Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

#bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota (20001 Views)

Paid Live-in Nannies Vs Professional Daycare, Which Is Better For Babies? / Nanny Caught On Camera Slapping A 5-month-old Girl / Post A Pictures Of Shady Maids, Nanny And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by WildChild00(m): 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
Sayoh:
This post is not to launch a smear campaign on the agency, but just to contribute my quota in warning other mothers out there.

So I was introduced to the agency by a family member, with the hope that the agency would have properly trained nannies and proper vetting would be done on the nannies. I chose to go with an agency that claims to train and properly vet their nannies even to the extent of ensuring the nannies provide guarantors, since all those small girls from upcountry have plenty wahala; and a motherly nanny who has had children is always a best fit anyday.

We kuku registered with the agency (N15,000) and were told it would take 2weeks to get prospects that i would interview.

The first red flag should have been the number of times i had to call the "madam" of the agency before she finally picked. I filled the form at the agency and indicated that i wanted a nanny that has kids, would be a live out nanny and is between 30 and 40yrs old. The next flag was also the delay in getting prospects (after i had paid the registration fee o), it took more than 4 weeks and several frustrating calls before I was told to come to their office at Okota to meet with the prospects.

Okay nau, I got there and had to wait another hour before the madam showed up, claiming there was traffic and that they don't normally open on saturday...blah blah. Long story short, no nanny was present, i only looked through their profiles and was asked to pick one. They said their staff would bring the nanny to my house before she officially resumes work- didn't happen. She eventually gave the nanny my number and asked her to call me, after another week had almost elapsed and several more calls.

Resumption day, the nanny didn't show, and when i called the agency and was given the nanny's number, to direct her to my house (hmmmmn)! I called and the nanny and she says "my husband say make i no work this month", and i'm like ahn ahn! How come the agency sent you to me? And she explains that she need the month off to attend to her sickness...ehn! Sickness ke....turns out she was receiving hormonal treatment in order to conceive. Not a problem but I thought the agncy would have found out about this during the screening right?

Geun geun! i called the agency and told them what happened and they apologised and said they had no clue she was going to back out like that.

Replacement nanny was meant to resume the next week, Monday morning-she no show. Same cycle of calling the nanny and she claimed she needed to rest so she would resume the next day. I took the nanny for medical screening that same day she resumed and tests confirmed she was pregnant!
Ok, not a problem-afterall she was married with 5 kids and willing to work, but the agency should have told me right? Same day she starts complaining about the agency and how they take almost half of the money paid by the employers, leaving the nanny with peanuts. She also mentioned that the agency did not conduct any tests on her and just sent her to me....hmmm red flag 3 abi is it 4?

After one month, she suddenly has to go and visit her sick mother on a monday morning and doesn't know when she would be back and said i should call the agency. I did call and was told i would get another replacement. This time the replacement took almost 4 weeks to arrive and this was after several calls and as madam hardly picks her phone, you can only imagine my frustration.

Final straw, they sent a much older woman who claimed to be 48, I had interviewed her and she seemed ok and then i ran my medical check after she resumed as she din't come with her test results as the agency had promised. Lo and behold, the 15k collecting agency sent me someone who had HIV to be my baby's nanny. Worst part is the madam didn't show any remorse for sending a nanny to a client without running tests. The madam claimed "the woman was elderly, so she couldn't have known she had HIV and that it could happen to anyone" shocked

As I type this caveat, the agency has not gotten back to me on an amicable settlement on the matter. I think from all the story, the agency is one to be avoided as the professional skills for dealing with such a sensitive service seem to be non existent. I have fashied my 15k registration, but i thought to let people know one of the agencies out there that i wouldn't recommend, from my experience. They will just collect your money and never provide the service paid for with the care and dilligence expected.

kindly, measure the name of the so called agency, so that fathers and mothers that lives in Okota, Lagos, to be precise, can get know!
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2014
Wow...

I hope discriminating a Nanny because she has HIV is not a crime? embarassed embarassed
Pls I need an answer, thanks.
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
jpphilips:

Turning down a nanny because of HIV is clueless, are you by any chance related to Goodluck?
You can as well bag a jail term for discriminating against PLWHA.

You are actually going to court to report yourself, by the way, how much will pay the lawyer representing you? 10k?
Women brain sef

You obviously didn't understand the message in her post , you just chose to pick the HIV part to castigate her. She didn't even dwell much on the HIV part, but the terrible services rendered. Being a nanny agency, one would have expected them to have done the necessary background check and medical tests for these nannies before giving them out to unsuspecting families. She is not discriminating against People living with HIV, she just wants to enlighten people about these nanny agencies with zero integrity and professionalism , although I must admit she hasn't done well by keeping the name of the agency private. It makes the whole warning pointless.

Edited- seen the name of the agency, good one.

12 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Medunah: 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
jpphilips:

Turning down a nanny because of HIV is clueless, are you by any chance related to Goodluck?

You are actually going to court to report yourself, by the way, how much will pay the lawyer representing you? 10k?
Women brain sef
Jesus!! Are u sane?? So u expect her to allow an HIV patient take care of her kids?? And what makes u think she doesnt have the money to pay a lawyer? Pple like you are wat make this country stagnant. So she is expected to keep mute nd allow others fall victim?? Clueless indeed

6 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by victorazy(m): 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
MarvellousGod:
undecided undecided undecided shocked shocked shocked

Oga, it's her home hence her right to choice. .. if you wish to bring in an HIV patient or even ebola patient into your home, then do so, nobody will question you....

Ur right!
Besides the agent suppose present data to her client to make choice weda to accept hiv nany or not. This is unproffessional.

2 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by victorazy(m): 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
tchidi:
Wow...

I hope discriminating a Nanny because she has HIV is not a crime? embarassed embarassed
Pls I need an answer, thanks.

Is that ur car?
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
Sayoh:
This post is not to launch a smear campaign on the agency, but just to contribute my quota in warning other mothers out there.

So I was introduced to the agency by a family member, with the hope that the agency would have properly trained nannies and proper vetting would be done on the nannies. I chose to go with an agency that claims to train and properly vet their nannies even to the extent of ensuring the nannies provide guarantors, since all those small girls from upcountry have plenty wahala; and a motherly nanny who has had children is always a best fit anyday.

We kuku registered with the agency (N15,000) and were told it would take 2weeks to get prospects that i would interview.

The first red flag should have been the number of times i had to call the "madam" of the agency before she finally picked. I filled the form at the agency and indicated that i wanted a nanny that has kids, would be a live out nanny and is between 30 and 40yrs old. The next flag was also the delay in getting prospects (after i had paid the registration fee o), it took more than 4 weeks and several frustrating calls before I was told to come to their office at Okota to meet with the prospects.

Okay nau, I got there and had to wait another hour before the madam showed up, claiming there was traffic and that they don't normally open on saturday...blah blah. Long story short, no nanny was present, i only looked through their profiles and was asked to pick one. They said their staff would bring the nanny to my house before she officially resumes work- didn't happen. She eventually gave the nanny my number and asked her to call me, after another week had almost elapsed and several more calls.

Resumption day, the nanny didn't show, and when i called the agency and was given the nanny's number, to direct her to my house (hmmmmn)! I called and the nanny and she says "my husband say make i no work this month", and i'm like ahn ahn! How come the agency sent you to me? And she explains that she need the month off to attend to her sickness...ehn! Sickness ke....turns out she was receiving hormonal treatment in order to conceive. Not a problem but I thought the agncy would have found out about this during the screening right?

Geun geun! i called the agency and told them what happened and they apologised and said they had no clue she was going to back out like that.

Replacement nanny was meant to resume the next week, Monday morning-she no show. Same cycle of calling the nanny and she claimed she needed to rest so she would resume the next day. I took the nanny for medical screening that same day she resumed and tests confirmed she was pregnant!
Ok, not a problem-afterall she was married with 5 kids and willing to work, but the agency should have told me right? Same day she starts complaining about the agency and how they take almost half of the money paid by the employers, leaving the nanny with peanuts. She also mentioned that the agency did not conduct any tests on her and just sent her to me....hmmm red flag 3 abi is it 4?

After one month, she suddenly has to go and visit her sick mother on a monday morning and doesn't know when she would be back and said i should call the agency. I did call and was told i would get another replacement. This time the replacement took almost 4 weeks to arrive and this was after several calls and as madam hardly picks her phone, you can only imagine my frustration.

Final straw, they sent a much older woman who claimed to be 48, I had interviewed her and she seemed ok and then i ran my medical check after she resumed as she din't come with her test results as the agency had promised. Lo and behold, the 15k collecting agency sent me someone who had HIV to be my baby's nanny. Worst part is the madam didn't show any remorse for sending a nanny to a client without running tests. The madam claimed "the woman was elderly, so she couldn't have known she had HIV and that it could happen to anyone" shocked

As I type this caveat, the agency has not gotten back to me on an amicable settlement on the matter. I think from all the story, the agency is one to be avoided as the professional skills for dealing with such a sensitive service seem to be non existent. I have fashied my 15k registration, but i thought to let people know one of the agencies out there that i wouldn't recommend, from my experience. They will just collect your money and never provide the service paid for with the care and dilligence expected.

Ur story is so f**king hilarious grin grin grin...
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by D33VA(f): 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
jpphilips:

Women brain sef

Please by all means when u are able expose ur children to HIV positive nannies innugo?

The problem with Nigerians is that we constantly sacrifice our rights in other to seem 'big'. The OP has the right to refuse whoever she wants. It is up to her who she exposes her children to. How wld she even b sure that the woman is takin her drugs?

4 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by delishpot: 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hiaaannnn!
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by lillyjane(f): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2014
Please vite my lil girl here to win the Cussons baby of the year here https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details.php?ref=215
Xenia chiamaka Nwobu
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by yomalex(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Sayoh:
Yeah, a real eye opener o.
Spoke with the agency about refunding my money jeje or we go to court and she said I should go ahead. So I bet that is the next step since she has no grasp on the gravity of her negligence.
. And what is the name of the agency?
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by free2ryhme: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2014
Sayoh:

the fact your not exposing the so called agency is tantamount to you approving their antics and contributing to the scam

expos them for us to know them
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by jahlove4jah: 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
Sayoh:
Seriously thanking God i didn't do ijebu and just ran the tests regardless...i have turned green, blue, black, red! Still figuring how I can get the agency to not hurt others, hence this post.
you have a large heart
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Kirinwa: 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2014
badex11:
Please Kindly assist to cast your vote for my daughter by liking her picture in the ongoing cussons baby moments competition.

https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details.php?ref=276

THAT’S HER!!!
Please kindly vote for my daughter
All you need to do is like her picture
Please confirm the name before voting
Her name is DEBORAH ANJOLAOLUWA OGUNTIMEHIN

Please Forward this message on her behalf.
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU.

Sure ma'am your baby looks healthy but being honest she doesn't look like a model baby.

9 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by jahlove4jah: 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
jpphilips:

Women brain sef
she has the right to know the status of the one she intends to commit her minor to. Hiv is real and no one will close his/her eyes and allow a minor to be cared for by PLWHA. I am not encouraging discrimination against it but you and I know you will not push tru if you find out that your paartner you intends to marry is HIV positive.

1 Like

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by ceejay80s(m): 1:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
Which kind of HIV she get?na dat type wey dey form to aids? Sue the agency ,if u hadn't gone for the test, she for transfer am to u pikin .sue dem for attempted murder
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by akinwa1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
Noted. St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota abi?

1 Like

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by bettercreature(m): 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
jpphilips:

Women brain sef
Mumunatu Merry xmas

3 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by gospi: 1:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
THE tRUTH IS "MOSt" AgENCiEs WHO pROVIDE great SERViCes CHArGE WELl. BuT PARENTs are LookIN fOR VERY CHEaP ONEs. FOr SOmOnE TO AGREE tO TaKE AS LOW AS TEN tto FIfteeN K,MOst times they ar not worth it• I CaN RECOMENd TO ONE DAT HAS Been WoRKING wIT My aunt For years if U Ar Interested.juST Pm me
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by TCD: 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
Those asking for the name of the agency, can't you read? The name is written there on the title

3 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by major466(m): 2:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
That place need to be shut down immediately. They're health risk to society. angry

1 Like

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by uzolexis(f): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
jpphilips:

Women brain sef

Turning down the nanny cause of HIV is not wrong cause she was not told the lady had HIV initially. She should have been told, if she did that after she was aware then it's wrong but u don't just spring such things on pple like a surprise.
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by uboma(m): 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
Sayoh:
Yeah, a real eye opener o.
Spoke with the agency about refunding my money jeje or we go to court and she said I should go ahead. So I bet that is the next step since she has no grasp on the gravity of her negligence.

Why not mention the agency's name and give out their address so others who may be considering getting a nanny will avoid them
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by uboma(m): 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
tranxo:
What's the use of this post if you can't tell us the name and address of the agency?

Exactly...
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by uboma(m): 3:07pm On Dec 25, 2014
Kirinwa:

Sure ma'am your baby looks healthy but being honest she doesn't look like a model baby.

You sabi talk walahi.... lol

2 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2014
HeheheHehehe angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nanny agency huh? cheesy grin

Trust Nigerians to try to copy oyibo in certain things and make a total mess of it.

Biko stick to Emem and Ekaite nannies, they have been very useful in raising a vast majority of naija babies and servicing ogas when madam isn't present grin grin

Nanny agency my azz grin

4 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
Kirinwa:

My exact thoughts grin grin

2 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by hayoakins(m): 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
jpphilips:

Women brain sef

Your comment shows how clueless and the distance between your brains and typing fingers.

Learn to attack the topic and not the personality

3 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by hayoakins(m): 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
tranxo:
What's the use of this post if you can't tell us the name and address of the agency?

Did you read the title?

4 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by suyamasta(m): 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
what is the name of the agency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Untangling His Wife's Locks, Sings Daddy Showkey's Song For Her (Video) / My Mother-In-Law And My Wife Undermine Me / What's The Most Important Thing A Father Can Do For His Children ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.