Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,066 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? (34752 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
An2elect2:

You want to know truth? Christians are saved by grace! This is something that no one can earn! You can't work for it! If that happens salvation ceases to be by grace.

The reason we repent is because we are saved! Confession of sins do not remit us of our sins! that is done by the blood of Jesus!

Your example is a typical one always raised by those who falsely teach salvation can be lost. You raise it because you know nothing about God and the truth. Its mystical to you and unbelievable.

If in any case this kind of thing ever happens, yes the believer is saved cos his/her salvation is not based on works or how much he/she has done but on the completed work of Christ on the cross.

Thanks for the response.

Suppose the sin was manslaughter ?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
An2elect2:

You want to know truth? Christians are saved by grace! This is something that no one can earn! You can't work for it! If that happens salvation ceases to be by grace.

The reason we repent is because we are saved! Confession of sins do not remit us of our sins! that is done by the blood of Jesus!

Your example is a typical one always raised by those who falsely teach salvation can be lost. You raise it because you know nothing about God and the truth. Its mystical to you and unbelievable.

If in any case this kind of thing ever happens, yes the believer is saved cos his/her salvation is not based on works or how much he/she has done but on the completed work of Christ on the cross.

Great post. Unfortunately for him , GRACE is the only thing he has not tried.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
5solas:

Great post. Unfortunately for him , GRACE is the only thing he has not tried.

Read Romans 6, it may open your eyes - smiley
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by An2elect2(f): 9:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Thanks for the response.

Suppose the sin was manslaughter ?

Sin is sin! you!
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
An2elect2:

Sin is sin! you!

So you agree with me then that the catholic church, Deeperlife church, redeemed Christian church , Methodist church etc ,are all PREACHING THE WRONG DOCTRINE on the possibility of losing one's salvation ?

Thanks.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

The bible is not about isms, it is a pointer ( in some respects ) to Christ.

Your damnable heresies of 'once saved always saved' , ' limited atonement ' and 'original sin' would have been laughable had it not been for the great delusions and confusion it has wrought in the 'assembly of God.

Isms are like definitions / concepts, they help us explain ourselves in few words.
The labour of your hands cannot fulfill the demands of the law, God must save you and He alone.
frosbel:

You need to repent, take a u-turn and go back to the TRUTH !
Are you serious? Please take your own advice. Start by believing the Bible. Consider and behold the height from which you've fallen!
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by An2elect2(f): 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

So you agree with me then that the catholic church, Deeperlife church, redeemed Christian church , Methodist church etc ,are all PREACHING THE WRONG DOCTRINE on the possibility of losing one's salvation ?

Thanks.

It cant get truer than this. And am not afraid to say yes.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
An2elect2:

It cant get truer than this. And am not afraid to say yes.

Explain your response in the context of Ezekiel 18:24.

Thanks.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
5solas:

Are you serious? Please take your own advice. Start by believing the Bible. Consider and behold the height from which you've fallen!

I thought no one could fall in your ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED theology
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Thanks.
Yes! But note that ''once saved, always saved'' is a conclusion, based on the facts of our salvation. So that a denomination does not arrive at this conclusion does not mean that they don't have elements of the truth. Where the truth is preached , you will always reach that conclusion.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

I thought no one could fall in your ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED theology
Saved or not, you fell from believing the whole of the Bible! This is a great fall!
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
5solas:

Saved or not, you fell from believing the whole of the Bible! This is a great fall!

Is belief in a book or a person ?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
5solas:

Yes! But note that ''once saved, always saved'' is a conclusion, based on the facts of our salvation. So that a denomination does not arrive at this conclusion does not mean that they don't have elements of the truth. Where the truth is preached , you will always reach that conclusion.

Foul to the bolded !

I was a worker in both churches and once saved always saved was deemed to be heresy.

It's a black and white situation you see, no straddling on the fence is permitted.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
You fell in particular from believing the virgin birth, that there is a hell, the trinity, e.t.c

I wonder where you place Christ, divine or human or both?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
5solas:
You fell in particular from believing the virgin birth, that there is a hell, the trinity, e.t.c

I wonder where you place Christ, divine or human or both?

Is belief in a book or person ??

Also , can you show me from the entire SOLA SCRIPTURA where ANY of the Apostles said we MUST believe in the VIRGIN BIRTH and TRINITY as a precondition of salvation.

Please show me, no dilly dallying.

Thanks.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Foul to the bolded !

I was a worker in both churches and once saved always saved was deemed to be heresy.

It's a black and white situation you see, no straddling on the fence is permitted.

You lacked the Spirit and faith. And that a person can be lost is a dogma you will probably die with, except God gives the grace.
I doubt you have ever used your brain with respect to this teaching!
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by An2elect2(f): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Explain your response in the context of Ezekiel 18:24.

Thanks.
Okay.

The summary of that passage is: the righteous man who turns from his sins and does iniquity and all kinds of abominations will die in his sins and his righteous works wont be remembered.

Do you know there are two dispensations: of the law and of Grace ? Under the law men were judged by their works/righteous deeds. But did any keep the law?

Notice that passage talks about his righteousness not someone else' You keep a law, you must keep the rest.
You start obeying the law? you must finish.

Can't you see! man can't keep the law. The law was the criteria used in determining who was righteous before God.

How can you trust in a righteousness that is not guaranteeing?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
5solas:

You lacked the Spirit and faith. And that a person can be lost is a dogma you will probably die with, except God gives the grace.
I doubt you have ever used your brain with respect to this teaching!

grin

Brother ( yes you are my brother ), let's park this for now, we will laugh it over when we inherit the new Jerusalem ( you will be surprised ).

I beg to differ all the same.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Is belief in a book or person ??

Also , can you show me from the entire SOLA SCRIPTURA where ANY of the Apostles said we MUST believe in the VIRGIN BIRTH and TRINITY as a precondition of salvation.

Please show me, no dilly dallying.

Thanks.
Don't leave the subject matter, you once believed in them, you no longer do, if there are true, then you fell. Even if not from salvation.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
5solas:

Don't leave the subject matter, you once believed in them, you no longer do, if there are true, then you fell. Even if not from salvation.

You dodged the question again, let me repeat in rephrased mode ;

Is there anywhere in ALL the Letters of Paul, Peter, Jude , James, Acts of the Apostles and Revelations where people were obliged to believe in a VIRGIN BIRTH or TRINITY as a pre-condition for salvation, in fact where these concepts even mentioned ?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by PastorAIO: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
5solas:

I used to think that santa Claus was real but then I fell.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

grin

grin grin grin

frosbel:

grin

Brother ( yes you are my brother ), let's park this for now, we will laugh it over when we inherit the new Jerusalem ( you will be surprised ).

I beg to differ all the same.
Alright, but I am going through the thread; so you will get more comments from me.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
PastorAIO:

I used to think that santa Claus was real but then I fell.

If Santa Claus exists, then you fell indeed.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by PastorAIO: 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
You've hit the nail on the end. 'if' santa exists. Now think, does Santa exist?

5solas:

If Santa Claus exists, then you fell indeed.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
[quote author=An2elect2 post=29464987]
Okay.

The summary of that passage is: the righteous man who turns from his sins and does iniquity and all kinds of abominations will die in his sins and his righteous works wont be remembered.

Perfect, we are aligned so far.

Do you know there are two dispensations: of the law and of Grace ? Under the law men were judged by their works/righteous deeds. But did any keep the law?

No.

Grace was also available in the OT - Read ; Psalm 45:2 , Isaiah 26:10 , Zechariah 12:10.

Notice that passage talks about his righteousness not someone else' You keep a law, you must keep the rest.
You start obeying the law? you must finish.

I think Revelation 21:8 disagrees with this stance.

Can't you see! man can't keep the law. The law was the criteria used in determining who was righteous before God.

Man can keep the Law by the Spirit of God as loudly proclaimed in Romans 8:1-4

How can you trust in a righteousness that is not guaranteeing

If we remain in Christ, his Spirit remains with us and we overcome, if we go away from Christ like Demas his Spirit departs from us and we fall.

I think John 15:2 explains this quite vividly.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esdb2: 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Impossicant, God is real and so is Christ.

But what advice do you want to give me as a former brother, should I stop all research and quit listening to these ex-christian pastors who are also professors ?

Should I ignore glaring contradictions and accept them by faith as the truth ?

Please give me some advice.
dude trust me I know what you feel. What I did in my case was stop and started tailoring my life towards christ so I'll make heaven and Ask lots of question. There are somethings that needs to be accepted blindly its just how everything works
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
PastorAIO:
You've hit the nail on the end. 'if' santa exists. Now think, does Santa exist?

No. I don't have to think. grin
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esdb2: 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Impossicant, God is real and so is Christ.

But what advice do you want to give me as a former brother, should I stop all research and quit listening to these ex-christian pastors who are also professors ?

Should I ignore glaring contradictions and accept them by faith as the truth ?

Please give me some advice.
dude trust me I know what you feel. What I did in my case was stop and started tailoring my life towards christ so I'll make heaven and Ask lots of question. There are somethings that needs to be accepted blindly its just how everything works. Am the same esdb of before I was banned
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

You dodged the question again, let me repeat in rephrased mode ;

Is there anywhere in ALL the Letters of Paul, Peter, Jude , James, Acts of the Apostles and Revelations where people were obliged to believe in a VIRGIN BIRTH or TRINITY as a pre-condition for salvation, in fact where these concepts even mentioned ?
You are missing the point. The subject matter is, if not believing in them anymore constitute a fall, if they are true.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
esdb2:
dude trust me I know what you feel. What I did in my case was stop and started tailoring my life towards christ so I'll make heaven and Ask lots of question. There are somethings that needs to be accepted blindly its just how everything works. Am the same esdb of before I was banned
True, they must be room for faith.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
5solas:

You are missing the point. The subject matter is, if not believing in them anymore constitute a fall, if they are true.

Does it ? And if yes, show me where this stance is supported in SOLA SCRIPTURA !
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by 5solas(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Does it ? And if yes, show me where this stance is supported in SOLA SCRIPTURA !
You delight in going in circles! It does! That's why I said you fell. Not from grace! I believe you have never had that!
How do I begin? How can we compare Scripture with Scripture when you believe part of Scripture is wrong?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Nathaniel Bassey, Dunsin Oyekan, Mercy Chinwo, Peter Obi At Unusual Praise 2022 / Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) / A Muslim Guy Rejected The New N100 Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.