Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (34335 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Pajames4all: 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i love it
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
Women will always see themselves as victims, even if its a female dominated world. That's how they are wired.

Feminism is just a cause that bitter women fight.

A duck should never wish itself a hen.

6 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by holatin(m): 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
coogar:

the same bible says....

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve." (1 Tim. 2:12-13).

there's hierarchy or seniority in God's kingdom!

May God bless your descendant for this post.
Baddest analysis

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Women will always see themselves as victims, even if its a female dominated world. That's how they are wired.

Feminism is just a cause that bitter women fight.

A duck should never wish itself a hen.

Women are wonderful in their natural state, add feminism to them and you start seeing demons

12 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by 5minsmadness: 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
dre11:

That's one of the end time works
Since marriage is the first institution that GOD did proclaim to man and the oldest.....
So, a way to get man to loose focus is to destroy that institution and make it useless there by making man fall Grace to grass
Without the institution of marriage, children are going to grow up without any form of love or authority. This will lead to a rebellious generation. The women are already rebellious and bringing chaos. The children will follow. And mankind will fall.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Timothy3113(m): 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
Let us be realistic.
These issue always bring conroversial, in class female always claming equality. But whenever a heinous task, comes at hand, it is the male that do it.
Being a leader always bring a responsibilty, can a lady accept the role a man play.

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by An2elect2(f): 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
Yep i agree with the OP. Feminism is not at par with God, the scriptures and nature.
The woman was made for the man and not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Edusouls(m): 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
feminism is a tool the devil uses to destroy the precious God given gift of the family. Through the use of his most loved and effective destroyers women...

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ellechrystal(f): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hmmm. Na wa o
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Bizibi(m): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
The era we re in is gonna be headache in its own way...very soon they will come up with another thing,I don't know how life will be in 30-40 yrs...humans turning things upside down to suit itself and never look the damages it might cause in the long run
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by major466(m): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
Reminds me of an encounter I had with a particular feminist on Facebook. It was through a news article posted on Facebook about how "New Age Teachings and Ideas are sending wrong messages to kids and Crippling down the Family Structure" . I commented by saying something like this: Feminist at work.
Before I could say jack, the lady jump right at me and started raining insults of all kinds, calling me evil. That we (men) are responsible for the break down of marriages with our slave-master mentality. I tell you feminist hardliners are something else.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
If marriage is such a terrible anti-female experience, why then are feminists especially in developed climes campaigning for lesbian and gay marriages? Since marriage is bad, then the same sexes should stay off, shouldn't they? Does equal rights for both men and women translate to equality of both sexes

The OP is confused.

Nobody said Marriage was bad.
Marriage is sexist.
Sexism involves TWO sexes.
When two people of the same sèx decide to get married, equality wouldn't be an issue

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:
Hmm. I don't see how feminism is evil or devilish. It's just an avenue which women are using to fight and promote gender equality which has been denied for them. An avenue to structure peoples mind that it's nobody's world and your deed/success would determine your rank/worth regardless of your gender.

It's evil in the deye of misogynisits who can't imagine seeing a successful or industrious woman. They view all of them as a sex object, submissive thing etc

By the way, the whole tag/naming ish is annoying to me. I believe a woman should be whatever she wishes, without being tagged as a feminist or think about what a man/someone else would say.

Just be you.
couldn't have said it better myself,gud to know there are stil conscious black thinkers like you.

8 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by stagger: 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
Men and women were not created to be equal, neither was any created to be superior. They were created to be complementary. One is not complete without the other. The man was made masculine to take stress and face danger which the woman cannot take. That is why we have rough skin and hard features, and the woman has delicate skin. It does not mean one is superior to the other. They are to complement each other, and naturally, there has to be a captain in a boat so God designed it to offer protection and leadership to the woman and the kids, not to treat them as servants or beasts of burden.

A pencil and sharpener are not equal. The pencil needs the sharpener to be sharp, and the sharpener needs the pencil to remain active and sharp and continue to function as a sharpener. To draw an analogy, a pencil can be likened to a pen..is and a sharpener to a vag..ina. That is why it is so abhorable and disgusting to see two pencils or two sharpeners trying to do it together...they do not fit.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
onadana:
coolFRUSTRATION COMES IN MANY FORMS....
Your point?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Ilekeh(f): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
No, what threatens marriage is sexism. Men aren't used to strong women in a marriage role yet. They're still adjusting and processing it. Humans are slow to process change.

Give or take 50 years, feminism won't be seen as a threat.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Binutiri(m): 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
first and foremost All things and creature are beautiful as well as equal.
Equality in a way i believed is balanced fairness in between all creatures especially mankind.
1. fairness i believed its possible in all way.
2. Equality is an inevitable word in life even among your children or pets you have.
3. Feminism i believed too much request from women because women has all it takes to manipulate men,endowed from almighty.
4. The law nowadays favoured women more compared to men.(western world to be precisely).
5. The feminist i believed wanted to make men powerless and make men unimportant or punish them in a way.(Sperm bank for insemination women are in Denmark for sale just 500USD just like animal kingdom).
6. Racist issue has not even been addressed well in these emerging feminist world about blacks segregations in world over even USA.
7. maltreating of women is another views that has been ratified in the western world but after all these they wanted more.
If i am to give all the points we will not leave here till tomorrow, ask all these feminist or people promoting it about the values of mankind they know better but they are hiding from the truth.
When last do u guys flirting in a club with girls to buy you drinks the answer is No as for these women even a feminist do exploit men.But when things got bitter the story changed.
People look before you marry believe me you children and your future is at stake.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
coogar:

God's plan is irrelevant to this issue. eve fell since the first chapter of the bible & she was rightly punished for it. from then on,the place of a woman is below a man.

QED!!!

Really coogar? Like really? cry
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
Bible can never be used to support feminism neither would it be used to debunk it.

It was written by confused primitive men and they contradicted themselves many times. Smh

7 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by guardian09(m): 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:
Once again, the devil at work through his associates. Destroy marriage, destroy the family unit, destroy mankind.
You took the words right out of my mouth God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by yungcyrus(m): 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:

Correction.

Feminism is from the devil.
me for anything biliv in equality, the way sum men are treatin their wives all in d name of marriage n religion is demeaning...

Small time una go say eating CARROT is a sin...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by onadana: 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
[[color=#006600][/color]Your point?

My point is marriage is a very beautiful institution where two people of different background come together to make things work The problem is people don't even know why they get married so are bound to have problems.Marriage comes with responsibility for everyone.In marriage no one deserves respect...you earn it.Let's be frank...a woman can not be equal to a man...am not saying women should be suppressed...no....they should be respected.If your marriage doesn't work....I don't think that should stop others from getting into it. cool
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
Awaiting the usual suspects on either side grin
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

The same Bible said we should not build balconies, wear clothes with mixed material (90% cotton, 10% wool), practice mixed cropping etc.

We should learn to understand the context per scripture
What was the context in those places you mentioned, bukatyne?

Acquilla taught Apollos the scriptures; she also taught with her husband in the synagogue
I believe it was Priscilla and Aquilla. Both of them. Is it a far-fetched assumption that it was Aquilla's authority supported by his wife rather than an idea of the woman's exercise of authority parallel to her husband?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
To the woman he said "I will greatly increase the pain of your pregnancy,........your longing will be for your husband, and he will dominate you"....Genesis 3:16
The head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God. 1cor 11:3

If you have any respect for the bible, you shouldn't expect equality with men. The creator who originated marriage in his wisdom did not institute a democracy. He appointed the man as head of the family, with specific instructions as to how to carry out his assignment of headship. Granted, many husbands today have failed to live up to bible standards. However, it is no excuse to usurp the headship arrangement.

In marriages were the wives decides to usurp their husbands, does it really turn out well Compared to the marriages of our mothers and grandmothers who followed the headship arrangement?. The purpose. Of this paragraph is to prove that the idea of feminism and gender equality is outrightly against what the bible teaches, that is if you have any respect for the bible.

Anatomically, man and woman were not created equal. A careful look at the anatomy and physiologic make up of both clearly shows that one was made to naturally lead the other. For instance, compare the physique and stamina of a normal 20 year old male and a normal 20 year old female. As a mother, who would you rather have split firewood? As a female, can you take on a man of your age and beat him up? I guess not. By nature's design, the male gender is stronger, hence where strength (both mental and physical) is a factor to be considered, the man emerges as the leader. How many female presidents have emerged in history? How many female generals do you know? In the academic field, how many female professors are there, compared to the males? Or is there no level playing field there? Granted, there are exceptional cases of strong women. But like I said, "exceptional"

There exist a certain hypocrisy about these women who claim equality with men. You go on a date and still expect the man to pay, you enter a car and expect him to hold the door open for you. you do not marry until he proposes, he pays your bride price, he pays the bills and feeds the family even if you earn a better salary, because nature demands it. But eventually, you expect to be his equal. Why not split the bills then?

Granted, I'm not a chauvinist , I believe women are humans too, weaker vessels to be loved, cherished and pampered. It is unthinkable to hit a lady or even raise your voice at her. Not many men are so reasonable anyway.

6 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Rilwayne001: 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:
Bible can never be used to support feminism neither would it be used to debunk it.

It was written by confused primitive men and they contradicted themselves many times. Smh

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by nicholasis(m): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
Trying to do things according to the bible is actually a waste of time in my opinion because the contradictions are just too much and annoying.

"The bible said this", someone uses another portion of the same bible to debunk what the first person said, like what's that? Why can't it's stories and laws and whatnot just be straight?

Feminism has done nothing to marriage, sexism is the problem, men and women were created equal with different roles, y'all better get with the program me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by onadana: 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
][/color]Your point?[color=#006600]

My point is marriage is a very beautiful institution where two people of different background come together to make things work The problem is people don't even know why they get married so are bound to have problems.Marriage comes with responsibility for everyone.In marriage no one deserves respect...you earn it.Let's be frank...a woman can not be equal to a man...am not saying women should be suppressed...no....they should be respected.If your marriage doesn't work....I don't think that should stop others from getting into it. cool[/quote]
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Trying to do things according to the bible is actually a waste of time in my opinion because the contradictions are just too much and annoying.

"The bible said this", someone uses another portion of the same bible to debunk what the first person said, like what's that? Why can't it's stories and laws and whatnot just be straight?

Feminism has done nothing to marriage, sexism is the problem, men and women were created equal with different roles, y'all better get with the program me.
Explain this "equal but different idea". What does it mean to say that two things are both equal and different at the same time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / I Have Phobia For Pregnant Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.