Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? (32551 Views)

See What She Gave Me As My Xmas Hamper. / Best Times To Ask A Lady Out And Get A Yes Faster / What Would You Do If Your Boyfriend Gave You This As Birthday Gift (PHOTOS!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by dechandel(f): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
okotv:
are you really married or just reducing the guys hope ??
Lol
What does it look like?
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by anthoniaz(f): 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
Adaobi12:
. ma'am last time I checked you are supposed to be chopping the honey in the moon, wetin happen na? na so Nairaland dey sweet? smiley. ma'am last time I checked you are supposed to be chopping the honey in the moon, wetin happen na? na so Nairaland dey sweet?
Hahahaha.Oga went out then so I decided to nairaland grin.We are still chopping the honey in the moon oo. cheesy
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Hanibal(m): 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
Two weeks and still waiting, its a marriage proposal sha.
I don't do dating
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Lilimax(f): 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
idu1:
I don't it?
Read it again smiley
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Homguy(m): 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
Lukmanraji:
I met this girl in September, I never knew I could fall for her at first sight. We begin the friendship n I asked her out. She told me she had a bf already but I didn't take it as a barrier. We play together, play games, joke, eat and do a lot of things together. Suddenly she changed and start acting funny. She refused to pick up my calls and if she does, the chat is always boring. She stop replying my text and whatsapp msg.

Am confused. Maybe I should just give up on her.

That's my story line. Advice please.
wtf! you want her to leave her current bf for you? dude! get another life, besides there are so !many ladies out there to choose from, why fetch water into a basket?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by ximarro(m): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
Faddd:
I have waited for two years, but it was dissapointing that she finally said the "no" last week. I gues it was result of new year new system.
u d mad ni? 2 yrs? Dem rumple ur head? Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by ximarro(m): 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:
I've been asking for close to three years now. Anytime she notice I'm getting tired of her, she will text me to keeping me hoping. I'm really getting tired if her but she has my mumu button so I don't have a choice.
stay de u hear. make dem d press ur mumu botton. Yrs...for woman. if say u near me, na blow u for chop
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Olutola88(m): 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
mikaj:

Niqqa you insight to live is pitiable. F.Y.I, I ve been asked out by 3 different ladies this year alone. Always friend zoning them due to not wanting to hurt anyone. So bros, get ur facts right.
Na joke I dey na! I'm no jew bro. After all, you saw where I wrote that I didn't woo my first Girlfriend.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by okotv(m): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
dechandel:
Lol
What does it look like?
you aren't married. Still in your parents house.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Olutola88(m): 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
PrettyGaby:

na wa o. Dude, you sound pissed o. Calm down small now; e never reach this level.
Pissed? Not at all! I'm having real fun. Just that there are times I get tired of the Friends With Benefits thing. But the thing sweet sha
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by ssuccess(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
Olutola88:
lmao! You will get tired of that and eventually seek love
That's the shoes I'm in right now.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Dammyrosky(m): 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
My case is somaw related 2 dis op topic,
i av female frnd, who as bin my frnd since dec last year, i asked her 2 be my girlfriend, the response she gav me was dat am nt d only 1, dat dere lot of guys disturbin her bt she already hav a husband nt even a boy friend, dat i should also put it into prayer dat d 1 she has chosen shld b d rite person 4 her.
I was jst quiet dat dai bt d only tin i told her was dat all is well, bt afta a mnth she do call, visit me than before, wich i leta study dat she nw has feelings 4 me, bt i did'nt gve her any response till nw, am still single, wat shld i do?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by franzis(m): 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
too busy chasing money to be chasing women... I need to take my mama out of the hood

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Gboskee(m): 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
Olutola88:
It is a popular belief amongst women that a Lady needs to give a guy a tough time before she dances to his beats. They claim such delay tactics is healthy as it will make the guy cherish her more. They also claim that the guy would appreciate better something he sweats to get.

Sincerely speaking, this their ideology is absolute trash to me. I don't have that time to be chasing a lady for 12 months, after all she isn't my “dream”.

I get easily discouraged when it comes to convincing a lady to be mine, maybe because I don't feel a lady is doing me a favour by accepting to be mine. Come to think it, “Is she doing me any favour”? Don't even talk about sex cos it's very cheap and I can get it without dating. More so, she won't be doing me any good because she might even enjoy it more ( I always put my partner's satisfaction first).

I get sick and tired when a lady gives me unnecessary tough time. In fact, most of them call me “Egotistical”. They think I'm proud because my orientation is different from that of most guys they've met. They feel I'm cocky because they don't know my background, they have no idea about my journey so far.

I've had just 3 Girlfriends all my life. The first, I didn't woo her. The second gave me a YES after 24hours and the third which was the most tasking accepted to be mine after 4days of declaring interest. Guess what? I had the shortest relationship with the one that gave me the toughest time, it lasted just 2 months.

I've been single since December 2012 mainly because I don't have that strength to keep pushing and pushing. Most of them tell me that I'm spoilt and that I don't even know how to woo *lmao*. They claim I'm always too casual when wooing them, they say I don't show sign of seriousness, they conclude I always feel I shouldn't work too hard to get them. Do they want me to kill cow to show my seriousness? Nevertheless, I feel I've not just met that person that'll make me break the rules, that one person that'll make my heart do giz giz, that person that'll have my “mumu button” *lol*.

You know the funniest thing? The ones you don't wanna date are the ones always stalking and readily available. As a good guy, you don't wanna woo dem, use dem and dump them. So, nigga just keeps it at the Friends With Benefits level. When you get tired of the FWB life and seek love again, you'll meet one girl that'll be giving you unnecessary tough time and you'll be like... “WTF! Some girls are praying I upgrade their status from FWB to official Girlfriend and this one is here forming one rubbish! Go To Hell jooor” *LMAO*

My Questions:

1. How long did you wait before she gave you a YES

2. How long can you wait to get a YES?

3. Ladies, wetin be una problem? Is giving a guy a tough time a guarantee he will treat you right?

4. Ladies, why must we chase you people like we chase money before you say YES? I think the love thing should be mutual na? Must you stress the hell outta our lives?
grin[quote author=Olutola88 post=29349351]It is a popular belief amongst women that a Lady needs to give a guy a tough time before she dances to his beats. They claim such delay tactics is healthy as it will make the guy cherish her more. They also claim that the guy would appreciate better something he sweats to get.

Sincerely speaking, this their ideology is absolute trash to me. I don't have that time to be chasing a lady for 12 months, after all she isn't my “dream”.

I get easily discouraged when it comes to convincing a lady to be mine, maybe because I don't feel a lady is doing me a favour by accepting to be mine. Come to think it, “Is she doing me any favour”? Don't even talk about sex cos it's very cheap and I can get it without dating. More so, she won't be doing me any good because she might even enjoy it more ( I always put my partner's satisfaction first).

I get sick and tired when a lady gives me unnecessary tough time. In fact, most of them call me “Egotistical”. They think I'm proud because my orientation is different from that of most guys they've met. They feel I'm cocky because they don't know my background, they have no idea about my journey so far.

I've had just 3 Girlfriends all my life. The first, I didn't woo her. The second gave me a YES after 24hours and the third which was the most tasking accepted to be mine after 4days of declaring interest. Guess what? I had the shortest relationship with the one that gave me the toughest time, it lasted just 2 months.

I've been single since December 2012 mainly because I don't have that strength to keep pushing and pushing. Most of them tell me that I'm spoilt and that I don't even know how to woo *lmao*. They claim I'm always too casual when wooing them, they say I don't show sign of seriousness, they conclude I always feel I shouldn't work too hard to get them. Do they want me to kill cow to show my sness? Nevertheless, I feel I've 10,000 B.c

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by LewisO: 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
Lukmanraji:
I met this girl in September, I never knew I could fall for her at first sight. We begin the friendship n I asked her out. She told me she had a bf already but I didn't take it as a barrier. We play together, play games, joke, eat and do a lot of things together. Suddenly she changed and start acting funny. She refused to pick up my calls and if she does, the chat is always boring. She stop replying my text and whatsapp msg.

Am confused. Maybe I should just give up on her.

That's my story line. Advice please.
Guy! am quoting u becoz I can feel your pain, that girl is a semi final of a gold digging trophy, she goes out with u spend your money together, oh boy wise up, that girl has no inch feelings for u just wanna eat your money and dump u, the reason she's not picking your calls is that believe u have celebrated foolishly for her so she has no business with u anymore, or u didn't spend enough of what she expected! I rest my comment there...

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
franklynx:
Amazingly, my own apparent situation na the other way round.. This gyal dey propose to me from da very first day wey she see me on fbk and later on Skype.. Na so she go dey blow my phone+Skype even when I still dey sleep.. ( moreso she know sey my time apparently dey lag hers by 9hrs).. No get me wrong oo she be fine gyal (Abj babe) but I feel sey na me suppose propose and I dey turnt-off by this..
Oga, u can give her a chance. The fact that she made the first move shouldn't be too much of a concern.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by ssuccess(m): 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
funshybam:
I actually have one like that on my hands now... sincerely, I don't have a date/girlfriend now, but seriously considering 2 ladies, one(Vic) has everything that should make me stay, but she dey form "wise girl" for me...dey friendzone me, na so i dey dey play mumu dey go and i dey relate wella with the other one(Uche), she's ok and very good, guess that's the one i will go with.

Vic never said yes to my proposal and the day she saw i was in good terms and comminicating with Uche, i had plenty of beging to do that day.... I was like... since you are interested in me, why forming for me
what of Ngozi and Simbi....#StoryForTheGods
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by FAVOUR13: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Rapsodee:
We started as very good friends....
one night,I asked her out,she told me clearly she has a bf already, pushed her the more,she gave me the same reply....then I noticed she was not ready to dance to my music,now I have made her realize I ve got plenty other choices and that I have moved on,all this happened within 2 months.

You don't need "YEARS" to wait and see if you have a chance with her or not,if you are a reasonable guy,you will know how far and take the required step.

#Rapsodee

You're on point my brother. I'm having similar experience right now. I felt I'm just too sincere with her. Perhaps they want it the other way round. Just that I always feel I shouldn't cheat on any lady

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by ayomidearo(m): 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
2 years sad

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Rapsodee(m): 9:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
smaallsz:

Were u expecting her 2 leave her bf and date u? Some boys sef
so u expect me to move on immediately just coz of dat?...if u continue dat way,you may turn out to be unlucky with girls,I asked her d 2nd time to know my stand before I move on.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by profeoo(m): 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
It's been 3 months now and she is yet to say yes to me. I luv her so much and I kw she luvs me too jst that she was scared of long distance relationship. I have tried convincing her that we can make it work inspite of distances if only we want to. But its 3months now and I'm loosing patience because my ex is pressuring to come back,plus I rilli dnt like gals staying dis long before saying either a yes or no...... I really want her to decide so I can conc on my NYSC
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by vislabraye(m): 10:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
Babes must play hard 2 get. I dont usually ask out. If its the babe U are quite farmilar with, just ask for her number. Take her unawares by taking her for a date.
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by mbzz: 11:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
Faddd:
I have waited for two years, but it was dissapointing that she finally said the "no" last week. I gues it was result of new year new system.
. I can't laff
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by neutrotoba(m): 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
I have been waiting two years, and I think she's the one.... but at a time, one can get tired of trying and having to wait, it's funny dz topic popped up 2day coz I jez recorded a song about it yestrday... waiting can be hell...... btw if anyone z interested in d song herez the download link http://www.tindeck.com/dl/gboi title is #TIRED

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by TOOTSIEPOOPSIE(m): 11:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
pasqal09:
I was actually the one who said yes to her undecided
and you know even fine sef!!!
sad
pasqal09:
I was actually the one who said yes to her undecided
and you know even fine sef!!!
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by ugwum007(m): 1:32am On Jan 01, 2015
she actually got dis sms from me ....thats for being part of 2014.....y will I waste my time on a girl?
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by piagetskinner(m): 1:49am On Jan 01, 2015
I asked my very close friend out nd she said she didn't want any r/ship to ruin our friendship#i felt bad,cos I didn't expect such answer,since then, I'v pushed askin anyone out, off my mind
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by filani(m): 1:50am On Jan 01, 2015
chic2pimp:

Nope. More like I sight a Pretty looking Lady whilst She also sees an incredibly Buff looking Young Chap with charm to light up a room(which I am if I might say so myself). Both our eyes connect and it's pretty obvious we both fancy the pants off each other. Why should I be the one to do the "Chasing, Wooing" or what have you when it is clear she stands to benefit more from the interaction? That's what I am driving at.

Now this Guy right here has something that a lot of us guys need more of ... It's called SELF RESPECT !!!

He refuses to come to the relationship table with a beggarly mindset, he values himself too much to let one funny gal waste his TIME and ENERGY.

I can't believe some male posters on this thread! Waiting 3 months, 6 months , 1 year plus !!! Don't even get me started about that guy that was spending on the Gal like ATM. Jeeeezus ! I don't know if I should laugh or cry for these guys.

If I have said it once then I've said it a thousand times to my Nairaland brothers .
RECIPROCITY is key, if you are doing all the work(chasing) and she's catching all the fun then you have missed it from the get go.

Relationship is a two way street , if I'm putting in effort to be with a Gal you better believe I expect her to put in effort to be with Me as well, I don't give myself CHEAPLY to any Gal

4 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by holysaint1(m): 1:54am On Jan 01, 2015
dovelike:
There has to be a spark.

my sista, we re not talking about transformer here... U can visit d nearest nepa office for more info.. :/
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by Etetejake(m): 2:20am On Jan 01, 2015
It's 8years and counting, she is yet to say Yx. Don't blame me. It's just that I will b her first and her last if she say Yx. Good thing don't come easy. I am willing to add two more yrs after wich I quit if she no say Yx.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by TijaniShakiru(m): 2:32am On Jan 01, 2015
Girls are d ones even asking me out, me sef go cme dey do hard to get.# no b my fault oo#
Re: How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? by lockupman(m): 3:46am On Jan 01, 2015
Don't be glad she finally accepted. During that one year, she may have been f*ckkd and dumped by some guys may not be up to you. On the other way, she might just be a decent girl who didn't f**k all those period (very rare to find such babes even on 'Maryamaka' skirt) grin

aprilwise:
I chase my girlfriend for over a year. She told me initially that she can't offer me anything more than friendship. I never gave up. Finally she agreed to be my girlfriend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Secrets That Can Destroy Your Relationship? / Ladies, 8 Guys You Should Avoid If You Want A Prosperous Financial Life / Why Ladies Love Guys Who Have Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.