Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship (268137 Views)

A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Onemansquad(m): 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
Queening:
*hugs him* sorry 4 d death of frank may his not so gentle soul rest in peace but personally i wanted frank to peme *runs out of thread with my head intact*
WTF!!! undecided
is dat why u hugged me
u have d right to object me is dat nt undecided
you can run oo bt

#you wil hear frm ma lawyer soon
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Queening(f): 3:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
Onemansquad:

WTF!!! undecided
is dat why u hugged me
u have d right to object me is dat nt undecided
you can run oo bt

#you wil hear frm ma lawyer soon
i don't understand what did i do?
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Queening(f): 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
prettydiva89:

lol..not so gentle
grin

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Onemansquad(m): 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
Queening:
i don't understand what did i do?
ur opinion is contrary 2 mine
maybe u ar d 1 dat connived wit oyinprince 2 kill frank am suspecting u
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
Onemansquad:

abi nah .. if not why the delay in update

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Queening(f): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
Onemansquad:

oyinprince does not even know me
prettydiva89:

abi nah .. if not why the delay in update
so you are on his side
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Onemansquad(m): 8:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
Queening:
oyinprince does not even know me so you are on his side
of cos yes tongue
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Queening(f): 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
Onemansquad:

of cos yes tongue
of cos not
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Maryofficial(f): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
kingphilip:
unplugs the wire activating ha to ghostmode

Oya b a good lady n stay humanly for me

Yes boss
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Maryofficial(f): 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
Fembleez1:

Na wa o!

Na fight? undecided

No.... jus joking
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Fembleez1(m): 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
Maryofficial:

No.... jus joking

Ok dear wink
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
Queening:
no oo
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Fembleez1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
Oyinprince, I won't want you to write my Biography!. angry
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
+++++++++++++++++++

Bode couldn't stop tears from rolling down his face profusely, he cried like a baby. He was unable to bring himself to believe that Frank was gone forever.

He had hurriedly followed the police to the salon after they had arrested Kelvin the day before. He was impatient as they drove in the police car to the scene. He didn't still believe the news until he got to the salon and saw his friend laying lifelessly on the floor in blood.

He couldn't take it, he screamed like a terrified child, he wanted to rush to the body but was held by the policemen around. They couldn't console him and had to lead him away from the scene as he couldn't keep calm watching them scrutinize the body of his dear friend.

He wondered why someone had just decided to put Frank's family in grief. He couldn't imagine how Frank's parent will take the news when it is broken to them. They will probably give up the ghosts too because he was their only son and their only source of survival. He stood up and paced the living room solemnly.

"Was Kelvin Frank's murderer? Could he have killed Frank during the fight?", several thoughts raced through his mind. He knew Frank was stubborn and wouldn't have listened to Kelvin. Maybe it was during the fight that Kelvin had mistakenly struck him dead.

Bode was still lost in thoughts when a knock sounded at the door. He walked slowly to the door and peeped through the hole. There was a uniformed police officer and a Lady in casual clothes with him. He opened the door and allowed them in.

"Good afternoon Mr Bode" the Lady greeted as she walked in with her colleague.

"Good afternoon"

"I'm inspector Helen, inspector in charge of the murder case of Mr Frank"

"Okay, you're welcome"he said and ushered them to the seats.

"First, I must really say I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. We are working on the case and we promise you that soon, the murderer would be brought to justice"

"Thank you" he said almost silently, tears forming in his eyes again.

"Okay, we've come to ask you some questions and we'll appreciate if you cooperate with us so that the investigations can go on smoothly"

"Okay, you can go ahead and ask your questions"

"Thank you" she cleared her throat and continued. "For how long have you been staying in this apartment with the deceased?"

"I've been here with Frank and Kelvin since we finished serving. That's about three years ago"

"Okay. That means you know his friends and enemies?"

"Yes, we barely hide things from each other"

"Alright, so when did the enmity between the deceased and Kelvin start?"

"They were never enemies, they started quarreling often since we met Amarachi and Ini"

"Who's this Ini and Amarachi?"

"Ini is Kelvin's girlfriend while Amarachi is her Friend whom Frank is in love with"

"So, what do you think would have caused Kelvin and Franks clash recently?"

"Frank caught Kelvin on bed with Amarachi whom he is in love with"

"Okay, so you think Kelvin killed him to have this Amarachi?"

"No, Kelvin cannot kill anyone talk more of his friend" Bode argued. "See, we all quarrel a lot but we don't hate each other"

"So what else do you think Kelvin killed Frank for?"

"Kelvin did not kill Frank. He cannot" Frank replied, this time raising his voice in anger.

"But Kelvin's wallet was found at the scene"

"They had a fight yesterday but Kelvin could not have killed him"

"Were you at the scene at the time they fought?"

"No"

"So don't you think the fight went rough and Kelvin..."

"Noooo" Bode slammed his hand on the intended table. "No"

"Alright Mr Bode. I think you are emotionally unstable now. We'll have to come back for this questioning"

"Yes, please"

"But before we go, we'll need to search this house for any evidence"

"You can go ahead and search"

"Okay"

Bode watched as they searched the living room, they couldn't find anything. They proceeded to the bedrooms and entered each bedroom, one after the other. Kelvin's bedroom was the last they searched. After almost one hour of searching, the junior inspector spoke up.

"I've found something here ma"

"What's that?" Inspector Helen asked

"It's a shirt stained with blood"

"Oh, good. That's an exhibit"

++++++++++++++++

Bola walked into her house still furious about the outcome of her meeting with her Father. She entered the living room still murmuring in argument with herself.

She stopped as her eyes met Sandra's. She dropped her bag on the table and faced Sandra who was seated with her hands on her chin.

"Anything the matter?" She asked as she sat beside Sandra.

"Kelvin was arrested by the police yesterday night"

"Arrested? For what?"

"For murder"

"Murder? Did he kill someone? Where did you hear that from?"

"From the office this morning, he wasn't at work and that was the subject of discussion for all staffs"

"Na wa o" Bola exclaimed in surprise, "who did they say he murdered?"

"He couldn't have done it. I'm sure he couldn't have done it", Sandra continued in tears. "They said he killed his Friend Frank"

"Huh?" The answer shocked Bola

"Sorry, who did you say he killed?" She asked again.

"He didn't kill him. They found Frank's body dead in his salon"

"Nooooo, my Frank" she held Sandra's shirt by the collar and shook her violently. "Please tell me it's not true"

++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Look at me Kelvin" Inspector Helen said, looking straight into Kelvin's eyes. "You don't have to go through all this sufferings, you're a very handsome young man. Just tell me, how it really happened"

"I only had a fight with Frank, I didn't kill him"

"You didn't kill him? But we found him dead"

"I don't know about that. I can't kill Frank, he's more than a friend to me, he's a brother"

"But you left him badly injured?"

"Not really, I was the one who was injured more from the fight"

"Okay, but do you think he killed himself?"

Kelvin hesitated a little before answering, "No, he couldn't have killed himself. He was a stubborn guy and doesn't give up on anything, I don't think he would give up on his life"

"Yes sure, he didn't kill himself" the inspector stood up from her seat and sat on the table facing Kelvin directly. "He report that came in today shows that he was stabbed with a knife through the belly and was strangled with a wire. That shows that two people carried the act"

"I don't... I don't know about that"

"Your wallet was found there"

"Yes, it likely fell off during the fight"

"Head was laid close to the wallet" she continued, intensifying her gaze into his eyes as he remained quiet. "That shows that you did the work on his neck while your partner stabbed him"

"No o, I didn't do such thing." He raised his voice, "I can't kill my friend"

"Hey!!!" She stood up and walked round the table. "Don't raise your voice, I'm only trying to help you out of this problem"

"I'm sorry, but I didn't kill my friend. I can never do that"

"Alright" she smiled slightly, "for how long have you been friends with him?"

"About eight years ago, we met during the university days"

"And you guys have been living together since you left school?"

"Yes"

"Okay. So what was the cause of your quarrel that night?"

Frank hesitated before he answered, "I... He saw me with his lover on the bed"

"He caught you sleeping with his girlfriend?"

"No, she wasn't his girlfriend and I wasn't sleeping with her"

"Okay" she let out a smile, "what were you doing with her on the bed?"

"It was a set up, somebody drugged us"

"Hmmm... This is getting interesting. So Frank caught you on the bed with her?"

"Yes, I've said that already"

"And you went after him when he left?"

"I went home first, I only went to his salon to explain myself to him and ask him about my girlfriend who was not picking my calls"

"Who is this your girlfriend and what connection does she have with Frank?"

"The person Frank saw with me is her flatmate and best friend whom Frank loved"

"Oh! It was in your girlfriend's house you cheated with her best friend?" She laughed mockingly, " so you thought Frank told her about what he saw or she found out herself?"

"I just wanted to find out if he did see her"

"Oh! I get it" she stood up, nodding her head like someone who had just discovered something important. "You fought with him because he told her about what he saw"

"No" he shouted, " I didn't want to fight him, he was the one who didn't want to listen"

"So you murdered him for not keeping his mouth shut"

"I didn't murder him"

"Who was your partner Frank? Just tell us and avert your suffering"

"I have no partner, I didn't kill him"

"Hehe", she chuckled, shaking her head. She passed him a piece of paper and a pen. "Write down the address of your girlfriend there"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Amarachi!" Tola shouted, "what are you still thinking about?"

"Nothing really" Ama sighed, "I'm just wondering how Ini would be feeling right now"

"I still think you need to go see her and explain yourself"

"No, I don't think that would be possible" Ama replied, trying to knit the bandage on her left palm properly.

Tola's attention shifted to the wound on Ama's hand. "You've still not told me how you got that wound"

"Ermm" she stammered, "it's just a knife cut"

"Knife cut? What were you doing with a knife?"

"To ... To cut oranges"

"Hmmm, I don't believe that. But let's forget it, its not important. Let's plan how to go back to Ini"

"I can't"

"You can. Remember, everything that happened wasn't your fault, you were drugged"

"Yes, I know. I can't just face her"

"You have to, don't worry, I'll go with you"

...to be continued

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
missuniverse:
started reading this few hours ago
look out for some typo
Lovely piece u have here,I must commend
Following
Alright ma'am, I'll go thru and correct typos from the beginning b4 I end the story
Thanks
aprilwise:
Nice update.
cool
abbiey:
Thanks for the nice update, but its short sha. More grease to your elbow expecting more o.
thanks
seunviju:
Haba Oyin,you don finish Kelvin patapata ooooo,e no good o.Interesting story,keep it up
cool

Onemansquad:
Frank is nt suppose 2 die he shuld av lived to knw d truth
oyinprince nw tel me !! why did u kil him?? undecided
I didn't kill him, maybe Kelvin did
seunviju:
Haba Oyin,you don finish Kelvin patapata ooooo,e no good o.Interesting story,keep it up
Thanks
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
Queening:
I know you. cool
Fembleez1:
Oyinprince, I won't want you to write my Biography!. angry
shocked Why?
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Fembleez1(m): 11:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
Oyinprince:
I know you. cool shocked Why?

Have that as suspense!. sad
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Queening(f): 8:18am On Apr 11, 2015
Oyinprince:
I know you. cool shocked Why?
where from?
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Sanmix2007(m): 12:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
Expecting more supenses frm u op
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by EllaGold35(f): 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nyc story prince..
Kip it up

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by stuff46(m): 8:53am On Apr 12, 2015
A little re-thinking of the circumstance that lead to ini leaving the house in the first place to meet up with an un-saved number would have saved ini such hatred over her paddy.

Just Naija movies cheesy onyi is showing us his skills. Lol

Buh why frank die na? Chief na crook o, see as he take arrange the murder. Lovely storyline and great updates.

cheesy
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by kingphilip(m): 1:05am On Apr 14, 2015
Maryofficial:

Yes boss
the only official Mary
Hw r u doing
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by cheskabiney: 1:29am On Apr 14, 2015
Great update indeed. Me sef I dey wonder ooo how ini go meet this person. bola too is suFfering so it makes frank death a little more worthy. Coz she caused his death
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 7:54am On Apr 14, 2015
"Did you find any new thing at the scene of the murder?" Inspector Helen asked her colleague and junior in the force, Uche.

"We didn't find anything except for the dirty blue rag which was stained with blood " Sergeant Uche replied.

"That means the killers took away the knife that was used to stab him and whatever was used on his neck too"

"Yes ma"

"Okay, make sure everything you find is kept intact, we would need them later"

"Okay ma"

"Hmmm... So what step do you think we should take next"

"I think we just need to torture that guy more"

"You think so?"

"Yes, I'm sure he's a criminal. He will confess once he cannot bear the pain anymore"

"We'll do as you say, but I think we have to visit his girlfriend first and the other lafy he cheated with", she said and handed over the paper where the address was written to the officer.
"Do you know that place?"

"Yes madam, it's not far from here"

"Oh! That means we can still go there today?"

"Yes ma"

"Alright, go get ready then"

+++++++++++++++++++++

Bola shivered as Sandra touched her gently where she was seated in her bed. She had been feeling sorrowly since the time she heard about Frank's death, although no single drop of tears came off her eyes, the news left her so devastated.

"You're still here?" Sandra said as she placed her hand round Bola's neck. "Don't hurt yourself, there'd nothing bring him back"

"Yes, I know" Bola replied and stood up like someone who had just gained strength from something. "His killers must not go unpunished"

"Ehn?" Sandra trembled in fear, remembering that Kelvin had been arrested and accused of killing Frank. "But Kelvin wasn't the one that killed him"

She glanced at Sandra and continued softly, "I know he wasn't the one. I know who killed him"

"You know?" Her face lit up a little as her hope of proving Kelvin's innocence returned. "Who's the killer?"

"You don't need to know" Bola said and walked out of the room.

"Please, I need to. Kelvin does not have to suffer for something he doesn't know about" she said, following Bola closely.

"What would you do if I tell you?" Bola turned back and faced Sandra.

"What would I do? I will report to the police off course"

"Hahahahaha" Bola laughed hysterically. "That's signing your own death warrant"

"What? What do you mean by that?"

"You might even get killed by the police officer you're reporting to" Bola answered and walked to the parlour. She hovered around the bar searching for a drink.

"I don't still understand"

"You won't understand. Just forget it"

"Forget it? And let Kelvin rot in jail?"

"Hmmm, you're concerned about Kelvin? Don't worry, I'll report to the police myself"

++++++++++++++++++++

Ini had just finished cleaning the house when she heard a knock on the door. She walked gently to the door and opened it to find a short man and a Lady there.

"Good evening Madam" Inspector Helen
started with a smile, " we are police officers from the station at Saro road, we've come to see you about something important"

"Alright" Ini replied in a low voice as she opened the door for the August visitors to come in.

She ushered them into the living room and ensured they were seated comfortably.

"What can I offer you?"

"No, thanks. All we need is your attention and cooperation"

"Alright then" she replied and sat on a stool opposite them. "So how may I help you?"

"Do you know the person of Mr Kelvin Okafor?"

"Ermm"Ini stammered, visibly surprised by the question. She wondered what Kelvin had to do with the police. "Yes, I know him"

"Good. Who's he to you?"

"He is... He was my boyfriend"

"He was? What happened between both of you?"

"Ermm, nothing really" she lied. "Things just didn't work out between us"

"Hmmm... Are you sure of that? No cheating problem?"

"Ermm... Kind of" she paused and stared sternly at the inspector. "But what's the reason for this?"

"Oh! You don't know? Well, Kelvin was arrested and he's still in our custody now for the alleged murder of his friend, Frank"

"Murder of Frank? Frank is dead?" Ini stood in shock and disbelief.

"Yeah, Frank was found dead in his Salon yesterday night, a police man found blood stains outside and traced it inside"

"Oh my God! Who could have killed him?"

"We don't know that yet, but Kelvin was the one who had the last encounter with him before his death"

"I don't think Kelvin could have killed him"

"That's why we are here and that's why you must cooperate with us"

"Okay" Ini sat back on the chair. "I will"

"Can you tell us all that really happened here on Sunday?"

"Yes, I will" Ini accepted and began to tell them all that happened in details, from the strange phone call to her return home to find Kelvin and Amarachi on the bed.

"The phone call you had, have you tried that number again since yesterday?"

"No"

"Can we have the number?"

"Yeah sure" Ini checked through her phone and extended it to the male officer who copied it and dialed it on his phone.

"It is switched off" he reported to Helen.

"Okay" Inspector Helen replied. After been quiet for some minutes, she spoke up again. "But It was dangerous to go and meet someone you've not seen for a long time who just called you on phone, you could have been hurt"

"Yeah, it was really foolish of me. I agree"

"Did you notice anyone watching you that day ?"

"No, I didn't"

"Okay, who else knows this your friend that called you?"

"No one except for Bola, a friend of mine who was supposed to get married to Frank"

"Okay" Helen paused as she jotted down something quickly on her notepad. "Do you think Kelvin could have killed Frank?"

"No, I don't really think Kelvin could have done that. I don't think he'll kill anyone for any reason"

"Kelvin never knew that you saw him and Ama, don't you think he could have killed Frank to prevent him from telling you?"

"No, I'm sure Kelvin can't take anyone's life"

"You're sure?" Helen smiled briefly, "were you not also sure that he couldn't cheat on you?"

"Hmm, yes. I was"

"That proves you didn't know him well. Where's Amarachi?"

"I don't know. I didn't meet her at home when I returned"

"Where could she have gone to?"

"Ermm... The only place she could be is her Parent's house in the village"

"Okay, thank you. That would be all for now, we'll get back to..."

Uche interrupted Helen, he quickly whispered something into her ears.

"Oh! Thanks, how on earth did I forget that?" She thanked him and then turned to Ini. "Can we see Amarachi's room? Where you caught them"

"Oh yeah, sure. But it must be very dirty, I've not entered there since yesterday"

"It's okay"

Ini led them to Amarachi's abandoned room, she stayed at the entrance and watched them do their job. It was not long before Helen found something.

"Here's a stained handkerchief and a knife" she announced.

After properly scrutinizing it on the floor where it was, beside the bed. She allowed Uche pack the exhibit carefully into a container with an handkerchief in his hands.

"I'm sorry Ini" Helen spoke to Ini who was overwhelmed and short of words. " I think you'll have to follow us to our station for further interrogation"

*** End of Chapter Twenty Four ***

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 14, 2015
Hmmmm, this story is beginning to get to d route... Thanks for. d breakfast oyin grin

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 14, 2015
Hmm this is great
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 9:52am On Apr 14, 2015
stuff46:
A little re-thinking of the circumstance that lead to ini leaving the house in the first place to meet up with an un-saved number would have saved ini such hatred over her paddy.
Just Naija movies cheesy onyi is showing us his skills. Lol
Buh why frank die na? Chief na crook o, see as he take arrange the murder. Lovely storyline and great updates.
cheesy
Thanks Boss. I don't really get the point in the first paragraph
EllaGold35:
Nyc story prince..
Kip it up
Thanks mam smiley
Sanmix2007:
Expecting more supenses frm u op
cool
Fembleez1:

Have that as suspense!. sad
Haba bros, there is God o

Queening:
where from?
Eksu
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:01am On Apr 14, 2015
prettydiva89:
Hmm this is great
cool
cheskabiney:
Great update indeed. Me sef I dey wonder ooo how ini go meet this person. bola too is suFfering so it makes frank death a little more worthy. Coz she caused his death
hmmm, so Frank's death is worth it?
sherryshitt:
Hmmmm, this story is beginning to get to d route... Thanks for. d breakfast oyin grin
uwc. thanks for reading
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by aprilwise(m): 10:35am On Apr 14, 2015
The turning point of this story is confusing me. Blood stained knife found in Ama's room. It getting complicating. Thanks
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by missfaviy(f): 12:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
oyin please save me from the ache and post more.nice update
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Sanmix2007(m): 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
becoming more complicated

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by missuniverse(f): 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
stained handkerchief and a KNIFE
could it be the knife Ama used, probably to commit suicide.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (39) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story / The Reluctant Bride / First Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.