Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ... (9299 Views)

Should I Stick To My Decision? Advice / I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice / How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by hazel01(f): 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
hazel01:

Recently we had our convocation with his mum present and my both parents present, we entertained our guests few feet apart and still he couldn't greet my dad, while I went to greet his mum, I noticed he was acting like he didn't want the extended family in attendance to notice we were together, he didn't even introduce me to his mum as his girlfriend, when I accused him after the event and everyone gone, he said I should have introduced myself on my own without expecting him to,while he was there looking at both of us, when I asked him Why he didn't greet my dad he said I was selfish and turned everything against me and made me look like a villian while he acted the victim, when I left his presence in annoyance he claimed I have a terrible attitude and didn't call me for days and to think this guy gave me a ring on our last day on campus, a lot of people saw the ring and started congratulating me
I am really not sure if I made d right choice breaking up with him because I really love him,and he claims he does too, nairalanders what do u think?
hm,
Re: ... by angelsing(m): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
You broke up with him already?, isn't that too soon..what happen to talking and trying to find a common ground on this issue..I think u rushed and was too hasty to break it off..Come to think of it u accepted the ring and just because this issue u guys can thrash u ended the relationship?. Not cool at all, if u love him like u said try and work things out
Re: ... by boxer022(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
To be sincere with you my sister, you were not rash with your decision. My reason for saying this is that he is at fault. What he should have done was greet your dad and your family as their son in-law to be, after which she will introduce you to the family. He would have after doing this, taken you to meet his mother and introduce you as he girl he wants to marry to her. I believe he is suffering from inferiority complex, or he is ashamed of intriducing you as his wife to be.

3 Likes

Re: ... by Tymax(m): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
Na wa for that guy. He is not proud of you. He must not have been like that before. Hmmm. What did you to him?

2 Likes

Re: ... by hazel01(f): 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
Tymax:
Na wa for that guy. He is not proud of you. He must not have been like that before. Hmmm. What did you to him?
Nothing o,just 2 days to the event he was telling me How he missed me and can't wait to see my parents, the day came and he misbehaved
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
Simple,hez not proud of you or hez ashamed of you..
He even said you should introduce yourself to his mummy,who does dat?
I think you did the ryt thing,if he realise his mistakes,he wl come back,so keep calm.
Re: ... by jmoore(m): 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
Introduce yourself to his parents, huh?
How old is the dude?

1 Like

Re: ... by yorex2011: 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
U don't love the guy. So stop deceiving people here. The reason why i said that is because you called it off for something so little, what happened to talking it over like mature people (graduates at least)? Even if the dude no try.. At least talk it over.. He might have his reasons.. Mind you did u graduate from OAU?..

1 Like

Re: ... by SeverusSnape(m): 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
There are two sides to a story, but judging by what you just wrote; you were not rash, you acted as any body would have done, you greeted his mom, but he couldn't greet your dad, May be he doesn't want his mom to know he's dating you.

1 Like

Re: ... by hazel01(f): 8:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
angelsing:
You broke up with him already?, isn't that too soon..what happen to talking and trying to find a common ground on this issue..I think u rushed and was too hasty to break it off..Come to think of it u accepted the ring and just because this issue u guys can thrash u ended the relationship?. Not cool at all, if u love him like u said try and work things out
the thing was, he knew he was wrong and instead of calmly accepting his fault, he decided to turn the tables around So I would have to start begging him.....that was not the first time he would do something like that,and I would end up begging him after he gives me silent treatment for a week,he has gotten used to blaming me and not accepting his faults,that he thought of wriggling his way out of that kind of issue gave me the impression he was not serious... the ring was just a scam

1 Like

Re: ... by ireneony(f): 8:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
you made the best decision....l think your then boyfriend has already introduced another lady to his parents, it will be somehow if he introduced u to them. them truth is, u were the side chick and he was just using u because of sex. how can a guy u call ur boyfriend not call u for days, dont call him, if u like u call him u are only bringing ur self esteem low.
forget about him, cos u are not getting any younger, look for another boyfriend.

2 Likes

Re: ... by Tymax(m): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
hazel01:
Nothing o,just 2 days to the event he was telling me How he missed me and can't wait to see my parents, the day came and he misbehaved
Hmmm. He probably developed cold feet. And you broke up with him just like that. You dey vex o.

Conversely, it's risky to be with a guy who would not introduce you to him people properly. It was very bad of him to have told you to introduce yourself to his mother. I think you know your "stand" now.

D guy nor try. angry
Re: ... by harrysterol(m): 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Learning cool
Re: ... by Afrok(m): 8:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
Even Jesus Christ said it that if U are ashamed of Him on earth, He'll be ashamed of U in the presence of His Father (God). Ehn don tey since I go church last, Una fit correct me abeg.

Well if U can't introduce me to people around U especially family members, that means i ain't good enough for U and U ar ashamed of been with me. If U see me as the best thing that has ever happened to U, U won't hesitate to introduce me to the Angels that brought us together.

So op... I don talk my own, i don't know if u over reacted or not but what i think is that ur guy didn't do well at all. Many things might have warranted such behaviour from him, try to understand why before concluding the breakup.

1 Like

Re: ... by hazel01(f): 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
yorex2011:
U don't love the guy. So stop deceiving people here. The reason why i said that is because you called it off for something so little, what happened to talking it over like mature people (graduates at least)? Even if the dude no try.. At least talk it over.. He might have his reasons.. Mind you did u graduate from OAU?..
I love him to the extent that I don't have any male friends or encourage other guys into thinking I would date them,this same guy forgot my birthday, and went to camp and start crushing on a girl, he collected her number and told me he would start working on her if I eff up, by the way this is not the first time he would blame me for his mistakes and not accept his fault after giving me silent treatment I would end up begging him,I guess he got used to that
Re: ... by hazel01(f): 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
ireneony:
you made the best decision....l think your then boyfriend has already introduced another lady to his parents, it will be somehow if he introduced u to them. them truth is, u were the side chick and he was just using u because of sex. how can a guy u call ur boyfriend not call u for days, dont call him, if u like u call him u are only bringing ur self esteem low.
forget about him, cos u are not getting any younger, look for another boyfriend.
I am not sleeping with him
Re: ... by yorex2011: 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
hazel01:
I love him to the extent that I don't have any male friends or encourage other guys into thinking I would date them,this same guy forgot my birthday, and went to camp and start crushing on a girl, he collected her number and told me he would start working on her if I eff up, by the way this is not the first time he would blame me for his mistakes and not accept his fault after giving me silent treatment I would end up begging him,I guess he got used to that
Seems he doesn't love you the way you love him... I really dunno what to say.. Maybe its best you broke up.. Maybe it wasn't best.. But everyone deserves a second chance.... Give him one and make sure you tell him your mind... I mean everything
Re: ... by mesoade(m): 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
ireneony:
so what search machine is best for this, OLX or Google?
Re: ... by mesoade(m): 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
hazel01:
[s]the thing was, he knew he was wrong and instead of calmly accepting his fault, he decided to turn the tables around So I would have to start begging him.....that was not the first time he would do something like that,and I would end up begging him after he gives me silent treatment for a week,he has gotten used to blaming me and not accepting his faults,that he thought of wriggling his way out of that kind of issue gave me the impression he was not serious... the ring was just a scam[/s]
. . He doesn't love u same way you do . . His not accepting his fault and you begging him when it's at fault gave him the right to treat u lyk dis . . I'm a guy,i can attest to dis,besides a female friend of mine had similar experience
Re: ... by vhickky(f): 11:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
mesoade:
. . He doesn't love u same way you do . . His not accepting his fault and you begging him when it's at fault gave him the right to treat u lyk dis . . I'm a guy,i can attest to dis,besides a female friend of mine had similar experience
I agree with you
Re: ... by angelsing(m): 12:00am On Dec 13, 2014
hazel01:
the thing was, he knew he was wrong and instead of calmly accepting his fault, he decided to turn the tables around So I would have to start begging him.....that was not the first time he would do something like that,and I would end up begging him after he gives me silent treatment for a week,he has gotten used to blaming me and not accepting his faults,that he thought of wriggling his way out of that kind of issue gave me the impression he was not serious... the ring was just a scam
He might truly love u but he might be blighted by his Ego..since u have always been the one that begs every time u guys have issue, u probably wud have kept quiet and wait till whatever time he realise u are not going to apologise this time. Though I still think u made the decision in haste..what next for u now?, have u told him u don't want him again or u just made up ur mind u don't want him?
Re: ... by angelsing(m): 12:03am On Dec 13, 2014
mesoade:
U shud use the word probably cos u can't be sure he does not love her..beside how do u propose to someone u don't love?. It might just be his Ego don't jump to conclusion
Re: ... by ogeoflyf(f): 12:13am On Dec 13, 2014
ireneony:

This your own deduction and conclusion ehn.. m like shocked undecided
Re: ... by valdes00(m): 2:01am On Dec 13, 2014
boxer022:
To be sincere with you my sister, you were not rash with your decision. My reason for saying this is that he is at fault. What he should have done was greet your dad and your family as their son in-law to be, after which she will introduce you to the family. He would have after doing this, taken you to meet his mother and introduce you as he girl he wants to marry to her. I believe he is suffering from inferiority complex, or he is ashamed of intriducing you as his wife to be.
She ws nt rash indeed, naxo he easy to get husband abi.... Or shey al relationship problem must lead 2 breakup ni.... Continue givin her bad advice, later wen she cums bck to create a thread on hw to gt a guy 4 marriage cos age is nt on her side, u wil be part of the ppl to criticize her

1 Like

Re: ... by passionate88: 7:06am On Dec 13, 2014
hazel01:

Recently we had our convocation with his mum present and my both parents present, we entertained our guests few feet apart and still he couldn't greet my dad, while I went to greet his mum, I noticed he was acting like he didn't want the extended family in attendance to notice we were together, he didn't even introduce me to his mum as his girlfriend, when I accused him after the event and everyone gone, he said I should have introduced myself on my own without expecting him to,while he was there looking at both of us, when I asked him Why he didn't greet my dad he said I was selfish and turned everything against me and made me look like a villian while he acted the victim, when I left his presence in annoyance he claimed I have a terrible attitude and didn't call me for days and to think this guy gave me a ring on our last day on campus, a lot of people saw the ring and started congratulating me
I am really not sure if I made d right choice breaking up with him because I really love him,and he claims he does too, nairalanders what do u think?
What do I think?... I think
Re: ... by hazel01(f): 8:24am On Dec 13, 2014
angelsing:
He might truly love u but he might be blighted by his Ego..since u have always been the one that begs every time u guys have issue, u probably wud have kept quiet and wait till whatever time he realise u are not going to apologise this time. Though I still think u made the decision in haste..what next for u now?, have u told him u don't want him again or u just made up ur mind u don't want him?
all of the above
Re: ... by hazel01(f): 8:24am On Dec 13, 2014
passionate88:
What do I think?... I think
you think what?
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 13, 2014
with a ring on us finger u guys still hv this kinda childish issues? love n marriage really scare d hell outta me.
back to d topic on ground...if it's purely from all u hv said then he has serious issues but as for breaking up I'm not sure that was really cool. u still love him. so give it a chance. n if it doesn't work out don't worry. it's not ur first time being in love. sometimes it ends. it's just d ring that makes u think this one is special. another will still give u a ring...
Re: ... by angelsing(m): 8:35am On Dec 13, 2014
hazel01:
all of the above
As it is u will have to deal with the decision u have made..Sometimes in a relationship love alone is not enough to sustain it..I hope u find happiness in ur next relationship that is if u guys don't sought out ur differences. Best of luck
Re: ... by angelsing(m): 8:42am On Dec 13, 2014
ireneony:
Irene, when talking about things like this, u shud use the word "probably" because u are not so sure if the bf has a side chick or not except when u are absolutely sure u can authoritatively say he has a child chick
Re: ... by ireneony(f): 8:44am On Dec 13, 2014
angelsing:
Irene, when talking about things like this, u shud use the word "probably" because u are not so sure if the bf has a side chick or not except when u are absolutely sure u can authoritatively say he has a child chick
any guy that behaves like that have a side chick or he is not proud of her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Most Men Like Big Yash Babes For Fun/s*k But Not For Marriage? / Dating A Female Bodybuilder Or Girls With Big Muscles / Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland Finals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.