Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship (268294 Views)

A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2015
Update today will be posted on or before 10pm
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 06, 2015
Oyinprince:
Update today will be posted on or before 10pm
i just voted for you oyin,keep up the nice work.

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by cheskabiney: 8:04pm On May 06, 2015
Israel23:
massa oy in your time dey come catch oooo. 10 pm is almost here. Abeg the update.......

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:12pm On May 06, 2015
Update coming soon, I'm still typing
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:14pm On May 06, 2015
Israel23:
Thanks cool, but your vote will not be counted if you don't follow the instruction below

princesa:
For everyone voting in one category only, it won't be counted. The rules are the rules. To make your votes count please vote one person from the Upcoming writer category and a maximum of three persons on the Writer of the month category.

@Oyinprince, please call the attention of ur voters or their effort will be futile.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:19pm On May 06, 2015
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hey" Dennis called out as he dropped off from his car, Helen was about entering the driver's side of the car when she heard him coming towards them.

"Good morning inspector" Dennis greeted as he approached them, Uche was already seated in the other side.

"Good morning Mr Dennis" she replied as she placed her hands on the car, standing up straight.

"I can see you're going somewhere but I want to see you about something"

"We have to leave here now, is it something really important?"

"Yes, I think you guys need to interrogate Ini, she should be able to provide some information about the knife. We can't ignore the fact that the knife was found in her house and Amarachi wasn't there at the time it was discovered"

"We'll see to that later, the reason we've not considered that option is because Amarachi acknowledge that the knife was kept there by her"

"The knife could have been changed"

"We'll find out about that very soon, we'll find out if it was changed"

"How?"

"Leave that to us, we have to leave here now. We have an arrest to make" she stepped back into the car and drove off with Uche.

Helen and Uche remained quiet for some minutes as they drove in the car, then Uche began asking questions.

"How do we intend to find out if the knife was changed, remember we found it in the same position she said she forgot it in her room"

"It could have been changed and kept back in the same position"

"I don't think so"

"It is very possible that it was changed, having presented the enough proof we have to Amarachi and Kelvin, I don't expect them to still maintain their position that they didn't kill him"

"Maybe they just have to be ... " he stopped abruptly and looked at Helen's face.

She understood him and smiled, "tortured more, you want to say?"

"Yes, but... "

"Listen, we've tortured them enough already and we are not getting the response we require"

"I don't just think the knife was changed when we discovered it there, we found it the same way she left it"

"Ok, so if it wasn't changed before we discovered it there, maybe it was changed after we did"

"Ehn?" He seemed shocked by her reply, "what do you mean by that?"

"If it wasn't changed before we discovered it then it was changed after" she took a look at him, and smiled in a way to emphasize her point.

"But I was the one in charge of those exhibits"

"Yes, I know"

"So are you suggesting that I changed it or what?"

"No, I'm not saying that yet. I'm only thinking of different possibilities. See Uche" She placed her right hand on his shoulder to pacify him. "We've tried all we know how to do to make them admit that they did this crime but we've not succeeded, with my experience they are actually responding like they are innocent"

"So what do we do now?"

"Why are you acting like a new person in this Uche? What kind of question is that?"

"I'm sorry, its just that this case is a simple one and I don't think it should have lingered for this long, so it seems I'm kind of getting weary, I'm sorry"

"We have to investigate if Amarachi really used the knife or not, if she did; we'll continue in this direction"

"Oh! I see" he smiled briefly and pause for a while. "And if she didn't, we'll move our focus on the new suspects?"

"Yes, especially her flatmate Ini"

"Hmmm... Seems like an idea that would work, so what's our next move"

"We need finger prints test now of both Kelvin and Amarachi, it would give us the answer we require now"
"Good, we should conduct that as soon as possible. I want to get this case off my neck"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Amarachi wondered who her visitor was as she walked slowly to the visiting room, handcuffed and an officer guarding her. After Dennis had visited her that morning she wasn't expecting anyone else to visit her.
She paused at the entrance of the visiting room and struggled to draw up the sagging prison uniform trousers. She entered into the room and her eyes with Ini's, she was dumbstruck. She was unable to move for a while as her legs didn't carry her further, she just stared at Ini who stared back also without saying anything.

"You only have ten minutes, if you like keep staring at yourself all through" a voice moved Ama back to action and she walked further inside and sat down into the seat in front of Ini.

They sat quietly, staring at and observing each other like strangers trying to remember where they've met themselves before. Ini could not do but notice the drastic change on Amarachi, it was evident she had not been feeding well. She looked like someone who had been sick and haven't been receiving medical treatment. Moulds of tears gradually began to form on Ini's face.

"How are you doing?" Ini finally asked, breaking the silence between them.

"Fine"

"Did you fall sick?"

"No, I'm perfectly fine and why do you ask? I thought you said you had no business with me"

"I've been worried about you, but I struggled not to show care because I'm still hurt... "

"You don't need to worry about me, I don't need your care" she slammed angrily"

"I..." Ini tried to talk but couldn't find words as she was deeply hurt by Ama's response

"Who used the knife I kept in my room to murder Frank?"

"What kind of question is that? How am I supposed to know?" She replied, almost in tears.

"I stay in your house, nobody else lives there"

"But I thought you claimed you were drugged, don't you think the same people who drugged both of you could have done that?"

"The person who drugged me is Kelvin, I was stupid to have taken the juice after I suspected that someone else was in the house with me. The only person who could have returned to that room is you or Kelvin"
Ini couldn't believe her ears, she blamed herself for allowing Bode convince her to come there. She stood up and hurried out of the place in tears.

Amarachi watched her as she left, unmoved by display of emotions. She remembered that Dennis had told her to be careful with Ini when he came earlier, his reason was that he suspected that Ini had planned the murder, in a bid to punish her and Kelvin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ken boiled with anger as he answered the questions been thrown at him by the inspectors. He was in his office when some police officers had come to seize him. He pleaded that he would come on his own, in his car but they refused and didn't even allow him to take anything nor tidy the office before he left.

"Did you threaten to kill him or not?"

"Yes, I threatened to kill the fool"

"So you finally carried out your threat?" Helen continued the questioning.

"I don't even know the fool, I would have killed him if I knew him" he continued to reply stubbornly.

"Shut Up, you killed him. Everything has been exposed, we already found the knife with which you used to carry out the murder"

"Hahaha" he laughed hysterically. "Kill him with a knife? Why would I do that? If I was the one that killed the fool, you would not even find the remains of his body"

"Shut up"

"You too shut up" he shouted back at Helen and turned to Uche who was watching quietly.

"Uche, wetin be all this nao? You know me well o" he spoke in pidgin to Uche.

Helen looked at Uche in surprise, "You know him?"

"Yes, I do. I know his father very well, he's a friend to Chief Olatunbosun" he replied to Helen and walked closer to Ken. "Look here Ken, this is the law, it doesn't matter if I know you or not. The truth is that you threatened to kill someone and few days after, he died mysteriously. You have to prove to us that you didn't do it"

"Prove what?" Ken asked angrily, standing up as he banged his hand on the table. "You guys would surely pay for this, thank God Uche knows what my father can do to you"

"Shut up, your father is not above the law. If you're found guilty, you'll surely be prosecuted accordingly" Uche slammed back at him.

"Take him away" Helen commanded the junior officer with them and turned to Uche. "You never told me you knew the guy"

"Yeah, because it has nothing to do with our investigation"

"Hmmm... Well, I think we still have a lot of work to do"

"Yes, we have to consider other options"

"Yes, once we're done with the fingerprints test"

"Okay"

"Yea, so..." She was saying when her phone rang.

"Hello... Okay... Meet me in my office" she spoke to the caller and turned back to Uche. "His bail has been applied for already, go and prepare his release"

"Okay ma" he replied and they went different ways, he went to prepare Ken's release while Helen returned to her office.

Helen met Bode at the door of the office. "Good morning", she shook hands with him before she opened the door with her key and walked in.

Bode walked in after her, he removed the key and locked the door again as he entered.

"Why did you do that?" She asked sharply.

"We don't need any intruder" he replied and handed the keys to her. "I don't want to involve that other guy, Uche"

"So, what do you have to say?" She asked as she sat down.

He paused for sometime and looked at her inquisitive eyes for a while before he declared. "There was no call from Nike Adejumo"

"No call from Nike Adejumo ? What do you mean?"

"Someone else made the call and pretended to be Nike"

"How did you find out?"

Bode brought out his phone and then played his recorded conversation with the customer service representative for about ten minutes. Helen was finally convinced, she was short of words to say after listening to it.

"So, what's your next plan with this information?" He asked.

"Ermm... Don't worry, we'll work on it" she replied, without looking at his face as he had being able to prove that there was more to the call which she dared him to.

"Don't give me that at all" Bode disagreed outrightly.

"That's what you've been saying without doing anything. I want to know what you are doing about it"

"Okay" she finally found courage to look at him. "We'll work with the It department and make sure they help us find the name of the real owner of the sim from network bearer"

"Good, please do it immediately. I'll like to get a report soon"

"Okay"

"And please, don't send Uche, it would be better if you even hide this information from him"

"I'll try"

"Thanks" he stood up to take his leave. " I'll call you later" he smiled as he walked to the door.

Helen walked up to him with the key and opened the door for him to go out. Inspector Uche was just at the door as it was opened, he gave them a searching look and stared more at Bode. Bode smiled at him and also at Helen before he walked away leaving Helen and Uche who entered back into the office.

Bode smiled to himself as he walked outside the building, things worked easy that day. He didn't have to struggle so much to convince Ini to follow him after he had played the recorded conversation to prove to her that she received the phone call from a fake Nike Adejumo and show the possibility that Amarachi and Kelvin were really drugged.

He had only been outside where Ini's car was parked for about one minute when he spotted her walking out, from the way she walked, he concluded that her visit to Amarachi and Kelvin did not go well.

"Hey, how did it go?" He asked Ini who didn't answer him but walked straight to the driver's side of the car.

"What happened? Did you have a disagreement with Ama or Kelvin?"

"No, I didn't see Kelvin anymore"

"Why?" He asked with concern, as he detected that Ini had been crying from her voice

"Because I don't want to see him" she answered angrily and entered into the car. " I regret listening to you, I regret coming here with you"

He entered the car too, through the other side and snatched the car key from Ini who was about to start the car. "I'll drive you home"

"I can take myself home"

"No, I won't let you drive like this" he came out and turned to the driver's side. She came down hesitatingly and went to sit at the other side. Bode drove off immediately.

"So tell me what happened?" He asked as the car went steady on the road.

"That fool, Amarachi accused me of killing Frank and using the knife to implicate her"

"Hmm"

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:41pm On May 06, 2015
Thanks to all of you who have been voting, but some of your votes would. it be counted because you're not following the right procedure.

You also have to vote for the best writer for the month and not just the upcoming category alone before your votes are counted, so modify your posts if you've voted before cool

@ Chimdim Israel23 cheskabiney

princesa:
For everyone voting in one category only, it won't be counted. The rules are the rules. To make your votes count please vote one person from the Upcoming writer category and a maximum of three persons on the Writer of the month category.

@Oyinprince, please call the attention of ur voters or their effort will be futile.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by merasnipes(f): 11:42pm On May 06, 2015
Hmmm am really enjoying this. More ink to your pen Oyin. Pls update soon tnx

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by aprilwise(m): 6:36am On May 07, 2015
Wonderful masterpiece. I don't trust uche of a police officer. He knows the truth. He just using Ama nd kelvin as a scape goat.

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 07, 2015
HELLO MY FELLOW LITERATURE-LANDERS, THIS IS ADEH39, THIS IS TO INFORM U THAT THE MISS NAIRALAND 2015 CONTEST IS CURRENTLY GOING ON, AND I AM ONE OF THE CONTESTANTS. I CAN'T DO IT ALONE, I NEED THE HELP OF U GUYS, I WILL HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR IF I HAVE YOU PEOPLE AT MY BACK. PLS, HELP UR LITTLE SISTER BY VOTING FOR ME WHEN THE TIME COMES, THE CAMPAIGN IS CURRENTLY GOING ON NOW........ PLS I NEED VOLUNTEERS 4 D CAMPAIGN TOO... VOLUNTEERS SHOULD KINDLY VISIT THE CAMPAIGN THREAD AND DO THE NEEDFUL, PLS I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET FROM U GUYS. YOUR VOTES COUNTS. THANKS.

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by cheskabiney: 6:39pm On May 08, 2015
Oyinprince:
Thanks to all of you who have been voting, but some of your votes would. it be counted because you're not following the right procedure.
You also have to vote for the best writer for the month and not just the upcoming category alone before your votes are counted, so modify your posts if you've voted before cool
@ Chimdim Israel23 cheskabiney
OK. So please how do we go about it. Where do we see the category required to vote
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 08, 2015
Ini and lies
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Aipete2(f): 12:12am On May 09, 2015
Family members please vote for me as the next MISS NAIRALAND
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by stuff46(m): 8:41am On May 09, 2015
Just as expeceted, a third party is needed to unravel the scramle of the murder.
Good God, thank God that Helen is avoiding Uche, who knows he might be on chiefs pay-roll. Good job Onyieeeeeeeeee

Did i tell you this. Vote wisely, vote a new dawn. Vote one of us.

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Hicea1: 12:29pm On May 11, 2015
Oyinprince, please how do I contact u, I need your help on a publication. It's personal
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 8:19pm On May 11, 2015
Hy guys, Sorry, I've been quite busy executing my ND2 project, will try update 2moro

Hicea1:
Oyinprince, please how do I contact u, I need your help on a publication. It's personal
Contact me on WhatsApp with the phone no. in ma signature
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by cheskabiney: 10:04pm On May 11, 2015
Abeg oyin what dey happen na? No more updates? Please bring am cos I no fit wait again ooo
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Ashiat39(f): 10:19pm On May 11, 2015
Cnt wait to see next update any more, pls, bale me out of dis suspence, cos is getn too much. I av been longing 4 dat murdrer who punishe innocent Amarachi and Kelvin up to dis level and if I catch hm/hr... Wel, i reserve it for nw. Kudos, u av did a great wk, more knwldg to ur brain nd more ink to ur pen.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by rollex4ever: 9:37am On May 12, 2015
nairaland seems to be boring sometime, with these so call story tellers. It's when people start following their story, that, they will start giving flimsy excuses for not updating.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 9:48pm On May 12, 2015
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

"Good morning Inspector Helen" Bode curtsied as he walked into her office.

"Good morning Uche, you're looking refreshed this morning" she smiled replied and complimented. "I can see that the weekend has done a lot of good to you"

"Yes, thank you" he replied, smiling back as he sat down.

"Good, so what's up this morning?"

"Nothing much, I just had to come around after hoping for sometime that you'll send for me and you didn't"

"Oh! Send for you?" She chuckled as she opened up her laptop. "Yea, I was going to do that, it wasn't just time yet"

"Uhm" he smiled briefly, "I was just thinking that we need to do everything quick. I was expecting that you'll call me to organize and take Kelvin and Amarachi for the fingerprints test"

"Oh! That?" She paused and rested her head on her hand like someone who had just remembered something. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I'll already sent Tom to take them there on Friday"

"You what?" He asked, unhappy with the news. "How can you do that?"

"What? How can I do what?" She took her gaze away from the laptop to him.

"I mean Tom doesn't know anything about the case, I could have handled it better"

"I explained to him all he needed to know already" she replied him, putting her focus back on the laptop.

"But you should have told me?"

"Sorry, it skipped my mind. I only wanted to make things easy for you, I noticed you were stressed out last week"

"I could have still done it if you asked me to"

"Yea, I know you would have but I wanted you to go home and rest because we'll have to do more work this week"

"Oh! I see" He replied smiling, trying to cover up the disappointment with the smile.

"Yep, so as you already know, it's takes about forty eight to seventy hours for us to get the result, so we should be expecting it anytime soon"

"Oh yea, good. I'll want us to get the report quickly so we can know the right thing to do"

"Yes, that's why I didn't wait till today to take them for the test"

"Okay, but I think we should not just wait and do nothing while we wait for the result, we need to interrogate Ini too"

"Yes, we'll do that but I think we need to be patient a little till the test result comes out, I don't want us to embarass any innocent one"

"Okay, lets wait then" he saluted and took his leave.

Helen focused on her laptop work as he left, she was trying to connect her modem to the system when her WhatsApp chat message popped up on her phone's screen.

The phone was just beside the laptop so she could see clearly who the message sender was. She wasn't used to replying messages when she was in the office, but the message was from Bode so she couldn't ignore it.

All through the weekend, they had chatted several times. Helen who wasn't used t xo chatting on online forums hesitated at first when Bode sent the first chat message to her that Friday night. His first message was about the case which she thought was annoying as he was asking her questions when she was supposed to be resting. But after struggling for sometime to reply his messages, she became more relaxed when he made a compliment about her display picture and started a less formal discussion.

"Wow , I never knew a female police officer can look so hot like you are in your dp" he had sent.

She viewed the message and read it without replying, but he sent another.

"I thought I would see a dp where you would be in your normal top and Jean or your uniform with guns on your hand"

"Kk" she replied, thinking it would end the conversation but he continued.

"You know I'm just thinking about the popular saying- dress the way you want to be addressed- and I see a lot of sense in it now"

"Hmm, could you explain further?" She replied starting to enjoy the chat.

"You know, I didn't really use to see you as a Lady because you always dress like a man"

"Oh really?"

"Yea, but your Dp shows a different side of you, you're not with your usual boring shirt, trouser, sneakers or flat shoes but you're on a mini gown and you even applied makeups"

"Yea, I dress like that sometimes when I'm going for occasions but I never dress like that when I'm on duty or at work or do you think that kind of outfit would allow me to pursue after a criminal?"

"Oh no, it won't. I understand now smiley " he replied and added an emoticon.

"Yea, the only time I dress like that is when I'm working as an undercover"

"Okay, well you look really beautiful"

They chatted more for a long time that day, talking more on personal issues as she related with him like a friend and not a police officer. They also talked about the deceased Frank and his friendship with Kelvin and Bode. The next day, Helen was the first to send him a message.

She finally picked up the phone and opened the pop up message fully.

"Good morning, how was your night?"

"Fine, yours?" She replied

"It was okay. So how are you doing this morning and how far have you gone with the fingerprints test"

"Good, we are on it"

"Okay, please tell me the result as soon as itis out"

"No, I won't"

"Why?"

"I think I'm beginning to tell you too much. I don't know how you even got the info about the fingerprint from me"

"C'mon"

"Don't bother, we'll do our job and make sure the right person os punished"

"Okay, but I'm sure that the result would prove that neither Kelvin nor Amarachi used the knife" he replied hopefully.

"Let's wait and see but even if it does. It doesn't still prove their innocence, they are still the major suspects"

"Hmmm"

"Yea, just pray that we get better proof of their innocence. I have to get back to work now. We'll talk later"

"Okay, but please don't forget about the number, Nike Adejumo's number"

She read the message and dropped the phone without replying. She continued with her connection of the modem. After successfully connecting, she opened her email.

She opened the message from the IT department and read.

" Forwarded Reply from ZTN Customer Care service

0-7-0-3-8-8-9-2-8-9-9
Customer's Name: Sandra Benjamin
Date of birth: 29/09/1889
Home Address: 4/6 Dosa Street, Etyle
Place of work: Devi International

--- Photograph attached --- "

She copied the details on her jotter carefully before reading other mails. She closed the laptop when she was done and stood up to stretch herself.

At about 3pm on the same day, Dele arrived the investigation departmental block with the result of the test. He met Helen in her office.

"Good morning ma"

"Good morning Dele, please have your seat. I've been expecting you"

"Yes, thank you"

"Yea, you are welcome. Let me call Uche to join us" she dialed Uche's number and summoned him to her office.
"Please lets wait for him" she said to Dele and smiled.

In less than two minutes, Uche was in the office. He was sweating and looked anxious to hear the results. After exchange of formalities, Dele announced the result.

"The fingerprints of the two culprits taken did not match with the one on the knife" He announced and looked at the inspectors who seemed weakened by the news. "It means that they weren't the one who used the knife"

"Wow" Uche was the first to talk after the brief silence. "So we've been punishing the innocent"

"No, we can't declare that they are innocent yet" Helen stated, which made them look at her. "They could have used aj hand glove to carry out the act"

"No, an hand glove wasn't used. There are fingerprints on the knife's handle, so an hand glove was not used" Dele quickly dismissed Helen's suggestion.

"Hmmm" she sighed, "that means we still have some people's fingerprints to take"

"Yes" Uche joined, "we'll need to test Ini too"

"Yeah, and it might be necessary to take Bola's fingerprints too, she was at Ini's house that day" she added. " I received a call some minutes ago that she is conscious now although the doctor said her condition is still bad"

"That means we'll have to visit the hospital too"

"Yeah, we'll go there immediately just after you order some guys to get Amarachi's friend, Ini"

"Huh huh" Dele cleared his throat.
" I think you guys have to excuse me, I've got some other things to attend to " he said and got up from his seat.

"No Dele, I think you have to get to the hospital with us first" she stopped him. "Or are you going for something very urgent?"

"No its not really urgent

"Okay, we need you to take the fingerprint of the person we are going to meet there"

"Okay, but I think you can get someone to take it there for you. I believe they should have the necessary equipment

"Yes, even if someone else would take it, it has to be with your supervision, you're our agent here"

"Alright then"

++++++++++++++++++++

*** 1 hour later in the hospital ***

"So Doctor, you mean there's nothing you can do to save her?" Helen questioned.

"We arr trying our best, but the truth is she has very less chance of surviving and even if she does, she would remain mentally disturbed" the doctor replied.

""Wow! It's a pity" Helen replied, looking sad. "But can we see her now?"

"Yes , of course. Let's go" the doctor answered and stood up from his office seat and led the way. The three police officers followed him.

"No, this way. We changed the ward already" he corrected Helen and Uche who wanted to turn to another way as he locked his office door.

They walked for not up to one minute before they got to the ward on the same floor.

Bola's eyes was on them as they walked in through the door, a light smile appeared on her face as she saw them. Helen held her hands when she got closer and smiled back at her.

"How are you Bola?" Helen asked

Bola's mouth moved but it wasn't clear what she said, Helen moved her head closer to her in a bid to hear what she was saying but still couldn't hear.

"It's okay Bola, we're working on Frank's murder case and we'll get to the root very soon"

Bola looked at Helen like someone who was lost, she smiled unnecessarily and frowned again, biting her lips.

"What's wrong Doc?" Helen turned to the doctor.

"I told you already, she can't communicate to you" the doctor replied.

Helen turned back to Bola, ignoring the doctor's reply. "Bola, do you know about the Nike Adejumo's phone call?"

Bola did not reply her but continued with her display which made Helen loose all hope.

"One more thing Doc" she turned to the doctor again. "We need her fingerprint"

"Okay?"

"Dele here would take care of that?" She said tapping Dele on the shoulder. "We have to leave now"

"Okay, no problem" the doctor smiled, " I'll always call to update you"

"Thanks" she replied and left the ward with Uche.

*** 5:45pm, back in the CID block ***

"Hello Bode" Helen greeted Bode who sat at the reception as she walked in with Uche.

"Welcome" Bode quickly stood up and attempted to follow them. "I've been waiting for you for almost an hour"

"Sorry Bode" She stopped her steps temporarily. "You may have to wait here for some more time or come back tomorrow except you have something urgent to attend to"

"Okay" Bode replied and walked slowly backwards to where he was seated. He greeted Uche who was looking contented with the way Helen handled him with a nod and was replied in the same manner.

... to be continued

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Niwdog(m): 10:21pm On May 12, 2015
yeppa! Ftc. Nice job oyinprince

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by ritzeluv(f): 6:30am On May 13, 2015
Pls let the update keep Flowing. Nice work dear.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 6:41am On May 13, 2015
Nice work.. God will help Kelv nd Ama

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by soniachuks(f): 10:16am On May 13, 2015
hmmmmm is really getting complicated,oga uche am suspecting u ohh
cant wait for the next update...

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by hadease(m): 11:03am On May 13, 2015
nyc work helen nd bode pls dunt get too involve 4 ur own safety nw.....tanks 4 d update oyinprince expctin more of it'

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 13, 2015
Thanks for the update dude,keep it coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 13, 2015
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Queening(f): 9:50am On May 14, 2015
Oyinprince:
i will Update today
you have not answered my question
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:20pm On May 14, 2015
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I'm sorry Ini, I hope our boys did not maltreat you?" Helen started.

"Just let me go home please, I can't spend the night here" Ini replied angrily.

"You won't stay here overnight if you cooperate with us, I don't even intend to keep you here. I heard your father has already sent someone to ask for your bail" Helen continued, "I'm supposed to be at home now, but I don't want to go and leave you here. So you have to tell me the whole truth to help the both of us, so that we can leave here"

"What do you want from me?"

"Nothing much dear, we only want you to tell us all you know about the knife we found in your house"

"You found it in Amarachi's room" Ini retorted.

"Yes, and where's Amarachi's room?"

"See, I'm not responsible for whatever you find in her room, you should direct your question to her"

"Ini" Helen called and gave a short smile. "Why don't you just make things easy for us all, just respond to our questions"

"But I'm not responsible for whatever you find in Amarachi's room"

"But you own the house?"

"Yes, it's not my concern what Amarachi brings into her room"

"So, even if she brings a dead body into your house and keep it in her room, it isn't your business?"

Ini kept quiet for a while and stared into Helen's eyes, "what do you want from me?"

"I've said that many times already, I want your cooperation. Tell us all you know about the knife, then you're free to go after we take down your statement"

"I don't know anything about the knife, I didn't even know there was a knife in her room till you guys came the other time"

"But you're the owner of the house"

"So? How will I know what goes on in Amarachi's room? Is she a kid that I should be monitoring?"

"Hehe" Helen chuckled, "is there any other occupant of the house except for you and Amarachi?"

"No"

"Then that means its either of you that used that used the knife"

"It was found in Amarachi's room"

"Yes, but it has been proven that she wasn't the one who used the knife for the murder"

"Ehn, then let her explain how the knife got into her room"

"You don't want to make things easy for us right?"

"Damn! What do you expect me to tell you?" Ini fired back angrily.

"Alright" Helen said calmly and stood up. "We'll let you go now, but you have to report here tomorrow morning by 8am"

"For what?"

"We need to affirm that you didn't use the knife" Helen answered. "Don't worry, we won't take your time"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

* * * Fifteen minutes later * * *

Bode stood up from where he sat waiting for Helen just as he saw Ini with another younger Lady walking towards the exit door.

"Hey Ini" he called out to her and she stopped. "You came back to see Kelvin"

"Mtchew" she hissed at the question, almost silently . "Come to see Kelvin for what?" She held her sister by the had and continued walking.

Bode followed after them, "why are you here? What did you come to do?"

"I was arrested" she stopped and turned to him. "They accused me of using the knife "

"How come? How can they?"

"How won't they? I'm sure Amarachi said something to them" she said and continued walking, following her sister to the car park. "Amarachi is just looking for a way to pull me down, I regret ever knowing her"

"Come don't talk like that" he replied and followed after them. "I don't think it happened that way"

"Then how did it happen?" She asked moving to the right hand side as her sister entered into the driver's seat.

"Heyyy Ini" someone shouted from afar.

Ini stopped as she opened the door and looked towards the direction where the voice came from, Bode also turned to look. They saw Dennis walking speedily towards them.

"Ini" he called again, as he got closer to them. "What are you doing here?"

"You should be asking Amarachi that question not me"

"Why should I ask Amarachi? Did she bring you here? " he retorted.

"Stop asking silly questions" she slammed. "You should go and find a way to prove that your Amarachi didn't kill Frank. Who knows if she did it anyway"

"Sorry please" Bode cut in before Dennis could reply. "May I know you please?"

"He is Amarachi's boyfriend" Ini answered for him and stepped into the car.
"I have to go now, it's dark already" she closed the car door and said something to her sister after which they drove off leaving Bode and Dennis alone.

"Hi, I'm Bode" he introduced himself, extending an handshake to Dennis.

"Dennis" he replied, taking the handshake. "How are you related to Ini?"

"I'm not related to Ini,I was a close friend of Frank, the deceased. We used to live together"

"Oh! Sorry about the loss, I'm deeply sorry"

"It's okay, thanks"

"So you came to see Amarachi?"

"Yes, but I wasn't allowed to. Only the lawyer was allowed to see her" Dennis replied.

"Oh! You've gotten a lawyer already"

"Yes, of course. You see, Amarachi didn't kill Frank. Someone planted the knife in her room"

"Who would have done that if she didn't?" Bode questioned him. "She admitted to using that knife that day"

"Yes, but she didn't use the knife to kill anyone" he explained. "Why would she kill Frank? She has nothing to gain in his death"

Bode gave a brief smile before he continued, "I believe neither she nor Kelvin killed Frank"

"Kelvin? You know Kelvin too?"

"Yes, I, Kelvin and Frank were best of Friends before Kelvin's death" he replied and looked up like someone who was reflecting on something. "He loved Frank like a brother, he would not even dream of hurting Frank talk more of killing him"

"But Kelvin drugged Ama"

"No, he didn't. He was drugged too, he wasn't aware of all that was happening"

"Amarachi said she already suspected that someone was in the house already but she didn't know that the juice had been drugged. She fainted after taking it and woke up to find herself with Kelvin on the bed" Dennis explained. "Kelvin was the only one that was been expected in the house that day"

"Hmmm, that's nice, its cool to see both of you discussing" a Lady's voice joined from behind. "I'm thinking that if Kelvin was the only one that was expected in the house that day, he must have arranged the phone call to Ini to take her out of the house and drugged Amarachi to have his way. I believe something must have gone wrong with his plans"

"Exactly, it must have happened like that" Dennis agreed with Helen

"No, that's not possible, both Amarachi and Kelvin were drugged" Bode argued. "Please I do need to..."

"Sorry Mr. Bode" Helen cut in
"I have to be on my way now, I have other assignments to carry out" she said and walked away from them, walking towards where her car was parked.

Bode ran after her leaving Dennis who went to his own car. Bode stood at the front of the car just as Helen entered.

"I need to know how far you've gone with the investigation" he shouted.

"Get into the car" she shouted back at him.

Helen started the engine and drove off immediately after Bode entered without giving him an opportunity to talk.

"So, would you come online later tonight?" She asked after some minutes silence as they drove out of the station and hit the traffic.

"Online? You want me to come online? thought you said you don't like chatting"

"Yes, I'm not used to chatting on social networks. I just feel like today"

"Okay, well. You've not answered my own question, I thought that was why you asked me to join you in the car"

"No, I just wanted to help you get home"

"But I can get home myself"

"You would have troubles getting a cab by this time in this area"

"I would have still gotten home, what I really need is for you to answer my question"

"What question?" She asked sternly, not because she didn't remember but because she only asked him to join her because she wanted to be with him

"How far have you gone with the investigation?" He reiterated. "What have you done about the phone number?"

"I thought I already told you to leave everything to us"

"I'm just trying to make everything easy and fast for us, I'm tired of seeing my friend held in your bondage"

"Look here" Helen began when the roads suddenly became free, the loud noise from cars drowned her voice. She drove off speedily.

"Where are you driving to?" Bode asked as she took a sharp corner.

"I'm taking you home, here's a short route to your house"

"But I can get home myself, I already told you all I need"

"Look Bode, the real owner of the line used to call Ini would be found and interrogated tomorrow"

"Tomorrow?" Boss's eyes shone with excitement. "Have you gotten the real name and contact of the owner or you're just hoping to?"

"We've gotten the real name and address already"

"And what's the real name?"

"I don't remember, I wrote it down somewhere in my office, would get it tomorrow"

"Wow! Good work" Bode smiled at her. "I'm sure this information would lead to the real killers"

"I hope so"

"I'm sure" Bode replied, happy with the news she gave him.
"Ermm, I think you can drop me here, I'll find my way home, it's late already"

"Don't bother, I'll drive you home. We'll be there in the next ten minutes"

"But it's past nine already, remember you're a lady"

"Hahaha" she laughed. "I lead a team in the CID"

"Yes? And does that make you a man? "

"No, but I'm a lady who can still be on the streets by 2am when situation demands"

"Hmmm"

"Yea, so you're the one who needs to get home safely"

"But I thought you said you had other things to do"

"Yes, just forget about that now" she replied him and made a U- turn leading into Bode's street

...to be continued

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:53pm On May 14, 2015
Queening:
you have not answered my question
cheesy I only know you on Nairaland
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by eraddee: 12:19am On May 15, 2015
for more stories visit www.darestorytime..com
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by hadease(m): 7:24am On May 15, 2015
i tink dere is repeatition of d word"then that means its either of you THAT USED the knife" tanks for d update

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (39) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story / The Reluctant Bride / First Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.