Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,943 members, 7,841,623 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice (7014 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror / Re: Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:12am On Dec 26, 2008
And it does not occur to you that I too am speaking the truth as I know it too?
Which question did you ask?
Re: Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:13am On Dec 26, 2008
And it does not occur to you that I too am speaking the truth as I know it too?
Which question did you ask?
Re: Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice by mazaje(m): 1:45am On Dec 26, 2008
davidylan:

to pretend that all you do is "try to reason" is laughable. Where have you "tried to reason"?

I suppose the reason most christian folks no longer bother is the levity with which you people take the freedom to gravely insult a personality that we revere with our very lives.

Would YOU HYPOCRITES DARE to insult mohammed the way you do?

why do you hypocrite insult mohammed and allah? you have done that so many times but you shamelessly claim you are telling the moslems the truth? what truth? grin grin grin we insult your own deity and you get mad and fight us off  grin grin grin grin i thought you serve a god that is all powerful and can fight all his battles himself? why are you fighting his battles for him? why don't you pray to him to finish us off? is it that you actually prayed and it never worked?
Re: Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice by Nimshi: 4:22am On Dec 26, 2008
omonla wrote: Oh believe me, the mass extermination that is coming will make Hitler look like a saint.
Hope you don't consider that to be a positive thing; isn't there something familiar about gods and worshippers relishing the flow of blood and the smell of death? The Aztecs would hold out a pulsing human heart to the sun; that's nothing I'll suppose, to mass extermination of people who don't agree with you; or, is it?

omonla wrote: Why would anyone believe in such a God? Because it is not His choice that anyone should be 'offed' like that. The people getting exterminated are the ones who chose to be exterminated in said manner.

O, c'mon! God has no choice? God, no choice? That's insulting to the Almighty. Aren't you shortening his hand? Aren't you underestimating His imagination? It's unworthy of any Christian to paint God as having no choice. when Moses reasoned with God about mass murder, God changed his mind. No, it's not the choice of those to be exterminated; the responsibility must be put firmly where it belongs: with the exterminators and those justifying the extermination.

omonla wrote: This Judgement means that every person who shunned the chance to check out what God is truly about now, is choosing to spend eternity without Him. If not eternity with God, your other option is eternity with satan. This is worse than what Hitler could have done to you. But why blame God for the pain of spending eternity with satan in 'extermination'?

Surely, there'll be something in between? This thing you've written here is against everything that's fair: just two firm results for a who lot of humans. What about those who had no option to choose: the child who died shortly after birth? The exceptional ones amongst us? Those who lived in lands who never heard of Jesus? Should it count if a baby was born to atheist parents? Or someone born into a Muslim home? Would your version of god factor these into the iron clad opposite rewards? Have you not made God in the image of the imagination of your own mind?

omonla wrote: People who poke fun at Him now are expressly choosing, of their own free will, to be judged in that way - To be separated from Him for ever. Exterminated.

That's one hell of a punishment: death for humour; sounds like harsh, extreme and inhuman punishment. Why do you paint your god so? Surely, God has a better face; God couldn't be a bloodthirsty, unreasoning, death-threatening being; you're insulting God by painting him like a psychopath; that isn't God.

omonla wrote: It is written: Do not fear him who can kill the body; but rather, fear Him Who can condemn both soul and body to Hell.

So, who's this person? God, or Satan, or Other?

omonla wrote: So don't fear Hitler. He was a mere man.

So your version of god shouldn't be feared too; no?

omonla wrote:[/b]I conclude that you shouldn't argue the extermination. Afterall, you would prefer not to be around Jesus, no? Then I would surmise that it is fair to be separated from Him, and be exterminated into satan's domain forever.

Your conclusion is, again, premature; we'll hope your version of god is way more careful. Now, the Jesus of the OT appears to be a reasonable fellow, able to reason, and amendable to logic; heck, he had a decent conversation with Satan. So Jesus, unlike what you're mutating to in your responses, appears to be a person able to have a conversation without resorting to death threats; sounds like a swell guy to be around; how could a fellow like me refuse such company?

[b]omonla wrote: So God is wicked, you are saying. Why would anyone serve Him? I would ask you this: Why would anyone not serve Him when they know He loves them enough to the point of allowing them to choose for themselves whether they want to be 'exterminated' or not?

You have definitely misunderstood. No problem here with anyone serving God; nope. Heck, serve anything you want. Do it. But don't issue death threats to other humans; and it's unreasonable to project your version and interpretation of God on all of the universe; He is your God, and you have an image of his qualities; fine. Have a discussion, away with the death threats.

And, it's quite a shame that you're serving God because you don't want to be exterminated; God shouldn't like that very much.

omonla wrote: Let every man work out his own salvation with fear and trembling. You have made your choice. I have made mine. We will all live, and die, with our choices.

It's all about life and death, right? We'll see what you guys will make of the earth when all the smart inventors and thinkers who don't believe in your faith are gone. Were God to have the time to read your comments, he'll be shaking his head and wondering what could have spurned the sort of confusion being spewed forth here.
Re: Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice by Omonla(f): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2008
Nimshi:

Hope you don't consider that to be a positive thing; isn't there something familiar about gods and worshippers relishing the flow of blood and the smell of death? The Aztecs would hold out a pulsing human heart to the sun; that's nothing I'll suppose, to mass extermination of people who don't agree with you; or, is it?

O, c'mon! God has no choice? God, no choice? That's insulting to the Almighty. Aren't you shortening his hand? Aren't you underestimating His imagination? It's unworthy of any Christian to paint God as having no choice. when Moses reasoned with God about mass murder, God changed his mind. No, it's not the choice of those to be exterminated; the responsibility must be put firmly where it belongs: with the exterminators and those justifying the extermination.

Surely, there'll be something in between? This thing you've written here is against everything that's fair: just two firm results for a who lot of humans. What about those who had no option to choose: the child who died shortly after birth? The exceptional ones amongst us? Those who lived in lands who never heard of Jesus? Should it count if a baby was born to atheist parents? Or someone born into a Muslim home? Would your version of god factor these into the iron clad opposite rewards? Have you not made God in the image of the imagination of your own mind?

That's one hell of a punishment: death for humour; sounds like harsh, extreme and inhuman punishment. Why do you paint your god so? Surely, God has a better face; God couldn't be a bloodthirsty, unreasoning, death-threatening being; you're insulting God by painting him like a psychopath; that isn't God.

So, who's this person? God, or Satan, or Other?

So your version of god shouldn't be feared too; no?

Your conclusion is, again, premature; we'll hope your version of god is way more careful. Now, the Jesus of the OT appears to be a reasonable fellow, able to reason, and amendable to logic; heck, he had a decent conversation with Satan. So Jesus, unlike what you're mutating to in your responses, appears to be a person able to have a conversation without resorting to death threats; sounds like a swell guy to be around; how could a fellow like me refuse such company?

You have definitely misunderstood. No problem here with anyone serving God; nope. Heck, serve anything you want. Do it. But don't issue death threats to other humans; and it's unreasonable to project your version and interpretation of God on all of the universe; He is your God, and you have an image of his qualities; fine. Have a discussion, away with the death threats.

And, it's quite a shame that you're serving God because you don't want to be exterminated; God shouldn't like that very much.

It's all about life and death, right? We'll see what you guys will make of the earth when all the smart inventors and thinkers who don't believe in your faith are gone. Were God to have the time to read your comments, he'll be shaking his head and wondering what could have spurned the sort of confusion being spewed forth here.

Well, Nimshi, I suppose I would have to write about each statement you quoted above, and expound on it a little more. However, I discern that it would be an exercise in futility. As I stated to atheists or God-mockers on this thread or other threads, let every man live as he deems fit. As I also wrote on another thread, for it is written, "They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts."

You state, your interpretation of what I wrote, that "God is bloodthirsty, a punisher, 'it's 'all about life and death', God has no choice, the exterminators are those justifying the extermination' etc. It takes longer than a few minutes on a board to discuss God. You can't break Him down into something that suits you, or suits what you would rather believe. I have not written anything that suits me. Before I became a believer, it suited me, of course, not to believe in God. But afterwards, I see that I am better off holding God in awe. Does this 'suit me'? I can attest that I am better off for it, and has nothing to do with suitability. If I am better off, then suitability is no longer an issue. The atheists call this 'tyranny.' Either God is a tyrant that you must believe in, or He has no power because He gives you the choice to believe or not. He can't be both, they say.

I ask - Why not? If He is all powerful, He can decide that He wants us to have a choice. Because it is within His all-powerful ability to do it. He can also decide that He doesn't want us to have choices i.e. We just have to blindly follow Him. But He didn't do that. Because He has the power to be a tyrant - Or to withhold Himself. When He withholds Himself by giving choices, don't mistake it for weakness. A Dad can decide to give his kid a small piece of chocolate after dinner. Or not. If he doesn't give the kid the choice to eat the chocolate, He is still the parent. If he tells the kid, "Go ahead, pick whatever chocolate flavor you want", that Dad is still the parent. Giving the kid a choice - Or going all tyrant on him, will not diminish the fact of the parenthood. It still amazes me that some argue that it is not possible for God to be both: Why not? He is bigger than what you think possible, so in that respect, you may never understand the puzzle, because you choose not to. It feels better not to, eh?

There is life - And there is death. This is one thing guaranteed to us all. What will happen to us all after death? Depends. Choices. Are people who mock God now, going to be separated from Him for eternity, 'exterminated'? YES. I did not make this up to suit me. Maybe one day, you will understand. Maybe you never will. Ostensibly, I may not even be able to finish discussing this thing of extermination into satan's domain in my lifetime.

I will address something you stated, however, because it covers everything you have written - The one related to people agreeing with me about the mass extermination. If you re-read the things I have written on these threads, you will note that I indicated that I do not care if the God- mockers believe in His existence or not (i.e. agree), or the destiny that is to come for those who shun Him. This is your prerogative. Believe. Or do not believe. It is not my place nor my concern to care about your decisions. I am a human living this Earth, saved by Jesus, changed to one who holds God in awe. I do not anticipate that I could spoon-feed you with the things I know or have seen about God, that made me bow in humility and admit - Yes: Jesus is Lord.

You also stated "So my (Omonla) version of God shouldn't be feared too?" You derived this from what I said about: 'So do not fear Hitler. He was a mere man.' Please re-read this sentence I wrote about Hitler. Or not. See if it sounds like I said God should not be feared. I cannot comprehend how you obtained that interpretation.

This one thing I do know - There are many people on here, who have a pompous, 'I-know-better' that there is no God, and I am more intelligent than the fools who choose to believe (their words, and their views, not mine, let me point out). To them I say: God speed. It is, however written: "The fool hath said in his heart: There is no God."

Finally, it IS about life and death. There is one thing certain for us all, on Nairaland, on Earth. We are all going to die one day. When, where, how, nobody knows. But I will not make you 'see things my way' i.e there is a God. It is not my way. It is truth. It is something you will have to see for yourself. Either in this life - Or when your life is over.

God speed, Nimshi.
Re: Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice by Lady2(f): 5:19am On Dec 27, 2008
Lady can you back up your claim please.

what claim?
Re: Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice by Lady2(f): 5:20am On Dec 27, 2008
This is a tacit admission that the Bible cannot in fact be the undiluted word of God. If all Biblical stories were written based on the knowledge of the writer - mostly ancient uneducated nomads -  one can only begin to imagine the amount of error and wrong perception that must exist in the Bible. 

it is either you don't know what it is to be inspired or you don't know history and the behaviours and thinking of people that live through time. pls tell me what has ever been written that is not based on the knowledge of the writer.
Re: Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice by samsonyah: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sure would be nice if people would study the SCRIPTURES before they open BIG MOUTHS and spew crap out. OH well guess they dont know better. Like little babys ignorant and slow. LOL
Re: Why Do Christians Lie That God Doesnt Condone Killing And Accept Human Sacrifice by samsonyah: 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
The fact that you are not loving shows your true feelings and they are evil. We are commanded to love all people no matter what they hold to. Study to show your self...... get it! Wow I cant understand why people keep doing this. Get rid of selfishness and esteem others better than your self. WOW! what a mess. By the way muslims are wrong if we are talking Scriptures. YAHUSHA talked of love and forgivness mohomad Killed many people. I know you are going to tell me that so did christians and you are right thats because they did not listen to YAHUSHA and perverted his words. His words were love your enemys. Pray for those who hurt you. Return good for evil use that for your yardstick. STUDY BEFORE U OPEN YOUR BIG MOUTH. Love will always show who is who. No gray area here boys and girls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? / Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? / Why Do You Go To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.