminist debate are bought by men.
Buahahahahahaha....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1857453_jonalaffing_jpega708b6fb7b1c54189c91ff44ca462616

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
Chai! So basically, you are more intelligent than all the women on the same level playing field as you? And any woman more intelligent than a man is because he was/is less privileged?

Papi, we done talking lipsrsealed angry.
More like he hasn't been to Nigerian institution were a female is the best graduating student or overall best in the college of Medicine/Pharmacy, Law etc.

Lol! Denial is bad thingy.

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by lezz(m): 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
And this quote shows how myopic and sexist you are, so no woman has bought herself a phone,good to know.
i said all nairaland feminist. You seem not to be able to comprehend

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2014
Kay17:

But they do have a source of grievance. Marriage as an institution imposes unfair terms on women. Nobody wants to be enslaved or be inferior to other humans. Our sense of justice rejects arguments that a man is more worthy of an individual than a woman.
What you consider unfair terms are actually fair. The measures could be a little extreme from time to time, but generally, the wife's place is beneath her man.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by lezz(m): 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

More like he hasn't been to Nigerian institution were a female is the best graduating student or overall best in the college of Medicine/Pharmacy, Law etc.

Lol! Denial is bad thingy.
intelligence doesn't equate wisdom or practical knowledge.
Being the best graduating student doesn't fly a thing.

How many inventions/innovation have these best female graduating student brought about or any female student for that matter?

Females students and graduates at best give back what they get from the society.

Men by innovation and invention give to society and pioneer new technology and civilisation.

Whenever i see the ever vast number of female students studying medicine , i realise that these females will just practise routine and regular medical protocols. They'll never invent or bring anything new.

Thousands of males who would have been pioneers are inventors are being denied entrance to study because of the quoter and sex systems

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
lezz:
i said all nairaland feminist. You seem not to be able to comprehend
And you must be well informed to have come to that conclusion.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
Kay17:

The West still has gender biases, hence the emergence of feminists. The gender roles still remain, marriages remain. The idea that women were 'created' to support men remains. While men build careers, women are advised to sit at home for the sake of the family and supplement.

What is so bad in women supprting men being their primary roles? What is the purpose of women going to work and earning money other than an ego trip? Consider the earnings/money as available and applicable to both sexes. Do you think they have the same general value and purpose?

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
chuka5000:

U are crazy

undecided
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Verily I say unto you, not even a night sleep will I waste on you. Your life is of no importance to me.

Ignored
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
logoscope:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Peter+3%3A5&version=HCSB

For in the past, the holy women who put their hope in God also beautified themselves in this way, submitting to their own husbands,

Can you read?

I said the passage OP quoted doesn't align with his point. If you want to point out women inferiority, quote appropriate verses. I was simply giving an advice which made some people piss in their pants undecided

Imagine I want to start a slave trade and I am quoting Gal 3:28 instead of Eph 6: 5 - 9

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by lezz(m): 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
And you must be well informed to have come to that conclusion.
very well so me dear.
No Nigerian feminist can live out the true principle of feminism.
They all ,including you, are just noisy, tongue-waging imposters.
Your feminism ends with disobedience to routine male requests and not taking the long, cold and lonely path of feminism.

I'm a male who shouldn't be having this baseless talk with feminists who are so intelligent to compose articles over the internet but too naive and ignorant to understand the very basic truth of human existence.

I have the burden to making sure this modern crappy crap called feminism is known for what it is.

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:

What I think is irrelevant in the face of Scripture, do you agree?

The question is how many times men asked their women about a decision. Abraham did not ask Sarah anything. He just granted her demand. Jacob was about to uproot his wives from their home. He merely asked if they wanted to come with their husband or stay with their father.

I haven't read the op either. I was only interested in what you said.

Well, it's your gain then that your husband does not require such a thing. I don't think kneeling is absolutely necessary. Respect, deference, submission though are all non-negotiable, however you express them.

Oh they do. Reality is shaped by the things human beings think and imagine.

I hope you got some good rest last night.

My reality is shaped by my thoughts and imaginations and not yours or anyone else. Same with you and All humans. Irrespective of my views on runs, some people will still do it and that's their rreality.

Run your home as you deem fit or as you interpret the Bible and I will do same @ my end.

I wish I had a good night rest.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
You are the one making some twisted comparison here, amongst primates there is human, is ape human? Guy abeg, this is boring.
You think my comparison is twisted because apes are not human. Well, I think yours is absurd because women are not men.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
bukatyne:

My reality is shaped by my thoughts and imaginations and not yours or anyone else. Same with you and All humans. Irrespective of my views on runs, some people will still do it and that's their rreality.

Run your home as you deem fit or as you interpret the Bible and I will do same @ my end.

I wish I had a good night rest.
I don't believe that I've suggested that what I think is what you must experience. What I have said is that reality is shaped by what we think. That means that if I can affect how you think I can affect what your reality becomes. I think that's why Jesus told us Christians to go and preach.

And I did not knock how your own home is run nor did I suggest that it must be run like mine is. I think you yourself respect your husband and let him lead you. But it's an assumption on my part though.

I'm sorry about your night. What happened?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by coogar: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
Kay17:

if they are in the fewest minority, then it's an exception to the rule. men are still responsible for 99% of all human achievements in the last 30 years. so where exactly are women pulling the trees? who are the female equivalents of steve jobs, bill gates, seun osewa or they didn't have female classmates in school?

if there's a gender bias in the west, it's against the men. equal opportunities for both genders mean more boys willing to take their careers to the very top are being denied admission for the girls. the girls get admitted quite alright & sometimes graduate only to abandon their careers for other less-mentally tasking fields or become a full housewife.

i don't understand your question - rephrase it or choose other words to make it more intelligible. no one has overcome the curse in eden so i dunno what you talking about....

6 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I don't believe that I've suggested that what I think is what you must experience. What I have said is that reality is shaped by what we think. That means that if I can affect how you think I can affect what your reality becomes. I think that's why Jesus told us Christians to go and preach.

And I did not knock how your own home is run nor did I suggest that it must be run like mine is. I think you yourself respect your husband and let him lead you. But it's an assumption on my part though.

I'm sorry about your night. What happened?

You can't affect how I think cheesy

The funny thing is that you seem not to have understood my posts from the beginning and I didn't have the strength to break it down.
I slept late and had to wake up early to attend a friend's wedding
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2014
lezz:
intelligence doesn't equate wisdom or practical knowledge.
Being the best graduating student doesn't fly a thing.
Good to know that.
I thought the dude was trying to say that a female would never be brighter than male if they are at same level.
Atleast, his argument has been refuted.

How many inventions/innovation have these best female graduating student brought about or any female student for that matter?
What if I may ask about their male counterpart who were best graduating students?

You're making it seems as if it's only a male can invent.

Atleast, some male hasn't invented anything unlike some women.

If you check my first post on this thread, I emphasized that superiority should be determined on achievement of an individual not gender.

Females students and graduates at best give back what they get from the society.

[quote]Men by innovation and invention give to society and pioneer new technology and civilisation.

Whenever i see the ever vast number of female students studying medicine , i realise that these females will just practise routine and regular medical protocols. They'll never invent or bring anything new.

Thousands of males who would have been pioneers are inventors are being denied entrance to study because of the quoter and sex systems

This is a lie, except if you're speaking for another country.

In Nigeria, no quota is done and admission is given to whom deserves except some people that get it through runse.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is writer. Writing requires creativity and thinking. You are implying that all male writers are better than Chimamanda?.

Dr. Adedavoh did what many men couldn't do.

So, superiority shouldn't be determined on gender but individual achievement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by babygirlfl: 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
lezz:
very well so me dear.
No Nigerian feminist can live out the true principle of feminism.
They all ,including you, are just noisy, tongue-waging imposters.
Your feminism ends with disobedience to routine male requests and not taking the long, cold and lonely path of feminism.

I'm a male who shouldn't be having this baseless talk with feminists who are so intelligent to compose articles over the internet but too naive and ignorant to understand the very basic truth of human existence.

I have the burden to making sure this modern crappy crap called feminism is known for what it is.

You are still on this anti-feminist fight? Give yourself a break.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:

You think my comparison is twisted because apes are not human. Well, I think yours is absurd because women are not men.
Neither are men women, so?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
bukatyne:

You can't affect how I think cheesy

The funny thing is that you seem not to have understood my posts from the beginning and I didn't have the strength to break it down.
I slept late and had to wake up early to attend a friend's wedding
I am very curious why young women seem to think this. Do you really believe that you are a mental island totally unaffected by how other people think?

Perhaps I haven't o.

Eya. I hear that that's the life of adulthood. smiley
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
Neither are men women, so?
Good. And since we agree on that, why can't we go further and agree that not everything that is suited to men is suited to women as well and vice versa?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by lezz(m): 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

Good to know that.
I thought the dude was trying to say that a female would never be brighter than male if they are at same level.
Atleast, his argument has been refuted.

What if I may ask about their male counterpart who were best graduating students?

You're making it seems as if it's only a male can invent.

Atleast, some male hasn't invented anything unlike some women.

If you check my first post on this thread, I emphasized that superiority should be determined on achievement of an individual not gender.

I do not believe men are superior to women. That's too simplistic. Men are created in a position of responsibility and authority.

The mental, emotional and psychological makeup of men and women are basically different. And so is their physical composition. They are meant to function in different ways to have a balance and more structured home and society of order, accountability and hierarchy of responsiblity for purposeful and well functional society and family.
Feminism seeks to deny this basic truth.

Men are inventors, pioneers, fathers, seed-carriers, the source of all human life, founders and sustainers.

Men have invented all the civilizations, countries, villages, technologies and invention.
Even all the sports we play are invented by men.

Women give life to the seed a man plants in her..
Women help their men realise his true meaning and calling. His very essence. When a woman achieves this, she has found a very rare state of being called fulfillment which no education or feminist rantings or wealth can give her.

A males's position as the head and leader is not by cultural positioning or vote; it is by his very inherent disposition at creation. He is father as the source of life who gives a sense of identity and security to his children. Something no woman can truelly give.
As God is father to all things, so men are fathers to the human race.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Could My Wife Be Cheating? / Five Deadly Words Used By Women ;D / The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.