Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (34339 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Sorry I went to night school and cannot read this epistle

Goodnight.
Verily I say unto you, not even a night sleep will I waste on you. Your life is of no importance to me.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by damiso(f): 11:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
Una no dey taya nii undecided
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by aadoiza: 11:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
pashaun:
Africans are the most religious people but yet have the most problems. When will you dumb bleeps realize the Bible and Qur'an was written by people (men) and not by God.

Feminism/Gender Equality just exposed most men aren't as hard working and responsible as women.

Women, for the most part, are raised to be head of household from young ages. Why you think little girls are often playing house and having baby dolls and stuff? They're being trained from jump. Men are raised to a certain extent. They're almost encouraged to go out in the world and be a f*ck up and f*ck everything until they get tired and figure it out for themselves how to be adults.
I like this-- they go out and Bleep everything with you included. At least you can't deny that.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by kandiikane(m): 11:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
cheesy

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by pashaun(f): 11:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Is this supposed to mean a thing to me? You define feminism to be men-hating, that's not my fault.

The dude is obviously dumb!

fem·i·nism
\ˈfe-mə-ˌni-zəm\
noun
: the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities
: organized activity in support of women's rights and interests

Full Definition
1 :the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
2 :organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

misogynist
[mi-soj-uh-nist, mahy‐]
noun
a person who hates, dislikes, mistrusts, or mistreats women.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
What is Love - by Aristophanes
following Plato
I've always been facinated by that
part of Plato's Symposium, where
he lets Aristophanes give his
contribution to the subject: What
is love?
"In the second place,"
Aristophanes said, "the primeval
man was round, his back and
sides forming a circle; and he had
four hands and the same number
of feet, one head with two faces,
looking opposite ways. - He could
walk upright as men now do,
backwards or forwards as he
pleased. - Terrible was their might
and strength, and the thoughts of
their hearts were great. - and they
made an attack upon the gods and
attempted to scale heaven."
"Doubt reigned in the celestial
councils. Should they kill them
and annihilate the race with
thunderbolts, as they had done the
giants, then there would be an
end of the sacrifices and worship,
which men offered to them."
Zeus divides the original androgyns in two.
Zeus discovered a way. He said: "I
think I have a plan, which will
enfeeble their strength and so
extinguish their turbulence; men
shall continue to exist, but I will
cut them in two and then they
will be diminished in strength
and increased in numbers; this
will have the advantage of making
them more profitable to us. They
shall walk upright on two legs,
and if they continue insolent and
will not be quiet, I will split them
again and they shall hop about on
a single leg."
"After the division the two parts of
man, each desiring his other half,
came together, and throwing their
arms about one another, entwined
in mutual embraces, longing to
grow into one, they began to die
from hunger and self-neglect,
because they did not like to do
anything apart."
Again, Zeus conceived a plan. He
turned their heads 180 degrees, so
that their face now turned toward
the front, and he tore them apart
and mixed them all thoroughly.
The two halves of the original
androgynous we call now for men
and women. Ever since they were
divided, they have been searching
for their original second half.
When they find it, they will do
nothing but to throw their arms
around each other and never let
go.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 11:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
pashaun:

The dude is obviously dumb!

fem·i·nism
\ˈfe-mə-ˌni-zəm\
noun
: the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities
: organized activity in support of women's rights and interests

Full Definition
1 :the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
2 :organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

misogynist
[mi-soj-uh-nist, mahy‐]
noun
a person who hates, dislikes, mistrusts, or mistreats women.
Very irritating person he is.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Kay17: 1:35am On Dec 13, 2014
OliviaPope:

The OP is confused.

Nobody said Marriage was bad.
Marriage is sexist.
Sexism involves TWO sexes.
When two people of the same sèx decide to get married, equality wouldn't be an issue

No one is concerned about the consent involved. The institution is the target here.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 13, 2014
Xano:
Interesting. I don't take advice from unmarried, single or divorced people on marriage. I thank God for the opportunity to read and listen to Kenneth and Gloria Copeland messages on marriage and relationship, among other great 'Christian living' married people. There are Biblical scriptures on marriage, those are my guide.
What, if I may ask, is their view on this topic?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by sammaking(m): 6:03am On Dec 13, 2014
Mintayo:

Exactly. Femisnism is satan's way of twisting God's plan for marriage.
The devil knows that once the family is down,the nation and subsequently the world is down. Femisnism is what a lady without humility uses to dissolve her marriage.
Yes God created man and woman but they were not equally,even before the fall,Adam was given a seperate role and responsibilty from the woman.
Also God did not creat eve the same way he created adam,adam was created independently from the dust,eve was created from Adam's rib-this has a lot of meaning for a thinking mind.
The Devil knows this,hence his idea of feminism to twart God's plan, it was the thought of equality or femisnism that He used to bring eve down. Eve wanted equality,not only with God but with Adam. This brought their fall,same will happen to any lady that builds her home on the foundation of feminism.

Weldon my Bro.

The Devil always forming equality with God since 0000BC

Every time I see pride n Disobedience u see him

This same equality cost 'it' its Position

The bible made it clear when God said to One submit and to the other LOVE

The woman was created because "it is not Good for a man to be alone"

Feminism is Evilh

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by logoscope(m): 6:34am On Dec 13, 2014
bukatyne:
Genesis 1:27 - Bible Gateway

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1:27

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them

I am trying to see from this verse where it talks about inequality. If the OP wants to quote the Bible let him/her make appropriate references.

@OP: no comment; the Bible passage attracted me

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Peter+3%3A5&version=HCSB

For in the past, the holy women who put their hope in God also beautified themselves in this way, submitting to their own husbands,
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Xano(m): 6:39am On Dec 13, 2014
Timbuktou:
What, if I may ask, is their view on this topic?
They referred to the bible as regards it. They also said feminism was never written in the bible and have no place in marriage.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 13, 2014
What I noticed on this thread- is that Christians are more fanatical and bigoted than other religion.

I haven't seen any muslim quote a quran to counter any point.

Only them. undecided

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 13, 2014
Xano:

They referred to the bible as regards it. They also said feminism was never written in the bible and have no place in marriage.
Got no problem with that.

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by deolumike(m): 8:23am On Dec 13, 2014
Feminism will never be the solution to address perceived male domination.

someone on this forum made this intelligent submission and I agree with him

" go to the source of the problem. Teach the men
to be real men; responsible, loving, supportive,
custodians and protectors of their families.
Making a woman change her nature from kind and
caring to selfish, self-centred(this especially) and
un-nurturing all in the name of feminism is not the
answer.
I am yet to see a happily married feminist."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Stillfire: 8:25am On Dec 13, 2014
FrancisTony:
What I noticed on this thread- is that Christians are more fanatical and bigoted than other religion.
I haven't seen any muslim quote a quran to counter any point.
Only them. undecided

Thank you. That is why I asked in the beginning is this a religious topic or a secular one?
The OP quotes atheists and then uses religion to back up his argument against theirs, rotflmao. Confusion galore.
Boring thread.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 8:39am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
I don't see where I said women must have everything men can have. I said women are entitled to have what men can have too, no subjection,no discrimination, she should be able to exercise her free will like a man would, if it's acceptable for a man then so be it for a woman.

There is nothing like different types of human as regards gender, that's more of an individual thing.
What's the difference between your first two sentences?

I don't think you mean to say that male is the same thing as female, do you?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 8:43am On Dec 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:

What's the difference between your first two sentences?

I don't think you mean to say that male is the same thing as female, do you?
I don't know what your point is, male or female, they are both human and therefore should be seen as same is all I know, thank you.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 13, 2014
Stillfire:

Thank you. That is why I asked in the beginning is this a religious topic or a secular one?
The OP quotes atheists and then uses religion to back up his argument against theirs, rotflmao. Confusion galore.
Boring thread.

cheesy cheesy

they are confused.
Bible and quran says one thing on one page and says another on another page. The best person to find the part of the bible that back up their argument wins.

Thats why i no dey even bother to argue with bible and quran folks. Because, i can never find the part that ,supports mine cheesy. So i use common sense to follow them.

There is one argument from my sister that God does not know everything. if he knew all, why did he say he regretted ever creating man.

If he knew all, he should have known that man will disobey him after creation. After these quote, omoh , i come think twice. Whats all the ish about omniscience etc.
Now, bible don land for feminism too that fight for equal treatment of humans
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2014
bukatyne:

Sorry I have been mobile and I am tired besides the thread is becoming winding with nothing new to learn. I thought you said they are different with no superior?

Men never asked their wives anything yet Abraham listened to Sarah and Jacob called his wives on what they wanted when he was tired of Laban.

Bros, do what you will

I have still not read the OP

I find kneeling very humiliating and luckily I married someone factory fitted for me. Hubby teases me that God loves me so much and honestly I know if it is only regarding my hubby. Let women be inferior, superior, equal etc. na una sabi.

All these espistles change nothing really.

Take care
What I think is irrelevant in the face of Scripture, do you agree?

The question is how many times men asked their women about a decision. Abraham did not ask Sarah anything. He just granted her demand. Jacob was about to uproot his wives from their home. He merely asked if they wanted to come with their husband or stay with their father.

I haven't read the op either. I was only interested in what you said.

Well, it's your gain then that your husband does not require such a thing. I don't think kneeling is absolutely necessary. Respect, deference, submission though are all non-negotiable, however you express them.

Oh they do. Reality is shaped by the things human beings think and imagine.

I hope you got some good rest last night.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by chuka5000(m): 9:29am On Dec 13, 2014
bukatyne:

A woman inferior to a man in the Bible?

Well well, the Bible supports slavery too wink

U are crazy
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
I don't know what your point is, male or female, they are both human and therefore should be seen as same is all I know, thank you.
My point is, human or ape, they're both primates and therefore should be seen as the same. That's how your argument sounds.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Stillfire: 9:35am On Dec 13, 2014
Chillisauce:

cheesy cheesy

they are confused.
Bible and quran says one thing on one page and says another on another page. The best person to find the part of the bible that back up their argument wins.

Thats why i no dey even bother to argue with bible and quran folks. Because, i can never find the part that ,supports mine cheesy. So i use common sense to follow them.

There is one argument from my sister that God does not know everything. if he knew all, why did he say he regretted ever creating man.

If he knew all, he should have known that man will disobey him after creation. After these quote, omoh , i come think twice. Whats all the ish about omniscience etc.
Now, bible don land for feminism too that fight for equal treatment of humans

My sister, na Jesus teaching I dey follow o. Love God and love my neighbour as myself! Wetin remain? That is the foundation of christianity. And this has helped me with my faith.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by winner01(m): 10:08am On Dec 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

You quoted bible.
Then, denied of not believing in religion. undecided

It would be reasonable to argue with feminist on/with a secular ground/opinion, because all these your biblical quotes and devil rant is nothing.
John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
Psalm 119:160 The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

Yeah dats right, TRUTH

I don't believe in religion, I believe in TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2014
@Huffington
To an extent this is true. I was once all for feminism till I picked up a radical feminist book. "Daughters of Saturn" was the name. Can't remember the writer. But it goes deep into spirituality, and with a proposal and demonstration of worship of the female greek gods among other invented ones, advocates for lesbianism among other radically feminist ideas.

I wondered if there is something more than meets the eye in the movement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 13, 2014
winner01:
John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
Psalm 119:160 The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

Yeah dats right, TRUTH

I don't believe in religion, I believe in TRUTH.
You quoted bible and you don't believe in religion?

Confused much?

What's Religion? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion
Christianity fits in 100% of this definition.

What's way of life?
-They can proove their deity.
-They don't believe in any doctrine.

Christianity doesn't fit here. cry

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 13, 2014
"But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does. If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.(From the NIV Bible, James 1:25-27)"

"Give proper recognition to those widows who are really in need. But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents,for this is pleasing to God.The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to pray and to ask God for help.(1 Timothy 5:3-5)"

Christianity is the most confused religion in the world with confused set of people.
Islam can do better. sad

Denying the obvious

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Xano(m): 10:36am On Dec 13, 2014
Timbuktou:
Got no problem with that.
Good
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2014
Sweetlemon:
It's a man's world.

We women can only stoop to conquer. I won't lie to you.

BUT I would advice you to check the kind of man you are stooping for. Not all are worth it.

I'd been following the debate on here keenly, but your post made me breake my silence.

Why would you concede its a man's world? On what basis?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by lezz(m): 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
And this quote shows how myopic and sexist you are, so no woman has bought herself a phone,good to know.
If there are women here including you who has bought a worthwhile gadge for herself, it"s the exception not the rule.
If you are a nigerian feminist, you are ignorance personified.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:

My point is, human or ape, they're both primates and therefore should be seen as the same. That's how your argument sounds.
You are the one making some twisted comparison here, amongst primates there is human, is ape human? Guy abeg, this is boring.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by coogar: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
You are the one making some twisted comparison here, amongst primates there is human, is ape human? Guy abeg, this is boring.

by the same token, is female a male? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / I Have Phobia For Pregnant Women. / Could My Wife Be Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.