Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? (6913 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Not Be Alive As A christian According To The Bible / 15 Ways To Choose A Wife According To The Bible / 16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 9:18am On Nov 19, 2023
A Christian is not someone who attends church meetings or someone born in a Christian home. A Christian is someone who has believed(convinced) in the resurrection of Christ Jesus from the dead. This person is saved from eternal condemnation.

Romans 10: 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

John 11:25-26

25: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The most important thing from the above texts is to believe in Jesus. What will you believe about him to be a Christian? you have to believe in his resurrection and by that you have acknowledge him as the messaih.

This is the only message of the Bible and the only way by which someone can be a Christian. A Christian is the same as being born again and means born again Christian– these are human terms used to describe a believer.

This is the only thing that makes someone a Christian, believing in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Let's check from the old testament writings to show that someone ONLY has to believe in the resurrection of Christ to be saved (a Christian)

Abraham believed in the resurrection of Jesus Christ as a promise and that was why he tried to sacrifice his son to God. He believed that God will surely raise his son, even he kill him.
He wasn't going to the alter with the mindset of killing and roasting his son.

Genesis 5:22

He(Abraham) said to his servants, “Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you.”

From the above text it's clear that Abraham who intend to kill his son told his servant he will return with his son.

Let's see how the author of Heberws explained this for better understanding:

Hebrews 11:17-19
17: By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18: Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
19: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

The son of Abraham was a figure of Jesus Christ.

Let's move to Noah and the ark.

In the days of Noah everyone who believed his preaching and entered into the ark were saved while those who didn't believe were outside and the all died(perished). The ark symbolize Jesus Christ– anyone who believe in his resurrection is saved.

The day of Jonah in the belley of the fish:

Matthew 12: 40

40: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jonah spent three days and three nights in the stomach of the fish the same way Jesus Christ spent three days and nights in the tomb.

All of the scenarios explained above are just to point to that to fact that, to be a Christian you have to believe in the resurrection of Jesus and by this you have acknowledge that he is the messiah.

Jesus explained the same thing to his deciples after he resurrected from the dead.

Luke 24:45-47

45: Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46:And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47:And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48: And ye are witnesses of these things.

Paul told the same thing to Timothy:

2 Timothy 3:15

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Faith here means believing in the resurrection of Jesus.

Therefore to be a Christian you have to believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead not only believing in him as one of those sent by God. You have to believe in your heart that he is Christ, the Messaih.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 9:27am On Nov 19, 2023
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Nfplmod Seun

Front page please

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Padipadi(m): 9:33am On Nov 19, 2023
Educative
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Momentofprayer: 9:36am On Nov 19, 2023
True smiley
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Righthussle: 9:43am On Nov 19, 2023
Religion is not my thing at all.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 10:00am On Nov 19, 2023
Righthussle:
Religion is not my thing at all.
Christianity is not a religion sir.
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Righthussle: 10:19am On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:

I guess it's a name of a football club or a political party.

20 Likes

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 10:26am On Nov 19, 2023
Righthussle:

I guess it's a football club then.
😂😆

Not at all
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Righteousness2(m): 11:34am On Nov 19, 2023
A Christian is one who Belives on the LORD JESUS CHRIST, Has surrendered his or her life to the LORD JESUS CHRIST and is living according to the Commandments of JESUS CHRIST.

According to the word of God, the Holy Bible,
A Christian is not a sinner and a sinner is not a Christian. 1 John 3:8-9

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:35am On Nov 19, 2023
Righteousness2:

All have sinned and fallen short of God's glory
We were born sinners
Rather, a Christian does not live as a sinner or a sinful life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 11:38am On Nov 19, 2023
Righteousness2:

The sin from where you coated is contextual, please read in context and do not start unnecessary argument!

How about Buddhists and moralists who don't believe in Jesus. They are not sinners are you saying they are Christians?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 11:45am On Nov 19, 2023
Aemmyjah:

All have sinned and fallen short of God's glory
We were born sinners
Rather, a Christian does not live as a sinner or a sinful life
You just coated out of context sir, the sin that all committed is different from what we define as sin now.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:
A Christian is not someone who attends church meetings or someone born in a Christian home. A Christian is someone who has believed(convinced) in the resurrection of Christ Jesus from the dead. This person is saved from eternal condemnation.
Romans 10: 9 ....
John 11:25-26....
John 3:16....For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
First and foremost, nothing of your religion of Christianity belongs anywhere in Scripture. undecided

As for what is written in John 3 vs 16, a conversation whose context begins and continues from John 3 vs 1 through verse 21, the world Jesus Christ spoke of clearly comprises of that which is those condemned of the children of Israel by God Himself. undecided

While in the desert, God sent snakes to kill the Israelites for complaining. And then God told Moses to lift a bronze snake proclaiming that those of the people of Israel bitten by the snakes(condemned to die) who would choose to look up at the bronze statue would be saved from death(condemnation of death), a sentence inflicted on them by God Himself.
4 The Israelites left Mount Hor and traveled on the road that goes to the Red Sea. They did this to go around the country of Edom. But the people became impatient.
5 They began complaining against God and Moses. The people said, “Why did you bring us out of Egypt? We will die here in the desert! There is no bread and no water! And we hate this terrible food!”
6 So the Lord sent poisonous snakes among the people. The snakes bit the people, and many of the Israelites died.
7 The people came to Moses and said, “We know that we sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray to the Lord. Ask him to take away these snakes.” So Moses prayed for them.
8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a bronze snake and put it on a pole. If anyone is bitten by a snake, that person should look at the bronze snake on the pole. Then that person will not die.”
9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it on a pole. Then when a snake bit anyone, that person looked at the bronze snake on the pole and lived. - Numbers 21 vs 4 - 9
Moses lifted the bronze snake, and those who looked at it lived. undecided

Jesus Christ told you in His Gospel that in much the same way that Moses lifted the snake in the desert for the people of Israel so also He too would be raised as a beacon for those among them who wished to live after being condemned to die by God.
14 “Moses lifted up the snake in the desert. It is the same with the Son of Man. He must be lifted up too.
15 Then everyone who believes in him can have eternal life.”
16 Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life.
17 God sent his Son into the world. He did not send him to judge the world guilty but to save the world through him. - John 3 vs 14-16
God is responsible for condemning the Israelites to perish in the grave — lost. And He, God sent Jesus Christ also sent Jesus Christ to save the same people... Israel, well those among them condemned to die of course. undecided

So, in essence, the world that Jesus Christ was sent to is the world that consists of those condemned of Israel aka the Lost sheep of Israel. Just as Jesus Christ made clear. undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
First and foremost, nothing of your religion of Christianity belongs anywhere in Scripture. undecided

As for what is written in John 3 vs 16, a conversation whose context begins and continues from John 3 vs 1 through verse 21, the world Jesus Christ spoke of clearly comprises of that which is those condemned of the children of Israel by God Himself. undecided

While in the desert, God sent snakes to kill the Israelites for complaining. And then God told Moses to lift a bronze snake proclaiming that those of the people of Israel bitten by the snakes(condemned to die) who would choose to look up at the bronze statue would be saved from death(condemnation of death), a sentence inflicted on them by God Himself.
Moses lifted the bronze snake, and those who looked at it lived. undecided

Jesus Christ told you in His Gospel that in much the same way that Moses lifted the snake in the desert for the people of Israel so also He too would be raised as a beacon for those among them who wished to live after being condemned to die by God.
God is responsible for condemning the Israelites to perish in the grave — lost. And He, God sent Jesus Christ also sent Jesus Christ to save the same people... Israel, well those among them condemned to die of course. undecided

So, in essence, the world that Jesus Christ was sent to is the world that consists of those condemned of Israel aka the Lost sheep of Israel. Just as Jesus Christ made clear. undecided

I don't understand all you've written here! Are you saying salvation is only for Israelites alone?
You are just emphazing on Israel.

Secondly, the part you coated, “that has Moses lifted up serpent in the desert and those that believed and look into it were saved”, even butress my explanation.

The serpent still symbolize Jesus Christ's resurrection. This is because him being hanged(serpent as symbol) and killed on the cross is a fact of his resurrection, is only the dead that can resurrect the living doesn't.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:
I don't understand all you've written here! Are you saying salvation is only for Israelites or the world?[/b] You are just emphazing on Israel.
■ Secondly, the part you coated, “that has Moses lifted up serpent in the desert and those that believed and look into it were saved”, even butress my explanation.
The serpent still symbolize Jesus Christ's resurrection. This is because him being hanged(serpent as symbol) and killed on the cross is a fact of his resurrection, is only the dead that can resurrect the living doesn't.
1. What I posted are the words of Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

2. Those words cannot buttress your point when your point does not align with that which Jesus Christ meant. undecided

3. The serpent does not such thing as you claim. In the wilderness, none of the Israelites had some sort of image of resurrection in their heads. They simply did as they were told to survive. Jesus Christ said "In the same way" ... very important to grasp the meaning of that so you do not allow your imagination to get ahead of you. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What I posted are the words of Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

2. Those words cannot buttress your point when your point does not align with that which Jesus Christ meant. undecided

3. The serpent does not such thing as you claim. In the wilderness, none of the Israelites had some sort of image of resurrection in their heads. They simply did as they were told to survive. Jesus Christ said "In the same way" ... very important to grasp the meaning of that so you do not allow your imagination to get ahead of you. undecided

Were you in the wilderness for you to know if they had the mentality of resurrection in their head?

Even if they don't have it, you can see clearly from my explanation that the serpent is a symbol of the resurrection of Christ. They may not have the understanding then but, they believed and looked at the serpent and were saved. The most important thing is that they believed the message and look unto the serpent, simple. Please don't bring up unnecessary argument 🤣🤣.
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:
Were you in the wilderness for you to know if they had the mentality of resurrection in their head?
■ Even if they don't have it, you can see clearly from my explanation that the serpent is a symbol of the resurrection of Christ.
■ They may not have the understanding then but, they believed and looked at the serpent and were saved. The most important thing is that they believed the message and look unto the serpent, simple. Please don't bring up unnecessary argument 🤣🤣.
1. Nowhere in the context of what is Numbers 21 vs 4 - 9 is a reference made to a supposed resurrection. undecided

2. This is a rubbish assertion given that even before He was resurrected, Jesus Christ assured His followers that He was God's Eternal life meaning He had Eternal life to give before that. ! undecided

3. The message Jesus Christ gave in John 3 vs 1 - 21 was regards being born-again though — redemption from the condemnation of sin aka Death. Nothing concerning your resurrection plot. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Nowhere in the context of what is Numbers 21 vs 4 - 9 is a reference made to a supposed resurrection. undecided

2. This is a rubbish assertion given that even before He was resurrected, Jesus Christ assured His followers that He was God's Eternal life meaning He had Eternal life to give before that. ! undecided

3. The message Jesus Christ gave in John 3 vs 1 - 21 was regards being born-again though — redemption from the condemnation of sin aka Death. Nothing concerning your resurrection plot. undecided

The message of eternal life like you have said has been before Jesus resurrection I mentioned Abraham above, this implies that you didn't really take your time to read and digest what I wrote properly.

However, I will summarize everything for you now, eternal life is plan of God that has been before the world began:

Titus1:2

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Ephesians 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

2 Timothy 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This was only manifested or fulfilled at Christ Jesus resurrection. Abraham, Moses, Noah, Jonah believed in hope but we have the reality now.

The reason why Jesus said Abraham saw his day and her rejoiced, his day is his resurrection.
. John 8: 58 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:
■ The message of eternal life like you have said has been before Jesus resurrection I mentioned Abraham above, this implies that you didn't really take your time to read and digest what I wrote properly. However, I will summarize everything for you now, eternal life is plan of God that has been before the world began: Titus1:2 ....Ephesians 1:4.... 2 Timothy 1:9 ...
This was only manifested or fulfilled at Christ Jesus resurrection. Abraham, Moses, Noah, Jonah believed in hope but we have the reality now.
■ The reason why Jesus said Abraham saw his day and her rejoiced, his day is his resurrection. . John 8: 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
1. Are you insinuating that Jesus Christ, the Eternal Life of God Himself, was not able to — against His proclamation— grant any man Eternal Life before He was resurrected from the dead? undecided

2. This has nothing to do with the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 or Numbers 21 vs 4-9. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:
It is nothing but a religion, I am afraid. A pyramid scheme in which those at the top thrive while those at the bottom struggle to make sense of their existence submerged in the numerous delusions fed to them by those above them. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
Aemmyjah:
All have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. We were born sinners. Rather, a Christian does not live as a sinner or a sinful life
Stop quoting in ignorance... undecided

For all(the evil people) have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God - Paul

In Romans 3 vs 10 - 18 Paul quotes from various parts of scripture in his attempt to explain to his brethren that they were in fact the wicked and evil generation to the destroyed by God. Yes, at that point in time, God's plan was to destroy the rest of Israel — the Nation of Judah aka the Jews— and that plan was heralded by the coming of Jesus Christ. Below, we see that what Paul wrote in that passage was of the evil people who were against God.

Romans 3 vs 10 - 12 quotes Psalm 53 where David writes about the evil people who do terrible things.
1 Only fools think there is no God. People like that are evil and do terrible things. They never do what is right.
2 God looks down from heaven to see if there is anyone who is wise, anyone who looks to him for help.
3 But everyone has turned away from him. Everyone has become evil. No one does anything good. No, not one person!
4 Those who are evil treat my people like bread to be eaten. And they never ask for God’s help. Don’t they understand what they are doing? - Psalm 53 vs 1 - 3
The above passage clearly says that this prophecy was said of the evil people aka the fools who convinced themselves that God does not exist. You know this from reading verse 4 where God highlights the way evil people treat His people. undecided
Romans 3 vs 13 a Paul references David's prayer against his enemies found in Psalm 5
8 Lord, show me your right way of living and make it easy for me to follow. People are looking for my weaknesses, so show me how you want me to live.
9 My enemies never tell the truth. They only want to destroy people. Their words come from mouths that are like open graves. They use their lying tongues to deceive others.[a]
10 Punish them, God! Let them be caught in their own traps. They have turned against you, so punish them for their many crimes. - Psalm 5 vs 8 - 10
Romans 3 vs 13 b quotes from Psalm 140 where David prays to God regarding the evil people
1 Lord, save me from people who are evil. Protect me from those who are cruel,
2 from those who plan to do evil and always cause trouble.
3 Their words are as harmful as the fangs of a snake, as deadly as its venom. Selah
4 Lord, save me from the wicked! Protect me from these cruel people who plan to hurt me.
5 These proud people are trying to trap me. They spread nets to catch me; they set traps in my path. Selah - Psalm 140 vs 1 - 5
Romans 3 vs 15 quotes from Proverbs 1 which is a warning against evil people
10 My son, those who love to do wrong will try to trick you. Don’t listen to them.
11 They will say, “Come with us. Let’s hide and beat to death anyone who happens to walk by.
12 We will swallow them whole, as the grave swallows the dying.
13 We will take everything they have and fill our houses with stolen goods.
14 So join us, and you can share everything we get.”
15 My son, don’t follow them. Don’t even take the first step along that path.
16 They run to do something evil, and they cannot wait to kill someone. - Proverbs 1 vs 10 - 15
Romans 3 vs 16 - 17 references Isaiah's writing on the state of the evil people, whose sins separate them from God
1 Look, the Lord’s power is enough to save you. He can hear you when you ask him for help.
2 It is your sins that separate you from your God. He turns away from you when he sees them.
3 That’s because your hands are covered with blood from the people you murdered. You tell lies and say evil things.
4 You can’t be trusted, even in court. You lie about each other and depend on false arguments to win your cases. You create pain and produce wickedness.
5 You hatch evil, like eggs from a poisonous snake. Anyone who eats the eggs will die. And if you break one of them open, a poisonous snake will come out. Your lies are like spider webs.
6 They cannot be used for clothes, and you cannot cover yourself with them. Your hands are always busy sinning and hurting others.
7 Your feet run toward evil. You are always ready to kill innocent people. You think of nothing but evil. Everywhere you go you cause trouble and ruin.
8 You don’t know how to live in peace. You don’t do what is right and fair. You are crooked, and anyone who lives like that will never know true peace. - Isaiah 59 vs 1 - 8
Romans 3 vs 18 references Psalm 18 where David writes of the evil people and the workings of their minds.
1 Deep in the hearts of the wicked a voice tells them to do wrong. They have no respect for God.
2 They lie to themselves. They don’t see their own faults, so they are not sorry for what they do.
3 Their words are wicked lies. They have stopped doing anything wise or good.
4 They make wicked plans in bed at night. They choose a way of life that does no good. And they never say no to anything evil. - Psalm 36 vs 1 - 4

As you can see, every single passage of Scripture that was quoted by Paul in that context was written in reference to people who do evil — the unrighteous. And of course, there are none righteous among the evil people for they have all sinned. After establishing his focus in the earlier verses, the evil people i.e. the unrighteous, in verses 19-20 Paul reiterates that the curse on the unrighteous cannot be removed right by the Law(of Moses) — they cannot be made righteous by following the Old Law.

In verse 21, Paul then posits that God has provided for the unrighteous(evil people) a path to redemption by which they can be made righteous and that path is the New Law(The Good News). Paul insists that God makes the unrighteous people righteous through their faith in Jesus Christ and He does so for all those who believe in Jesus Christ, verse 22. Again, Paul insists in verse 23 that all(the evil people aka unrighteous) have sinned and come short of the glory of God and can only be made righteous by following, not the old Law, but the new Law which offers the free gift of grace(Eternal Life). Paul also insists that the unrighteous are able to become righteous in God by becoming free from their sins through Jesus Christ. In verses 25-26, Paul then recapped by saying that God gave Jesus Christ a way to forgive the sins of people — the unrighteous aka sinners whom He came to call to repentance — by way of what Paul refers to as the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

In all, the primary audience or focus of Paul's writing in Roman 3 were the unrighteous sinners in the land, ignoring the righteous people who equally existed at the time. As a matter of fact, at the time of Paul's writing of this epistle, the other disciples of Jesus Christ were probably righteous given they already obtained the Spirit of Truth for a companion long before this. Paul in no way meant this to say that there were absolutely no righteous individuals in the land. Rather, he focused his message on those who were listed as unrighteous and remained under God's curse from the Old Law, and yet to be set free from slavery to sin by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Are you insinuating that Jesus Christ, the Eternal Life of God Himself, was not able to — against His proclamation— grant any man Eternal Life before He was resurrected from the dead? undecided

2. This has nothing to do with the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 or Numbers 21 vs 4-9. undecided

Stop chreek pickings some chapters and verses from the Bible.

The book of Numbers and all the Scriptures is summarize below:

Luke 24:44-48

44: And he(Jesus) said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45: Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46: And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47:And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48:And ye are witnesses of these things.

Jesus preached that by his resurrection he will give life to men.

John 6: 32-33; 38; 48-51

32: Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33: For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

38: For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

48:I am that bread of life.
49: Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50: This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 :I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52: The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

From the context above eat is believing in Jesus as the Christ, and he became Christ at his resurrection.

In summary Jesus taught that at anyone who believed in his resurrection shall have eternal life before his death and after his resurrection.
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:
. ■Stop chreek pickings some chapters and verses from the Bible. ... Jesus preached that by his resurrection he will give life to men. .....
Stop running all over the place and focus abeg! undecided

In the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 where Jesus Christ taught of being born-again to keep from perishing, Jesus Christ never mentions the resurrection. He instead said "in the same way" that it was when the people of Israel were in the wilderness and God had to raise the bronze snake to save them from the condemnation of their sins against God, so also He too would be raised and anyone who looked to him for salvation would be saved from the condemnation of sin aka Death placed on them by God. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop running all over the place and focus abeg! undecided

In the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 where Jesus Christ taught of being born-again to keep from perishing, Jesus Christ never mentions the resurrection. He instead said "in the same way" that it was when the people of Israel were in the wilderness and God had to raise the bronze snake to save them from the condemnation of their sins against God, so also He too would be raised and anyone who looked to him for salvation would be saved from the condemnation of sin aka Death placed on them by God. undecided

Oga bronze snake is symbolic everybody know this except you.

I assume you went to school now read:

John 3:14-16
14: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The serpent was hanged Jesus was hanged too. From verse 14 stared with as Moses lifted it's comparism. If I say and as Biden was elected president of US even so was Tinubu was elected president of Nigeria.
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:
■ Oga bronze snake is symbolic everybody know this except you.
Your symbolisms are of religious lies fed to you by your pastors and mogs, and not of the Truth of God, Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your symbolisms are of religious lies fed to you by your pastors and mogs, and not of the Truth of God, Jesus Christ. undecided
. Lols get that straight even, in WAEC and JAMB English passages testing students, some words in those passages could be idioms, proverbs and atimes symbols. You have to read them in context to answer questions that will follow those passages.

Is it safe to say you apply the principles of reading passages in context to pass exams and don't apply that to Bible. Bible is a compilation of books you must read many books to understand somethings else you go into error.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:
.■ Lols get that straight even, in WAEC and JAMB English passages testing students, some words in those passages could be idioms, proverbs and atimes symbols. You have to read them in context to answer questions that will follow those passages.
Do you even begin to understand what it means to read something, anything in context, at all? undecided
con·text
/ˈkäntekst/

the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.
the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.
Nowhere in the entire context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 and Numbers 21 vs 4-9 in which Jesus Christ referred is there any mention of the term resurrection, nor is it insinuated. Yet you continue to assert that Jesus Christ's mention of the bronze snake on the pole as symbolism for resurrection in a disconnected fashion that is typical of the religion of your pastors and mogs. And even suggest that I need to revisit WAEC and JAMB. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:
■ Is it safe to say you apply the principles of reading passages in context to pass exams and don't apply that to Bible. Bible is a compilation of books you must read many books to understand somethings else you go into error.
Go back through this discourse and you will find littered in your comments several attempts by your person to breach the context of this conversation all so that you may continue to assert this disconnected idea of yours that the bronze snake is some sort of symbolism for resurrection. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do you even begin to understand what it means to read something, anything in context at all? undecided

Nowhere in the entire context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 and Numbers 21 vs 4-9 in which Jesus Christ referred is there any mention of the term resurrection, nor is it insinuated. Yet you continue to assert that Jesus Christ's mention of the bronze snake on the pole as symbolism for resurrection in a disconnected fashion that is typical of the religion of your pastors and mogs. And even suggest that I need to revisit WAEC and JAMB. undecided

Don't you understand contextual studies you may not see it clearly written in those places but that's what he insunuate going by his teaching from other Chapters of the same books and from other books of the Bible. Don't just stick to two chapters from just two books look for other Chapters from other books. My explanation from the beginning isn't ambiguous at all that you are not trying to read and understand it.

Is it safe to say you are behaving like the pharisees of Jesus days 🤠😂 😆😅😅
Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2023
damilola4162:
Don't you understand contextual studies you may not see it clearly written in those places but that's what he insunuate going by his teaching from other Chapters of the same books and from other books of the Bible. Don't just stick to two chapters from just two books look for other Chapters from other books. My explanation from the beginning isn't ambiguous at all that you are not trying to read and understand it.

Is it safe to say you are behaving like the pharisees of Jesus days 🤠😂 😆😅😅
I see you desperately need to remain blind. So I will leave you to it then! undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian According To The Bible? by damilola4162(m): 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I see you desperately need to remain blind. So I will leave you to it then! undecided
😂 and you desperately need to see light of the gospel...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) / Did Jesus For Our Sin? Which Sin? (no, Bring Your Proof If You R Truthful) / Creation Vs. Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.