Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,051 members, 7,810,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? (34648 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by plaetton: 9:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

Yes my christian boko haram persecutor grin

Real boko haram.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:
I want to correct some charges that have been brought against me by many religious people on this forum, suggesting that I am an atheist for debunking their myths and contradictions.

I am not an Atheist.

Of course there is God but I am sincerely beginning to doubt that he is the God of the Christian religion.

I have found out that almost 80% of what I learnt as a Christian is either an outright lie, a frabication or a heavy dose of scripture twisting.

Most of you know how fanatical I was a few years ago , fighting for the trinity , hell fire, Virgin birth etc . Well ever since I embarked on a crash course in bible history , it is only God who has prevented my faith from crashing.

No one who reads the truth will deny that there are fundamental issues with a lot of bible stories and scripture. To suggest otherwise makes one a liar and participant in the misrepresentation of God's truth.

I agree with the overall message of the bible ( for there are many truths therein ) , but I cannot agree that it is word of a God when taken as a whole. This is just plain fallacy. Yes , God through his Spirit speaks to us and agrees with the truths he has revealed without which almost everything will become suspect.

I am still learning and now reading a book titled ' The Authentic Gospel of Jesus ' by late Geza Vermes, Professor Emeritus of Jewish studies at Oxford university. He was a former catholic priest. I am also an avid reader of articles by Bart Ehrmn Professor of Religious studies at the University of North Carolina. Bart was a former Evangelical Pastor.

What I have discovered is shocking and not for the faint hearted.

To be honest , I don't know where my quest and thirst for more knowledge will take me , sometimes I am scared, but this search will continue and my results will be shared wth you my good friends and of course enemies on this forum grin.

In summary , I am not an atheist and can never be one , not in this life or the next.

I am now an unfundamental thinking believer of Yeshua or Jesus.
You can't search for God with your head but with your heart.
You can't understand God with your wisdom or by acquiring reasonable knowledge but by the Spirit and by humility.
"Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise." (1Cor 3:18)

You can't disregard God's word and say you still believe in God because God is His word.
Yes there are a lot of things we don't understand about the Bible but the greatest wisdom is to accept that your carnal little mind can't understand spiritual things but as you feed on the life of God and grow center things will become clear to you yet you won't know everything.
All you have to do is trust God and desperately seek to know things that you need to know and leave the remaining for God.

Learn to listen to your heart not your confused mind which is rambled with uncertain knowledge.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Obi901: 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
@Frosbel

It is good you are asking these questions, because truly the road to heaven is a narrow way for the bold and courageous ( it is even stated in the bible). It is not when you're "dead" you become Bold and Adventuresome, this means the courageous once can access heaven right Now in this life. What am saying is in your research don't just swallow everything you read in a book. You are Soul a child of God. With Love and honesty in your heart, you can make contact with Spirit and ask these questions or you can even ask Jesus. The foundation of Most Orthodox religions is based on spiritual encounters their saints had with spiritual beings, but directly or indirectly they don't encourage their followers to have these experiences. I don't know why. I was like you, I did my research for about 3 years. It was fun but later I made the bold step and asked the Holy Spirit to show me truth. Remember to have an open heart because the answers might not be what you expect ( not for the faint hearted to put it like you grin). All the best brother, may the blessings be.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Ifeann(f): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:
I want to correct some charges that have been brought against me by many religious people on this forum, suggesting that I am an atheist for debunking their myths and contradictions.

I am not an Atheist.

Of course there is God but I am sincerely beginning to doubt that he is the God of the Christian religion.

I have found out that almost 80% of what I learnt as a Christian is either an outright lie, a frabication or a heavy dose of scripture twisting.

Most of you know how fanatical I was a few years ago , fighting for the trinity , hell fire, Virgin birth etc . Well ever since I embarked on a crash course in bible history , it is only God who has prevented my faith from crashing.

No one who reads the truth will deny that there are fundamental issues with a lot of bible stories and scripture. To suggest otherwise makes one a liar and participant in the misrepresentation of God's truth.

I agree with the overall message of the bible ( for there are many truths therein ) , but I cannot agree that it is word of a God when taken as a whole. This is just plain fallacy. Yes , God through his Spirit speaks to us and agrees with the truths he has revealed without which almost everything will become suspect.

I am still learning and now reading a book titled ' The Authentic Gospel of Jesus ' by late Geza Vermes, Professor Emeritus of Jewish studies at Oxford university. He was a former catholic priest. I am also an avid reader of articles by Bart Ehrmn Professor of Religious studies at the University of North Carolina. Bart was a former Evangelical Pastor.

To be honest , I don't know where my quest and thirst for more knowledge will take me , sometimes I am scared, but this search will continue and my results will be shared wth you my good friends and of course enemies on this forum grin.

In summary , I am not an atheist and can never be one , not in this life or the next.

Hello frobel,
I want to let you know that so many of the "theories" and assertions by the very brilliant Bart Ehrmn, R. Darwin, etc have been torn apart by brilliant Christian apologists like Dr mike licona, Dr David wood(ex athiest), Sam shamonun(ex Muslim), Robert spenser etc
Bart Ehrmn's arguments don't hold water under serious scrutiny. If you believe God exists, he is none other than the christain God.

Almost every new testament scholar ( including atheists and moslems) believes Jesus existed. They may disagree on his divinity but they acknowledge he walked this earth.

Now what I want to ask you is how can a humble carpenter born 2000years ago and who was in his 30s crucified and who's followers proclaimed his divinity unflinchingly till their bloody deaths... change the history of the world in the way he has.
If you still doubt me turn to Matthew 11 verse 25 or the synoptic parallel Luke 10 verse 21

Ponder on that my friend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
johnydon22:
frosbel since you now know that the gospels were written many years after christ and by unknown authors who didnt even know him or seen him and you have agreed on the fabrications in the new testament.. how then do you still believe in christ knowing well that most thing u know about him is untrue and mythical fabrications grin grin
People that wrote the Gospel are of the same generation with Jesus. They all know him. Go and study the history properly.

Like I have told you before your knowledge about Christianity are bias. Let me help you.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by honourhim: 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

Yes my christian boko haram persecutor grin

grin
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
Frosbel...I believe it is good that you have researched about your faith....I did the same and found the very same thing you did.
Now you have a choice of what to do with the knowledge....keep quite and let people believe this dishonesty or speak out and correct this problem..
I'll leave you to make your own choices though....an advise would be to keep learning and finding out if what you had once found to be true about the world is what you're told it is.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by honourhim: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
PastorKun:

The fact that a man questions his beliefs does not make him an atheist. If you have never questioned your beliefs, you can't obviously know what you believe in.

Mr defender we all question. His own has passed questioning so stop defending.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

Starting with the ones you know and that I hold to be myth ;

- trinity
- Virgin birth
- hell fire and heaven
- tithes and offerings
- compulsory church attendance
- one pastor leadership model

These ones are bad enough, but the most serious ones are attempts by some gospel writers to tie their accounts to prophecies that do not exist , are half-complete or not related in any form or shape. None of the gospel writers were eye witnesses of the events surrounding Jesus , they were mostly anonymous authors who took on the name of popular people like Matthew , John etc.

The oldest gospel is Mark around 70ad with Matthew and Luke following and lastly John. John's gospel imbibed elements of gnosticism and Hellenistic belief to tell the story of Jesus to a mostly Greek audience. Matthew no doubt copied from Mark and made some refinements , many of which were presumptuous interpolations to deify Jesus and remove Mark's tendency to make Jesus look like he did not know everything. The account of Jesus's death and resurrection are not aligned and portray serious inconsistencies that cannot be overlooked.

I am still studying and will form a final summary of my findings and stance in the near future.

I still believe in Christ as the Messiah and his ultimate resurrection purely because of Paul. Paul's letters predate the gospels and were written nearer to the time of Jesus by as much as 20 years or so. This means he must have had real contact with the original apostles as he states , and was the one person who was able to articulate the whole concept of Jesus's death, burial, resurrection and purpose into a logical sequence of events pointing to the good news and God's ultimate plan for mankind.

By the way Peter did not write the epistles of Peter because he was an unlettered fisherman considering that the epistle was written in classic Greek which only the elites of that day could do.

Too many to mention, I am still going on ........".
I have done so research myself but what you have here is false. Study deeper and compare different historian views concerning these issues.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hiswordxray:

I have done so research myself but what you have here is false. Study deeper and compare different historian views concerning these issues.
or rather you want him to lean onto those who support the fallacies and create apologetics to it.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
honourhim:

Mr defender we all question. His own has passed questioning so stop defending.
so there's a limit to asking questions when it comes to religion?...let me ask you a question,would you opt for the sweetest lie or the most horrendous truth?

5 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
davien:
or rather you want him to lean onto those who support the fallacies and create apologetics to it.. undecided
I want him to seek for the truth. And when he had learn that there are so many contradicting views he would turn inward for answers.
This is exactly what I have been trying to tell you - the truth is not something out there but it is something inward.
What is out there is diverse and confusing but we can be sure of what is in our heart.

What is in our heart is a hunger for God, a desire to pursue God and an ability to humble ourselves and believe in God even when we don't understand him.
Stop living in the world of confusion and contradiction but turn inward and find the truth.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
davien:
Frosbel...I believe it is good that you have researched about your faith....I did the same and found the very same thing you did.
Now you have a choice of what to do with the knowledge....keep quite and let people believe this dishonesty or speak out and correct this problem..
I'll leave you to make your own choices though....an advise would be to keep learning and finding out if what you had once found to be true about the world is what you're told it is.
I thought you said the reason why you left Christianity is because God stole your lunch grin
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hiswordxray:

I want him to seek for the truth. And when he had learn that there are so many contradicting views he would turn inward for answers.
This is exactly what I have been trying to tell you - the truth is not something out there but it is something inward.
What is out there is diverse and confusing but we can be sure of what is in our heart.

What is in our heart is a hunger for God, a desire to pursue God and an ability to humble ourselves and believe in God even when we don't understand him.
Stop living in the world of confusion and contradiction but turn inward and find the truth.
And I have told you that you aren't looking for truth whatsoever because you are preaching and you have never even for a moment doubted your belief..
You tell people to look "inward for truth" when you really mean you want them to make themselves believe again...
Hiswordxray if objective evidence goes against a subjective "truth"...what would you do?...

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hiswordxray:

I thought you said the reason why you left Christianity is because God stole your lunch grin
That was sarcasm...of which I told you it was when you had asked...
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by lastmessenger: 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
It is good to search for knowledge and question things that you don't understand but like some one has rightly said the Christian faith is a spiritual work and not a carnal work. I am personally convinced that you don't need a bible to know God and Jesus Christ because during nascist regim in Romania men knew God even without reading bible.
The first step in knowing who God is to believe in his son Jesus Christ who is the Saviour of all mankind.
Frosbel like Paul you can have an encounter with Jesus Christ. I believe Christ can appear to you like he did appear to Paul if you seek him with a sincere heart. Those books may be telling lies cos every book is written by men and they all have their preconceived notion in writing those books.
My simple advice is for you to go spiritual you may be lucky to have Jesus or an angel sent to you to clarify you.
Goodluck in your quest for the truth. You are different from the rest.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
davien:
That was sarcasm...of which I told you it was when you had asked...
No that is the first step of you telling me the truth.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by paulGrundy(m): 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

I am not an Atheist.

[size=21pt]Of course there is God but I am sincerely beginning to doubt that he is the God of the Christian religion[/size].

angry angry angry

Enough of this mockery of christainity!! Frosbel Enough!!

Its no longer funny.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hiswordxray:

No that is the first step of you telling me the truth.
This is the underlying problem I have with theists,I tell you plainly something and you take it according to how you feel it is....
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by mumumugu(m): 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

I am not an Atheist.

CONGRATULATIONS

YOU ARE WELCOME TO THE LEAGUE OF CONFUSED NAIRALANDERS.

AS THE OLLOWU OF CONFUSED THEIST, I HEREBY CONFER ON YOU THE MUUMUU 1 OF RELIGION SECTION.

OUR PRESIDENT IS UYI IREDIA

I AM THE SECOND IN COMMAND

welcome to our world

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
davien:
This is the underlying problem I have with theists,I tell you plainly something and you take it according to how you feel it is....
Well, keep running away from the truth it is not going to help issues.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by mumumugu(m): 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
davien:
so there's a limit to asking questions when it comes to religion?...let me ask you a question,would you opt for the sweetest lie or the most horrendous truth?

prefer to be ignorant
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
mumumugu:

prefer to be ignorant
lol....okay.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Well, keep running away from the truth it is not going to help issues.
Are you so deep in your own confirmation bias or is this a joke?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
davien:
Are you so deep in your own confirmation bias or is this a joke?
Have you become so good in hiding from the truth or is this a joke?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 10:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Have you become so good in hiding from the truth or is this a joke?
One question would tear your "truth" to shambles....is it objective?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
davien:
One question would tear your "truth" to shambles....is it objective?
Totally objective but some pretend not to know the truth just like I pretend not to know that everybody have thought.

I am only trying to tell you to stop playing the pretence game, it doesn't help nor make you look smart.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by honourhim: 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
davien:

MY dear you dont understand what i'm saying about him. It makes no meaning for one to disbelieve in virgin birth because it is against scientific/logical reasoning yet the same person believes in the resurrection of the dead which is also against scientific/logical reasoning.
To question one and not question the other while it is on the same basis of faith in the power of God that both stands is no reasonable questioning at all.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 11:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Totally objective but some pretend not to know the truth just like I pretend not to know that everybody have thought.

I am only trying to tell you to stop playing the pretence game, it doesn't help nor make you look smart.
If it is totally objective...why do you read it for subjective contexts?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
davien:
If it is totally objective...why do you read it for subjective contexts?
Well, I think I had answered that question before.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
frosbel:

It's official! Pigs can now fly!

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 11:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Well, I think I had answered that question before.
Nope...how is something totally objective viewed through subjective contexts?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? / Eid-el-kabir: Church Distributes Food, Cash To Muslims In Kaduna State (photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.