Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,468 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Muslims: Are We Bad? - Islam for Muslims (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Are We Bad? (25446 Views)

Poll: Are muslims bad?

Yes: 42% (20 votes)
No, maybe not: 57% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Just Came In ' What The Muslims Are Planning' / Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 15, 2006
pearl2 where have you been?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 15, 2006
olabowale:

@Donmayor; It is not too late for you to leave for Kano. If its your wish to be a christian martyr. This will allow you the quick connection to jesus as you want it. then, when you see the reality with your own body and soul and experience the punishment of the grave, then it will be too late for you.

Hmm such good advice from a lover of "peace".
I hope all the Northern Christians in Nigeria are armed to the teeth by now so that when these hooligans return with machete they can blow them away in those flowing arabian gowns they wear from a great distance.

Mo may have done abracadabra by now and greatly multiplied the few available wide-eyed virgins,hopefully he'll leave some for them.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2006
The pope was only quoting what a wise emperor said ages ago.
The quotation did hit the nail on the head though.
They are now running around in flowing maxis demanding apology.
I hope they don't start swinging the machete in zamfara and Katsina.
Here is the quotation.

The emperor's words were, he said: "Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by olabowale(m): 1:20am On Sep 16, 2006
Muhammad brought brother love to the world. Every year people gather in hajj and few times in a year in Umrah and at least five times a day, the poor and the wealthy, young and old are shoulder to shoulder, praying and supplicating to the One true god.

If Muhammad have been available even now, God willing, in the future when Islam enter the hearts of the people of the Eastern part of my beloved Nigeria, the caste system within that culture (The Osu caste system) will once and for all disappear.

I guess, the many centuaries that christianity have remained with them, it has not really eradicate this evil of caste system, where it is impossible for the higher class person to marry below him or her.

Unfortunately, some muslims will be bent out of shape by this weak statement, who the cloud of nazism hoovers on his head. If the pope was not an evil person, he should have provided the response of the persian Islamic scholar who was engaged in dialogue with the ancient emperor. No wonder the Empire of the emperor crumbled and there is no remnant of it any longer.

for me, the list of what muhammad brought is very extensive. In short, he brought a movement which its main objective is the factual Unity of God. God, becomes indivisible after the false statement of multiplicity of gods.

I guess that those who arouse the emotion of people to destroy each other in Nigeria, are really the evil doers. Some advocating the Christians to arm themselves to the teeth and blow their country folks up, even from a far distance. Describing these peop[le as arab flowing gown wearers. The flowing gown covers the body and this is far better than the stark unclothedness that is disguised in skimpy dresses and body hugging tight attires.

Wonders will never seize to happen. You wanna know what Muhammad (AS) brought, read about the Moors of Spain. How they cultured and civilized the whole of europe. Math, Chemistry and other fields of academics, including Medicine will never have flourished if islam did not infused the much need blood of its matriculated people.

The check in banking is muslim's invention. it shows how much the people trusted one another. Muhammad ordered people to seek knowledge, even if it is China. That was a profound statement. considering that this was made in the desert of arabia!

What did Muhammad bring; cleanliness. soffistications. Before Islam and the influence of muslims in Europe, the Europeans were people who were uncouth, were in their dormant stage. Muhammad's followers taught these people to have proper hygeine, eating three course meals, using handkerchief was introduced. Highway system was introduced in bagdad and the Europeans copied it.

The pope and his emperor and those who believed along with them are naive. imagine then, the catholic shafting my Nigerian Cardinal. Who is more qualified that this hard blooded man from Germany.

Muhammad was spoken very highly of by those people who know quality when they see it. Muhammad was a man among men, aleader among leaders of the world. muhammad, a father, a husband, a friend, a cousin, a nephew, a grandson, a son, a brother to his brother in faith and in mankind.

a man who was abused by a Jewess and went looking for her when she did not do what she used to do. When Muhammad found out she was sick, he went to see her and by this act of Mercy, the woman became muslim. muhammad who saw the procession of the funeral of a jew passing by, he rose , standing up and remained so, until the procession disappeared. when his companions asked him why he did this even for the jew, he responded that shouldn't he feel for the soul that departed. Afterall, he was apotential Muslim, while he was alive, except that Islam never entered him before his death.

I guess the Pope never visited Brooklyn Museum on easter Parkway, in Brooklyn, NY. He would have seen on the facade of the building where Muhammad was written as Number one among the worlds 100. Yes jesus and moses (AS) were among the men listed, whereby Muhammad (AS) is number One. Muhammad, a leader, a stateman, a man who encompassed all the facets of the essence of human life, the spiritual as well as the day to day needs.

Muhammad(AS) said that the word of God came to him. From that point on, a movement was born which gave same rights to men and women, in the responsibility of worship and how to run their individual lifes. Women can own properties and were no more part of men's holdings. Before then it was unheard of among world religions. The west have just warm up to equalities among the sexes, yet there are inequalities based on skin color.

Most of the people have confused religion with behaviour of men, which is based mostly on culture. if the muslims are practising Islam the way it should be practiced, then it would have very apparant that the Pope and his cohorts are very wrong, here would not have been any reason for anyone to defend islam.

I will not even touch on the concept of allowing somebody to hit you on the other cheek, because i have not seen anyone who will allow it to happen. No one is that foolish. Afterall, it is now an ErA of preemptive strike. These are all christian societies, at least thats what the christians will claim.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 1:29am On Sep 16, 2006
olabowale:

Muhammad brought brother love to the world. Every year people gather in hajj and few times in a year in Umrah and at least five times a day, the poor and the wealthy, young and old are shoulder to shoulder, praying and supplicating to the One true god.

And just a few years ago as they prayed shoulder to shoulder at hajj some shittes in the spirit of true Islamic brotherhood raised some machetes and slaughtered a few sunnis as "allah was being glorified".

Give me a break
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 16, 2006
Check out what this true Muslim did right after Hajj.

A Kuwaiti man has reportedly confessed to killing his 14-year-old daughter because he believed she was having sex.
Adnan Enezi - an employee in the Islamic Affairs ministry - had just returned from the pilgrimage to Mecca.

He allegedly bound and blindfolded his daughter, Haifa, knelt her down in front of her two brothers and sister and then cut her throat.

Forensic tests showed Haifa was still a virgin, police sources said. Mr Enezi is being questioned about the case.

Thousands of women are killed by relatives each year in the Middle East and Asia in so-called honour crimes - usually over suspected adultery, pre-marital sex or after having being raped, or marrying without family consent, 

The daily said that after cutting Haifa's throat the first time, he swapped the knife for one with a sharper blade as she bled and screamed in front of her siblings.

Posted by Robert at January 27, 2005 08:11 AM | Print this entry
Comments
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 16, 2006
You know at hajj they offer animal sacrifice.
This idiot must have swapped his brain for the sheep's.
If a man can kill his own child in such a gruesome manner,what do you think he may do to you?Preach the 'peaceful' words of MO?

Only Christ can change the heart of a man.
Do abluttion 10 times a day,your genitals may be clean but your heart will remain filthy.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by rotbog(m): 2:32am On Sep 16, 2006
Sons Of Ishmael.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by olabowale(m): 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2006
@Babyosisi; Its great that you can call me an idiot. If I were from your family, then somebody who is younger than you will get up and smack you in the face. I am sure the group you belong to have more sense than that.

Yes they offer animals in slaughter during hajj. You do not know anything about islam. The animal being offered is in the same tradition of the sacrifice that Ibrahiim (AS) engaged in with his son Ismail (AS), who was ransomed by Allah the Almighty. It shows your lack of your own self awareness. I wonder when you deviate from the religion of father Ibrahiim (AS), what else do I expect from you. All your actions are tantanimous to hatred of hausas, when you actually said you are not. Of course, i have not lost family members in any Nigerian riot. I also do not need to live in the north, regardless of my religion. The land of Allah is wide and spacious.

The things that i and my associates are engaged in in Igboland, you an Igbo woman will never be able to do it, even within Igbo society. This is not to say that i am bragging. I do not need to brag, especially to a person whose brain is neither existing or yet developed. You lack common sense. Yes, common sense has nothing to do with academics. afterall, it is you who as a Doctor does not know the stages of feutal developments afet fertalization of the egg.

Again, I pity the man who will find himself in your clutch. It will be as if he has began his day of judgement with this kind of evilness in you. Shame on you. The evil in your heart will never profit you. Of course, there is time for you to repent. God is alway ready to receive the repentance of His creation. maybe, from all indication, you may not be arrogant afterall. God is able to do all things.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by mukina2: 1:00pm On Sep 16, 2006
if you a christian stay one but pls stop this malicious comments angry
we are proud of our religions and all our festivities,
keep urs and we will keep ours angry
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by dearzi(f): 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2006
Hey, No need to insult muslims. Ok! muslims, help us out here! i just saw muslims burning churches and dolls representing the pope! simply because the man made a simple statement! and i don't think he was wrong! if he was, y'all are not disproving his statement.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi; Its great that you can call me an idiot. If I were from your family, then somebody who is younger than you will get up and smack you in the face. I am sure the group you belong to have more sense than that.

Yes they offer animals in slaughter during hajj. You do not know anything about islam. The animal being offered is in the same tradition of the sacrifice that Ibrahiim (AS) engaged in with his son Ismail (AS), who was ransomed by Allah the Almighty. It shows your lack of your own self awareness. I wonder when you deviate from the religion of father Ibrahiim (AS), what else do I expect from you. All your actions are tantanimous to hatred of hausas, when you actually said you are not. Of course, i have not lost family members in any Nigerian riot. I also do not need to live in the north, regardless of my religion. The land of Allah is wide and spacious.

The things that i and my associates are engaged in in Igboland, you an Igbo woman will never be able to do it, even within Igbo society. This is not to say that i am bragging. I do not need to brag, especially to a person whose brain is neither existing or yet developed. You lack common sense. Yes, common sense has nothing to do with academics. afterall, it is you who as a Doctor does not know the stages of feutal developments afet fertalization of the egg.

Again, I pity the man who will find himself in your clutch. It will be as if he has began his day of judgement with this kind of evilness in you. Shame on you. The evil in your heart will never profit you. Of course, there is time for you to repent. God is alway ready to receive the repentance of His creation. maybe, from all indication, you may not be arrogant afterall. God is able to do all things.

Olabowole pleaseeeeeeee.
I did not call you an idiot.
The Muslim man in Kuwait who returned from Hajj and slit his daughters throat in front of his other kids is the one I was referring to.
Are you unable to comprehend what you read?

All the comments you made above from your venomous spirit go right back to you where they belong for they are your words.
You have to merit respect to be respected.
I sure hope you still got it all together.

And please where did we discus fetal development?
are you now seeing visions and apparitions of me? lol
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2006
dearzi:

Hey, No need to insult muslims. Ok! muslims, help us out here! i just saw muslims burning churches and dolls representing the pope! simply because the man made a simple statement! and i don't think he was wrong! if he was, y'all are not disproving his statement.

The good Muslim answer to this would go this way

It is the bad Muslims that do such things.Islam is peace,peace, peace not burn,chop,blow up.
Yeah right!!!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Brownsuga(f): 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2006
olabowale:

Thank you.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 16, 2006
Brownsuga please don't make a fool of yourself by selective reading.
I never called the guy an idiot.
Read earlier posts,infact all the posts on this page 16 and see his mistake which is now become your ignorance.

Did your dog bite your favorite shoe?
Is Amsterdam getting too cold?
Do you need a green card?
why are you taking out life's frustration on babyosisi lol
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Brownsuga(f): 10:22pm On Sep 16, 2006
babyosisi, am not ignorant, I have read all that was said. You are right about the idiot part.
But you sure act like one when you make all those stupid generalisations. , Islam has not led me astray, on the contrary.

You said yourself somewhere that ignorance deserves no response. I agree with you fully on this part,
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2006
Brownsuga:

babyosisi, am not ignorant, I have read all that was said. You are right about the idiot part.
But you sure act like one when you make all those stupid generalisations. , Islam has not led me astray, on the contrary.

You said yourself somewhere that ignorance deserves no response. I agree with you fully on this part,

Just plead with your Muslim buddies and resolve that no heads roll especially in Naija over the popes statement.
That is all we ask for and if you are Muslim please stay peaceful,even when people call Muhammad nasty names,freedom of speech should also be practiced in the Islamic world.
Times have changed and Islam must be willing to catch up.
You live in Amsterdam correct,a free country where people have free will to worship as they please as long as they don't interfere unduely with others.

As a Christian,It is my prayer that Muslims in Muslim countries can accord Christians the same freedom they enjoy around the world that keeps them emigrating enmasse to these places.
I am tired of sitting on one buttock in an airplane,enough is enough.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Brownsuga(f): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2006
babyosisi:

Just plead with your Muslim buddies and resolve that no heads roll especially in Naija over the popes statement.
That is all we ask for.

I promised myself that i wouldnt come back here as that is, in my opinion, a waste of time. But i just have to say, or rather repeat, what i wrote way back in the start of this discussion.

You can not hold me responsible for the actions of other Muslims simply because i am one.
I have made it clear in that thread that there are many denominations within Islam-above 80 and still counting. Each one has an own understanding of the Holy Kuran.

How can you be so shallow and write "Just plead with your Muslim buddies, ".
How can you honestly suggest that? I to go and plead? and to my fellow Muslim buddies? who? which ones? why?

I truly hope that the point i am trying to make, if nothing else, will come across to you.

As for the pope's recent outbursts, like i wrote , i just wonder what all the inter-faith initiatives in the world will accomplish where influential leaders have proven to be so clumsy. I am against all kinds of violence, but believe in freedom of speech. Yes, i predict upheavel too, but you can not and must not blame me or other innocent Muslims for that just because we are Muslims. You simply can not generalise.

I can also say Christianity is a violent religion and back my argument with the Catholic-Protestants conflict in Ireland as an example. But unlike you i dont see things only black and white, no, life would be so dull then.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 16, 2006
let's all pray that neither us nor our loved one would be in the next targeted plane or buildings.
I'll leave you with this hadith being that you are a Muslim woman.
Doesn't this make you mad.

Al Hadis, Vol. 2, p. 692, Ibn Ma`sud reported from the Messenger of Allah who said, "A woman is like a private part (sex organ). When she goes out (walking) the devil casts a glance at her
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by pearl2(m): 12:11am On Sep 17, 2006
@babyosisi.
Am sorry I took a French leave.
Had to prepare for my exams.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by dayokanu(m): 8:30am On Sep 18, 2006
At least seven churches have now been attacked since the speech in areas under the Palestinian Authority.

There was concern that the killing of an Italian missionary nun by gunmen in Mogadishu, Somalia, was in retaliation for the comments

The popes comment is just the perfect excuse needed to kill more infidels as infidels killed during Ramadan are three pointers that is have more weight than those killed in normal times in Al Janna and Ramadan starts Saturday
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by dayokanu(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2006
I hope some moslems on this forum can give me an assurance that there wont be more blood shedding from fellow moslem brethren after the apology. if there is none then we can conclude,
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by dayokanu(m): 10:30am On Sep 18, 2006
2 churches have been set a blaze today, due to the popes words. If christian radicals acted in the same manner, every time the moslem leaders refered to christians as infidels, the're would'nt be to many mosques left. The moslem radicals seem to have double standards, on one hand they protest about western behaviour towards islam , but they continuously insult christians and jews in their press and in their schools, breading another genration of hate and ignorance
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2006

That was no simple statement. People you all need to respect other people's religion. How did he think he will make such a comment (an authoritative figure like him), and Muslims will sit down and smile.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by KDK(m): 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2006
You are not bad at all, you are only violent, blood thirsty and full of inferiority complex which is normal afterall, Ishmael will forever serve Isaac. grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 1:48pm On Sep 20, 2006
KDK:

You are not bad at all, you are only violent, blood thirsty and full of inferiority complex which is normal afterall, Ishmael will forever serve Isaac. grin

who are you talking to . *looks around the room*
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Aggressa(m): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2006
Guys, guys, guys ok hol'up!!
You see muslims are not bad, only CONFUSED and thus carry out dastardly acts in the name of the deity they serve aka allah by following the teachings of a peadophile!!. That is why the quran is a book of plagiarised bible portions and stories in order to get some credibility; mixed with falsehoods in order to discredit the sonship and divinity of Jesus Christ; and thus keep the muslimis and muslimas perpetually confused from knowing the truth; thus forever be slaves of the deity that leaves inside a stone covered by black cloth in macca who must be worshipped and prayed to by facing the east or sun!!Pheeeww that's one long definition. Can any reasoble, decent, right thinking person not be ashamed at the level of disabasment of the female gender by this quranic hadith?

babyosisi:

I'll leave you with this hadith being that you are a Muslim woman. Doesn't this make you mad.
Al Hadis, Vol. 2, p. 692, Ibn Ma`sud reported from the Messenger of Allah who said, "A woman is like a private part (sex organ). When she goes out (walking) the devil casts a glance at her

Do not regard muslims as bad people, otherwise you will not want to associate with them and share your knowledge of Gods kingdom through Jesus Christ with them. You are saved so as to bring others into the light and not to judge, please.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by belloti(m): 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2006
You know some one in Turkey suggested that The Pope should be arrested as soon as his plane landed in Istanbul. Thats funny grin cheesy
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by KDK(m): 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2006
I am sorry if my comment sounded judgemental. Forgive me please sad
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2006
I am sorry if my comment sounded judgemental. Forgive me please

still don't know if your talking to me.
But point of correction for you, I'm not Muslim smiley
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by KDK(m): 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ Nilla,
Was talking to the muslims in my 1st post. was responding to Havila's call for caution amongst us christians by my 2nd post and now, I am talking to you. Get it? grin

P.S,
What is a fine chick like you doing on nairaland? wink
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2006
ok point taken, did not know if you were talking to me.

Is Nairaland something bad?
Who tell you say i be fine chick?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Dress Code Of Muslim Women and Men / Is The Mark On Some People's Forehead A Sign Of Iman? / Ages Of Animals That Can Be Used For Eid Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.