Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) (17230 Views)

New Song: Lol Finally Airforce1 Diss Song Is Out. Lmao Download And Listen / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? / Best Hip Hop Beef/Diss Song Of All Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by DBR: 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2009
tosinaded@:

great lyricist no doubt, if not the best in nigeria cool
but there is a difference btwn having a talent and knowing how to use it undecided

yes we know ure a great lyricist, but what are u doing with em lyrics
guy aint exploring his potentials
sounding the same evrytime
he's got to be versatile!!!
@
tosinadeda
my guy, c'mon
Even after PS where M.9 flips raga, mid temp, fst temp and all u still say he SOUNDS the same?
I'm shocked. But again lets agree he sounds the same, i ask Y not.
Does JZ, Nas , Em, Common, Royce SOUND differently on diff. tracks?
U sound ur voice, so do u change ur voice?Except u havent found ur voice.
Some artists whose talk-voice is different from
their rap-voice even try to SOUND the same, it's consistency and it's very key.
How else dyu want to know who's singin or rappinĀ  if the artist switches how he SOUNDS.
U gon be like-hey who's that? kind of sounds like so and so but not really- u get?.
Tpain has been advised to lose the vocoder sound effect on his voice so fans can identify his
original voice and KNOW it because what happens when vocoder is no longer cool.
So SOUNDing consistent isĀ  reSOUNDingly SOUND smiley
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by blinx(m): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2009
BDR u were almost making sense till derailed along the line. U and i know very well that Tosin wasn't refering to his voice. He was refering to his style of rap. With mode the only thing that changes is the beat and the content, the style of delivery is always the same and very old school and that is boring. Rap has evolved. Why cant mode move with the now? or is it all about the hip hop is dead, lets save it thing. Mode despite the content of his song is mostly boring. It's just in this PS that he improved a bit, but i tell u, that dude needs to do alot of work if he wants to sound intresting. Let mode give us the hip hop of now and not that of 80s. Let him bring all the content of his rap into the hip hop of today.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by blinx(m): 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2009
BDR u were almost making sense till derailed along the line. U and i know very well that Tosin wasn't refering to his voice. He was refering to his style of rap. With mode the only thing that changes is the beat and the content, the style of delivery is always the same and very old school and that is boring. Rap has evolved. Why cant mode move with the now? or is it all about the hip hop is dead, lets save it thing. Mode despite the content of his song is mostly boring. It's just in this PS that he improved a bit, but i tell u, that dude needs to do alot of work if he wants to sound intresting. Let mode give us the hip hop of now and not that of 80s. Let him bring all the content of his rap into the hip hop of today.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 4:12pm On Jan 07, 2009
blinx:

BDR u were almost making sense till derailed along the line. U and i know very well that Tosin wasn't refering to his voice. He was refering to his style of rap. With mode the only thing that changes is the beat and the content, the style of delivery is always the same and very old school and that is boring. Rap has evolved. Why can't mode move with the now? or is it all about the hip hop is dead, lets save it thing. Mode despite the content of his song is mostly boring. It's just in this PS that he improved a bit, but i tell u, that dude needs to do alot of work if he wants to sound intresting. Let mode give us the hip hop of now and not that of 80s. Let him bring all the content of his rap into the hip hop of today.

A Blind will always be Blind grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by DBR: 4:45pm On Jan 07, 2009
blinx:

BDR u were almost making sense till derailed along the line. U and i know very well that Tosin wasn't refering to his voice. He was refering to his style of rap. With mode the only thing that changes is the beat and the content, the style of delivery is always the same and very old school and that is boring. Rap has evolved. Why can't mode move with the now? or is it all about the hip hop is dead, lets save it thing. Mode despite the content of his song is mostly boring. It's just in this PS that he improved a bit, but i tell u, that dude needs to do alot of work if he wants to sound intresting. Let mode give us the hip hop of now and not that of 80s. Let him bring all the content of his rap into the hip hop of today.
@
blinx
So i take the flak for what tosinadeda infered or s'pose to be referin' to not what he wrote .
Even at that, tho i don't self-prasie let me say i never derailed as ma train of tot was perfect on track.
Y?, i adressed what Tosin wrote, and i also addresed it from another angle.
Go read what i wrote.
In as much as i understand ur sentiment i disagree.
Most time before i comment i go back to ma itune and LISTEN.
In this case i listened to PS and i totally disagree that the delivery ws the same and borin'.
2ndly, i skimmed tru Ruggedy,M.i, Em, JZ, Royce, crookedi and i do not see major shift from the delivery
pattern they are known for on most tracks. Apart from the beat changin hence the tempo delivery was almost the same.
Yea i know versertility in ridin a beat is cool , i don't think M.9 fell below par, at least not in PS.
oNe
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by icezik1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2009
Ruggedman should release a diss track against Mode9 before I'll take him seriously. All Mode 9 was doing was attacking RuggedMan because of BAngin. Afterall, Mode9 said he wasn't talking to Ruggedman in the track "Talking To You" but since Ruggedman took it personally, he then decided to attack him for real.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by tosinaded(m): 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2009
ice_zik:

Ruggedman should release a diss track against Mode9 before I'll take him seriously. All Mode 9 was doing was attacking RuggedMan because of BAngin. Afterall, Mode9 said he wasn't talking to Ruggedman in the track "Talking To You" but since Ruggedman took it personally, he then decided to attack him for real.

if mode9 wasnt talking to rugged in talking to u!!!!
then y wld he think rugged was replying him in banging undecided

mode9 no get work
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by khanye(m): 6:28pm On Jan 07, 2009
ice_zik:

What's your point
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by darequam(m): 7:37pm On Jan 07, 2009
Guys stil de here de drag issue, anyway rugged just informed all that he'l be shootin the banging video. I don't expect to see a guy dressed like mode on it sha like he did to em fellows in ehen. He said anyone is invited to participate in d video.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by blinx(m): 10:40am On Jan 08, 2009
@DBR
Guys like Khanye needs to come to your school of inteligence and learn how to respond to posts in this forum.
If u observed closely in my post, i did say that Mode improved a bit in terms of style and delivery in PS but still needs to do more. I say this cos i'm already getting tired of listening to PS after barely two months and that shouldn't be cos i know there are albums i've been listening to for yrs now and i still cant get enough of them. I still listen to PS cos of the content of some tracks in the album not cos i particularly like the way he raps. My opinion though.
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by bouzymill(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2009
I
blinx:

I say this because i'm already getting tired of listening to PS after barely two months and that shouldn't be because i know there are albums i've been listening to for years now and i still can't get enough of them.

In as much as i love to stay away from any "mode9" thread in this forum, i would actually want to add to this. KRS One has been killing "ish" since back in the days when Hip Hop was still a baby, up till today he is here. And even attained "Hall of Fame" in Hip Hop. However, as much as i know what efforts KRS 1 puts to his lyrics, i still don't feel him. Infact, i've never felt any of his tracks before. The reason is simple, His style of delivery doesn't work for me. However, i have a friend who can die because KRs 1 is bursting. So what tha F*k

My main point is Mode9's delivery may not be working for you, that doesn't make his style bad or less than average. You can be tired of him, juz because you're not feeling his style. He is simply not doing your thing and he can't satisfy everybody. Not everybody can be like Kanye West who's trying to snatch fans of Elthon John. Simple!!!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by icezik1(m): 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2009
blinx:

@DBR
Guys like Khanye needs to come to your school of inteligence and learn how to respond to posts in this forum.
If u observed closely in my post, i did say that Mode improved a bit in terms of style and delivery in PS but still needs to do more. I say this because i'm already getting tired of listening to PS after barely two months and that shouldn't be because i know there are albums i've been listening to for years now and i still can't get enough of them. I still listen to PS because of the content of some tracks in the album not because i particularly like the way he raps. My opinion though.

Iagree
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by alisigwe(m): 6:16pm On Apr 26, 2009
and modo just gat a new jeep.lol
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Ruggedmail: 1:49pm On May 27, 2009
Java Love or what do u call urself,say whatever u want to say.Stop talkin silly n talk like a normal human being.I know u love mode9,no problem bt they r both into music business,infact whatever business it is ur achievements show how successful you are.Gone r the days that rags meant wisdom,now if u got rags on u r either broke or a mad man(gov pikin).

Rugged n mode have been in d game almost as long as each other,bt who has had more successful hits?Who has made more money?Who has helped atleast one visible artist up d ladder?

If u like work harder than jack ass,if you got nothin to show for it you are a failure and the world will see you as that.Brag all you want to brag,but if you aint makin it,you aint.

You are all devievin mode that he is tight,na tight we go chop?From what ruggedy said the guy still dey squat for friend house n una dey hail am , lol
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Ruggedmail: 1:54pm On May 27, 2009
Blinks ori e foka sibe,tell em.
Hip hop head ko,hip hop tail ni.
MI,Naeto C n co all just came on the scene and are doing shows all over.I hear MI just got a car.From his first album.While oga lyricist since 1982 has none to show for it, what can be the matter? ha ha ha ha ha ha !!! Instead of evolvin with hip hop he is clingin to old school style and making noise and tryin to beef with ruggedy who doesnt have his time yet.see old man wey him young ones don come meet am pass am still dey wan play rap battle.U go soon dey use walkin stick go rap battles lol
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Ruggedmail: 2:10pm On May 27, 2009
what a complete coward!

he need time to buy lyrics off someone!

trust me, the next thing rugged do will not be his. he willpay for it!

mode should come and beg>?

am seriously hating ruggedman now!! he dey run away from challenge!

that why mode is a SPARTAN

strong and bold, never afraid of challenges.

and its tru, only time will tell.

only time will tell, and nigerians will know what rap is all about!

and the focus will shift on the genuinely good rappers e.g mode.

Dnt make me laugh,mode is a spartan,strong and bold for who pocket?When ghetto p from sauce kids camp dissed the livin day light out of mode spartan why didnt he reply?
Anyways,Ruggedy has dropped a track Bangin with a bloody video shot on celluloid (something ur spartan cannot afford ha ha ha !!!) and it is gettin mad air play right now.So who did he buy it from?Reply o idiot.
and ur spartan said he has incriminatin info on ruggedy and ruggedy dared him plus insult join that he should bring it forward,wetin spartan do?E shut up quick quick.So who is the coward?
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 2:29pm On May 27, 2009
if this is the way nigerians reason, then as from today, I CEASE TO BE A NIGERIAN!!!!!!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by dammiecool(m): 2:32pm On May 27, 2009
@java
emi oni fowo osi juwe ile baba mi awa nijebu lati nigeria grin
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by kaydee(m): 3:37pm On May 27, 2009
another coward like his hero logged on with a foolish username like Ruggedmail and now vomiting on every thread

Go read Proverbs 26:11
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by cousinup: 8:39am On Jun 21, 2009
all you dudes complaining about how ruggedman is dissing mode9 with material things know nothing about beef , in hip hop it is allow to diss your rival with whatever you can because it is your advantage and suplimacy over the artist . even jayz diss mobb deep with financial sucess and record sales, go and listen to the line on ***take over** track in the blue print album where he said you little bleeps i got stack box bigger than you .

nas also made refrence about the money thing in his reply to jayz in the track ***last real nigga alive*** in the GODSON album where is he said now i get my paper longer . so it's cool if ruggedman brags about his cars , his money , his crib and his blings it's all part of the game .

tupac made refrence to his financial status on the hit em up track too where he said am a self made millionaire , so it's allow .

50 cent also did it to nas , fat joe , jada and jarule on window shopper and nas reply to him was the first 50 cent ever entered a bentley it was my bentley and the first time 50 cent ever wore and saw a real diamond was my diamond chain
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by javalove(m): 9:46am On Jun 21, 2009
cousin up:

all you dudes complaining about how ruggedman is dissing mode9 with material things know nothing about beef , in hip hop it is allow to diss your rival with whatever you can because it is your advantage and suplimacy over the artist . even jayz diss mobb deep with financial sucess and record sales, go and listen to the line on ***take over** track in the blue print album where he said you little bleeps i got stack box bigger than you .

nas also made refrence about the money thing in his reply to jayz in the track ***last real nigga alive*** in the GODSON album where is he said now i get my paper longer . so it's cool if ruggedman brags about his cars , his money , his crib and his blings it's all part of the game .

tupac made refrence to his financial status on the hit em up track too where he said am a self made millionaire , so it's allow .

50 cent also did it to nas , fat joe , jada and jarule on window shopper and nas reply to him was the first 50 cent ever entered a bentley it was my bentley and the first time 50 cent ever wore and saw a real diamond was my diamond chain

crap!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by ofokaofoki: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by dammiecool(m): 7:38am On Dec 31, 2009
ofokaofoki:

;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

ofokasibe ofokaofoki wink
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2010
mode9 mode9 mode 9
How many times i call u dat money wey i take buy ur wack paradigm shift u go still give me anytime i catch u
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by pheesayor(m): 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2010
suniblu:

mode9 mode9 mode 9
How many times i call u dat money wey i take buy your wack paradigm shift u go still give me anytime i catch u

who be this one again?
Re: Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2010
So has Rughead replied since?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From P-square's Tanzania Tour! / What Are your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2009? / Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.