Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

#bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota (20000 Views)

Paid Live-in Nannies Vs Professional Daycare, Which Is Better For Babies? / Nanny Caught On Camera Slapping A 5-month-old Girl / Post A Pictures Of Shady Maids, Nanny And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by jpphilips(m): 11:20am On Dec 27, 2014
CityNG:
The following readings are not for close minded dweebs but for progressive Nigerians who may be curious.

http://www.monitor.co.ug/Magazines/Full-Woman/Should-you-hire-or-retain--a-maid-who-tests-HIV-positive-/-/689842/2010892/-/mo7d6t/-/index.html

"I have employed two maids with HIV
Winfred Luutu, a counsellor with Mildmay Uganda, married with three children, the eldest now at the university."

http://www.marvellousmaids.co.za/articles/8-hiv-aids

"Remember too, that we are unaware of the status of most of the people with whom we interact. Chefs and waiters in restaurants, hairdressers, teachers, sport coaches, team players and opponents, our health care professionals, the list is endless …."

[email]http://www.hivlawandpolicy.org/issues/employment[/email]

"Employment discrimination against people living with HIV may take the form of bias in hiring, refusal to grant workplace modifications to accommodate medical conditions, or unjustified termination. Moreover, practice and licensing restrictions imposed on HIV-positive individuals, such as health care professionals, fuels stigma that keeps many people with HIV closeted about their status. Titles I and II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 exist to protect people with disabilities, including people living with HIV, from this kind of discrimination in the workplace, but the law is only as strong as its judicial interpretation. \"

If I go missing, it's because the wastage BanBot has banned me for posting a link. Again.

I don't think this is the Nigerian one however, I am disappointed you gave her this info for free, she would have paid a sound lawyer to get it.

Nigerians are too ignorant to be discussing with.
nobody reads or listens to anything meaningful except African magic and Davido.

She actually believed her child will get Hiv because the nanny has it, if this is not buffoonery whatelse can you call it?

Should I say more? people who bathe themselves to death for Ebola you think they will grow sense overnight?
classical dumb people!!
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by uzolexis(f): 11:46am On Dec 27, 2014
jpphilips:

you just said it is a personal opinion and you "think" it is backed by law, are you too lazy to check what the law says??
Most Nigerians even the educated are so ignorant that I just stutter when I read comments here.
with women flocking here, I sure know what to expect.

An agecy that collected 15k registration fee, the OP wants to take to court? because she is so ignorant of legal fees!

She is asking for a refund because the help has HIV, lol, she must not have heard of Abike Dabiri before, ignorance, ignorance, ignorance.

you still wonder why out of the over 280 heads of govt only 22 are women.

I was not talking about the law. I was stating my opinion on what I feel is right. With the reckless and irresponsible attitude of d agency, it's possible the lady was not even aware she was HIV positive. Law or no law we all have an idea of what is right or wrong. I think taking care of kids is a delicate issue and pple should be allowed 2 know a lot about someone they would hand their kids over to. I'm not saying a HIV + person can't takia of a child, i'm just saying she should av been aware.
it's a pity men like u think women r block heads yet u have a mother, sister and relatives.
Compliments of d season

6 Likes

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Sayoh: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
Belexy:

You should name the agency and where its located if u really want to help people. With this thread u av only told a 'story' and alot of people can still fall into the trap of this so-called nanny agency bcoz dey dnt even knw which one it is.

Oh I mentioned the name in the title, the agency is located at Okota, along Ikotun road. It's a red plaza just after Okota round about. The name again is "ST. CATHERINE'S NANNY AND MAID SERVICES"
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Sayoh: 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
jpphilips:

I don't think this is the Nigerian one however, I am disappointed you gave her this info for free, she would have paid a sound lawyer to get it.

She actually believed her child will get Hiv because the nanny has it, if this is not buffoonery whatelse can you call it?

Should I say more? people who bathe themselves to death for Ebola you think they will grow sense overnight?
classical dumb people!!
apprecia
I
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Sayoh: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
jpphilips:

classical dumb people!!

While I appreciate your valid point and the advocacy for rights of people living with HIV, I don't appreciate your tone. For such a sensitive role, there should be full disclosure and that's where the agency was negligent.
Ordinarily, the HIV should not pose any risk to the baby but who's to say the woman could not be diabolical?

Anyways my aim is to warn fellow mothers about bad nanny services and that they take all precautions necessary when hiring.

1 Like

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by Eggyloo: 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
My dear. It's a herculean task trying to get a good & healthy nanny. Once the agency fee is paid before medical result is out, then be ready for shoddy treatment from the owner. I got a nanny and her big aunty insisted I pay 12k for transport fare for the mere fact I wanted to collect her (even though the girl was already in Ikorodu and I paid transport fare to bring her to my house in Lagos).

Anyways, I didn't conduct medical test immediately and she spent two weeks before I got talking with my colleagues and they suggested that I must run medicals on domestic staff immediately I get one. And so, I ran medicals and lo and behold, this lady had Hepatitis B! I had to relieve her of her job.

Her big aunty feigned ignorance on the medical condition of her "niece". Of course, any money paid is non-refundable.

A general caution, never pay agency fee until you have received the medical result. After that, watch and pray for wisdom.

1 Like

Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by jpphilips(m): 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
Sayoh:

While I appreciate your valid point and the advocacy for rights of people living with HIV, I don't appreciate your tone. For such a sensitive role, there should be full disclosure and that's where the agency was negligent.
Ordinarily, the HIV should not pose any risk to the baby but who's to say the woman could not be diabolical?

Anyways my aim is to warn fellow mothers about bad nanny services and that they take all precautions necessary when hiring.

gud enough you will tell the judge that the defendant is diabolical.
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by jpphilips(m): 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
uzolexis:

I was not talking about the law. I was stating my opinion on what I feel is right. With the reckless and irresponsible attitude of d agency, it's possible the lady was not even aware she was HIV positive. Law or no law we all have an idea of what is right or wrong. I think taking care of kids is a delicate issue and pple should be allowed 2 know a lot about someone they would hand their kids over to. I'm not saying a HIV + person can't takia of a child, i'm just saying she should av been aware.
it's a pity men like u think women r block heads yet u have a mother, sister and relatives.
Compliments of d season

Read what most of you wrote and tell me why a sane person should take you and your cohorts seriously?
Re: #bad Nannies# My Experience With St. Catherine's Nanny And Maid Services, Okota by austine4real(m): 12:33am On Jan 26, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

Okay

Pls can u xplain the image on ur profile?
I am curious kus I can't figure out where the corn is--i see a mouth but no head.
it means som gals whn r claimin virgins dia toto cn receiv 2combs of big maize

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Untangling His Wife's Locks, Sings Daddy Showkey's Song For Her (Video) / My Mother-In-Law And My Wife Undermine Me / What's The Most Important Thing A Father Can Do For His Children ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.