Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,949 members, 7,814,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. (47490 Views)

I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija / Folorunsho Alakija: Nigeria’s Richest Woman [photos] / Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2014
Respect!!!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by gratiaeo(m): 9:15am On Dec 29, 2014
Niger deltans are losers anyhow you look at it
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Teebashy(f): 9:15am On Dec 29, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Richest Black man is from Nigeria, Richest black woman is from Nigeria... Congratulations to her.
but d poorest black is from Nigeria
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by peculiarabacus(m): 9:16am On Dec 29, 2014
Like I do say:::::::::::will that reduce the price of petroleum in Agege
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by cole265(m): 9:16am On Dec 29, 2014
Amefrica:
Congrats to her! Nigerians setting records since 00BC cheesy cheesy cheesy

How do you define wealth or riches?

Is it by the amount of money in the bank?

Or

By the number of assets one possesses?

Or

By the number of businesses one has?

Or

By the number of employees one has?

Or by the number of people who love you?

Your definition will tell the true richest woman in the world today.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by seangy4konji: 9:17am On Dec 29, 2014
Selected people having billions of dollars and still no affordable health care on the society and thousands die during labor or is it the unemployed graduate that most badgers hae turned into try and create jobs yourself and do not believe in your degree.

To me they are as worthless as nothing as there is a proverb that say a rich person amongst many poor people is still a poor person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by zeb04(f): 9:17am On Dec 29, 2014
tijjanioyan:
Pls i need help
what kind of help?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 29, 2014
She has always been ahead of Oprah nah.....but amazes me is that she's 62 but looking like she's in her late 30s....money is good sha
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by skyprofm(m): 9:18am On Dec 29, 2014
I find this story hard to believe. Isabel dos santos was the richest woman in africa as of november forbes rating with a net worth of 3.7billion dollars, while alakija was second with 2.5billion dollars. Are u now saying she made 4.3billion dollars in less than 30 days or forbes rating should not be believed. Cos I still believe forbes than the source above

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by kristisking(m): 9:18am On Dec 29, 2014
Nigeria government making few people richer at the expense of the poor masses.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by veltany: 9:19am On Dec 29, 2014
The worst thing that will ever happen to me is the day I will become as poor as Folorunsho Alakija.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Donmichaelz(m): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2014
chronique:
Good one for Her. My only question,is how a fashion designer got an oil license. The report says Her company "Famfa oil" was awarded the oil block. Does it mean She was able to set up an oil firm that had the capacity to bid for oil blocks as at that time? Or was She someone's mistress? Simple logic tells me that there should normally,be no correlation between being a fashion designer,and running an oil firm. They are two distinct professions that are miles apart and not inter-related. But hey,it's not of my business.
mistress don't get oil block
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Dbboy(m): 9:20am On Dec 29, 2014
Buhari won't be happy he expect women to be slaves vote wisely GEJ 2015-2019

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by abdulll6afh(m): 9:20am On Dec 29, 2014
Is she going to be burried with that money hhmmmm diaris godu oooo
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by asala1: 9:20am On Dec 29, 2014
Na lie
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by TDstarr: 9:21am On Dec 29, 2014
would you marry her?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by dreezybines: 9:21am On Dec 29, 2014
I don't even know what to say.....which kind man wan use dis woman do yanga....na only naija self d richest black people dey.....##THINKING## I must be wealthy
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Bolade005: 9:21am On Dec 29, 2014
Dopeyomi:

Fashion designer abi advanced tailor grin

Females taking over aNyway..
Females taking over what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by asala1: 9:22am On Dec 29, 2014
skyprofm:
I find this story hard to believe. Isabel dos santos was the richest woman in africa as of november forbes rating with a net worth of 3.7billion dollars, while alakija was second with 2.5billion dollars. Are u now saying she made 4.3billion dollars in less than 30 days or forbes rating should not be believed. Cos I still believe forbes than the source above

You are right
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Jhayeahsam01(m): 9:22am On Dec 29, 2014
That one no concern me... my mother must pursue paradise first odas will be added
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by clemz88(m): 9:23am On Dec 29, 2014
Woow . A Nigerian. Thatz boooom! This is another NGozie Nwela. Nigerian women should be given an opportunity to rule Nigeria some day because that's when nigeria will get better
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Donmichaelz(m): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2014
before She got connection She was. hard working I hate it when lazy people try to spoil her name cos she is doing well and d only way dey can justify their failure is to make it look like she cant do it on her own...if being a mistress can make u dis rich, how many prostitutes has oil block or tops Forbes list? as,sholes yimu in Latin

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by kingviny: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2014
I wonder how much T.Y Danjuma, IBB, OBJ, Abubakar and those Generals will be worth if a single oil well owner is worth that much! I wont be surprised if one of these is as rich as Bill Gates. Their fronts are surely doing their jobs well to hide such crazy wealth! JUDGMENT IS AT HAND O ! they should remember the story of the rich man who pilled up riches in the bible.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by ogaofficer(m): 9:26am On Dec 29, 2014
STENON:
congrats........

I'l soon unseat Alakija.....

It's just a matter of time..
i love your spirit.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Bhenehdikt(m): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2014
STENON:
congrats........

I'l soon unseat Alakija.....

It's just a matter of time..

Anything is possible
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Dopeyomi(m): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2014
Bolade005:

Females taking over what exactly?
I dey come

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by mcpat(m): 9:29am On Dec 29, 2014
Damn! How stale is this news? The unseating happened over a year ago.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by dreezybines: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2014
annibro:

Dangote is richest Black man in Africa not the World

Check the forbes list statement b4 u quote d guy wrong

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:31am On Dec 29, 2014
mcpat:
Damn! How stale is this news? The unseating happened over a year ago.
there was no unseating. This thread is false https://www.nairaland.com/2066254/please-mods-take-down-false

Alakija is not the richest black woman. She is not even as rich as Oprah. She is $2.5 billion while oprah is $3 billion
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2014
Niger Delta money. If for some reasons this country splits most of this billionaires will disappear with it.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Innodon(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2014
olatunji21:
Am not moved.. Effect of Govt patronage, our collective wealth is been held by very few Nigerians..
I think Abacha and Babagida might have contributed alot tonher wealth.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by boma95(f): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2014
i need role models like ds
in my life. . .my children
must nt suffer ijn...amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obi Cubana To Sponsor Ekuma Jeremiah, Hawker To University / How To Stay Rich Even When You Have A Very Low Income / 8 People Are Richer Than 3.6 Billion People Combined- CNN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.