Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (34334 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
hensben:
ok Gej is the president of nigeria, he chooses his cabinet n preside over the affair of the nation, does that make the rest citizen inferior ...but gej is the no1 citizen, he is the head right

We are definitely on diff wavelenghts:

A man is the head of his wife is 100% different from a man is the head of a woman

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Afrobasic(m): 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
My ex was a feminist.

Guess why we broke up? grin

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
What do you mean I haven't told you how? They are the same in the sense that they are both human beings, to be seen both as such, to have the same basic rights.

They function differently in the sense that a man brings the sperm and the woman provide the egg and together they make a baby.
Ok. Your argument for the equality of men and women is that they're both human. You realize that it would be absurd to argue that humans and chimpanzees should have the same rights because they're both mammals. If you agree that that is absurd, you realize too that it is important to clearly state what the rights that are at issue are and how they relate merely to being human and not to being male or female.

It's obvious how men and women are different in function. The question is how they are equal and yet maintain difference of function. As I have just told you, commonality of human nature is not going to be enough if commonality of mammalian nature will not be enough to argue equality between humans and chimpanzees.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Ilekeh(f): 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
guardian09:

We will always know children when the start typing rubbish...I pray for your soul...you call the Bible that book?lols

LOL You pray for my soul.......you think your soul is clean and secure? cheesy
Prof. Snr. Enr. Wohlee of deeper life, I don hear you grin
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 10:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Ok. Your argument for the equality of men and women is that they're both human. You realize that it would be absurd to argue that humans and chimpanzees should have the same rights because they're both mammals. If you agree that that is absurd, you realize too that it is important to clearly state what the rights that are at issue are and how they relate merely to being human and not to being male or female.

It's obvious how men and women are different in function. The question is how they are equal and yet maintain difference of function. As I have just told you, commonality of human nature is not going to be enough if commonality of mammalian nature will not be enough to argue equality between humans and chimpanzees.
Really? And chimps are the only other type of mammal out there? It is very simple as I don't know why you are making it sound so hard, as far as the human mammal is concerned, men and women are equal.

The rights are simply "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" if you think a man can have two wives, then by all means a woman can have two husbands, if a man can be president, a woman can too etc.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Was her husband ever mentioned doing anything outside the wife's authority?

@Deborah, I don't know either: it could be that Sisera did not have faith (case in point: Moses), it could be that women do not go to battle etc.

Honestly, I doubt God bothers whether you are a man/woman; make yourself available or He is interested in you and He uses you. If you don't like your suitation, pray to Him and if He wants to, He will step in.

Except the likes of Karthlyn Kulhman and Ann Mcpherson were called by glo and mtn and not God, anybody can be anything as far as He is interested. Another thing is that He works in line with what is on ground (culture and co) as far it is not outright sin.

Paul is the most misunderstood Apostle; even Peter testified to it. I will give him the credit that his epistles have been a center point of women's problems.

I am yet to read the passage that states men are superior to women (I never finish Bible sha).

I think you know that that is an absurd question. How many men were mentioned as operating separately from their wives? Can you count? Aquila was unique in his own experience. He is the only person almost always spoken of in connection with his wife. What do you mean "wife's authority" anyway? What is that?

It is significant because Barak (not Sisera) was a man. He was supposed to be the one at the forefront. It was supposed to be his hand killing Sisera. But because he failed in his duty as a man, he was replaced by a woman. It was supposed to be a thing of shame to him.

If God didn't bother He would not have "made them male and female". He created the difference Himself, thus it matters.

I cannot speak for Kathryn or for Annie. I will speak for Anna the prophetess, for Lydia the benefactor, for Priscila, for Mary and for Martha. There was nothing about these women that suggested that they were under anybody's heel but they very clearly mattered in the things of God. However, even the controversial Priscila was not found ruling over men by herself.

Paul is truly a difficult writer to understand. But his writings are not culpable in any way for the plight of women. People are responsible to read, meditate and pray to understand. Paul may have said that he did not suffer women to speak but he treasured Priscila obviously and mentioned at least two women in one of his letters because their rift affected the entire church that he was writing to. He obviously did not think that women are some afterthought God had. What I know for certain is that his writings were about decorum although I don't fully understand them.

Man is the head of woman as God is the head of Christ. There is a Scripture like that. N. T. Wright says that "head" there means "source".

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Really? And chimps are the only other type of mammal out there? It is very simple as I don't know why you are making it sound so hard, as far as the human mammal is concerned, men and women are equal.

The rights are simply "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" if you think a man can have two wives, then by all means a woman can have two husbands, if a man can be president, a woman can too etc.
I don't believe that I needed to list out every last mammal to prove my point just then, do you?

I'm not making it hard. If it is hard it may be because these are questions you haven't considered very seriously.

"What is good for the goose is good for the gander" is the definition of the commonality of rights? Where exactly is the difference then that you spoke of?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by tintingz(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
[size=14pt]Oh... how I missed a lot in this thread[/size] cheesy
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by KLand(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
The socalled feminists are lonely, crazy, frustrated and sometimes perverted. Only those who want to be like them will share their perspective. They are on their own.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Sweetlemon:
It's a man's world.

We women can only stoop to conquer. I won't lie to you.

BUT I would advice you to check the kind of man you are stooping for. Not all are worth it.
Every damn woman should learn from this damsel.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
KLand:
The socalled feminists are lonely, crazy, frustrated and sometimes perverted. Only those who want to be like them will share their perspective. They are on their own.
I like them.

They got no excuse to be lazy. wink

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by winner01(m): 10:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

LOL! LOL!! LOL!!!

If God's plan is irrelevant, then what it?

It was Eve that fell now? Not the both of them? It was the consequences of their disobedience and Christ died to remove that curse grin

Coogar, go and read your Bibeli.

*** Just saw the addendum: Now you are definitely trolling cheesy
genesis 3:16 To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will RULE over you."

The husband is the head of the home, not husband and wife. Anything that has two heads is a monster.

Feminism is from the devil

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I don't believe that I needed to list out every last mammal to prove my point just then, do you?

I'm not making it hard. If it is hard it may be because these are questions you haven't considered very seriously.

"What is good for the goose is good for the gander" is the definition of the commonality of rights? Where exactly is the difference then that you spoke of?
I'm just trying to tell you that it was pointless comparing apes and man, they may share similar traits but it doesn't make them the same, but man and woman are the same human beings.

You ask me where the difference is? You don't know that women are still not allowed to school, drive, drink etc in some places? You don't know that some men think women should be employed only in the kitchen/bedroom? And even in those places, she gets to do only what the man wants? You don't know a man thinks he's wired to cheat and the woman isn't? Okay since you don't know these things, there's no need to continue.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I think you know that that is an absurd question. How many men were mentioned as operating separately from their wives? Can you count? Aquila was unique in his own experience. He is the only person almost always spoken of in connection with his wife. What do you mean "wife's authority" anyway? What is that?

It is significant because Barak (not Sisera) was a man. He was supposed to be the one at the forefront. It was supposed to be his hand killing Sisera. But because he failed in his duty as a man, he was replaced by a woman. It was supposed to be a thing of shame to him.

If God didn't bother He would not have "made them male and female". He created the difference Himself, thus it matters.

I cannot speak for Kathryn or for Annie. I will speak for Anna the prophetess, for Lydia the benefactor, for Priscila, for Mary and for Martha. There was nothing about these women that suggested that they were under anybody's heel but they very clearly mattered in the things of God. However, even the controversial Priscila was not found ruling over men by herself.

Paul is truly a difficult writer to understand. But his writings are not culpable in any way for the plight of women. People are responsible to read, meditate and pray to understand. Paul may have said that he did not suffer women to speak but he treasured Priscila obviously and mentioned at least two women in one of his letters because their rift affected the entire church that he was writing to. He obviously did not think that women are some afterthought God had. What I know for certain is that his writings were about decorum although I don't fully understand them.

Man is the head of woman as God is the head of Christ. There is a Scripture like that. N. T. Wright says that "head" there means "source".

@first paragraph: My point: if you are not relevant, no famzing. @Wife authority: added that bit when you mentioned husband's authority. The Bible never mentioned authority. Simply stated a couple doing His will. Reminds me of that rich shumite woman; yes she asked her hubby if they give Elijah a room. It has been so twisted. One pastor even said she must have knelt down bla bla.

Shame ko, shame ni. The same guy named in Hebrews as men of faith. God remembers what He wants to.When it comes to these issues, I don't bother o!

Yep , I have read head=source that's why i do not support girl chike boy
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 10:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
winner01:
genesis 3:16 To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will RULE over you."

The husband is the head of the home, not husband and wife. Anything that has two heads is a monster.

Noted
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by guardian09(m): 10:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ilekeh:

LOL You pray for my soul.......you think your soul is clean and secure? cheesy
Prof. Snr. Enr. Wohlee of deeper life, I don hear you grin
Thank you for listening/reading sir...and I am a Catholic.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
I'm just trying to tell you that it was pointless comparing apes and man, they may share similar traits but it doesn't make them the same, but man and woman are the same human beings.

You ask me where the difference is? You don't know that women are still not allowed to school, drive, drink etc in some places? You don't know that some men think women should be employed only in the kitchen/bedroom? And even in those places, she gets to do only what the man wants? You don't know a man thinks he's wired to cheat and the woman isn't? Okay since you don't know these things, there's no need to continue.
It is not that much more pointless than comparing MALE humans and FEMALE humans who while being both of them humans are different kinds of humans thus making them unequal.

I did not ask what rights or pleasures women are being denied. I asked what the difference "of role" you talked about is if women must have everything men can have too.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
winner01:

It beats me how people scream the bolded.

Okay! Lets go there.
Which devil exactly?

Muslim devil?
Christian devil?
Buddha devil?
Hinduist devil?
ATR devil? Etc.

I need an answer because all the religion contradict each other.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by pashaun(f): 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
Africans are the most religious people but yet have the most problems. When will you dumb bleeps realize the Bible and Qur'an was written by people (men) and not by God.

Feminism/Gender Equality just exposed most men aren't as hard working and responsible as women.

Women, for the most part, are raised to be head of household from young ages. Why you think little girls are often playing house and having baby dolls and stuff? They're being trained from jump. Men are raised to a certain extent. They're almost encouraged to go out in the world and be a f*ck up and f*ck everything until they get tired and figure it out for themselves how to be adults.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by pashaun(f): 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
KLand:

And men can't be perverted, crazy, lonely and frustrated?

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by docsholz(m): 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
Marriage is overrated sef

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

@first paragraph: My point: if you are not relevant, no famzing. @Wife authority: added that bit when you mentioned husband's authority. The Bible never mentioned authority. Simply stated a couple doing His will. Reminds me of that rich shumite woman; yes she asked her hubby if they give Elijah a room. It has been so twisted. One pastor even said she must have knelt down bla bla.

Shame ko, shame ni. The same guy named in Hebrews as men of faith. God remembers what He wants to.When it comes to these issues, I don't bother o!

Yep , I have read head=source that's why i do not support girl chike boy
Famzing or not, you can see that it makes no sense to ask why Aquila is not mentioned separately. The couple was a unique case. Many men were mentioned in their work for God. But not their wives. Lydia was mentioned. Anna was mentioned. Anna was a widow. We don't know Lydia's marital status. But we know men who had wives and whose wives were not mentioned with them. We know women who had no husbands. Priscila is the only woman with a husband who was prominent in the New Testament.

The Bible does not speak of a husband's authority? What does "wives, submit to your husbands" mean?

Why did the Shulammite bother to ask her husband anything? How many times did you see men asking their wives to consider doing something in the Bible?

If His Will is the important thing, it is for women to be in submission to their men. At least, that is what many places in the Bible seem to say.

Is there something terribly wrong with kneeling to ask a boon of your husband? I'm not saying that it must become a law or a necessary practice of some kind, but what makes it that terrible to your ears?

What does that prove? Samson was blinded and stripped of his strength by a woman but he was also named. Does that take away from the fact that he was humbled by a woman? Should we not care that we keep our watch at our post? If individual roles and places did not matter, then even goalkeepers would be striking or playing midfield in soccer. You should bother. The Bible says that we should hold fast our crown that no man take it from us, that each man should look to his own field to till and tend it.

smiley That's some good news, at least. However, if the man is the source of the woman, is he not superior to her?

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 11:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

It is not that much more pointless than comparing MALE humans and FEMALE humans who while being both of them humans are different kinds of humans thus making them unequal.

I did not ask what rights or pleasures women are being denied. I asked what the difference "of role" you talked about is if women must have everything men can have too.
I don't see where I said women must have everything men can have. I said women are entitled to have what men can have too, no subjection,no discrimination, she should be able to exercise her free will like a man would, if it's acceptable for a man then so be it for a woman.

There is nothing like different types of human as regards gender, that's more of an individual thing.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by winner01(m): 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:

It beats me how people scream the bolded.

Okay! Lets go there.
Which devil exactly?

Muslim devil?
Christian devil?
Buddha devil?
Hinduist devil?
ATR devil? Etc.

I need an answer because all the religion contradict each other.
I don't believe in religion, I believe in truth.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

The same Bible said we should not build balconies, wear clothes with mixed material (90% cotton, 10% wool), practice mixed cropping etc.

We should learn to understand the context per scripture

Acquilla taught Apollos the scriptures; she also taught with her husband in the synagogue

Besides, that particular scripture the OP referenced did not back up whatever he was proposing.

Ok then, whatever makes you sleep @ night cheesy
Why make mockery of Christianity "Following the will of Heaven
every person is born into a social
network of responsibilities and
duties. In this relations a
confucian gentleman must follow
the four virtues, which are love,
justice, decency and wisdom.
There are six types of
relationships between people, in
every relationship between two
people are a senior and a junior,
a superior and a subordinate."
"A nation's strength depends on
its families' honesty," he wrote.
"To bring order into the world, we
must first establish order in the
nation," says Confucius' wisdom.
"To establish order in the nation,
we must first establish order in
the family; to create order in the
family, we must first improve our
personal lives, and to improve our
personal lives, we must first
cultivate our hearts."
Now we for many years have only
heard about women's rights. Now,
it must be about time that we
should hear something about
women's duties.
Modern feminists seem to believe
that the only thing they have to do
is to listen to their feelings and
find out, what they really want,
that will settle all moral doubt.
When will they ask themselves:
"How do I become a good wife?",
or "How do I become a good
daughter?" Most liberated women
never doubt that they are good
mothers, though many of them -
but not all - without hesitation
expose their children to grow up
without their father. #freecocoa #pashaun

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
winner01:
I don't believe in religion, I believe in truth.
You quoted bible.
Then, denied of not believing in religion. undecided

It would be reasonable to argue with feminist on/with a secular ground/opinion, because all these your biblical quotes and devil rant is nothing.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kay17 is here to convert women to atheism. Doing the will of his god, athieous. cheesy
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by pashaun(f): 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
Misogynist2014:
There are six types of
cultivate our hearts."
women's duties.

I don't give a damn about that. Before feminism men abandoned their families.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 11:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Famzing or not, you can see that it makes no sense to ask why Aquila is not mentioned separately. The couple was a unique case. Many men were mentioned in their work for God. But not their wives. Lydia was mentioned. Anna was mentioned. Anna was a widow. We don't know Lydia's marital status. But we know men who had wives and whose wives were not mentioned with them. We know women who had no husbands. Priscila is the only woman with a husband who was prominent in the New Testament.

The Bible does not speak of a husband's authority? What does "wives, submit to your husbands" mean?

Why did the Shulammite bother to ask her husband anything? How many times did you see men asking their wives to consider doing something in the Bible?

If His Will is the important thing, it is for women to be in submission to their men. At least, that is what many places in the Bible seem to say.

Is there something terribly wrong with kneeling to ask a boon of your husband? I'm not saying that it must become a law or a necessary practice of some kind, but what makes it that terrible to your ears?

What does that prove? Samson was blinded and stripped of his strength by a woman but he was also named. Does that take away from the fact that he was humbled by a woman? Should we not care that we keep our watch at our post? If individual roles and places did not matter, then even goalkeepers would be striking or playing midfield in soccer. You should bother. The Bible says that we should hold fast our crown that no man take it from us, that each man should look to his own field to till and tend it.

smiley That's some good news, at least. However, if the man is the source of the woman, is he not superior to her?

Sorry I have been mobile and I am tired besides the thread is becoming winding with nothing new to learn. I thought you said they are different with no superior?

Men never asked their wives anything yet Abraham listened to Sarah and Jacob called his wives on what they wanted when he was tired of Laban.

Bros, do what you will

I have still not read the OP

I find kneeling very humiliating and luckily I married someone factory fitted for me. Hubby teases me that God loves me so much and honestly I know if it is only regarding my hubby. Let women be inferior, superior, equal etc. na una sabi.

All these espistles change nothing really.

Take care
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 11:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Misogynist2014:
There are six types of
cultivate our hearts."
women's duties.
Is this supposed to mean a thing to me? You define feminism to be men-hating, that's not my fault.

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 11:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
Misogynist2014:
There are six types of
cultivate our hearts."
women's duties.

Sorry I went to night school and cannot read this epistle

Goodnight.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
pashaun:

I don't give a damn about that. Before feminism men abandoned their families.
You might at least give credence to Confucius, he has spoken well. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / I Have Phobia For Pregnant Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.