Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation (84604 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East / Lagos Fire: Buhari Writes Fashola, Sympathises With Lagosians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2014
shiffynaani:
ARE IGBOS NOT NIGERIANS Yes,they are truly are but there is a YORUBA adage that says ''Oko ki'se ti baba at'omo koma laalaa'' which means that there must be a line that gisset father's farmland from the son's own although they both own it.So IGBOs agitating for political relevance in Lagos is simply out of PACE! Are THEY the only tribe in LAG. I think this seriously getting out of hand

The IGBO group in question is seeking for political relevance in Lagos State. They are exerting pressure for political gains because they feel that they have earned it. They are NIGERIANS, and they have the constitutional right to do that. Other ethnic based pressure groups can do same in other states of Nigeria if they feel that they need political relevance. As long as they are Nigerians, it is constitutional.

The anger generated by the action of this pressure group is based on suspicion of ethnic dominance, which is totally unnecessary. Very unnecessary. I see some people threatening pogrom. That is the height of ethnic bigotry, envy and hatred. Not like I care about how they feel because a pogrom cannot happen in present day Lagos State. Talk of OYO, Ogun etc, I'll agree. Lagos? Forget it. Where you wan start and where you wan finish? SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by huptin(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

According to the constitution, the state holds and administers rights over land use for "All NIGERIANS".

As long as I keep paying the required fees as stipulated by the state government for the stipulated time frame, I own the land. It is mine until the day that I cannot lay claim of it.

Moreover, the C OF O is applicable to every NIGERIAN irrespective of ethnicity and religion. In essence, even Yorubas are subject to the same law. The land is not owned by the Yorubas as purported by many here, but by the government. A government is not an ethnic or religious institution. In this case, there is no special privilege accorded to the Yorubas.

Finally, the state cannot just wake up one day and start seizing lands bought legitimately because they feel worried about a certain ethnic group. They will be sued
and Justice will prevail.

I only pointed out your error, there is no certificate of ownership on any land, in fact you cant purchase a land you can only lease it, after 99 years the land reverts to the original land owners they may decide to renew the lease or otherwise.

The state government can reposess the land from any one at anytime if it feels that it is in the greater good of the society, the court can only ensure you are adequately compensated. El Rufai demolished many buildings in Abuja, Fashola did same in Lagos. Its the law.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Descartes: 8:10am On Dec 28, 2014
Desola:

It is an indirect threat to say if you don't give us these things, we will vote for Jimi Agbaje. With that stup1d ondo man wearing IBO garb recently, I won't be surprised if they succumb to some of their greedy, incomprehensible demands.

You've not seen anything yet grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 8:19am On Dec 28, 2014
huptin:

I only pointed out your error, there is no certificate of ownership on any land, in fact you cant purchase a land you can only lease it, after 99 years the land reverts to the original land owners they may decide to renew the lease or otherwise.

The state government can reposess the land from any one at anytime if it feels that it is in the greater good of the society, the court can only ensure you are adequately compensated. El Rufai demolished many buildings in Abuja, Fashola did same in Lagos. Its the law.

Yes, you are right. I am aware of that. It's, however, not as simplistic as you have implied. It's not just a give and take affair. The clarity of the land use system in Nigeria, as stipulated in the constitution, is still being questioned and subject to scholarly and judicial review. Having said that, you are mostly correct.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by shiffynaani(m): 8:21am On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

The IGBO group in question is seeking for political relevance in Lagos State. They are exerting pressure for political gains because they feel that they have earned it. They are NIGERIANS, and they have the constitutional right to do that. Other ethnic based pressure groups can do same in other states of Nigeria if they feel that they need political relevance. As long as they are Nigerians, it is constitutional.

The anger generated by the action of this pressure group is based on suspicion of ethnic dominance, which is totally unnecessary. Very unnecessary. I see some people threatening pogrom. That is the height of ethnic bigotry, envy and hatred. Not like I care about how they feel because a pogrom cannot happen in present day Lagos State and Nigeria. Talk of OYO, Ogun etc, I'll agree. Lagos? Forget it. Where you wan start and where you wan finish? SMH.
When will this POGROM not gonna come into reality I think the patience and hospitality displayed here by the INDIGENES is being seriously exploited by the IMMIGRANTS.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by T4taiwo(m): 8:25am On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

Try to cool down. You are overworking yourself over nothing.
In history, a Hausa NIGERIAN was actually elected to administer Enugu state. That was before the civil war. Azikiwe, a south-easterner, played a part in western Nigeria's politics. We must try to replicate these in present day Nigeria for progress to be achieved. If we are one in Nigeria, we must strive to be integrated. Lagos state, as a multi-cultural cosmopolitan Nigerian city is a good place to start.

I am sure that you have not tried to take part in the politics of other states. The sooner you start, the better for a United Nigeria. Is one Nigeria not what you want again? I am condemned to it. I was told that as an IGBO man, I have to stick with and die in Nigeria. My fore-fathers payed a bitter price for wanting out. I have decided to be a champion of "One Nigeria". If I live in Lagos state, I should be eligible to vote or be voted for, win or lose notwithstanding.
Your igboe should try that in kano or any northern state since they claim they have the sizeable population to be part of the politics of the aforementioned state.......yoruba land should be off their book.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by docsholz(m): 8:27am On Dec 28, 2014
Na today
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Descartes: 8:27am On Dec 28, 2014
blacko:
Northern treatment tinz on point (OPC) cool.This people don chop liver ni sha,for god sake is it whenwe start killing u people that u will know that u are immigrants and u have no right to any political or royal post

Ranting of a Gambari slave grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 8:27am On Dec 28, 2014
shiffynaani:
When will this POGROM not gonna come into reality I think the patience and hospitality displaced here by the INDIGENES is being seriously exploited by the IMMIGRANTS.

All you need to do is to embrace your fellow NIGERIANS as your brothers and sisters, enjoy the diversity that is inherent in the nation and tour the expansive and ravishly beautiful landscape of Nigeria. You will need to destroy the mental slavery that ethnic bigotry has subjected you to. When you do these, you will seriously make your life less complicated and very enjoyable. ENJOY NIGERIA. STOP SEEKING TO SEPARATE NIGERIA IN A PARADOXICAL DIVIDED UNITY.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by shiffynaani(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

Satisfaction does not necessarily come from the attainment of outcomes. It is also generated from the attainment of objectives. For example, If my objective is to beat my personal record in a hundred meters race, then I don't necessarily have to win the race in order to feel satisfied.

My objective is to vote for some aspirants. I will attain satisfaction from simply contributing my quota towards their aspirations irrespective of outcome.
Ok.then keep doing dat till iboes realize that Lagos is truly Yorubaland and stop hiding under failed entity called Nigeria to spew rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by titanic1(f): 8:30am On Dec 28, 2014
y are u ibo so greedy if u knw u want to rule y cant u jst take ur ass go ur village and they even say na dem plenty for lag abey did we invite u.y dont u go to kano nd claim u wan be their governor and tell me if u wont find urself at sambisa.anyway is bcoz we yoruba are peaceful nd generous sha.one nigeria gr8 nation

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Descartes: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2014
PentiumPro:

Fool, Lagos dey Eastern region ko?

Senile, you're still throwing tantrums shocked

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2014
shiffynaani:
Ok.then keep doing dat till iboes realize that Lagos is truly Yorubaland and stop hiding under failed entity called Nigeria to spew rubbish

I see. You don't believe in Nigeria. Sorry, we have come too far to divide. Eko was historically in Yoruba land. Lagos state is currently in Nigeria.

You should be proudly NIGERIAN.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 8:36am On Dec 28, 2014
T4taiwo:

Your igboe should try that in kano or any northern state since they claim they have the sizeable population to be part of the politics of the aforementioned state.......yoruba land should be off their book.

Kano is part of Nigeria too. It is just that Lagos is more multi-cultural and metropolitan than Kano. So, Lagos is a better place to start the annihilation of ethnic based politics.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by PentiumPro(f): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2014
Descartes:

Senile, you're still throwing tantrums shocked

Who is this goat ? Help the fool answer the question or keep shut! Asswipe ape. Your mother is senile

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by docsholz(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2014
You guys should even chill till after d election let's see If dis geographical entity survives, I'm out

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by waternogeteneny: 9:05am On Dec 28, 2014
Igbo have a stake in Lagos and should be included in the Governance as major stakeholders.

This marginalization must end.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by ayoballs: 9:21am On Dec 28, 2014
Be like say all this Ndigbo pple get brain disorder.shebi Yorubas don allow una escape enter Lagos from una poverty in your villages.una don chop bellefull for lagos con dey find wetin go burst una belle.be like say una wan make we chase una out of lagos....make una mind una sef or else....God why are ibo pple like this

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Unemadu: 10:35am On Dec 28, 2014
PentiumPro:

Fool, Lagos dey Eastern region ko?

Hehehe its sooo painful right? But ask lasg why they want nothing to do with odua republic

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by rosebowl01(m): 11:04am On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

Ewwww, you sound so pained and frustrated. Tone down your insults, you can really make your point without using abusive words.

Are you suggesting that the aim of IGBOS to partake in the governance of Lagos state is wrong? Why? Are Igbos not Nigerians? How do you know that you will not be given an opportunity to partake in politics in South Eastern states? Have you tried?

I think we should be clear about what we want as Nigerians. A United Nigeria means that NIGERIANS must be free to live and partake in the Nigerian project from any state they choose. Lagos state, by virtue of history, happens to be a good example of Nigerianness. If it is only Yorubas that must lead in Lagos state, which is not befitting for a cosmopolitan NIGERIAN city, then we must start to question what being a Nigerian means?

You need to cool down. You sound hypertensive.

If at all possible, I think you people should take a step back, reflect on how you relate with other people, review your utterances and its implications, then consider adjusting what you wrote up there. You must admit that Ibos are relatively rude, when relating/compared to other groups. That is what elicit the negative reaction or ill treatment you all get in response. You don't always have to fight or insult other people's sensibility to take your RIGHTFUL place in the society.
Thanks,

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Gbawe2: 11:10am On Dec 28, 2014
I really don't understand what this group wants to achieve with this 'blackmail' letter. We are less than two months away from the elections. What exactly will this achieve when candidates for all political positions have emerged already and nothing can now be reversed or amended? The fact is that Igbos always have the choice of getting involved to use their claimed numerical and economic advantage to make things happen for themselves.

Begging for what you claim to have the numbers and wealth to gain automatically is pathetic to me. To the best of my knowledge APGA is not banned from presenting candidates for any elective position in Lagos. Why not do so and win elections with your "majority population" and then begin to gain a foothold in Lagos politics instead of this pathetic grovelling predicated on childish blackmail? Why are these time-wasters writing the APC when they should simply pledge their "majority population" and "we control Lagos economy" wealth to the current Lagos APGA Igbo guber candidate? Would it not be a done deal if they did that and supported Okoroji ?

Also, how many Parties are doing anything different to the APC for this deluded group to be issuing not-so-subtle threats to the APC? How many elective political positions did the PDP give to Igbo candidates in Lagos for the 2015 elections? Labour nko? Despite some Igbos even turning the PDP into default Igbo Party, to then begin expecting that Agbaje would announce an Igbo as his deputy Governor, what eventually happened? Did Agbaje not ignore the Igbos , despite many Igbos bragging they had the numbers to help him depose the APC, to nominate a Yoruba moslem? This group should urge Igbos to vote PDP or any other Party of their choice because the APC has presented their candidates to INEC for the upcoming elections and childish blackmail will not change that. No one believes the "majority population" or "we control the economy" noise some Igbos make 24/7 yet never take up the chance to prove when they have the perfect opportunity to do so. Therefore no one takes the empty and attention-seeking blackmail of this group seriously. The tone of the letter is sentimental and banal while the request made within it is asinine and highly unreasonable.

22 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Gbawe2: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2014
rosebowl01:

If at all possible, I think you people should take a step back, reflect on how you relate with other people, review your utterances and its implications, then consider adjusting what you wrote up there. You must admit that Ibos are relatively rude, when relating/compared to other groups. That is what elicit the negative reaction or ill treatment you all get in response. You don't always have to fight or insult other people's sensibility to take your RIGHTFUL place in the society.
Thanks,

This is spot on and I have made this point many times. Even Nigerian immigrants to the UK gain influential political and public office by relating well with others they met on the ground in their adopted Country. You will never get far in public leadership, anywhere in the word, if you make it obvious you despise your host, have no interest in respecting them and prefer to remain perpetually locked in a sentimental and vainglorious battle of supremacy with them.

What profit is to be gained from the 24/7 demonization of an ethnic group, sentiments and prejudice aside, that is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential in Africa let alone Nigeria? Nothing would benefit Igbos more, because of their nomadic nature, than a dedication to respecting others and making an effort to get on with them instead of remaining obsessed with viewing others disdainfully, fighting them over civil war 'hangover' vendetta and proclaiming fictitious superiority over them day in day out.

When, 24/7 and virtually all year long, you do things counter-productive to earning the trust of others why then begin complaining only at election times of 'marginalisation' without taking into consideration your divisive action for most of the year that got you where you are? Frustrating how some, like the poster you quoted, cannot see and factor-in what is glaringly obvious as per the majority contributions of Igbos to the predicament they find themselves in. Someone else is always to blame and this is the core of the problem i.e seeing the speck in the eyes of others yet missing the boulder in their own eyes.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Gbawe2: 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
@Rosebowl01.

Look below at revelations of the perfect example of what we are talking about:

waternogeteneny:
Igbo have a stake in Lagos and should be included in the Governance as major stakeholders.
This marginalization must end.

This waternogeteneny character is playing victim here conveniently when it is election time and shouting "marginalisation". Yet he is the same character who insult Yorubas 24/7 and 365 days here and makes his vile prejudice against the ethnic group very obvious. How is such a person in a position to demand that he or any like him be trusted with power in a multicultural society where it is terribly important for leaders to have a sense of equity to all who live within the State regardless of their ethnic origin? Look at his past post to see the duplicity most Yorubas have now seen through and are not predisposed to indulging. The day it dawns on some Igbos that charity begins at home is the day they begin making real progress earning the trust of other Nigerians. Look at the nauseating and bigoted rants of the chap below only to now be playing "marginalised" innocent victim on this thread. Therein lies the problems of Igbos caused by ignorant, disrespectfully vile and ethnocentric Igbos like this waternogeteneny character.

https://www.nairaland.com/2059058/2015-dont-provoke-yorubas-joe/9#29159630

waternogeteneny:

Ojukwu told AWOLOWO to keep his western region but the lazy bastard wanted igbo money to build Lagos. Today Lagos is no mans land especially after 3 million died so the lazy yorobbers can have our village mansions built by igbos in lagos. Igbos have ownership of Lagos.

https://www.nairaland.com/2063330/boko-haram-leave-north-now/1#29249290

waternogeteneny:

Point of correction incestuous pig! igboland and Lagos are the samething.

Y are yorobbers running from Ibadan? Is it such a hellhole?? Y not claim Ibadan? Y Lagos, the federal territory? THIEVES want to claim peoples mansion and business!

https://www.nairaland.com/2063330/boko-haram-leave-north-now#29236430

waternogeteneny:

As long as u dont have lagos in mind... That should be fine, becos Lagos is not western region.

https://www.nairaland.com/2059058/2015-dont-provoke-yorubas-joe/12#29176431

waternogeteneny:

Shut up ur dirty Yoruba mouth about the massarce of yorubas. Can u fight or u think u can blockade anybody in 2015. U will fight like a man and lose like the coward and lazy bastard u are. No blockade and no starvation, did u kill more soldiers than Biafra killing Nigeria in the civil war? Of course not.

Biafra killed more Nigerians than Nigeria killing Biafra soldiers. U no fit win. olodo!

https://www.nairaland.com/2059408/jimi-agbaje-picks-funsho-williams/3#29160696

waternogeteneny:

I will still vote PDP. MUMU! APC has proved to be a party of Bigots with deporting fellow Nigerians in Nigeria. Any igbo that vote APC is just putting nail in their coffin.

Ndiigbo stick with the national party PDP. PDP for Lagos Gov.

If APC wants igbo vote, they should reassure Ndiigbo and present an igbo vice.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by backtosender: 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
45% of lagos investment belong to igbos fashola should give igbos what belong to them

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by StOla: 12:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
lalasticlala:
Ndigbo Cultural Society of Nigeria, NCSN a socio-cultural platform for the propagation of the interests of Ibos has sent an open letter to Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, lamenting what it called the marginalisation of Ndigbo in the politics of Lagos state and threatening to shift political support.

The group claimed the complete exclusion of Igbo people in the politics, judicial and other vital sectors of governance in Lagos State despite the sizeable contribution of Ibos to the economic life of the state.

The group in the letter signed by its president, Chief Udo Udeogaranya said Ndigbos are completely excluded from the politics of Lagos State saying that for the exception of one councillor, Ndigbo were completely lacking in the politics of the state.

“Correct us if we are wrong, but about 16 years of stewardship, since the inception of this Fourth Republic, your political organisation, All Progressives Congress (APC) owes Ndigbo Community of Lagos State an obligation to explain to us what is it in the CHANGE that your party continues to clamour, when we have seen nothing except change of name of AD to ACN and now to APC or do we vote for another party,” the group noted.

“Ndigbo have campaigned and voted massively for your party in the previous elections except for Presidential elections, but what is our political fortunes, after these years of solid support?”

“Lagos State remains a homeland of Nigeria Multi-Ethnic group, the resource of the State is not found in the rich Oil and Gas or any other natural resource, but rather on the people of Lagos State and proceeds of their labour, on which Ndigbo accounts for a very large percentage.”

“Despite this, Ndigbo are not permitted by your party, All Progressives Congress (APC) to have a political say, by making sure that in the 376 ward seats, 20 LGA seats, 37 LCDA seats, 40 State House seats, 24 Federal House seats, 3 Senatorial Seats, 1 Deputy and 1 Governorship seats, Ndigbo are completely excluded including areas of the State that are predominated by the Igbo residents, except 1 Counilorship seat in Ajegunle.”
“Is your party, APC suggesting that that those who contribute their resource should not have a say on how it should be managed?

“Markets in Lagos State that can be called Ndigbo markets, for instance the Ladipo Auto Parts market as a test case, have been shut down severally and at will, even with pleadings from South-East State Governors were not enough for your APC led government of Lagos State to understand the need to allow these markets function without unnecessary government intrusions. Is there a change to the policy or is it still business as usual?”

“Appointments in Lagos State have never reflected on the constitutional stipulation of carrying all the people of the state along, even at local council levels, particularly in the appointment of judges in the state. Are Yorubas better qualified than other Nigerians in Lagos State?”

“Lagos State Government continues to fund Eyo Festival but leaves the Igbo day Festival or New Yam festival to South-East governors to fund. [/b]Should Ndigbo then pay their dues to South-East Sates governments?”

[b]“Lagos State House of Assembly continues to conduct the house business on Yoruba language, translating that Lagos State is now a mono lingual State, is this as a negligence of facts on ground or that Ndigbo offspring in Lagos State should forgo their cultural background or give up their political rights?”

“Various sons and daughters of Ndigbo in Lagos State have complained bitterly over the ridiculous process in practice it is for an Igbo to obtain necessary government approvals without having to go through Yoruba facilitators. Is this to underscore that one race have become superior to another?”

“Areas in the State densely populated by Ndigbo like Coker, Ajao Estate etc.. have not smelt any completed infrastructural development projects of the Lagos State government, or are there?”

“On the deportation of the 72, you have apologized and apology accepted and therefore case closed. We wait patiently for your answers or we shall look for another come February 2015.”

The group however, overlooked the fact that the spokesman of the APC in Lagos State, Mr. Joe Igbokwe and the state commissioner for economic planning are both Ibos.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/12/27/igbo-group-in-lagos-writes-fashola-complains-about-marginalisation/

Ndigbo!

Do you do any of the bolded above any differently in your own tribal enclave?

Are you the only non-Yoruba tribe in Lagos that votes for Fashola's party?

Are you the one to tell us what language to speak in our own land?

What have you done to integrate fellow Igbos in the affairs of your respective states where they are not indigenes, talkless of non-igbos?

How many Yoruba or Hausa festivals have you bankrolled in the East?

Ahmadu Bello was really a Prophet, he noticed early that giving you an inch, you would take a mile.

Practise what you preach.

Learn to respect the natives, then we might consider another councillor position for you when other tribes are less frustrated in the East.

15 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
raumdeuter:
Why not use your 80% population to vote for the govt you want

Abi o!

I don't know why they cant use their 'huge' population to elect the ibo APGA candidate as governor in the forthcoming elections so that they can correct all the ills meted out on them.
Rather, they'll prefer to queue behind Jimi Agbaje with the ambition getting the slot of deputy. Pipe dream. Nonsense!!

They are just a bundle of deluded dullards.

I'm angry they even have a councillorship seat. They must lose it ASAP.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by shiffynaani(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
StOla:

Ndigbo!

Do you do any of the bolded above any differently in your own tribal enclave?

Are you the only non-Yoruba tribe in Lagos that votes for Fashola's party?

Are you the one to tell us what language to speak in our own land?

What have you done to integrate fellow Igbos in the affairs of your respective states where they are not indigenes, talkless of non-igbos?

How many Yoruba or Hausa festivals have you bankrolled in the East?

Ahmadu Bello was really a Prophet, he noticed early that giving you an inch, you would take a mile.

Practise what you preach.

Learn to respect the natives, then we might consider another councillor position for you when other tribes are less frustrated in the East.
leave the foolz alone bro.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
Gbawe2:
@Rosebowl01.

Look below at revelations of the perfect example of what we are talking about:

This waternogeteneny character is playing victim here conveniently when it is election time and shouting "marginalisation". Yet he is the same character who insult Yorubas 24/7 and 365 days here and makes his vile prejudice against the ethnic group very obvious. How is such a person in a position to demand that he or any like him be trusted with power in a multicultural

waternogetenemy is insane!

You need to hammer facts into his thick to treat him of his insanity.

He is in a world of his. I dont think he lives in Nigeria at all.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Ayekotoo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
What! Igbo again?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by StOla: 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
Gbawe2:

This is spot on and I have made this point many times. Even Nigerian immigrants to the UK gain influential political and public office by relating well with others they met on the ground in their adopted Country. You will never get far in public leadership, anywhere in the word, if you make it obvious you despise your host, have no interest in respecting them and prefer to remain perpetually locked in a sentimental and vainglorious battle of supremacy with them.

What profit is to be gained from the 24/7 demonization of an ethnic group, sentiments and prejudice aside, that is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential in Africa let alone Nigeria? Nothing would benefit Igbos more, because of their nomadic nature, than a dedication to respecting others and making an effort to get on with them instead of remaining obsessed with viewing others disdainfully, fighting them over civil war 'hangover' vendetta and proclaiming fictitious superiority over them day in day out.

When, 24/7 and virtually all year long, you do things counter-productive to earning the trust of others why then begin complaining only at election times of 'marginalisation' without taking into consideration your divisive action for most of the year that got you where you are? Frustrating how some, like the poster you quoted, cannot see and factor-in what is glaringly obvious as per the majority contributions of Igbos to the predicament they find themselves in. Someone else is always to blame and this is the core of the problem i.e seeing the speck in the eyes of others yet missing the boulder in their own eyes.

Word!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by superstar1(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
LogicPower:

Although, as you rightly pointed out, Lagos is unique in its multi-cultural nature, yet we should NOT expect the state ALONE to do away with the ethon-religious considerations which you said impede the unity and progress of Nigeria, while other states maintain THESE SAME ethno-religious considerations in dealing with the non-indigenes in their respective states. It does NOT make sense!.

What stops Anambra or Abia from even leading the way?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by CyberWolf: 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
Igbos my people should simply forget politics and focus on the business they went there to do...what is wrong with our people? angry...if you want to go into politics, simply come back home angry

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Obaseki Unveils PDP Campaign Poster (Pics) / Lady Goes To Verify Price of Peter Obi Pair Of Shoes In London Mall(vid) / MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.